View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Most stores won't match Best Buy pricing. Best Buy sells their phones so cheap because you're entering into a secondary contract. Yes it's Verizon service, but they have their own terms which need to be read CAREFULLY. 99% of the time, it's not worth it.
    Not to mention your experience may be different... better or worse because the training can be much different... not knocking any place especially best buy but be very carefull who you buy it from... ask them lots of questions and if they dont sound like they are all there or not sure about core features and pricing on your account be carefull also be carefull of people who say yes and sure to too many of your questions... If everything sounds GRRRREAT then you might be in heaven or NOT!
    09-20-09 12:47 AM
    Most stores won't match Best Buy pricing. Best Buy sells their phones so cheap because you're entering into a secondary contract. Yes it's Verizon service, but they have their own terms which need to be read CAREFULLY. 99% of the time, it's not worth it.
    Online, yes. In-store, no.

In-store at BestBuy, Walmart, Sams Club or Costco is the exact same terms & conditions as walking into a VZW store - just usually cheaper.

Right now, Walmart has enV3 for $48.88, while VZW has it for $129.99. BOGOs at VZW? Buy two for less, or just get one for less than half the price of VZW.

Same plan, often better service. No additional charges.

Go with Costco & get similarly cheap phone prices with free accessory packs - car charger, choice of case, etc.

Buy the phone, walk out, have a problem, call 611. Need to reduce your minutes in 30 days? Call 611. No penalties.

Going BestBuy or Walmart online comes with extra contract agreements. In-store, no extra agreements - just lower prices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 01:42 AM
    Well I'm sure I've posted on here before with this question as many others have but....

Does Verizon allow you to purchase a new BlackBerry without the data plan?

Many times I think the response has been no and for a variety of reasons, however, the answer should be YES if the store employees find you attractive enough.

My friend purchased a new BlackBerry with the "required" data plan during her initial purchase. After 1 month she was able to remove it with no issues. To further that she's now on month 4 and it hasn't been added back on automatically by the system.

So with this being said I want to know how it is she can do that and I can't. It pisses me off. Actually it pisses me off so much that my contract is up in December and I'm out and going back to my old provider. I don't understand it at all. It seems like a crock. Any opinions folks?
    09-20-09 05:23 PM
    Well I'm sure I've posted on here before with this question as many others have but....

Does Verizon allow you to purchase a new BlackBerry without the data plan?

Many times I think the response has been no and for a variety of reasons, however, the answer should be YES if the store employees find you attractive enough.

My friend purchased a new BlackBerry with the "required" data plan during her initial purchase. After 1 month she was able to remove it with no issues. To further that she's now on month 4 and it hasn't been added back on automatically by the system.

So with this being said I want to know how it is she can do that and I can't. It pisses me off. Actually it pisses me off so much that my contract is up in December and I'm out and going back to my old provider. I don't understand it at all. It seems like a crock. Any opinions folks?
    Its one of three things:

1. You're lying
    2. she doesnt have a blackberry but thinks she does
    3. its already put in with the plan, and she isnt aware she is paying for it.

But if you really believe that you can do it without a data plan, then go ahead and call vzw with her number, im sure they will be able to explain why, and then put it back on her account, and backdate it, to make you feel happy.
    09-20-09 05:28 PM
    Its one of three things:

1. You're lying
    2. she doesnt have a blackberry but thinks she does
    3. its already put in with the plan, and she isnt aware she is paying for it.

But if you really believe that you can do it without a data plan, then go ahead and call vzw with her number, im sure they will be able to explain why, and then put it back on her account, and backdate it, to make you feel happy.
    ^^^^TRUE, however some smart phones before a certain date did not require the package, like most treo's, the centro etc, I'm 99% sure that blackberry though has required one for a very long time, the other PDA phones just recently were required to do this also. I'm thinking she probably has a centro and thinks its a blackberry because its cooler to have a blackberry and she doesnt know the difference between the two....maybe she has a samsung or CDM also....hmmmm

EDIT: ....no you cant get a BB without it on verizon, AT&T, and sprint all now require it, for all current phones, and most blackberrys last generation
    Last edited by Xanadul; 09-21-09 at 08:54 AM.
    09-21-09 08:48 AM
    I have been searching the forums and have found some answers but not really particular to my situation, and was wondering if you could offer some advice.
    I am getting a new colorware Tour, and want to sell my old Storm. The storm is in pretty bad shape, but it is insured, so I am thinking of saying I lost it paying the $50 for a replacement and selling that once I get my Tour. Is there anything I would have to do to the replacement before selling it ie unlocking it, releasing the pin, and if so how do I go about doing those things.

Also when I get the Tour what do I have to do to activate it and will my insurance cover a replacement tour?
    09-21-09 01:04 PM
    I have been searching the forums and have found some answers but not really particular to my situation, and was wondering if you could offer some advice.
    I am getting a new colorware Tour, and want to sell my old Storm. The storm is in pretty bad shape, but it is insured, so I am thinking of saying I lost it paying the $50 for a replacement and selling that once I get my Tour. Is there anything I would have to do to the replacement before selling it ie unlocking it, releasing the pin, and if so how do I go about doing those things.

Also when I get the Tour what do I have to do to activate it and will my insurance cover a replacement tour?

How are you getting the tour? (Curious so i can tell you if it would be covered or insurable)
    As far as the insurance claim, u dont have to go through the whole i lost it thing just say your screen is black or pick a issue that its having and theyll send you one, you shouldnt have to do anything to unlock it, but you can just wipe it when it comes just in case, im pretty sure once its off your account and the tour is there the pin should be free someone correct me if im wrong
    09-21-09 01:15 PM
    Thanks for your help. If I am understanding correctly once I activate the Tour (any info on how to go about doing that, would be appreciated), and take the Storm off my account I can sell it to someone else and they can activate it, without doing anything else on my end.

I actually won the new tour from the crackberry contest - is it possible to insure blackberrys bought from a 3rd party?
    09-21-09 01:33 PM
    Thanks for your help. If I am understanding correctly once I activate the Tour (any info on how to go about doing that, would be appreciated), and take the Storm off my account I can sell it to someone else and they can activate it, without doing anything else on my end.

I actually won the new tour from the crackberry contest - is it possible to insure blackberrys bought from a 3rd party?
    Not really

Edit: though you can call customer service and get them to confirm or deny that.
    09-21-09 02:06 PM
    Actually, if it is a new VZW device, never before activated, you may be able to do just that.

Or, better idea - check out the personal article insurance at statefarm.com - it is a much better deal.

Or, best idea - sell that thing for $300 & pick up the new HTC Touch Pro 2 for $200. Then go to the better idea to insure that beauty.

09-22-09 01:10 AM
    There isn't much that is difficult with the TP2. TouchFlo 3D is intuitive & very capable. WM6.1 is even thoroughly masked.

The biggest consumer fall-down is its very limited music player.

It is a large phone & a bit heavier than many phones. For all we know, the guy was trying to rationalize $200 for a single device after he found out about sub-$75 Tours.

09-22-09 08:59 AM
    I'm a loyal Verizon customer. I am usually not one to complain and this isn't really Verizon's fault but I just can no longer deal with the Storm. I don't run a ton of 3rd party apps (Weatherbug and Poynt are it) I don't have any music or videos on it but I have been having lag issues as long as I have owned which is since the end of December. I understand that technically I am not due an upgrade until December of 2010 however my wife's phone is about 3 years old. She is part of the family share plan on my account. Can she upgrade to a Tour or a Curve and give me the 2nd phone and I ditch my Storm?

I use my phone for business and due to the lag and consistent freeze ups I am pissing off clients and I can't afford to lose their business. Especially in this economy.

If the upgrade is solely tied to me since it is my account, is there any way I can get a Verizon rep to waive my upgrade period? I am at the point where I am willing to pay my early termination fee and just switch to another carrier. I am beyond frustrated.

Again, I don't want to switch. I like Verizon a lot, their coverage is second to none. Of course with my freeze ups and lag issues I wouldn't know it.
    09-22-09 03:28 PM
    I'm a loyal Verizon customer. I am usually not one to complain and this isn't really Verizon's fault but I just can no longer deal with the Storm. I don't run a ton of 3rd party apps (Weatherbug and Poynt are it) I don't have any music or videos on it but I have been having lag issues as long as I have owned which is since the end of December. I understand that technically I am not due an upgrade until December of 2010 however my wife's phone is about 3 years old. She is part of the family share plan on my account. Can she upgrade to a Tour or a Curve and give me the 2nd phone and I ditch my Storm?

I use my phone for business and due to the lag and consistent freeze ups I am pissing off clients and I can't afford to lose their business. Especially in this economy.

If the upgrade is solely tied to me since it is my account, is there any way I can get a Verizon rep to waive my upgrade period? I am at the point where I am willing to pay my early termination fee and just switch to another carrier. I am beyond frustrated.

Again, I don't want to switch. I like Verizon a lot, their coverage is second to none. Of course with my freeze ups and lag issues I wouldn't know it.
    take a look at your current OS version there are many options to increase performance, and 191 official is coming soon, and should fix your issue, as will the hybrids that are available, but yes you can use her upgrade to get yourself a phone
    09-22-09 03:54 PM
    I'm a loyal Verizon customer....

I am beyond frustrated.

I too am a loyal customer - of all four major carriers.

Seriously, here is what I would do.

Call 611. Explain what you just explained to us, then say something like, "based on this, can you tell me if & when I will be eligible for an early upgrade?"

Most two-year VZW contracts come with an early upgrade @ one year. I know that will be December, but they may offer to move you up sooner.

Let them surprise you.

09-22-09 03:58 PM
    I too am a loyal customer - of all four major carriers.

Seriously, here is what I would do.

Call 611. Explain what you just explained to us, then say something like, "based on this, can you tell me if & when I will be eligible for an early upgrade?"

Most two-year VZW contracts come with an early upgrade @ one year. I know that will be December, but they may offer to move you up sooner.

Let them surprise you.

Thank you. Thank you too Xanadul. I greatly appreciate the insight.
    09-22-09 09:03 PM

I'm sure you're aware of the fact that any time you file a claim there's a possibility of them catching you. The deductible is to insure that people don't attempt to defraud them by making a false report to get a new phone just because it's scratched up a little bit. Why not just sell the thing on ebay or Craigslist?

Maybe it's just me, but anytime someone reports a "lost" phone the ESN should be locked unless the original owner recovers it and wants to place it back on their account. Maybe then deductible costs would come down.
    09-24-09 04:59 AM
    I'm sure you're aware of the fact that any time you file a claim there's a possibility of them catching you. The deductible is to insure that people don't attempt to defraud them by making a false report to get a new phone just because it's scratched up a little bit. Why not just sell the thing on ebay or Craigslist?

Maybe it's just me, but anytime someone reports a "lost" phone the ESN should be locked unless the original owner recovers it and wants to place it back on their account. Maybe then deductible costs would come down.
    Well technically you can throw your phone up against the wall and call it an accident and just file a claim. No need to say you lost it. The whole point of insurance is the reason this person needs to file a claim. It is not in like-new condition. It would be denied by warranty and would need to have an insurance claim filed on it.

Anytime you report a lost or stolen phone to insurance or to VZW the ESN is locked and put on a list. So that's already been taken care of - even if you file just a simple claim on a damaged phone. The damaged phone gets added to a list that will not allow you to activate it.
    09-24-09 05:21 AM
    Well technically you can throw your phone up against the wall and call it an accident and just file a claim. No need to say you lost it. The whole point of insurance is the reason this person needs to file a claim. It is not in like-new condition. It would be denied by warranty and would need to have an insurance claim filed on it.

Anytime you report a lost or stolen phone to insurance or to VZW the ESN is locked and put on a list. So that's already been taken care of - even if you file just a simple claim on a damaged phone. The damaged phone gets added to a list that will not allow you to activate it.
    Right.

Either way, seems unwise to say it was lost and then try to sell it.

If you claim it was lost and try to resell it, it will be locked. At least on VZW.

If you break it or it's damaged, you still have to return it when you recieve your replacement phone or they will charge you several hundred dollars. So I would sell it.
    09-24-09 05:27 AM
    The storm is in pretty bad shape, but it is insured, so I am thinking of saying I lost it paying the $50 for a replacement and selling that once I get my Tour. Is there anything I would have to do to the replacement before selling it ie unlocking it, releasing the pin, and if so how do I go about doing those things.

You should be very proud of yourself for thinking it's okay to engage in insurance fraud when you lie about losing your phone.
    09-24-09 05:32 AM
    Right.

Either way, seems unwise to say it was lost and then try to sell it.

If you claim it was lost and try to resell it, it will be locked. At least on VZW.

If you break it or it's damaged, you still have to return it when you recieve your replacement phone or they will charge you several hundred dollars. So I would sell it.
    He was actually planning on filing an insurance claim on the damaged phone and selling the replacement. This is totally fine and not unethical.
    09-24-09 05:33 AM
    You should be very proud of yourself for thinking it's okay to engage in insurance fraud when you lie about losing your phone.
    Seriously.. this isn't like setting your house on fire and filing insurance. Asurion will replace the phone either way. Lost/damaged/stolen doesn't matter. It's a phone and all they are going to give him most likely will be a refurb.
    09-24-09 05:38 AM
    I guess you're right there. It's just the fact that it's an unethical claim in the first place. I wonder though, would he have to activate it on his account before he sold it? Or would VZW require the replacement to be activated on his account?
    Last edited by wetherb67; 09-24-09 at 05:48 AM.
    09-24-09 05:43 AM
    Doesn't read that way to me. Sounds like getting the replacement storm and selling it.
    Exactly. The replacement Storm will be his property at that point and he will not have any problem selling it. That is what he is paying insurance for each month and a deductible.
    09-24-09 05:45 AM
    He was actually planning on filing an insurance claim on the damaged phone and selling the replacement. This is totally fine and not unethical.
    its only unethical if he lies about his phone being lost, when its actually damaged. is fraud if he knowingly has the device and claims it to be lost.
    09-24-09 07:12 AM
    Do you ever think the iphone will be on verizon?
    09-24-09 07:28 AM
5,111 ... 145146147148149 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD