View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 09:42 AM
5,111 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Is it a bad idea to download the updated version of the pearl 8130 from blackberry.com, or should I wait for the updated version on the verizon website?

supposedly the V.5 just came out on the blackberry website, but its not on the verizon one. If i download it off blackberry.com will this screw up my service or anything?

Probably a stupid question, but I know nothing about this lol
    10-24-08 10:06 PM
    Is it a bad idea to download the updated version of the pearl 8130 from blackberry.com, or should I wait for the updated version on the verizon website?

supposedly the V.5 just came out on the blackberry website, but its not on the verizon one. If i download it off blackberry.com will this screw up my service or anything?

Probably a stupid question, but I know nothing about this lol
    You can install it on your device at your own risk. If you call for tech support from VZW, most techs will try to resolve your concern. If they cannot then it will be cause VZW does not support the version there.

In this case you can RIM and they will support the device at your expense.
    10-24-08 10:43 PM
    Can I add myself to my family's plan if i get a blackberry? They recieve the nationwide family sharing plan. So if i get the Blackberry solution plan, with the storm, will I get the 1400 minutes like the rest of my family since I'm on their plan? :/
    10-25-08 02:31 PM
    Can I add myself to my family's plan if i get a blackberry? They recieve the nationwide family sharing plan. So if i get the Blackberry solution plan, with the storm, will I get the 1400 minutes like the rest of my family since I'm on their plan? :/
    Hi!

My names David, and I am a VZW rep as well. Im new to the forums, and I figured Id hop in here and help as much as I can. Adding yourself to your familys FSP [family share plan] should not be a problem. Given they dont have the maximum allowed of lines on their plan. Will you get 1400 minutes? No. You will share that amongst X amount of lines on that said plan. But you can individually add the BB plan on your line and enjoy your new Storm.

I hope this helps, and if anyone else [VZW rep] has something else to add, feel free to do so. Any other questions, feel free to contact me.

Dave

Edit: Anyone with a question is welcome to contact me through PM, or BB message my PIN. I will be glad to help, just state you are from the forums. Also, dont overflow my BB asking "When does the Storm come out". That has been addressed by me on the Storm pricing/release page.
    Last edited by neuroticdave; 10-25-08 at 06:38 PM.
    10-25-08 06:34 PM
    when does os 4.5 come out officially on verizon?
    also will it have multilanguage support?
    if not is there anyway that i can can get my curve to support a foreign language?
    10-25-08 10:28 PM
    1. no release date yet
    2. You can add lanquage packs
    3. You can get the multi-language version from RIM website.
    10-25-08 10:53 PM
    thanks for the help
    would getting it a language pack or getting the os from the rim site void my warrenty somehow?
    10-25-08 11:26 PM
    Hello I have had my Blackberry for about a month and a half now and I took the case off the other day for the first time. I come to find that the battery cover isn't on right when I go to fix it I see that it is just flat out broken. Two of the henges are basically gone. I have also experienced a few MMS issues where I can't send any.

I am begging to think that the VZW rep. Gave me some extra crap phone they had and thought I wouldn't care because I am younger.

Is it to late to go back and make them give me a new one?

Do you know how to fix my MMS issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-08 11:33 PM
    Is it possible to transfer a Business Related Verizon Account (The account holder is self-employed and got the line put in his name, under his business) to a regular wireless account under a different name, so the other person, who has an employee discount can use it?

Would that be the same as the assumption of liability or a possibility of?

Also, the best part of all, what to do if the account holder has actually forgotten the special password, is it something we can prove over the phone, or have to go to a VZW store to verify?

Thanks!
    10-26-08 04:00 AM
    thanks for the help
    would getting it a language pack or getting the os from the rim site void my warrenty somehow?
    Lot of folks are doing it. You can roll back the OS if needed. Language packs I doubt would void the warr. Whe the unit comes back to VZW, RIM will flash the unit and put back on the version. VZW will not supoprt the 4.5 till release or language packs at all for obvious reasons
    10-26-08 09:17 AM
    1. no release date yet
    2. You can add lanquage packs
    3. You can get the multi-language version from RIM website.
    Hello!

I have .77 of 4.5 currently running on my companies BB 8830 WE. Its running smooth as a babies bottom. And yes, its a VZW company phone, but I asked and was told there was no problem with me doing the upgrade so long as I didnt fark it up. And IIRC, 4.5 came with french, chinese and spanish aready in the install options.
    10-26-08 02:56 PM
    Hello I have had my Blackberry for about a month and a half now and I took the case off the other day for the first time. I come to find that the battery cover isn't on right when I go to fix it I see that it is just flat out broken. Two of the henges are basically gone. I have also experienced a few MMS issues where I can't send any.

I am begging to think that the VZW rep. Gave me some extra crap phone they had and thought I wouldn't care because I am younger.

Is it to late to go back and make them give me a new one?

Do you know how to fix my MMS issue?

Although you are past the 30 days policy, you might get lucky. I personally would not have a problem trying to figure out a way to get you a new latch, but not all employees are the same. Some are selfish minded and only want new activations or renew customers. Its not uncommon for a customer to get brushed off with an excuse. I say you go back to the rep and kindly let him know of your finding. If he doesnt find a way to make you happy, as to speak to the supervisor [If its a kiosk] or a manager/assistant manager. They should be able to help you out.

As for the MMS problem, customer service can take care of that for you. Give them a call and they will look things over on our end. Its not an uncommon issue. If not, theres always a tech center at our locations!
    10-26-08 02:58 PM
    Is it possible to transfer a Business Related Verizon Account (The account holder is self-employed and got the line put in his name, under his business) to a regular wireless account under a different name, so the other person, who has an employee discount can use it?

Would that be the same as the assumption of liability or a possibility of?

Also, the best part of all, what to do if the account holder has actually forgotten the special password, is it something we can prove over the phone, or have to go to a VZW store to verify?

Thanks!
    You would have to go to a store, unless there is some back up made on the account to retreive or reset the password [ie. a secret question]. As for the name change, yes it would be assumption of liability. You are taking over the account under your name, and are no longer going to be a business customer. I suggest going to a store and talking this over more in depth with a rep to get more information.
    10-26-08 03:00 PM
    when does os 4.5 come out officially on verizon?
    also will it have multilanguage support?
    if not is there anyway that i can can get my curve to support a foreign language?
    No set date, but there are .77 versions flying around the net. I have it on my 8830 WE and it works great. And yes it does have multilanguage support. Like I said on a previous post, it already comes with french, spanish and chinese. Good luck!
    10-26-08 03:02 PM
    You can install it on your device at your own risk. If you call for tech support from VZW, most techs will try to resolve your concern. If they cannot then it will be cause VZW does not support the version there.

In this case you can RIM and they will support the device at your expense.
    Did it on my company phone. Also, if you call tech support and ask for help, you just have to skip the part where you upgraded to a beta OS. They normally wont ask, so dont tell. The menus and options havent changed all that much, so I doubt you would come across any issues if you were to call tech support to troubleshoot an issue. But as far as I can see, 4.5 is running stable.
    10-26-08 03:04 PM
    Although you are past the 30 days policy, you might get lucky. I personally would not have a problem trying to figure out a way to get you a new latch, but not all employees are the same. Some are selfish minded and only want new activations or renew customers. Its not uncommon for a customer to get brushed off with an excuse. I say you go back to the rep and kindly let him know of your finding. If he doesnt find a way to make you happy, as to speak to the supervisor [If its a kiosk] or a manager/assistant manager. They should be able to help you out.

As for the MMS problem, customer service can take care of that for you. Give them a call and they will look things over on our end. Its not an uncommon issue. If not, theres always a tech center at our locations!
    Thank you very much. I appreciate the help!

10-26-08 11:28 PM
    I got my new pink Curve less than a month ago. I use it moderately throughout the day (I am sure there are people who use theirs much more than I do) and all of a sudden my battery has stopped holding charge. I have deleted some apps and will see if this changes things at all.

If the battery situation doesn't change and it continues to not hold power, will I have to send my entire phone back to Verizon or would they replace the battery? what is the protocol in these situations?

Thanks!
    10-27-08 12:59 AM
    Battery has a 1 year warranty, should just exchange the battery

10-27-08 03:42 PM
    2 questions.

1. I know, this has been asked before but can't seem to find the answer anywhere. Will Verizon be unlocking all GPS's on all phones or will it only be the Storm and phones released after that?

2. Is there a site or way that I can check the data speed of my phone? I have noticed that sometimes it seems like it is extremely slow while browsing. Im never roaming and I almost always have full bars.
    10-28-08 04:58 PM
    2 questions.

1. I know, this has been asked before but can't seem to find the answer anywhere. Will Verizon be unlocking all GPS's on all phones or will it only be the Storm and phones released after that?

2. Is there a site or way that I can check the data speed of my phone? I have noticed that sometimes it seems like it is extremely slow while browsing. Im never roaming and I almost always have full bars.
    1. I must have missed something here. Who said VZW is unlcoking GPS on the Storm?

2. Try cleaning you cache and cookies on the device and see if this helps. Speed test on a phone? if you can get to a speed test site, it should be able to test the speed for you.
    10-28-08 06:11 PM
    How much lead time is there between when the reps know something is going to be released and its actual release?

The reason that I ask, is I was ready to venture into the magical world of Black Berry's and of course I wanted "the latest" Blackberry Device available from Verizon, which at the time was the 8830 WE. I asked the rep, and intel on new berry's coming out in the next month or two? I didn't want to get saddled with a 'new' phone, only have a whole slew come out a week or 2 later. He stated, nope, the 8830 would be it for awhile.

The next month, the Curve comes out. (sigh)

So now I'm saddled with a phone that I just settled for, for the next 2 years because either the rep was uninformed, or just didn't want to look it up.

I didn't like the suretype that was offered by the pearl, or would of gone that way. Don't get me wrong, I still can't put down my berry (her name is Wynona) but still, I would LOVE the ability to take pictures and what not.

I also understand that as a consumer it is MY responsibiity to research these things ahead of time...I just figured a Verizon rep would know something, and be able to help me out. Been with Verizon since it was AirTouch...and they have been reliable to me at least 75% of the time.
    10-28-08 06:43 PM
    Reps get very little notification. Depends on the device. Regular phones sometimes if we are lucky we get a week. Most times consumers know before we do, or we get same day notice. hit and miss
    10-28-08 07:04 PM
    It depends on what it is.

The Unlimited plans? 24 hrs notice.

Samsung Knack? 3 weeks

Moto Krave? 1 week

Depends on manufaturer, launch date, target demo, etc.

If you want info on a phone yet to be released rep are the worst people to ask. There's always more info online.
    10-28-08 09:50 PM
    ok so I know that Verizon is getting the BB Storm and I am probably about the only person who doesn't want it, so do you know if Verizon will ever get the Bold, I do like that one
    10-29-08 04:40 PM
    I am sure something will come out. If this happenes it will next year. It will not be the bold, but the CDMA version of it. I am with you, I do not like a touch screen myself and will wait and enjoy my curve for a bit more.
    10-29-08 08:50 PM
5,111 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD