View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    1. Will VZW adopt Alltel's My Circle plan after the merger is completed?

2. Will VZW offer V-Cast on the BB Storm?
    1.yes depending on your pp

2.YES!!!!
    08-31-09 05:38 PM
    There is three of us in a family plan but the main person that got the lines added on and the main control is going to buy out to go to atnt. What would happen to mine and my friends phone?
    08-31-09 10:15 PM
    There is three of us in a family plan but the main person that got the lines added on and the main control is going to buy out to go to atnt. What would happen to mine and my friends phone?
    If your friend no longer wants responsibility for the lines, he can pay any ETFs, which would leave you needing to get new service. Or he can authorize an assumption of liability, where you could keep your phone & stay on VZW. You'd get a one year contract & NE2 eligibility would remain intact. Or your friend can take you with him, but any applicable ETFs would still be owed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 11:05 PM
    but does he have to pay the Cancelation fee or do we for our phones?
    08-31-09 11:19 PM
    can i buy a phone seperatey?
    08-31-09 11:24 PM
    but does he have to pay the Cancelation fee or do we for our phones?
    It's in his name so he is technically liable for breaking HIS contracts. I wouldn't pay a dime for something I didn't want to do.

You would want to do what Twins said - Assumption of Liability. You taking over the contract and putting your name on it - making you liable.
    09-01-09 12:03 AM
    can i buy a phone seperatey?
    Yes -- check e-bay or craigslist. Be sure it's a Verizon phone. If you want to pay full retail - go to a store.
    09-01-09 12:05 AM
    I am a new VZW customer. I bought the tour recently and my 30days have passed. Multiple "small" issues came along with this new purchase of the bb tour and now talks of "green sticker" or "green dot" tour's have showed up in which these tours have addressed the issues that came along with the first wave of tours.

I was wondering if i could still do an exchange for a green dot tour without spending top dollar again.
    09-01-09 02:15 AM
    Okay a somewhat easy question. I was with Alltel and I am now a happy verizon customer. I was given a storm that was switched to alltel but it has had a few problems since day 1. I received a letter that basically said I was a vip account holder and offering me to upgrade my phone early. This letter gives me until the 3rd of September but I would rather hold out for the storm2 if I am going to upgrade but I know that is not going to be out till later on. If I don't do this by the 3rd will I really have to wait until my contract is up?
    09-01-09 08:10 AM
    Im A VZW Technician, so if anyone has question feel free to look me up
    09-01-09 11:09 AM
    Im A VZW Technician, so if anyone has question feel free to look me up
    Good to see another tech here! Chad Farr isn't your name is it? May want to come up with a handle that no one can identify you by.
    09-01-09 11:11 AM
    My contract was up last week, so I am eligible for the NE2 upgrade, but my wife's line (family plan) isn't eligible for upgrade until Nov. We want to each get a Tour since it is such a good deal, but I kind of don't think it will be around until then.
    Is there any way at all that I could get her existing line upgraded without paying an ETF (ie, talk to different reps, ask for retentions, etc.)?
    Can I upgrade my line and add a line with the free Tour and basically go from 2 lines to 3 on the family plan until her existing line is up in March? For 9.99 a month it may be worth it to do this, but it still stinks to have to pay the extra for an unused line.
    Thanks for any help, it is appreciated.
    09-01-09 11:47 AM
    Cnug: what problems?

Ridgeline: sept 3rd is a courtesy offer. If you don't do it by then you have to wait.

Boilerjohn: your line is eligible, hers isn't. You signed a contract with her line so stick it out. Get your tour now and hers later

09-01-09 04:57 PM
    Cnug: what problems?

Ridgeline: sept 3rd is a courtesy offer. If you don't do it by then you have to wait.

Boilerjohn: your line is eligible, hers isn't. You signed a contract with her line so stick it out. Get your tour now and hers later

Thanks. That is what I figured, but I was just hoping to find some way to use the offer instead of having to fork out an extra $100-200 right after the promo ends. That's the way it goes, but it doesn't ease the wallet!
    09-01-09 05:31 PM
    What do u know about the two new data plans a ten and twenty dollar data plan are those for dumb phones or even the android platform

09-01-09 06:02 PM
    Those are for the enhanced multimedia phones that are coming out soon

09-01-09 06:26 PM
    What do u know about the two new data plans a ten and twenty dollar data plan are those for dumb phones or even the android platform
    Those are for Advanced Devices, like the upcoming Samsung Rogue. Smartphones running Android, WM, BlackBerry, Symbian, Palm, etc. are not compatible.

09-01-09 06:28 PM
    Ok thanks..

09-01-09 06:30 PM
    I was wondering if a verizon rep could direct me or post a link where I can get the newest and official OS at vzw.com
    09-02-09 12:32 AM
    I was wondering if a verizon rep could direct me or post a link where I can get the newest and official OS at vzw.com
    Here ya go: BlackBerry® Software Updates
    09-02-09 12:34 AM
    That was quick. TY so much.
    09-02-09 12:40 AM
    That was quick. TY so much.
    The man is like greased lightning.

09-02-09 12:49 AM
    Hi

I have been given a Storm in Tanzania, that is a Verizon handset.

It works fine as a phone so it doesn't seem to be network locked on GSM, but as a Blackberry I can't get Blackberry service to work, "network blocked". I am trying to use it on tiGO Tanzania (service not operational yet, it's in beta/being rolled out now) but the PIN seems to be locked to Verizon? Would that be the case?

How can I get this thing to work on their network? possible to "release" from Verizon network, or whetever has to be done? Is there a fee involved? I have a colleague in the US who could take care of that for me...

TIA!

Bob
    09-02-09 04:47 AM
    i just bought a storm from a buddy of mine and its less then 30 days old... will Verizon insure this since i didn't buy it directly from them?

if they don't theres no need in paying for it i guess.
    09-02-09 02:41 PM
    Honestly don't know I'll try to look into it. 1st thing I would do though is have him go back and trade it for a tour
    09-02-09 02:56 PM
5,111 ... 136137138139140 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD