View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Do you ever think the iphone will be on verizon?
    There is possibility... but thats not to say AT&T will not renew their contract in June. We are slated to get the first Apple Tablet PCs. If Verizon does get the iphone, the cell phone game will be on lock!
    09-24-09 09:47 AM
    Is it possible to get just a email/web/text plan on VZW without having minutes? I barely use minutes on my phone and would like to get rid of them, if possible, to reduce the cost of my plan. Thanks!
    09-24-09 09:48 AM
    Is it possible to get just a email/web/text plan on VZW without having minutes? I barely use minutes on my phone and would like to get rid of them, if possible, to reduce the cost of my plan. Thanks!
    Yes it is I believe there is a plan that runs 49.99 a month or something to that effect that doesn't include any airtime.
    09-24-09 09:58 AM
    Yes it is I believe there is a plan that runs 49.99 a month or something to that effect that doesn't include any airtime.
    Thanks! I was looking at the plan and thought they might be it. I just wasn't sure if I could switch from a plan with minutes to one without.
    09-24-09 10:32 AM
    I just got my Tour two days ago. I am new to the BB world. When I try to play a game on Facebook it tells me that I need to install the latest Flash Player...but it won't work. One of the reasons I got a BB was to be able to do my FB games on it. What can I do?
    09-24-09 10:42 AM
    I just got my Tour two days ago. I am new to the BB world. When I try to play a game on Facebook it tells me that I need to install the latest Flash Player...but it won't work. One of the reasons I got a BB was to be able to do my FB games on it. What can I do?
    You'll need to return your phone for one that can do Flash - BlackBerrys are extremely limited in what they can do online & in email.

A phone with Android, Linux or WM6.5 is what you want to look for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-09 11:41 AM
    You'll need to return your phone for one that can do Flash - BlackBerrys are extremely limited in what they can do online & in email.

A phone with Android, Linux or WM6.5 is what you want to look for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Or a computer....
    09-24-09 12:43 PM
    I had a warranty issue with my blackberry storm. I took it to my local store and they replaced it. Got home and started setting email, etc and went to contacts and there were about 100 contacts left on the phone from the previous user. Is there any cause for concern that something else might still be on the phone from previous user? thanks
    09-24-09 02:59 PM
    yes.... It could have a STD.
    09-24-09 03:20 PM
    I had a warranty issue with my blackberry storm. I took it to my local store and they replaced it. Got home and started setting email, etc and went to contacts and there were about 100 contacts left on the phone from the previous user. Is there any cause for concern that something else might still be on the phone from previous user? thanks
    Most replacement phones are refurbished. The phone probably didn't get completely wiped before it went out.
    09-24-09 03:21 PM
    Most replacement phones are refurbished. The phone probably didn't get completely wiped before it went out.
    Phones that are sent back to Verizon for replacement are wiped out first prior to any soft/hardware testing. For blackberries this means resetting everything back to factory default. The reason this is done is they want to eliminate any possibility that a 3rd party app or user misconfiguration is actually causing the issue. The steps a replacement phone goes through (according to a buddy of mine that's a tech rep) is:

1) Reset to factory default (wipe all data out)
    2) Check firmware version, update to current version if not current.
    3) Run hardware diagnostics, if all pass Ok, then it continues, if not then not.
    4) Placed in inventory system for replacement phones, shipped to replacement warehouse.
    5) Shipped out to end user.

Any questions?
    09-24-09 04:16 PM
    Iphone should be on Verizon around Q1 2010, summer at latest.. If Apple ever gets their act together..
    09-24-09 04:18 PM
    Phones that are sent back to Verizon for replacement are wiped out first prior to any soft/hardware testing. For blackberries this means resetting everything back to factory default. The reason this is done is they want to eliminate any possibility that a 3rd party app or user misconfiguration is actually causing the issue. The steps a replacement phone goes through (according to a buddy of mine that's a tech rep) is:

3) Run hardware diagnostics, if all pass Ok, then it continues, if not then not.
    4) Placed in inventory system for replacement phones, shipped to replacement warehouse.

Any questions?

MMMMHMMM someone was drinking mikes at his station the day he was inspecting your phone? who knows its not biggy, dont stress just a contact list, i would wipe just to be sure tho. Can never be too careful :P
    09-24-09 04:19 PM
    The storm is in pretty bad shape, but it is insured, so I am thinking of saying I lost it paying the $50 for a replacement and selling that once I get my Tour. Is there anything I would have to do to the replacement before selling it ie unlocking it, releasing the pin, and if so how do I go about doing those things.

You should be very proud of yourself for thinking it's okay to engage in insurance fraud when you lie about losing your phone.

Well, putting aside unethical issues... A phone that is reported as lost/stolen is put on the blacklist and any attempts to reactivate the phone by someone other than the original owner will result in failure to activate.

I know. I deal with it at least a couple times a week. So the end result? You sell it to someone who leaves you bad feedback on ebay or contacts ebay to get their money back. The best thing you could do? Keep it as a parts phone/paperweight.
    09-24-09 04:24 PM

Any questions?
    I'm quite familiar with the process. No need to roll your eyes.
    09-24-09 04:31 PM
    ok well i have a question me and my wife have bb and need to cut some corners on the bill can i use the bb just as a regular phone and get ride of the the bb plans
    09-24-09 09:12 PM
    ok well i have a question me and my wife have bb and need to cut some corners on the bill can i use the bb just as a regular phone and get ride of the the bb plans
    Sure. Just change the phone on your account to a regular phone and you can drop the data plan.
    09-24-09 09:14 PM
    Sure. Just change the phone on your account to a regular phone and you can drop the data plan.
    i dont have any other phones i want to use the bb as a regular phone is that possible
    09-24-09 09:15 PM
    i dont have any other phones i want to use the bb as a regular phone is that possible
    No but you can sell it and buy a regular phone.
    Verizon Wireless Cell Phones - Verizon Cell Phone - Verizon Cellular Handset
    09-24-09 09:18 PM
    Well, putting aside unethical issues... A phone that is reported as lost/stolen is put on the blacklist and any attempts to reactivate the phone by someone other than the original owner will result in failure to activate.

I know. I deal with it at least a couple times a week. So the end result? You sell it to someone who leaves you bad feedback on ebay or contacts ebay to get their money back. The best thing you could do? Keep it as a parts phone/paperweight.
    I think its hilarious how many people misunderstood this guys original comment again and again. He is saying that he will replace the phone then sell the replacement he recieves not sell the phone he said he "lost"....
    I think.
    09-25-09 07:39 AM
    I think its hilarious how many people misunderstood this guys original comment again and again. He is saying that he will replace the phone then sell the replacement he recieves not sell the phone he said he "lost"....
    I think.
    Nah he said specifically that he was going to sell the storm that he has "lost" and getting a tour replacement for it, which i dont think would even be allowed
    09-25-09 09:41 AM
    Nah he said specifically that he was going to sell the storm that he has "lost" and getting a tour replacement for it, which i dont think would even be allowed
    Actually,

"I am getting a new colorware Tour, and want to sell my old Storm. The storm is in pretty bad shape, but it is insured, so I am thinking of saying I lost it paying the $50 for a replacement and selling that once I get my Tour"

He says he is buying a Colorware Tour and wants to sell his old storm after he gets it replaced so it will be in better condition. So like I said, its funny how many people get this mixed up. And he never says he will report the storm lost and get a Tour.
    09-25-09 10:17 AM
    correct you are sir
    09-25-09 11:01 AM
    Here here!
    09-25-09 12:15 PM
    I have a easy but odd question for anyone that works for Verizon wireless employee.

Just out of curiosity what type of payroll system do they use when you receive your checks?

ADP? SYS? im sure there are other but would like to know. sorry for the weird question just am curious.
    09-25-09 04:24 PM
5,111 ... 146147148149150 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD