View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Sucks to be a VIP I guess....
    09-08-09 12:07 PM
    VIP for verizon is kind of a gimmick, like they send out literature that makes you feel all fuzzy that your a VIP and are getting $100 off your phone for a 2 year upgrade on a primary line.....but its just the NE2 credit,
    This isn't exactly true.. the VIP credit on the price of the phone can be used when you do an early upgrade and don't quality for a ne2 discount.
    09-08-09 06:01 PM
    The keys stick when I try to call it will only display 4,5,6 no matter what # I press. When I check messages it will only open an old message cannot get the current messages to open. I have pulled the battery does not help.
    09-09-09 09:51 AM
    If your phone is under the 1 yr manufacturers warranty(I see you have a storm) you can call and get that bad boy replaced with a Certified like new replacement.
    09-09-09 10:01 AM
    I just threw my BB boxes away who do I contact to get my phone replaced. It is only 4 mos old.
    09-09-09 10:33 AM
    1800-922-0204. VZW tech support, let them know what its doing in the mean time, soft reset(battery pull) the device and if you can backup and hard reset(wipe handheld) the device to make sure its a phone issue and not just an Operating system issue.
    09-09-09 10:44 AM
    So I haven't had my curve for too long, and this little issue has been bugging me for a while, I just don't know if it is worth going into the verizon store. There is big dust invasion underneath my screen, and it is only getting worse. And I do have insurance.
    Is there anyway I could get my phone replaced without paying a deductible?
    09-09-09 11:44 AM
    As long as no water/physical damage its covered by warranty do what I stated above.
    09-09-09 12:31 PM
    took it to the VZ store they gave me a new one. Happy VZ customer
    09-09-09 01:03 PM
    Thanks for your help!
    I called and my replacement should be here on friday, and it was hassle free.
    09-09-09 06:25 PM
    I dropped my beloved Storm in the toilet tonight. If I go to the store in the morning and tell them, will they replace it there? I don't care if I have to pay. Or am I better off going through insurance tonight?
    I really am hoping you'll say it can be replaced at the store because I need a new phone asap :-(
    09-09-09 08:30 PM
    I dropped my beloved Storm in the toilet tonight. If I go to the store in the morning and tell them, will they replace it there? I don't care if I have to pay. Or am I better off going through insurance tonight?
    I really am hoping you'll say it can be replaced at the store because I need a new phone asap :-(
    You will have to go though insurance. They open 24-7 for claims or at Welcome To Asurion's Online Resource Center If you have a spare device VZW can activate it for you till the storm comes in.

Good luck
    09-09-09 08:37 PM
    Why am I still not getting emails on my storm? I get gmail but not from my school, can't even change password to validate the account.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 09:06 AM
    Why am I still not getting emails on my storm? I get gmail but not from my school, can't even change password to validate the account.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm thinking its because you have the 29.99 and need the 44.99, MOST school emails require the BIS activation email protocol because they are "secure" and require a lot more authentication, do you know what package your on? I would also note that not alll school emails are like this, but if its set up and your having difficulty this might be why.
    09-10-09 09:39 AM
    This isn't exactly true.. the VIP credit on the price of the phone can be used when you do an early upgrade and don't quality for a ne2 discount.

I really should stop being such a troll on this thread but not yet! This is true, but they do that for non VIP too as long as its the primary line or is a single line 59.99+ almost every time the early upgrade is discussed so really the VIP is a warm fuzzy
    09-10-09 09:51 AM
    I'm thinking its because you have the 29.99 and need the 44.99, school emails require the BIS activation email protocol because they are "secure" and require a lot more authentication, do you know what package your on? I would also note that not alll school emails are like this, but if its set up and your having difficulty this might be why.
    Why would they need the 44.99? Because they are "secure" and need more authentication? I just set up a nyc.edu email account with no problems for the 29.99 user.
    09-10-09 09:58 AM
    Why would they need the 44.99? Because they are "secure" and need more authentication? I just set up a nyc.edu email account with no problems for the 29.99 user.
    Like i said some of them work fine on the normal one, but some of them are corporate and need their tech people to set it up for some reason, I'm going to look deeper now as to why exactly, but there has been some that just wont work on the normal subscription

EDIT: and what the **** is blue and bold anyway? lol <<<noob
    09-10-09 10:02 AM
    Like i said some of them work fine on the normal one, but some of them are corporate and need their tech people to set it up for some reason, I'm going to look deeper now as to why exactly, but there has been some that just wont work on the normal subscription

EDIT: and what the **** is blue and bold anyway? lol <<<noob
    Yeah you are wrong. What school would run a corporate enterprise server for students? Go ahead and look as deep as you can you might have to pull your head out prior though...

Blue_and_Bold> A band called The Ghost Inside has a song called Blue and Gold... At the time I created this handle I had a bold and it rhymed...

WTF is Xanadul????
    09-10-09 10:51 AM
    Yeah you are wrong. What school would run a corporate enterprise server for students? Go ahead and look as deep as you can you might have to pull your head out prior though...

Blue_and_Bold> A band called The Ghost Inside has a song called Blue and Gold... At the time I created this handle I had a bold and it rhymed...

WTF is Xanadul????
    Its not for students its for teachers and several do, even all three in my very small town, as do many local universities, dont get all heated about the name thing, I've heard blue and bold a lot on crackberry and was just curious...chill out, its a cool name.

Mine has been the same handle for about 15+ years it came about while talking about the song xanadu by rush, i had miss typed and put an L at the end and my friend was like "that would be a neat handle" it stuck ever since.....though many people commonly associate it with Samuel Taylor Coleridge's poem Kubla Khan
    09-10-09 11:04 AM
    I have a Curve 8330 and I just talked with a VZW Rep who said this model will not be getting OS 5.0. It will only be the 87XX and above. The Tour was not available yet so I took the 8330. I am over the 30 day thing so she could not approve exchanging the 8330 for the Tour. I went by the website and it wasn't clear as to what day I purchased the 8330. What a shame. My whole family and I spend a fortune (5 lines, etc.) for VZW services each month and yet nothing they could do. Any other suggestions? Thanks.
    09-10-09 11:26 AM
    I have a Curve 8330 and I just talked with a VZW Rep who said this model will not be getting OS 5.0. It will only be the 87XX and above. The Tour was not available yet so I took the 8330. I am over the 30 day thing so she could not approve exchanging the 8330 for the Tour. I went by the website and it wasn't clear as to what day I purchased the 8330. What a shame. My whole family and I spend a fortune (5 lines, etc.) for VZW services each month and yet nothing they could do. Any other suggestions? Thanks.
    how long after the 30 days is it?
    09-10-09 11:27 AM
    I think she said it was mid-July, I think. I looked on the VZW site but it wasn't real clear.
    09-10-09 11:30 AM
    well at that point I would recommend trying to buy something off of ebay etc and trying to sell the curve, because at this point your kinda way over the 30 days, the reason I asked was becase one time i got away with a week over the 30 days but it was really hard, might want to see if any of these guys are going to go to the S2 and might have a tour or S1 to hook you up with
    09-10-09 11:33 AM
    It looks like my only option. Had I known then what I know now. Took real good care of this BB. Had it in a Seidio 8330 case since I got it. Thanks for the advice.
    09-10-09 11:36 AM
    though many people commonly associate it with Samuel Taylor Coleridge's poem Kubla Khan
    Thats where I recognized it...
    No prob I think we just got our wires crossed cuz I was thinking for students but can't recall if that question was for student or teach...
    09-10-09 11:42 AM
5,111 ... 140141142143144 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD