View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Honestly don't know I'll try to look into it. 1st thing I would do though is have him go back and trade it for a tour
    hahaha but then he may not get the phone back
    09-02-09 03:15 PM
    True his buddy would probably keep the tour.
    09-02-09 03:28 PM
    Boblove,

You'll need to get a sim card from your provider, and then it MIGHT work.

Zyrio: no, we will not provide insurance for customer provided equipment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-09 03:45 PM
    How can I get this thing to work on their network? possible to "release" from Verizon network, or whetever has to be done? Is there a fee involved? I have a colleague in the US who could take care of that for me...
    Bob - the last VZW customer who had the device would need to call to get that released.
    i just bought a storm from a buddy of mine and its less then 30 days old... will Verizon insure this since i didn't buy it directly from them?
    VZW does not insure phones - Asurion does. Asurion requires the phone to be insured within 15 days of activation by the original owner. So no, there is no insurance available through Asurion or VZW.

09-02-09 03:46 PM
    okay thank you Darthkuriboh and TwinsX2Dad. i guess i dont need to pay for the insurance then....
    09-02-09 06:39 PM
    okay thank you Darthkuriboh and TwinsX2Dad. i guess i dont need to pay for the insurance then....
    Check out State Farm - they offer a personal article plan that is nicely priced & gets you a new phone - not a refurb.

State Farm Insurance - Auto, Life, Homeowners, & More

09-02-09 06:56 PM
    ehh i refuse to do any business with state farm.. i had 2 cars and my homeowners insurance through them for years and they dropped me because i live less then 1/4 mile from the beach.
    09-02-09 09:37 PM
    Hi,

I've had my Storm for about 9 months now and its been extremely reliable and I am overall content. But I have been noticing some slowdowns on the screen [not as responsive as it once was]. If take it in for service or for an exchange, can I asked to be switched to a new BB, say the Tour? Or do they have to give me the same device that I have?

I was in another thread and I read that someone took in the Storm for technical support and instead of giving him a new Storm, they asked him if he was interested in the Tour instead. Now, this was probably a special circumstance or an extremely generous Rep and I am not asking what I need to do to exchange my Storm for Tour. I'm asking if it's possible? Thanks in advance!
    09-03-09 04:15 AM
    It doesn't need a rep to answer this... Reduced screen performance is very unlikely to be a hardware issue which needs to be fixed by warranty exchange. Policy would see it replaced with a refurb of the same model anyway -unless- the device is discontinued for so long that no more replacement stock is available. Anything else would be an upgrade with cost implications.

There is every chance you can fix the problems yourself from the comfort of your chair. Start with a battery-pull reset, check free memory improvement and look for the software application(s) which might be hurting performance. If it's a rogue app it will probably be something installed recently. Also check your OS upgrade level, and see what the Storm gurus say is the latest stable release.
    09-03-09 05:29 AM
    Bob - the last VZW customer who had the device would need to call to get that released.

VZW does not insure phones - Asurion does. Asurion requires the phone to be insured within 15 days of activation by the original owner. So no, there is no insurance available through Asurion or VZW.

30 days.

09-03-09 07:44 AM
    30 days.

So in theory he could he get it insured?
    09-03-09 08:02 AM
    30 days.
    1) I stand corrected.

2) See? I don't work for VZW.

3) I still say Asurion coverage is a ripoff.

4) I have a VZW/Asurion pamphlet dated 10/08 that says 15 days from shipmenr (not activation), so 30 days must be a recent change.

Nope - he still isn't the original purchaser - he has to buy it from VZW & not a friend, Craigslist, eBay, etc.

09-03-09 08:38 AM
    I got a phone off Craigslist, *228 would not activate it, called 611 and once activated was offered and I accepted the insurance to see what would happen. 4 months later and one insurance replacement it is still on my account. I must have maybe got a new rep, I dunno. But I am glad I did, my son went swimming and forgot he had his phone in his pocket.

09-03-09 11:14 AM
    No, and you should know this. Asurion does not insure customer provided equipment.
    09-03-09 11:22 AM
    Read the post above you my friend. Its been done before. I know that when activating any EU Customer Provided Device we remove the insurance.
    09-03-09 12:27 PM
    I am aware it can be done however it is against Verizon and Asurion policies to do so.
    09-03-09 01:02 PM
    I am aware it can be done however it is against Verizon and Asurion policies to do so.
    Quite aware
    09-03-09 01:05 PM
    It doesn't need a rep to answer this... Reduced screen performance is very unlikely to be a hardware issue which needs to be fixed by warranty exchange. Policy would see it replaced with a refurb of the same model anyway -unless- the device is discontinued for so long that no more replacement stock is available. Anything else would be an upgrade with cost implications.

There is every chance you can fix the problems yourself from the comfort of your chair. Start with a battery-pull reset, check free memory improvement and look for the software application(s) which might be hurting performance. If it's a rogue app it will probably be something installed recently. Also check your OS upgrade level, and see what the Storm gurus say is the latest stable release.
    Thanks for quick response.

I have done all the above. I've wiped the phone, upgraded OS and reinstalled everything as per another post relating to memory leak. It seems that only portion of the screen is non-responsive. It's subtle and won't do it every time. Thanks again!
    09-03-09 02:38 PM
    He still isn't eligible. Twins: it was recently changed. That's what a VZW rep told me.
    09-03-09 05:58 PM
    He still isn't eligible. Twins: it was recently changed. That's what a VZW rep told me.
    Those VZW reps are always the most up to date on things like this, aren't they?

09-03-09 07:37 PM
    At least another hour. I too would act fast.
    Mid november to late november is what i heard
    09-04-09 02:20 PM
    1) I stand corrected.

2) See? I don't work for VZW.

3) I still say Asurion coverage is a ripoff.

4) I have a VZW/Asurion pamphlet dated 10/08 that says 15 days from shipmenr (not activation), so 30 days must be a recent change.

Nope - he still isn't the original purchaser - he has to buy it from VZW & not a friend, Craigslist, eBay, etc.

Ok yes it is a new development they have changed the way they do things a lot.

Also as far as insurance, a lot of times if you have a silver toungue you can get them to do many thing, at its heart insurance follows the number, so if you can make them think it should have it on their or get the rep to code it different your in!
    09-04-09 02:23 PM
    I got five months on my contract left. Do i still have to pay the 175 or will it be cheaper?
    09-04-09 05:02 PM
    I got five months on my contract left. Do i still have to pay the 175 or will it be cheaper?
    It will be cheaper.

If you are on a 2 year contract, then your ETF will be around $80.

Any reason why you want to cancel?
    09-04-09 05:05 PM
    He wants an Iphone lol
    09-04-09 05:35 PM
5,111 ... 137138139140141 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD