View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    One of my phones is an 8330. When I try to access the Verizon BIS web account to change email configuration, I get a message stating that I cannot access this site from a PC but instead need to use my device.

Why can I not access the Verizon BIS web account from a PC? I'm able to do this with my AT&T Bold VIS account but not with Verizon.

Thanks.
    Usually this means that when this was first set up it was done from the device. You will need to contact VZW tech support and have them convert the account to a user name and password.
    09-07-09 09:29 AM
    Pardon me if this is a dumb question, but why isn't the BB able to make friends with Backup Assistant?
    who needs backup assistant with the desktop manager....shouldnt you have it all backed up anyway?
    09-07-09 09:59 AM
    They probably mean they came from a dummie phone like an EnV and want to move their info over happens all the time
    09-07-09 10:05 AM
    Yes, but that doesnt work if you are going from a dumbphone to a blackberry. I think with the more people switching it isnt that crazy of an idea for them to start loading it up on berries
    09-07-09 10:06 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've just got my new Blackberry Storm and I'm super excited to try it out, but for some reason I can't figure out how to transfer over my contacts from my old phone. I had an LG Voyager and I was using the Backup Assistant, but I can't seem to be able to use that on my Storm, also I have tried using the Bluetooth to connect them, but the Storm just plain doesn't receive anything from the Voyager. I also had them try to do it at the VZW store, but for some reason my OLD Voyager just wouldn't cooperate...

If you can access the internet on your Env, try google sync and thensync your bb to that, not sure, but itight work
    09-07-09 10:59 AM
    =sorlipm;3533474If you can access the internet on your Env, try google sync and thensync your bb to that, not sure, but itight work
    This would not work at all at this point as the OP would have to first activate the old phone to get a connection.
    09-07-09 11:03 AM
    who needs backup assistant with the desktop manager....shouldnt you have it all backed up anyway?
    How did all your contacts get to the BB desktop manager if you couldn't transfer them to your BB in the first place?
    09-07-09 11:48 AM
    Pardon me if this is a dumb question, but why isn't the BB able to make friends with Backup Assistant?
    It isn't a dumb question - the Backup Assistant software was designed for non-smartphones as a way to backup contact information, since it is difficult to do on those. To make it compatible with smartphones, the software would have to be ported to work with each platform - in the case of BlackBerry, you'd need at least two ports - one for BlackBerry 4.5 & below and another for 4.6 & above. Possibly a third for touchscreen. Each has a slightly different file structure & holds the contact information in a different file tree location.

They could do it, but smartphones have a simple backup path already.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 12:48 PM
    Thanks to B&B and Lastraid:

1. It won't let me set up the account because it says the device must be used

2. I thought you could always use the web access, however, once you used the web BIS account you could not use the device which is the opposite of what you're saying.

Thanks.
    09-07-09 02:13 PM
    This post is in reference to one I saw up around page 100 about having 2 phone numbers on one phone.

From 2000-2002 Cingular offered the ability to pay 9.95 a month and have another number ring your phone. I know this because I was from Charlotte and had that area code as my primary number and went to college in Raleigh and was able to get a second number to ring the phone. I could also pick which number my outgoing calls went out of. At that time I was using the original Nokia brick type phone. Anyways it was possible in the past I'm not sure what they do now, but you could always use a Google Voice account which is free (Grandcentral in the past). Just a thought.
    09-07-09 02:36 PM
    Also so I don't have to sort through endless amount of information...are Blackberry plans required on Verizon. I'm switching to Verizon along with a friend and my friend was told they can have it a month then cancel it off, however I was told by a rep in the store, over the phone, online assistance, and via email this is impossible. What's the skinny on this folks. I apologize if this has been asked to death but I know company's change policies all the time like T-mobile went from no data required to data required.
    09-07-09 02:38 PM
    Read Carefully...
    Every Blackberry On Verizon Has A Data Plan There Is No Way To Cancel It Or Anything Like That Every Blackberry Has To Have A Data Plan.

AT&T now enforces this rule, and no doubt TMOBILE will soon.
    09-07-09 02:43 PM
    I had a representative tell me that VIP's still get charged a restocking fee. Is this true?
    09-07-09 11:09 PM
    Probably true...
    09-08-09 09:26 AM
    Also so I don't have to sort through endless amount of information...are Blackberry plans required on Verizon. I'm switching to Verizon along with a friend and my friend was told they can have it a month then cancel it off, however I was told by a rep in the store, over the phone, online assistance, and via email this is impossible. What's the skinny on this folks. I apologize if this has been asked to death but I know company's change policies all the time like T-mobile went from no data required to data required.
    no, you can cancel the entire contract within a month but not just the data plan, if you have a BB u need it...unless u "unlock" it elsewehere

Edit: mike 1022 wrote: "I had a representative tell me that VIP's still get charged a restocking fee. Is this true?"

Its descretionary, but I'm a VIP and a sales rep and they still charged me lol
    09-08-09 10:43 AM
    I've heard that they don't get charged for restocking... but thats just what I hear...
    09-08-09 11:04 AM
    VIP for verizon is kind of a gimmick, like they send out literature that makes you feel all fuzzy that your a VIP and are getting $100 off your phone for a 2 year upgrade on a primary line.....but its just the NE2 credit, you dont have to be on any special plan to get VIP, in fact based on how many of those broshures I've seen its reasonable to assume almost everyones a VIP. They do it cuz it makes you feel happy and it works on everyone, because in reality if you ask they CAN credit anyone, question is will they VIP or not, I dont think the VIP thing is what makes the difference, rather how happy the rep is that day, or how many discounts he/she has already provided...they do have a limit daily they cant go over no matter what! lol
    09-08-09 11:13 AM
    So what is this all about?

The following fees are waived on select transactions relating to Eligible VIP mobile telephone numbers: $20 upgrade processing fee, $15 mobile telephone number change fee, and $35 restocking fee. 2009 Verizon Wireless.
    09-08-09 11:14 AM

The following fees are waived on select transactions relating to Eligible VIP mobile telephone numbers: $20 upgrade processing fee, $15 mobile telephone number change fee, and $35 restocking fee. 2009 Verizon Wireless.
    I'm telling you man what it says is very sneaky theres always a loophole, this statement allows them to pick a reason not to give you that credit, not saying they wont credit you, but i wouldnt be surprised if they didnt
    09-08-09 11:26 AM

Its select it doesnt say that it they wave all of these fees all of the time.
    09-08-09 11:28 AM
    lol double post hahaha blue....great minds!
    09-08-09 11:29 AM
    Great minds... think alike lol
    09-08-09 11:46 AM
    Okay and is this true as well?

All VIP Program benefits expire February 28, 2010.
    09-08-09 11:47 AM
    not sure where you are getting that stuff from, but If it says that i would say so, but the thing is they are starting to get lazy collecting some of the things, adnd/or making up for it with ridiculus low phone pricing
    09-08-09 11:50 AM
    Check it out for yourself:

www.vzwshop.com/nevip/
    09-08-09 11:54 AM
5,111 ... 139140141142143 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD