View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    When I get home tonight I will be activating my 5th Blackberry Tour/second green dot Tour. 1st 3 had defective trackballs.
    My first Green dot Tour has a casing/bezel mis alignment. Top peice/ear peice is off and where the casing meets the bezel right by the head phone jack is off a lot. As well as major lag when sending any type of message. Takes a good 10 to 15 seconds to send and go back to which ever inbox I am sending from
    I have the new one and it doesn't seem to have these same casing problems.

However upon opening the battery door it looks like the inside is defintiely not from a new Tour. There are some scratches and a metal peice I can see looks like it may have rust on it.

See pic below. Look at it in full size and you can see the peice next to it looks new and clean while the peice in question does not.
    Sorry about the blurryness but you can still see the difference.

So, if I have t send this one back and I probably will I am done with the Tour.

What are my options?
    I have a Curve.
    I have a Storm.
    I don't want to get anything but a Blackberry.
    Will Verizon allow me get back my upgrade like it never happended and wait until either the new Curve 85** or Storm 2 launches or will I be stuck with swappign Tours until I finally get a good one?
    Good question... Right now you might be stuck. All the bb's out there right now (curve/storm/pearl/flip) are downgrades... So I would continue to switch them out untill you find one that works. Just try to get by with it untill the storm 2 or curve 85xx come out... Hopefully you will get one that works.
    08-28-09 02:32 PM
    Perhaps a better image of the problem?
    08-28-09 02:37 PM
    Is that the same pic?
    08-28-09 03:21 PM
    Yeah just a little cleaned up!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 03:36 PM
    Yeah just a little cleaned up!

Ha! Good job and thanks! Much better than mine.

I guess I should have added...
    How does rust get ona new phone as well as make it out the door and to my house. Talk about QC problems. All someone had to do was open the battery cover and look.

Not sure if I am going to attempt to keep returning them or see if they will return my upgrade and money and let me go back to my Curve.
    I am out of my 30 day period but after going through 5 phones I would think they should do at least that for me.

If not I understand because I know the policy but I have heard of Verizon doing right by people in these situations.

Here's to hoping!
    08-28-09 03:57 PM
    How do I get U-Tube to play on my Verizon Curve 8330? Know that I am very uneducated about this stuff so please, easy to follow directions. Thanks.
    08-28-09 04:26 PM
    How do I get U-Tube to play on my Verizon Curve 8330? Know that I am very uneducated about this stuff so please, easy to follow directions. Thanks.
    It should play as long as you're running the 4.5 OS.

Have you modified any browser settings?

08-28-09 05:54 PM
    Ha! Good job and thanks! Much better than mine.

I guess I should have added...
    How does rust get ona new phone as well as make it out the door and to my house. Talk about QC problems. All someone had to do was open the battery cover and look.

Not sure if I am going to attempt to keep returning them or see if they will return my upgrade and money and let me go back to my Curve.
    I am out of my 30 day period but after going through 5 phones I would think they should do at least that for me.

If not I understand because I know the policy but I have heard of Verizon doing right by people in these situations.

Here's to hoping!
    Well are you SURE it's rust? I just checked my brand new one and it had a little dirty look to it. Also on my Curve. Could be the way it's manufactured?

Doubt corrosion would settle that soon without having a lot of exposure to moisture. Most likely copper oxide.
    Last edited by tsguy52; 08-28-09 at 06:51 PM.
    08-28-09 06:49 PM
    My wife and myself are long term v.I.p. Customers, we rarely request anything from verizon here in central fl. We have recently been treated badly totally lied to from two customer serv. Reps been given run around for several days wasting our time gas money running the355 miles in total all over an annual upgrade we are yet to get,I have seen the decline over the the past 11 years with verizon I know a few good managers in corporate but wanted to know what you'd suggest we do?

08-28-09 07:59 PM
    My wife and myself are long term v.I.p. Customers, we rarely request anything from verizon here in central fl. We have recently been treated badly totally lied to from two customer serv. Reps been given run around for several days wasting our time gas money running the355 miles in total all over an annual upgrade we are yet to get,I have seen the decline over the the past 11 years with verizon I know a few good managers in corporate but wanted to know what you'd suggest we do?

What is the entire story? Are you eligible for a standard upgrade? What were the "lies" and what were you asking from the reps at the time?

We need more info than just that.
    08-28-09 08:02 PM
    I have two phones my bb storm purchased at full price in dec 08 and my other phone voyager I purchase 3 months earlier after I was told it was a smart phone from the rep at p.o.s. So I called cs *611 was told upgrade is approved on one phone go to vw store told I was two weeks short called back cs *611 then the vw store said they were out of stock for the phone she picked told to this rep calls to the kiosk in another mall they do business with tells the rep to do the upgrade we go there she say I'm lying she tries to charge me $169 she said he didn't tell her upgrade I stood there in front of him he said free upgrade she says he never did we leave go back to original store now he won't talk with us I call cs *611 was told we are eligible . I'm just sick of it all this now she's ticked and still no phone voyager has problems best solved by eligible upgrade I have insurance on both anyway I don't appreciate being told your a v.I.p. Customer placed in that status and then being treated like this.

08-28-09 08:29 PM
    Wow.. that's pretty crazy. Well wouldn't $169 be an upgrade price?

What phone are you trying to get?
    08-28-09 08:36 PM
    Motorola rapture but where does the fee come from I was told the rapture wouldn't cost me anything. But really I'd rather us both be able to go back to my world with two lg 8300s with all that is gone wrong! But we know until they create an app to turn back time I'm stuck lol.

08-28-09 08:49 PM
    Anyone know where to get two lg8300s for a fair price?

08-28-09 10:00 PM
    Craigslist or E-Bay

08-29-09 08:37 PM
    Thanks for the info very good info soon to return to lg vx 8300s.

08-29-09 11:00 PM
    I just got off the phone with a rep who told me that the current BB buy one get one free is going on thru Nov. 7. Can anyone verify that the information is true, please?
    08-30-09 03:12 PM
    I just got off the phone with a rep who told me that the current BB buy one get one free is going on thru Nov. 7. Can anyone verify that the information is true, please?
    I've heard a few references to Nov for the BOGO, but nothing concrete. But hey, I don't work for VZW customer service & never will.

These things are notorious for being extended - and if they aren't, wait just a bit & they return. RIM is desperately trying to maintain momentum in the face of new competition in the coming months, as well as negative issues of their own.

08-30-09 03:20 PM
    Will Verizon ever get the Nuvifone?
    08-30-09 04:13 PM
    Will Verizon ever get the Nuvifone?
    Garmin has selected their exclusive US carrier for that - but they've not said which carrier it is. They might announce it by October.

If they announce VZW, then the answer to your question would be yes. If they answer with a carrier other than VZW, like AT&T, then no - it won't be happening, at least anytime soon.

Based on reports that Garmin didn't even attempt GPS app certification with VZW, I doubt it will be VZW.

08-30-09 05:08 PM
    Okay thanks because I heard it will be released for AT&T and I wasn't sure if they had exclusivity on it or not. I was just wondering if AT&T doesn't have exclusivity on it is there a chance Verizon might release it as well?
    08-30-09 05:40 PM
    Okay thanks because I heard it will be released for AT&T and I wasn't sure if they had exclusivity on it or not. I was just wondering if AT&T doesn't have exclusivity on it is there a chance Verizon might release it as well?
    BGR was probably the only outlet to claim AT&T - it doesn't seem out of the question, but is reaching a bit to claim it as fact. Of course, BGR never seems to let reality get in the way of their "reporting".

The Business Journal had an article on it about the middle of this last week - they mentioned no word from Garmin, Asus or any carrier, but that the exclusive carrier was selected.

For me, I'd not have big hopes - even with as much as I like Garmin - initial releases from companies who had not offered a phone before have all had some serious growing pains & initial release issues.

08-30-09 06:23 PM
    Phone arena also claims that it's coming to AT&T. Whatever happens I just really hope Verizon gets it because it looks like a hot phone.
    08-30-09 06:47 PM
    It amazes me how the U.S. as a whole is far far behind when it comes to cell phones. We have the speeds and such to do what is required, but the really cool phones are just lacking. I understand that most "cool" phones are GSM, but what happened to the millions of CDMA buyers? Or are we just tied to umm... Blackberry and WiMo..

Sorry.. Nokia N900 has me drooling again haha
    Last edited by tsguy52; 08-31-09 at 10:41 AM.
    08-31-09 10:36 AM
    Sorry.. Nokia N900 has me drooling again haha
    I am right there with you, too.

Trying to con, finagle & BS my way into getting one - but it is being held tighter than Fort Knox.

08-31-09 03:19 PM
5,111 ... 135136137138139 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD