View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    ok..cleaned the cache? and did a battery pull...i havent added any extra programs except facebook and weatherbug and i had both of those on my other phone and had no problems....how do i delete things i dont use? also...what is documents to go? that wasn't on my other phone but is on this one..do i need it?
    Okay - while in your browser, press the BlackBerry key, select Options, then Browser Configuration. Check all the boxes except Javascript Popup - that one is optional, but leave it unchecked for now.

Now do the same thing from an email screen. Options, Email Settings. Enable HTML Email & Download Images should be checked. The rest are optional

You should be able to view HTML email now - if not, do another battery pull (sorry, but the BlackBerry OS is crap to force this) & try again.

I would strongly recommend geting rid of that Facebook app - it is very problematic - if you really want to run Facebook, you'll need an Android, Palm, WM or Apple phone - at least a more powerful BlackBerry. Facebook chokes Curves & they have upwards of 50% more memory. You're trying to make a limited BlackBerry run something intended for full smartphones.

I would venture that the majority of your issues are Facebook & memory related & not phone related. Consider some of the automatic settings to delete old texts & emails in the Cache Operations settings.

And - you'll get equal or better info here than you will in the Pearl forums.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-09 05:30 PM
    That's odd the mem leak on the pearl is usually a 4.3 OS issue. Usually resolved by getting the 4.5.0.77 or higher.
    The pearl certainly doesnt have as much mem avail as say the curve, storm, or tour so apps should be minimal as my fellows state.

I honestly would do an advanced backup of your contacts and maybe calender if you need or want it. Wipe the handheld including all 3rd party apps and then go from there.

Twins; the facebook app is stupid I agree but for some reason its ota pushed to the vzw phones. I've tried to delete the app, and the service book but it just comes back after a while or when I have to do a HRT register.
    Kindof like the push they did with app world and some vzw apps in the tour and storm. I'm sure she could delete docs to go. I mean if she never heard of it then she wont use it. sides you can still view like pdfs without it. I think it would be just for word docs and excel if she got em as attachments.
    I keep it on my phone just for the sake of it.

To the OP on this issue; I would check the OS again; if it is 4.5.0.77 then go to vzam.net and get the 4.5.0.138 upgrade. Instructions are there and it seems like you already have the Desktop software so you are 90% there already. Contact tech if you are unsure of yourself of the instructions; we're more than happy to help out with this.
    09-13-09 07:58 AM
    the facebook app is stupid I agree but for some reason its ota pushed to the vzw phones. I've tried to delete the app, and the service book but it just comes back after a while or when I have to do a HRT register.
    Kindof like the push they did with app world and some vzw apps in the tour and storm.
    The Facebook app is not pushed to any phone. A link to install the app is pushed out which cannot be deleted, only hidden. This is the same for a couple other applications.
    09-13-09 10:24 AM
    its still stupid to even be there. Thats what app world is for.
    09-13-09 11:08 AM
    Hello ALL. I've been through 6 Storms since 1-2009 and was offered a Tour (to be picked up @ the store). SO my question is if I pick up the Tour do I still get the 30 days to return it, if I don't like it for the Storm 2, providing it comes out Oct. 14th??? I am trying to plan this out. Anyone with answers would be great. Thanks
    09-13-09 08:29 PM
    I have a family share plan that I've been on for almost two years. I want to add another line (total of four) and make the new number and line the "Primary Line." Can I do this? I have heard that I can switch which line is primary but will lose any NE2 that is upcoming on the current primary line. I am not concerned about that as my phone on that line is fine and I really don't need to upgrade it.

The reason for changing the primary is to allow me to get unlimited data (meaning Txt/Pic meesages and mobile web) since the primary can be a "connect" plan line and the secondary lines can remain on the "select" plan (no data is used at all on these lines.) My current primary line has my BB on it but I'm going to get rid of the BB to save some cash and go with a Samsung Rogue as primary with the new number and add the "connect" plan.

I was told to request the switch via Tele-Sales rather than in store because, and I quote the CS rep..."they will screw it up in the store." I had planned to do it online as the prices are cheaper and include an instant rebate rather than a mail-in rebate and higher up front costs.

Thanks for the info...
    Last edited by bubbarob1978; 09-13-09 at 09:40 PM. Reason: to better explain my question
    09-13-09 09:29 PM
    Sometime after today.

What OS are you running? How much free memory do you have? What apps are you running? What did your phone do to be replaced 5 times?

We might be able to help if you were to provide specifics & not just list typical Pearl issues.

no **** smartass
    09-14-09 12:42 AM
    no **** smartass
    I figured you heard - Storm 2 will NOT be coming to VZW, it is coming to AT&T as an exclusive.

Which of you forgot to include this guy in the memo? I told you to get the memo to every dipstick registered here! Whomever is responsible, you're FIRED! Got it? You're so gone!

09-14-09 01:19 AM
    Funny cuz I was just reading a thread that said "This might be a stupid question" And then i read "When is the Storm 2 coming out?"
    No one knows... A lot of people are talking about it on the forums in the STORM 2 FORUM. Even then its almost all speculation.
    Last edited by blue_and_bold; 09-14-09 at 08:00 AM. Reason: gettin rid of profanities so i can keep it g rated! mothaf******
    09-14-09 07:59 AM
    Even then its almost all speculation.
    Leave out the "almost" and you have it.

Now, was it you who dropped the ball on the memo?

09-14-09 08:53 AM
    I have a family share plan that I've been on for almost two years. I want to add another line (total of four) and make the new number and line the "Primary Line." Can I do this? I have heard that I can switch which line is primary but will lose any NE2 that is upcoming on the current primary line. I am not concerned about that as my phone on that line is fine and I really don't need to upgrade it.

The reason for changing the primary is to allow me to get unlimited data (meaning Txt/Pic meesages and mobile web) since the primary can be a "connect" plan line and the secondary lines can remain on the "select" plan (no data is used at all on these lines.) My current primary line has my BB on it but I'm going to get rid of the BB to save some cash and go with a Samsung Rogue as primary with the new number and add the "connect" plan.

I was told to request the switch via Tele-Sales rather than in store because, and I quote the CS rep..."they will screw it up in the store." I had planned to do it online as the prices are cheaper and include an instant rebate rather than a mail-in rebate and higher up front costs.

Thanks for the info...
    Depends on how stupid your local sales reps are, if theres a store you feel comfy doing it then do so, it is way easier to talk to someone, avoid places like wal-mart and best buy tho, as they are not trained in terms of VZW, and yes you can do that and yes you will lose the NE2.
    09-14-09 10:02 AM
    Hello ALL. I've been through 6 Storms since 1-2009 and was offered a Tour (to be picked up @ the store). SO my question is if I pick up the Tour do I still get the 30 days to return it, if I don't like it for the Storm 2, providing it comes out Oct. 14th??? I am trying to plan this out. Anyone with answers would be great. Thanks
    how have you been through 6? the general policy is a choice of a different model after 3?????

Anyway yes, because when they do the "Multi-Fru" it is considered a upgrade so normal upgrade rules apply
    09-14-09 10:04 AM
    I figured you heard - Storm 2 will NOT be coming to VZW, it is coming to AT&T as an exclusive.

Which of you forgot to include this guy in the memo? I told you to get the memo to every dipstick registered here! Whomever is responsible, you're FIRED! Got it? You're so gone!

where did u hear that from...i just got done talkin to a VZW rep over the phone and he said early october is the date for the storm 2...no specific date though
    09-14-09 05:46 PM
    where did u hear that from...i just got done talkin to a VZW rep over the phone and he said early october is the date for the storm 2...no specific date though
    Apparently you don't know Twins sarcasm
    09-14-09 05:49 PM
    okay reps i got one for you. i own a vzw blackberry storm, however im on sprints network. i am thinking about switching to verizon and getting my storm cut on. if i did this would i lose my opportunity to get a discounted phone like when i first sign up?
    09-14-09 06:49 PM
    Apparently you don't know Twins sarcasm
    Exactly - we all know those VZW reps will say anything to get people off the phone.

Especially those nuts enough to put so much faith into the Storm 2.

Remember - I will respond to you in a way commensurate with your attitude, apparent level of comprehension & manners.

09-14-09 06:57 PM
    Yes it will Mystery. If you don't buy a phone immediately on activation you lose the ability to.

09-14-09 09:52 PM
    This is probably an easy one.....

A friend of mine bought a VZW Motorola Rival on 9/11/09 thru the website, and doesn't like it! Would she be able to exchange it under the 30day guarantee at a local VZW store or would she have to send it back to internet sales exclusively?
    09-15-09 01:39 AM

A friend of mine bought a VZW Motorola Rival on 9/11/09 thru the website, and doesn't like it! Would she be able to exchange it under the 30day guarantee at a local VZW store or would she have to send it back to internet sales exclusively?
    She can return it either place.

09-15-09 08:24 AM
    I have moved on with my career and can no longer answer Verizon Wireless questions.

I have decided to start a thread in which you can ask all your questions/inquiries/concerns within this very thread.

We will attempt to answer as best and as fast as possible.

Disclaimer: All opinions and postings are my own thoughts and opinions and in no way reflect the policies, terms and conditions, or should be taken as an agreement or binding contract between you and Verizon Wireless. I am not in any way resposible or liable for any information or opinions I may give you.

Due to conflicting information, if you are going to provide any information, please back it up with LINKS/SOURCES!!!
    I will attempt to pick up where he left off, and there are others here that can answer also, I'm bitten by the crack bug, so ask away
    09-15-09 08:56 AM
    okay reps i got one for you. i own a vzw blackberry storm, however im on sprints network. i am thinking about switching to verizon and getting my storm cut on. if i did this would i lose my opportunity to get a discounted phone like when i first sign up?
    thats iffy, sometimes you can get a little special treatment down the road, but to be safe i would wait to switch till you see a VZW phone you want like s2 or w/e
    09-15-09 09:13 AM

if she bought it online actually she usually has to send it back to online department, i have had many people get sent away from corp stores trying to return online equip, stupid i know...but true, all else fails call whatever store first, if they say they can then get it done, shipping stuff sux
    09-15-09 09:15 AM
    I swear I've been told by a salesguy at my local brick-and-mortar that I'm in the VIP program. I got the mailer...i thought I kept part of it, but now i can't find it.

So tonight I call to ask about my new every date and after ending a call a rep who didn't have a clue what VIP was i called back and got one who also didn't know what that was, but did at least put me on hold to find out.

She told me that i am not a VIP program customer, and that there was some enrollment that should have been done after i got the mailer.

If that's true, why did my local guy seem to think i was VIP as recently as a couple months ago?

Can one see their VIP status anywhere on My Verizon?
    09-15-09 06:44 PM
    She can return it either place.

As someone mentioned earlier, this is not true, at least, not in all areas. Here in my district (and area actually, So Cal), any orders done through telesales or internet must go through their proper channel to be returned. This is a directive coming from high, high above.
    09-15-09 07:13 PM
    I will attempt to pick up where he left off, and there are others here that can answer also, I'm bitten by the crack bug, so ask away
    Im confused. Does he have a Storm already ???? Is the potential customer trying to bring in their own equipment ????
    09-15-09 07:15 PM
5,111 ... 142143144145146 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD