View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    You will have to go though insurance. They open 24-7 for claims or at Welcome To Asurion's Online Resource Center If you have a spare device VZW can activate it for you till the storm comes in.

Good luck
    Some store will replace it and some won't. Another factor .. you will need a battery. At the store, you will have to buy one in addition to paying $50 for the phone. If you file a claim w/ Asurion, the battery will be included.

You can activate your spare phone on verizonwireless.com
    09-10-09 10:51 PM
    ok i have a question about mobile broadband cards. what are my options for service see 5gb plans but which one the 59.99$ or the 49.99$ i have a blackberry storm also.. any ideas?
    09-11-09 08:22 AM
    ok i have a question about mobile broadband cards. what are my options for service see 5gb plans but which one the 59.99$ or the 49.99$ i have a blackberry storm also.. any ideas?

You could add the tether onto your current BB for a total of 59.99 a month... That seems like the only logical thing I can think of just because then you have the same service but are paying half of what it would normally be.
    09-11-09 08:36 AM
    You could add the tether onto your current BB for a total of 59.99 a month... That seems like the only logical thing I can think of just because then you have the same service but are paying half of what it would normally be.
    this is true, of course unless you want to not mess with having to plug it in, and or want to have internet on your laptop when your elsewhere with your BB, but tether is definitely the cheapest, it adds a small charge on top of what u pay for your BB service so for 29.99 the service is 30 for 44.99 it is 15.00 by itself it is 59.99 or 39.99 but the 39.99 only gives 200mb...ouch
    09-11-09 10:01 AM
    this is true, of course unless you want to not mess with having to plug it in, and or want to have internet on your laptop when your elsewhere with your BB, but tether is definitely the cheapest, it adds a small charge on top of what u pay for your BB service so for 29.99 the service is 30 for 44.99 it is 15.00 by itself it is 59.99 or 39.99 but the 39.99 only gives 200mb...ouch
    TOTALLY OUCH I've seen many a people go above and beyond and its rough stuff trying to count kb's lol
    09-11-09 10:04 AM
    There is a 59.99 which is for 5gb
    and there is a 39.99 for 250 MB
    09-11-09 11:39 AM
    You can also get a data only BB for 49.99 a month.
    09-11-09 12:13 PM
    I was looking at getting an HTC Touch Pro2 on my annual upgrade for two-year pricing and couldn't pull it up when I went through the online process to order a new phone. I could get a Tour, but I'm not sure I still need a BlackBerry as much as I used to. My brother has a Touch Pro2 and loves it, not to mention I'd like to broaden my horizons with a WinMo phone.

But I digress. After not finding the phone I wanted through the upgrade process (though it's available to purchase with new service online), I called *611 to talk to a rep about upgrading to the HTC. She said that the annual upgrade is an online-only deal and that if I purchased the phone from her, it would cost $507 and some change after tax. I explained that I would be purchasing the phone online for $199 with a 2-year renewal if only their website would display it, to which she simply replied that she can't help. I asked to speak with her supervisor and she replied that he was in a meeting and would contact me within 24 hours.

Am I wrong to think that if for whatever reason I can't get the device through their website that they should honor it just to take care of it?

I'm somewhat annoyed that she didn't grasp the concept that I would've already purchased the friggin' phone online, had it been an available option.
    09-11-09 09:29 PM
    I was looking at getting an HTC Touch Pro2 on my annual upgrade for two-year pricing and couldn't pull it up when I went through the online process to order a new phone. I could get a Tour, but I'm not sure I still need a BlackBerry as much as I used to. My brother has a Touch Pro2 and loves it, not to mention I'd like to broaden my horizons with a WinMo phone.

But I digress. After not finding the phone I wanted through the upgrade process (though it's available to purchase with new service online), I called *611 to talk to a rep about upgrading to the HTC. She said that the annual upgrade is an online-only deal and that if I purchased the phone from her, it would cost $507 and some change after tax. I explained that I would be purchasing the phone online for $199 with a 2-year renewal if only their website would display it, to which she simply replied that she can't help. I asked to speak with her supervisor and she replied that he was in a meeting and would contact me within 24 hours.

Am I wrong to think that if for whatever reason I can't get the device through their website that they should honor it just to take care of it?

I'm somewhat annoyed that she didn't grasp the concept that I would've already purchased the friggin' phone online, had it been an available option.
    I just checked & it was available to me for $199.

It is a much more powerful device than any BlackBerry. Personally, I'd wait a month for WM6.5, though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 09:36 PM
    i am yhnkin of gettin the storm is that a good phone or should i keep looking 4 a different blackberry
    09-11-09 09:42 PM
    i am yhnkin of gettin the storm is that a good phone or should i keep looking 4 a different blackberry
    I can think of dozens of phones far better than Storm - why don't you share with us what you need a phone to do, then we can direct you.

09-11-09 09:55 PM
    when is the bb storm 2 coming out
    09-11-09 10:26 PM
    I love my BB pearl 8130...but I am on like my 6th one in 2 years....only one replacement was my fault. Seems to do fine for a while then just craters for some reason or other....has not done the same thing twice. I just got #6....and got everything changed over but the pics on my emails are not coming in....they show up as a kind of broken link.....can't figure out how to change it nor was there much help on the VZW website.....everything was fine on the last one that cratered....something changed when I transferred everything....can you help?
    09-11-09 10:41 PM
    when is the bb storm 2 coming out
    Sometime after today.
    I love my BB pearl 8130...but I am on like my 6th one in 2 years....only one replacement was my fault. Seems to do fine for a while then just craters for some reason or other....has not done the same thing twice. I just got #6....and got everything changed over but the pics on my emails are not coming in....they show up as a kind of broken link.....can't figure out how to change it nor was there much help on the VZW website.....everything was fine on the last one that cratered....something changed when I transferred everything....can you help?
    What OS are you running? How much free memory do you have? What apps are you running? What did your phone do to be replaced 5 times?

We might be able to help if you were to provide specifics & not just list typical Pearl issues.

09-11-09 10:46 PM
    os looks lik 4.5....does that sound right? not sure about the free memory and haven't added anything extra to it other than facebook....this time, the radio would not stay on....previously it went swimming without protection....and the other times i really dont remember.....replaced it 3 times the first 2 months i had it........everything was working fine other than the radio on the last one....something changed when i transferred everything over.....
    09-11-09 11:12 PM
    os looks lik 4.5....does that sound right? not sure about the free memory and haven't added anything extra to it other than facebook....this time, the radio would not stay on....previously it went swimming without protection....and the other times i really dont remember.....replaced it 3 times the first 2 months i had it........everything was working fine other than the radio on the last one....something changed when i transferred everything over.....
    You're on the right track with 4.5 - no HTML email without it.

Free memory is available by going to Options, Status. Look at the File Free figure. Pearls have minimal memory & if you don't have enough, your phone won't work properly or at all. Even if you don't add extra apps, things like browser cache, emails & texts can eat away at it.

Facebook is notorious for causing issues on BlackBerrys. They've made some improvements, but it is still problematic.

After you've looked at the free memory, we can look at your settings.

09-11-09 11:30 PM
    If you have had it that long your probably eligible for an upgrade? thats where i would go, grab a tour or flip, sometimes the refurb bug bites and when it does sometimes its time to walk away lol
    09-12-09 08:32 AM
    Im a retailer and i got a question, I just used my NE2 and I just inquired about getting my own retail line and they say i gotta pay the ETF, WTF? Ive had verizon for 8 years and now that i work for them I gotta pay work for them? WTF?
    09-12-09 09:44 AM
    Im a retailer and i got a question, I just used my NE2 and I just inquired about getting my own retail line and they say i gotta pay the ETF, WTF? Ive had verizon for 8 years and now that i work for them I gotta pay work for them? WTF?
    you mean the ETF to go on the employee plan? more details plz
    09-12-09 09:50 AM
    ok...wow....i never really paid attention to this before....it is at 0...so now what do i do?
    09-12-09 10:51 AM
    ok...wow....i never really paid attention to this before....it is at 0...so now what do i do?
    delete applications you dont use, do a battery pull, also might be bleeding memory depending on the OS
    09-12-09 11:47 AM
    ok..cleaned the cache? and did a battery pull...i havent added any extra programs except facebook and weatherbug and i had both of those on my other phone and had no problems....how do i delete things i dont use? also...what is documents to go? that wasn't on my other phone but is on this one..do i need it?
    09-12-09 12:03 PM
    ok..cleaned the cache? and did a battery pull...i havent added any extra programs except facebook and weatherbug and i had both of those on my other phone and had no problems....how do i delete things i dont use? also...what is documents to go? that wasn't on my other phone but is on this one..do i need it?
    if you go into your options there is an applications folder it will show you any applications installed on your phone, also themes take lots of memory really shouldnt have more than one or two at a time. Not a pearl expert but i am sure that it is to help you manage word, pdf and excell documents

EDIT: also i think this is a phone issue and as such you should probably go to http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/ and get the pearl people to help, since someone there may know a little more about your issue, maybe have expirienced it?
    Last edited by Xanadul; 09-12-09 at 12:39 PM.
    09-12-09 12:35 PM
    hi, i called global support today and told them i was going to italy in about a month and they got my sim card number and supposedly activated it, how will i know if my phone is unlocked or not? she wanted to change my plan and i did not want to change it... i was told to 228 and 2 so it would pick it up... i did a quick pull and am wondering if my phone is unlocked or not.... thanks a lot!
    09-12-09 04:51 PM
    ok i found out how to tell and my network still says active.... what do i need to tell them so they will unlock this phone...
    09-12-09 04:59 PM
5,111 ... 141142143144145 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD