View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    ALLTEL TO VERIZON CONFIRMATION NEEDED:
    - I'm sure it's been posted, but there's SO many responses in this thread my search has over-loaded me so I thought I'd ask a new question. Mainly because the last ALLTEL markets are converting in 2 weeks so people will be checking this more.

I have an Alltel account/plan that's locked in contract (I like my plan. Wanted to keep it for a while).

The plan is an Alltel Smartchoice plan (includes Blackberry BIS/BES service, Unlimited SMS/MMS and of course unlimited data).

Now I know the 5gb will probably take affect, which doesn't matter as I never use NEAR that. My question is for the other 2.

I want to purchase a VZN BB Tour outright from someone. Then take the phone and put it on my account (this is after the 16th when we convert).

#1. If I put a Verizon Blackberry on my account will the BB BIS/BES services work? I've read that it should work just fine as customers will be auto-provisioned into the VZN system if they have any BB code. I'll just have to make a new verizon BIS email, and a then re-setup my personal email on that new BIS account. Is this correct?

#2. This it the one I haven't gotten confirmation on: I have unlimited SMS/MMS as part of my package. It's not an addon, but something that was part of the actual package for my plan on both of my lines (both BB's). The feature itself (MMSD) is a seperate feature, but the "comes with unlimited SMS/MMS" was part of the actual package specs.

If I purchase a Tour and have it activated will my MMS/SMS work. I've heard it requires a feature change in VZN's system (to provision you in their systems) but my question is do they have a $0 feature they are replacing the alltel MMSD code with, or will they make me BUY one even though it's PART of my locked in plan?

Thanks VZN reps for taking the time to answer.

d.
    10-05-09 04:30 AM
    #1. If I put a Verizon Blackberry on my account will the BB BIS/BES services work? I've read that it should work just fine as customers will be auto-provisioned into the VZN system if they have any BB code. I'll just have to make a new verizon BIS email, and a then re-setup my personal email on that new BIS account. Is this correct?
    Yes they will work. It will be provisioned with the same feature as it would have been with Alltel. Only now it will be setup for use with the VZW BIS. Works flawless, but like you said - it will have be be setup again.

#2. This it the one I haven't gotten confirmation on: I have unlimited SMS/MMS as part of my package. It's not an addon, but something that was part of the actual package for my plan on both of my lines (both BB's). The feature itself (MMSD) is a seperate feature, but the "comes with unlimited SMS/MMS" was part of the actual package specs.
    If I purchase a Tour and have it activated will my MMS/SMS work. I've heard it requires a feature change in VZN's system (to provision you in their systems) but my question is do they have a $0 feature they are replacing the alltel MMSD code with, or will they make me BUY one even though it's PART of my locked in plan?
    With the SmartChoice plan or similar plan that includes the MMSD Alltel feature code, then yes this will carry over with no problem. It will show up automatically in the billing system as "Unlimited Messaging - $0" and will be provisioned in the appropriate VZW text/mms systems.

Hope this helps!
    10-05-09 05:05 AM
    Thanks for the info. Just to clarify is this something a rep will have to do, or will my setup allow me to do the change via the VZW online account and it will auto-update?

d.
    10-05-09 05:13 AM
    It might allow you to do it - I don't see why not. But if a rep over the phone does it, then it won't be a problem. Billing will automatically add what ever features should be on there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-09 05:22 AM
    Thanks a ton. Too bad this isn't a call where I could hit #1 for a review...lol.
    10-05-09 05:23 AM
    I know right? Gotta get that NPS! Haha

10-05-09 05:26 AM
    I know right? Gotta get that NPS! Haha

Speaking of. I'll PM you some funny NPS stuff.
    10-05-09 05:30 AM
    How long do you have to be on the $59.99 plan to upgrade early?
    3 months last time I checked, though with anything it is sketchy, in either case you will have to sign a 2 year contract in order to do it early
    10-06-09 03:30 PM
    I have an issue with my storm selecting the wrong letters and sensing my presses in the wrong location. I have a replacement on the way but I'm worried they may try to charge me retail since I've dropped it a couple times and the screen has a crack in it.

10-06-09 07:18 PM
    I have an issue with my storm selecting the wrong letters and sensing my presses in the wrong location. I have a replacement on the way but I'm worried they may try to charge me retail since I've dropped it a couple times and the screen has a crack in it.

Yeah pretty sure that you're going to be charged full retail for it. You need to send the warranty replacement back and go ahead and file an insurance claim on it.

Wonder why it would be selecting the wrong letters and not sensing the right touch? Couldn't be because the screen cracked could it? lol..
    10-06-09 07:22 PM
    Wife and I are on our 5th year of VZW service.

PART1: We just bought 2 Storms with the buy1/free1 promo. Basically I want to return the free one. Unfortunately, I no longer have the packaging for my phone (box cut apart for the rebate, haven't taken advantage of yet since I haven't been sure if I'm keeping the phone) and mine was the 'purchased' phone. As such, I want to swap my phone to my wife's # and return her phone (which was the free one) as that one is completely 100% like new. Unless of course I can just give them the box for hers and my phone (but I doubt since it has all the ID stuff printed on the side).

PART2: Our 30 day return is up on Oct 19. I'm leaning towards the Imagio or the unreleased Android phone. What should I do about this? Is it true that the imagio isn't in stores until the 20th? I know no date is set for Android and I don't mind waiting, but just wondering if anyone has any advice on how to regard this situation? I'll be going w/o a phone essentially until the new phone is available. Is there any way to extend a return period (maybe as short as a week or 2? if the rumors are to be believed)?

--- or should I just make do w/ the phone for a few months and then just go get a new one? what kind of financial penalty (there's always something out to screw us) will this have?

PART3: Have a bunch of pictures trapped on my wife's old cell phone (VX6100) that we would really like to get back (wedding pics, baby daughter coming home from hospital, etc). Can VZ transfer these off for us? The phone no longer has service so we can't mail them to ourselves.

Long I know.. but appreciate it!
    Last edited by bonfilio; 10-07-09 at 02:14 PM.
    10-07-09 02:09 PM
    Is the VIP program open to family plans? I just added a line onto mine, which obviously increases my monthly bill. Thanks...

10-07-09 06:57 PM
    Forgive me if this has already been asked and answered. I am trying to get a handle on whether or not VZW is going to be releasing the "Curve 2" and if it will be any time soon. I've heard everything from before "black Friday" to they are never getting it.
    Not a fan of the Tour's keyboard and don't want to get the Curve that is out now since it's pretty old at this point.
    Thoughts? Suggestions?
    Thank you!
    10-07-09 07:32 PM
    I know you have probably had a ton of questions about this, but i can't help but asking. I currently have a Storm, that has been acting weird on and off ever since i got it. I've had it ever since release, and my contract is ready for a renewal in august (technically December, but that's with the 4 month's early). Anyway, i'm looking for a way to get a Tour at promotional pricing without having to add a new line or start a contract of any kind. I know that's somewhat of a ridiculous question, but i'm wondering if there's any way that since i have a defective device already, if there's any way to upgrade? Please let me know if there's anything i can do. Also, if it would help, i'm not a primary line, my line is a secondary line on my parents plan.
    10-08-09 11:09 PM
    Well, since the VZW reps have all vanished & choose to let bluerskyes chennel all of their information, allow me to help - but make sure you read my signature... any wrong info is caused by blue_and_bold - blame him

PART1: We just bought 2 Storms with the buy1/free1 promo. Basically I want to return the free one. Unfortunately, I no longer have the packaging for my phone (box cut apart for the rebate, haven't taken advantage of yet since I haven't been sure if I'm keeping the phone) and mine was the 'purchased' phone. As such, I want to swap my phone to my wife's # and return her phone (which was the free one) as that one is completely 100% like new. Unless of course I can just give them the box for hers and my phone (but I doubt since it has all the ID stuff printed on the side).

Just return it with the best box you want to give up - if you've not sent for the rebate, return the phone with the cut box & UPC.

PART2: Our 30 day return is up on Oct 19. I'm leaning towards the Imagio or the unreleased Android phone. What should I do about this? Is it true that the imagio isn't in stores until the 20th? I know no date is set for Android and I don't mind waiting, but just wondering if anyone has any advice on how to regard this situation? I'll be going w/o a phone essentially until the new phone is available. Is there any way to extend a return period (maybe as short as a week or 2? if the rumors are to be believed)?

Imagio will not be in stores before 10/20 - and maybe won't be there then, at the current sales rate. See Touch Pro2 for what happens with VZW sells more than they expected - out of stock for seemingly forever.

--- or should I just make do w/ the phone for a few months and then just go get a new one? what kind of financial penalty (there's always something out to screw us) will this have?

You may have a restocking fee - but if you return on that line, you should regain your NE2. If it was a new line, you'll want to drop it until you get a new phone.

PART3: Have a bunch of pictures trapped on my wife's old cell phone (VX6100) that we would really like to get back (wedding pics, baby daughter coming home from hospital, etc). Can VZ transfer these off for us? The phone no longer has service so we can't mail them to ourselves.

Most stores can only transfer phone book info - see if you can beg or borrow a data cable, then download BitPIM - use CAREFULLY, as it is easy to screw up the phone.

Not as long as some of my posts.

Is the VIP program open to family plans? I just added a line onto mine, which obviously increases my monthly bill. Thanks...
    Yes.

Forgive me if this has already been asked and answered. I am trying to get a handle on whether or not VZW is going to be releasing the "Curve 2" and if it will be any time soon. I've heard everything from before "black Friday" to they are never getting it.
    Not a fan of the Tour's keyboard and don't want to get the Curve that is out now since it's pretty old at this point.
    Thoughts? Suggestions?
    Thank you!
    It will be awhile, if at all. No one knows if or when.

I know you have probably had a ton of questions about this, but i can't help but asking. I currently have a Storm, that has been acting weird on and off ever since i got it. I've had it ever since release, and my contract is ready for a renewal in august (technically December, but that's with the 4 month's early). Anyway, i'm looking for a way to get a Tour at promotional pricing without having to add a new line or start a contract of any kind. I know that's somewhat of a ridiculous question, but i'm wondering if there's any way that since i have a defective device already, if there's any way to upgrade? Please let me know if there's anything i can do. Also, if it would help, i'm not a primary line, my line is a secondary line on my parents plan.
    August 2010? You might be eligible for a one-year upgrade this December, depending on your price plan/status. Check with VZW to see if you will have a one-year promo. Also, Storm is weird, but Tour isn't much better.
    10-09-09 10:48 PM
    I,m currently using the 8100 pearl and would like too get the storm 2
    when it comes out sometime in november. But I'm currently living in jamaica how do I go about to purchase the phone
    10-11-09 01:57 PM
    I,m currently using the 8100 pearl and would like too get the storm 2
    when it comes out sometime in november. But I'm currently living in jamaica how do I go about to purchase the phone
    Since you have a Pearl 8100, you're on a GSM carrier. You would need to move into a VZW service area, establish service with them, then get your phone. After that, you would need to have service long enough to get them to unlock it for you, then pay the ETF to get out of your contract & move back home.

Or, you could snag one on eBay or some other site.

10-11-09 09:59 PM

PART3: Have a bunch of pictures trapped on my wife's old cell phone (VX6100) that we would really like to get back (wedding pics, baby daughter coming home from hospital, etc). Can VZ transfer these off for us? The phone no longer has service so we can't mail them to ourselves.#

# 3

Any store should be able to transfer your pictures with the celebrite machince, on most camera phones you can pull the pictures too, now a vx6100 im not 100% sure but ill have to get back to you on that one.
    10-11-09 10:14 PM
    I switched to Verizon from T-Mobile and I'm loving it. I used to have a lot of dropped calls on T-Mobile and haven't dropped one yet with Verizon.
    10-12-09 12:16 AM
    I switched to Verizon from T-Mobile and I'm loving it. I used to have a lot of dropped calls on T-Mobile and haven't dropped one yet with Verizon.
    T-Mobile has really good customer service - but that only goes so far when you keep hanging up on people you want to talk to.

10-12-09 02:34 AM
    thanks for the info
    10-12-09 12:18 PM
    Alright I have a question...If I were to do an annual upgrade with the S2 and get a free tour with the upgrade (BOGO), could I not just cancel the new contract on the new tour for 160 dollars and basically get the tour for 160?

To state things more clearly...

New annual upgrade gets me a new 2 yr. with the storm2
    Get a free tour for signing sign another 2 year contract
    Cancel 2nd 2-year contract for 160 and get tour for 160.

Is this possible??

I am asking since it is lookin like VZW will be doin the BOGO with the S2
    10-12-09 12:40 PM
    No I think they will charge you full retail price for the phone.
    10-12-09 01:26 PM
    If you cancel the 2 year contract?
    10-12-09 01:33 PM
    Yes because the only reason you get it for free is because you agreed to a 2 year contract.
    10-12-09 01:46 PM
5,111 ... 148149150151152 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD