View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    I swear I've been told by a salesguy at my local brick-and-mortar that I'm in the VIP program. I got the mailer...i thought I kept part of it, but now i can't find it.

So tonight I call to ask about my new every date and after ending a call a rep who didn't have a clue what VIP was i called back and got one who also didn't know what that was, but did at least put me on hold to find out.

She told me that i am not a VIP program customer, and that there was some enrollment that should have been done after i got the mailer.

If that's true, why did my local guy seem to think i was VIP as recently as a couple months ago?

Can one see their VIP status anywhere on My Verizon?
    The VIP program did not go away completely, at least, in retail stores. Its just not "actively" offered anymore. As in, if you don't mention it, neither will the company....
    09-15-09 08:20 PM
    The VIP program did not go away completely, at least, in retail stores. Its just not "actively" offered anymore. As in, if you don't mention it, neither will the company....
    OK, so should I go to my local brick-and-mortar and ask my usual salesguy if i'm still (or was ever) enrolled in the program?
    09-15-09 08:26 PM
    Couldn't find this anywhere else, so here it goes:

If everything goes as planned (big If), then this is what I'd like to do:
    Oct 3rd purchase 2 Tour's online under the BOGO. I have 2 accounts open, so no prob there. Should receive the 2 Tours around the 4th or 5th.

Then...

Oct 14th rolls around, Storm 2 is released. I decide to trade 1 Tour for 1 Storm 2 (pay the $35), then give it off to my pops (not on our family share plan).

2 Questions:
    1)Is this even possible?
    2)Would I be responsible for the difference of the original Tour ($149) and the Storm 2?
    09-15-09 09:21 PM
    OK, so should I go to my local brick-and-mortar and ask my usual salesguy if i'm still (or was ever) enrolled in the program?
    You are still enrolled, no one takes you off. Its just not proactively offered anymore. Just ask for it, and you'll get it.
    09-15-09 10:14 PM
    You are still enrolled, no one takes you off. Its just not proactively offered anymore. Just ask for it, and you'll get it.
    Thank you. I have only one last related question then: is it normal that a (phone)CSR would tell me i'm not enrolled?

I never call Customer Service, so i don't know what's normal and what's not.
    09-15-09 10:31 PM
    Not true - VIP enrollment is automatic & is not something that can be requested. Enrollment & disenrollment is once a year, based on payment history, total bill amount & length of continuous service with VZW.

$59/month voice plan & a couple late payments will disqualify you. I believe you need a $79.99+ voice plan before data, text, etc. charges before you will even get consideration.

Where is Weekendbum when I need him?
    09-15-09 10:47 PM
    Not true - VIP enrollment is automatic & is not something that can be requested. Enrollment & disenrollment is once a year, based on payment history, total bill amount & length of continuous service with VZW.

$59/month voice plan & a couple late payments will disqualify you. I believe you need a $79.99+ voice plan before data, text, etc. charges before you will even get consideration.

Where is Weekendbum when I need him?
    Yes, you are mostly right, about the price plan requirement anyway. $79.99+ gets you on VIP. Enrollment is once a year, in February.

I don't mean to offend because I know you're tyring to be helpful but other than the above, you failed to read into her situation more analytically.

She indicated she received a mailer about the VIP enrollment. Which means that since this is the first year VZW sent out mailers that had customer's VIP cards (what she is referring to), that would mean she is enrolled as of Feb 2009, and cannot possibly be unenrolled until Feb 2010. It is my understanding that accounts are only swept once a year

So yes, if you do miss payment or move down in plans, you lose the eligibilty. But if you got the mailer this year, you should be good until Feb 2010.
    09-15-09 11:03 PM
    As someone mentioned earlier, this is not true, at least, not in all areas. Here in my district (and area actually, So Cal), any orders done through telesales or internet must go through their proper channel to be returned. This is a directive coming from high, high above.
    Per the return policy, you are correct - however, VZW agreements also state that federal, state & local laws override their policies. Many states require you to accept returns purchased online through retail locations - hence the better-customer service companies, like Costco, FAO Schwartz & even crappy ones like BestBuy & Home Depot don't even bother & encourage returns in the store. Mobile carriers typically rate down with BestBuy & Home Depot.

Then there is the issue of "normal operating" procedures. I have been told by 611 customer service to take an online purchase back to the store. When i got to the store, the store confirmed notations on the account telling me to do this - once this happens, I win & VZW loses.

I find it interesting that AT&T does not restrict where merchandise can be returned (AT&T Return Policy), nor does Sprint (Sprint Return Policy) or T-Mobile (T-Mobile Return Policy).

Of course, if I upgraded a phone, didn't like it & had a store refuse to accept the return, there are other carriers out there.

There are many times where the arrogance of VZW does actually prove some of the naysayers correct.
    09-15-09 11:03 PM
    Yes, you are mostly right, about the price plan requirement anyway. $79.99+ gets you on VIP. Enrollment is once a year, in February.

I don't mean to offend because I know you're tyring to be helpful but other than the above, you failed to read into her situation more analytically.

She indicated she received a mailer about the VIP enrollment. Which means that since this is the first year VZW sent out mailers that had customer's VIP cards (what she is referring to), that would mean she is enrolled as of Feb 2009, and cannot possibly be unenrolled until Feb 2010. It is my understanding that accounts are only swept once a year

So yes, if you do miss payment or move down in plans, you lose the eligibilty. But if you got the mailer this year, you should be good until Feb 2010.
    I get the mailer every year sometime in December - yet I've been told the qualification start/end is February. Never does it tell me I have to do anything. The enrollment in the next year's program is automatic.
    09-15-09 11:06 PM
    I get the mailer every year sometime in December - yet I've been told the qualification start/end is February. Never does it tell me I have to do anything. The enrollment in the next year's program is automatic.
    Correct. This year though, customers in my region (if not in all, I'm not sure, my information is limited to the West Region, or So Cal in some instances) started receiving a "reminder" mailer, included with a VIP card, intended to increase awareness of the VIP program. Maybe it was done in your region before, but in So Cal this year, they were sent in early February.

And yes, nothing needs to be done, its automatic. However, as a way for the company to cut costs, the company (in So Cal anyway, but I assume nationwide) don't automatically populate VIP offers/discounts in our systems anymore. If a customer, such as yourself, mentions it, it is to be honored of course.
    Last edited by mexiken; 09-15-09 at 11:14 PM.
    09-15-09 11:11 PM
    QUESTION:

Not a verizon customer. We are Alltel customers that are about to be verizon customers.

If I purchase a verizone phone, off ebay or whatever, will verizon force me into a contract to just to activate it? Or willl they allow a month to month thing? Alltel did this for, just charged an activation fee.

I haven't been in a contact in 5 yrs. I'm probably screwed when the swap comes and I'm at their mercy....

Question:

A friend has a pay as you go Alltel phone. When the switch comes, he was told he'd have to go "buy" a Verizon phone to continue that service with them as they will not use an Alltel phone. (yes, we do realize the "payg" is too expensive with verizon and that a plan is better priced).

Thank you very much!
    John
    09-15-09 11:28 PM
    QUESTION:

Not a verizon customer. We are Alltel customers that are about to be verizon customers.

If I purchase a verizone phone, off ebay or whatever, will verizon force me into a contract to just to activate it? Or willl they allow a month to month thing? Alltel did this for, just charged an activation fee.

I haven't been in a contact in 5 yrs. I'm probably screwed when the swap comes and I'm at their mercy....

Question:

A friend has a pay as you go Alltel phone. When the switch comes, he was told he'd have to go "buy" a Verizon phone to continue that service with them as they will not use an Alltel phone. (yes, we do realize the "payg" is too expensive with verizon and that a plan is better priced).

Thank you very much!
    John
    I believe, and hopefully someone can help me out, that customers in the Alltell markets can do what you're saying, just nab a VZW phone and go month to month. I would have to double check to verify this is ok with current Alltell customers (I assume you want to keep your Alltell numbers, and thats why you're asking).

I will find out for you.

Update: Yes, this can be done. And I believe you will have to pay an activation fee. Just make sure you check that the phones are not on the ESN stolen list before you purchase phones.
    09-15-09 11:51 PM
    Do any of the VZW reps know if there's some kind of discount for Keller Williams employees? I had heard something about that and was wondering what the details were.
    09-16-09 01:20 AM
    We have family plan with Verizon with one BB and 2 other phones (Dare & ENVY). My question; if we wanted to upgrade the other phones to a BB, would we get any type of discount on the data plan for having two or three BBs on same plan?
    09-16-09 10:08 AM
    pjo - you can call CSR and find out.
    Pakbackr - you have to pay the same29.99 for data on those other phones as you would the 1st BB
    09-16-09 10:15 AM
    1. i know removing the white sticker voids the manufacturer warranty. will the phone's insurance still cover damage if it is removed?

2. my phone is not the primary line on our plan. am i eligible to upgrade yearly? if so, how much will the new phone be discounted?
    09-16-09 11:31 AM
    1. i know removing the white sticker voids the manufacturer warranty. will the phone's insurance still cover damage if it is removed?

2. my phone is not the primary line on our plan. am i eligible to upgrade yearly? if so, how much will the new phone be discounted?
    1. Yes, if the phone is damaged it is covered.

2. You are not able to upgrade every year. You can check on MyVerizon
    09-16-09 11:36 AM
    Mr. Verizon guy:

Can I buy a new Tour door from VZW?

jr
    09-16-09 06:01 PM
    If I'm giving someone a BlackBerry Storm to replace their LG Chocolate do they have to get a data plan? Or could their existing plan of talk and text work?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 07:18 PM
    Mr. Verizon guy:

Can I buy a new Tour door from VZW?

jr
    Generally not - parts are usually not available through carriers. Call tech support to make sure, but you're generally stuck getting parts from outside sources or directly from RIM.
    If I'm giving someone a BlackBerry Storm to replace their LG Chocolate do they have to get a data plan? Or could their existing plan of talk and text work?
    All major carriers require full data plans for any BlackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 07:56 PM
    Don't know if this has been brought up within the past 243 pages, but here it is.

I just purchased the InvisibleSHIELD for my Storm, and after the mobile manager from Best Buy installed it ($8 mind you), I noticed on my battery that I had water damage. Has anyone had a problem with this? Can I replace the battery with no problems, or will the water damage indicator show up on there also?
    09-17-09 12:11 AM
    ok hello everyone i have a question i have been looking on line at the verizon site and seeing that i can use my phone as a modem but what i want to know is do i have to pay extra to use it i already pay the 30 dollars for the bb plane
    09-17-09 01:27 AM
    Don't know if this has been brought up within the past 243 pages, but here it is.

I just purchased the InvisibleSHIELD for my Storm, and after the mobile manager from Best Buy installed it ($8 mind you), I noticed on my battery that I had water damage. Has anyone had a problem with this? Can I replace the battery with no problems, or will the water damage indicator show up on there also?
    Water damage voids your warranty. VZW didn't do it & RIM didn't do it. Sorry, but you're not in the best of shape there & BestBuy has an "apply at your own risk" stand, last I heard.

ok hello everyone i have a question i have been looking on line at the verizon site and seeing that i can use my phone as a modem but what i want to know is do i have to pay extra to use it i already pay the 30 dollars for the bb plane
    Tethering is extra. $30/month in your case. AT&T, Sprint & T-mobile all require tethering packages, too.
    09-17-09 01:45 AM
    Yes you do. It costs $30 extra on top of that. Correct me if I am wrong, but with that plan, you only get about 5 gigs of use for the month.
    09-17-09 01:47 AM
    Water damage voids your warranty. VZW didn't do it & RIM didn't do it. Sorry, but you're not in the best of shape there & BestBuy has an "apply at your own risk" stand, last I heard.

I have the insurance on it, so I can just order another one if need be. But they were the ones that "applied it," so I would just need to get with them I guess.
    09-17-09 01:50 AM
5,111 ... 143144145146147 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD