View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    I have the insurance on it, so I can just order another one if need be. But they were the ones that "applied it," so I would just need to get with them I guess.
    If the water damage is only to the battery, insurance would be a total waste - the batteries are nowhere close to the deductible amount. And, don't forget - you only get two warranty claims - after that, you're done.
    09-17-09 02:14 AM
    [QUOTE=TwinsX2Dad;3604504]Generally not - parts are usually not available through carriers. Call tech support to make sure, but you're generally stuck getting parts from outside sources or directly from RIM.

Is there a place on RIM's website to buy parts like a battery door?
    09-17-09 09:46 AM
    [QUOTE=jreacher;3608686]
    Generally not - parts are usually not available through carriers. Call tech support to make sure, but you're generally stuck getting parts from outside sources or directly from RIM.

Is there a place on RIM's website to buy parts like a battery door?
    Not on RIM's, but I did see Bestbuy is selling them weird thing is they sell them in Red or Blue? I always buy my parts from CNN.cn i've never had a problem with them. About to try a Colored bezel from Ebay.com we'll see how that works.
    09-17-09 12:27 PM
    Do any of the VZW reps know if there's some kind of discount for Keller Williams employees? I had heard something about that and was wondering what the details were.
    I checked EWI for you and Keller Williams gets an 8% discount on Plan and 25% off accessories. Just bring a paystub or employee ID to a corporate store and they can add it right there.
    09-17-09 12:32 PM
    If the water damage is only to the battery, insurance would be a total waste - the batteries are nowhere close to the deductible amount. And, don't forget - you only get two warranty claims - after that, you're done.
    most batteries not purchased online are 39.99.....
    09-17-09 12:40 PM
    I checked EWI for you and Keller Williams gets an 8% discount on Plan and 25% off accessories. Just bring a paystub or employee ID to a corporate store and they can add it right there.
    Thank you.
    09-17-09 12:45 PM
    I have a 4 line family plan. Do they no longer offer a discounted upgrade at one year for the main line? When I check the website it only shows new every 2.
    thanks in advance
    09-17-09 09:17 PM
    I have a 4 line family plan. Do they no longer offer a discounted upgrade at one year for the main line? When I check the website it only shows new every 2.
    thanks in advance
    Login to MyVerizon. Try upgrading the phone in question. The upgrade discounts should be automatically calculated & you will be able to see them.

You can cancel the order at anytime during the process.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 09:35 PM
    hey guys, thanks in advance for your help. I am having issues with being stuck on 1xev and getting no data service...normally i run on 1xEV no problem but its been intermittent lately. I have done reset, tried turning connection on and off, and resent service books & hrt. Any help please?
    09-17-09 11:35 PM
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alpineX View Post
    ok hello everyone i have a question i have been looking on line at the verizon site and seeing that i can use my phone as a modem but what i want to know is do i have to pay extra to use it i already pay the 30 dollars for the bb plane
    Yes you do. It costs $30 extra on top of that. Correct me if I am wrong, but with that plan, you only get about 5 gigs of use for the month.
    Ok

So the real answer to this is YES the $30 part depends really. A broadband wireless modem is 59.99/m for 5 gig of use so for the same price either 29.99 + 30.00 or 44.99 + 15.00 you can get the same ability as a broadband wireless modem.

One other things though is that IF you are a single line customer and you are going to use tethering you need to get on a voice+email plan... go to verizon wireless grab the BUSINESS book and find the plans you will get a discount off the 44.99 by rolling it into your calling plan and then you can get the +15.00 tethering option. It will save you anywhere from $5 to $15 depending on the amount of minutes.

ALSO if you have a discount because of your employeer you will get that voice discount from the voice+email plan NOT the data discount which is usually higher... either way this is awesome because the broadband wireless modems DO NOT get employee liable discounts.
    09-18-09 03:40 AM
    hey guys, thanks in advance for your help. I am having issues with being stuck on 1xev and getting no data service...normally i run on 1xEV no problem but its been intermittent lately. I have done reset, tried turning connection on and off, and resent service books & hrt. Any help please?
    OK so not sure if this will help you or not BUT

dial ##000000 hit send scroll down to sip password and enter vzw hit the menu key then select save. The phone will power cycle

before doing that though make sure you dial *22899 send and make sure you so the programming successful message because it is possible for the programming to FAIL and say unsuccessful and have it still actually work. also what model do you have because on my 2 blackberrys the indicator is 1XEV not 1xEV
    09-18-09 03:44 AM
    thanks in advance
    Someone else answered your questions but I dont think that was what you where trying to find out. They way the question above is asked it seems like you are trying to either find out one of the fallowing.

A) You may be asking if you can upgrade after only 1 yr... yes but ONLY lines priced over 49.99/m get that deal which means ONLY the primary line (the one billed the highest). Also it must be 12 completed months.

B) can you do a 1yr contract... probably not online but im not sure. So this isnt really an answer I guess. Also if it is showing you the ANNUAL upgrade then you still have a lot of your contract left so you dont have an option to do a 1yr. Also since it sounds like you are enrolled in NE2 then part of getting the NE2 discount is doing another 2yr... if you do a 1yr instead of the 2yr you loose the ne2 discount AND pay another $70 on top of the 2yr price. Being that an ETF is 175 and goes down $5 every month 1yr contracts are not a good value.

I would recommend that you stop into a corporate vzw store. Also I would NEVER recommend that you do 1yr contracts on main lines priced over 49.99 as you can upgrade every 12 months and if you are VIP you may even get an additional discount on top of that every 12 months which is AWESOME...

Oh also if for some reason you are eligible for the ANNUAL upgrade and you are seeing the 2yr contract price and are wondering if you get a discount off of that price... well then the answer is NO you are seeing the discounted price already. You only get more off if you are VIP which means even larger plan and certain other things to be eligible
    Last edited by givmedew; 09-18-09 at 04:01 AM.
    09-18-09 03:54 AM
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rogue21 View Post
    Don't know if this has been brought up within the past 243 pages, but here it is.

I just purchased the InvisibleSHIELD for my Storm, and after the mobile manager from Best Buy installed it ($8 mind you), I noticed on my battery that I had water damage. Has anyone had a problem with this? Can I replace the battery with no problems, or will the water damage indicator show up on there also?
    Water damage voids your warranty. VZW didn't do it & RIM didn't do it. Sorry, but you're not in the best of shape there & BestBuy has an "apply at your own risk" stand, last I heard.
    Hey... check the other indicators on the phone if they have not been changed then kindly and long windedly ask for a manager and explain the situation to them ask them to replace just the battery as you where told by the local vzw store that it could cause problems getting a warranty replacement if you ever had problems with your phone. If you are nice you can be very suprised at what you can get as long as you fully explain that they made an error that could really hurt you. For example I had a old laptop from best buy with a warranty right before the warranty was up I sent the laptop back in for service they laptop came back with a new motherboard and dvdrom they didnt put my memory back in so it came back with the factory amount of memory and th dvdrom had other issues and now my warranty was expired. She returned the laptop and allowed me to buy a the least expensive sony with the screen size as the main comparison as to same features meaning I got a brand new vaio with a fairly large screen to replace a 3 yr old laptop.

ASK THE REP FIRST... if the answer is no then KINDLY ask to speek with a manager DO NOT THREATEN OR DEMAND
    09-18-09 04:11 AM
    I have the insurance on it, so I can just order another one if need be. But they were the ones that "applied it," so I would just need to get with them I guess.
    I would just purchase a battery, most times your phones water indicator doesnt activate the same time as a battery unless your phone gets soaked.....if you do the insurance it will void your warrantee, and you want to try and avoid that...this might be possible if you just replace your battery and pretend like it never happened

EDIT: ^^^ provided they dont take care of you at best buy.
    09-18-09 01:37 PM
    Thanks for the links
    09-19-09 06:55 AM
    Does verizon match the price of other retailers on phones with a new contract? Is this something a manager can do?

09-19-09 07:47 AM
    Does verizon match the price of other retailers on phones with a new contract? Is this something a manager can do?

I do not believe they do.
    09-19-09 08:28 AM

Usually verizon corp prices are lower than other verizon retailers, wouldnt make sense that they would match other carriers pricing because its a totally different situation and phone usually.
    09-19-09 09:26 AM
    question : i have the 8330 with a 2 yr contract, and its up next october(another year to go), but im thinking about switching my plan and phone. how much is it go get out of that contract and get a new one? or is there a way to keep the contract but get a new plan? please help! thanks!
    09-19-09 10:06 AM
    Usually verizon corp prices are lower than other verizon retailers, wouldnt make sense that they would match other carriers pricing because its a totally different situation and phone usually.
    i meant a verizon phone sold at verizon and the same phone sold at best buy. usually best buys price is cheaper with no MIRs.
    09-19-09 10:15 AM
    i meant a verizon phone sold at verizon and the same phone sold at best buy. usually best buys price is cheaper with no MIRs.
    Most stores won't match Best Buy pricing. Best Buy sells their phones so cheap because you're entering into a secondary contract. Yes it's Verizon service, but they have their own terms which need to be read CAREFULLY. 99% of the time, it's not worth it.
    09-19-09 12:26 PM
    thanks for the answers guys.
    09-19-09 12:39 PM
    question : i have the 8330 with a 2 yr contract, and its up next october(another year to go), but im thinking about switching my plan and phone. how much is it go get out of that contract and get a new one? or is there a way to keep the contract but get a new plan? please help! thanks!
    Primary lines can get an annual upgrade (depends on price plan), secondaries are every 20 months. If you're not eligible you'd be paying full retail.
    09-19-09 12:52 PM
    Primary lines can get an annual upgrade (depends on price plan), secondaries are every 20 months. If you're not eligible you'd be paying full retail.
    its usually 175 or less to terminate(could be less due to the deteriorating ETF policy), retail is usually close to 500 for blackberries, so its up to you if you want to cancel and do it that way but FYI if you cancel like that you WILL lose your number, and verizon MAY at that time give you a deposit depending, not usually if you pay the ETF but I have seen that happen to those that cancel.
    09-19-09 04:34 PM
    its usually 175 or less to terminate(could be less due to the deteriorating ETF policy), retail is usually close to 500 for blackberries, so its up to you if you want to cancel and do it that way but FYI if you cancel like that you WILL lose your number, and verizon MAY at that time give you a deposit depending, not usually if you pay the ETF but I have seen that happen to those that cancel.
    Lines that have a voice or data plan at or above 49.99 get annual upgrade... features do not count towards the 49.99 so what that means if you have a 39.99 calling plan regardless of the additional features you will not be getting annual upgrade sorry but talk to somone over the phone and get the facts... and see if something can be worked out. Oh and if you are on a 39.99 calling plan then get unlimited messaging so that you can get annual upgrade since your calling plan will be 59.99!!! OR if you have the corporate BB plan ($44.99) get it rolled into you plan for 79.99w/ 450min or 99.99 for 450 and unlimited messaging!!! That will save you $5
    Last edited by givmedew; 09-20-09 at 01:42 AM.
    09-20-09 01:40 AM
5,111 ... 144145146147148 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD