View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Ok I've tried my best to figure this out on my own, but I'm not getting anywhere (clearly). I am needing to update my OS. I am a MAC user. I realize the Mac desktop software is being released next month, but I'm impatient.

I've been on the vzw site and bb's site, essentially one refers me to the other and I've gotten nothing accomplished. Is it possble to tell me how I need to go about this-so it works?! It takes me thriugh where I put in my device model, my phone # and that's about it.

Hypothetically speaking, if I'm not able to fo it myself, am I able to take in-store and have them do it? And if so, are they going to charge for it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 02:20 AM
    Ok I've tried my best to figure this out on my own, but I'm not getting anywhere (clearly). I am needing to update my OS. I am a MAC user. I realize the Mac desktop software is being released next month, but I'm impatient.

I've been on the vzw site and bb's site, essentially one refers me to the other and I've gotten nothing accomplished. Is it possble to tell me how I need to go about this-so it works?! It takes me thriugh where I put in my device model, my phone # and that's about it.

Hypothetically speaking, if I'm not able to fo it myself, am I able to take in-store and have them do it? And if so, are they going to charge for it?

I think the bold part pretty much sums up this entire post

You can bring it to VW and they'll only update your curve to the latest release for Verizon (not sure if it's .135 or .138 haven't checked in a bit). I think your best bet is to find a PC, and do it there, or just wait it out on the mac. As far how-to's, you may want to start here first --> http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/
    08-23-09 02:39 AM
    My touch screen stops working at least 4-5 times a day now. I believe it is due to the humidity. I think it will go back to normal in the winter, but do you think VZW will replace it? If so, new or refurbished? I'm relatively happy with the phone and want the least hassle possible. Any reps have any quick fixes?

The problem with returning it, I think, is that I won't be able to replicate the issue inside the store. Sometimes it can be hours before a lockup! And won't there be like an overlay while I wait for my new Storm to come in, where I'd be without my phone for a few days?
    08-23-09 10:18 AM
    I think the bold part pretty much sums up this entire post

You can bring it to VW and they'll only update your curve to the latest release for Verizon (not sure if it's .135 or .138 haven't checked in a bit). I think your best bet is to find a PC, and do it there, or just wait it out on the mac. As far how-to's, you may want to start here first --> http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/
    its .138

good software and it actually supports bbm 5.0!
    08-23-09 03:17 PM

You cannot do a sw update using the pocketmac software... best to find someone with windows/internet/and a disk drive put the DTM software on there and do the update.
    08-23-09 03:45 PM
    1. To the best of my knowledge NO Verizon will not adopt the "my circle" plan. that was one of the things that will hold up the migration of Allel to Verizon

2. V-Cast is a plan for music devices like the Dare. it allows them to search mobile web without a per MB charge. It also is a service for downloading music. BB does not use mobile web/get it now if you were to have this service it would be another $15 on top of the $29.99 BIS
    The information in both of those questions is incorrect.

No, VZW Will NOT offer mycircle, but due to the migration, a program called "Friends and Family" has been developed to smooth the conversion process. Now, single line accounts with 900+ minutes get 5 numbers out of network with unlimited minutes, and Family share plans with 1400+ minutes have 10 out of network numbers. You don't have to pay extra for this service. It's complimentary with your qualifying price plan.

Likewise, in response to the second question, VCAST will be available on the Storm Next month. Look for it.
    08-23-09 05:49 PM
    Is Verizon planning on putting backup assistant on their smartphones anytime soon?
    08-23-09 06:12 PM
    Is Verizon planning on putting backup assistant on their smartphones anytime soon?
    THere has been no confirmation or documentation about this.

Syncing to outlook and backups are a better options, as they save more than just contacts. Backup assistant just does contacts.
    08-23-09 06:18 PM
    THere has been no confirmation or documentation about this.

Syncing to outlook and backups are a better options, as they save more than just contacts. Backup assistant just does contacts.
    Here is a suggestion - put it in as your own, so when the kudos are sent out, it looks good for you, lastraid - Backup Assistant output to smartphones. This way, when Ma & Pa upgrade from their old flipper to a shiny new smartphone, they can get their contacts loaded up & ready to go Then, they backup on their machine from then on out.

08-23-09 08:04 PM
    Here is a suggestion - put it in as your own, so when the kudos are sent out, it looks good for you, lastraid - Backup Assistant output to smartphones. This way, when Ma & Pa upgrade from their old flipper to a shiny new smartphone, they can get their contacts loaded up & ready to go Then, they backup on their machine from then on out.

Would if I could, but need an inside contact there. I will write a letter
    08-23-09 08:06 PM
    You cannot do a sw update using the pocketmac software... best to find someone with windows/internet/and a disk drive put the DTM software on there and do the update.
    that's kinda what i was figuring... i may attempt at work to uploam the dtm, but not entirely sure if that'll work (enterprise restrictions) if nothing else, the IT guy has offered to do it for me.

i was hoping to be self sufficient here.

and mister smartpants BOLDfase, perhaps before you get all snippy, A) notice that i in fact pointed out my own impatience and B) also note that i indeed tried to attempt DOING it.
    08-23-09 09:47 PM
    Hello, as you can see, this is my first post, and I really hope this is the right place for it. I wasn't sure if I should make a new thread or not...But anyway, I tried searching but couldnt find my precise situation. I know it's not a difficult problem, I'm sure someone can help me out. =P

I am pretty sure it is possible to use my mother's new every two upgrade for myself because when I spoke with a very helpful woman from vzw she had told me so. Now my concern came along tonight when I went to order the tour for myself, under her phone line, of course to get the discount. She is a non-blackberry user, and doesnt have a data plan. During checkout I was required to select a plan, so I selected the 29.99 one. Which is fine, assuming I will not be charged for it, if I don't use it...correct???? I already have a data plan on my line, because I have a winmo phone. So this is where it really concerns me! I know once the phone comes I will have to activate it on her line, but for how long? And then when can I cancel the data plan etc...and activate it on my line? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Also, how, and where can I get the $70 mail in rebate? Pleases and thank you's =)

Thank you again!
    Dee
    08-23-09 11:58 PM
    Yes you wil have to pay for the plan you selected.
    08-24-09 06:43 AM
    Good morning, I have a technical question for the group. I have not received any email since Satuday around noon. There is email in my account when I go to my providers site. I have not recieved the usual message that there is an issue with my email password or such as in the past. Do I need to re-send the service books?

Thanks,
    Mike
    08-24-09 12:49 PM
    validate your emails> call tech support 1800-922-0204.
    They will give you a username and password.
    You need to make sure your email passwords are correct.
    Last edited by blue_and_bold; 08-24-09 at 01:05 PM.
    08-24-09 01:02 PM
    Accck! I need serious help!

I have 2 basic phones:
    LG VX5300
    and
    Verizon Wireless PN-210

I have an old Verizon plan:
    AMERICA'S CHOICE II FAM SH PRI 1400 ANY UNL N&W/IN CALL $80 S4512 0407

I am eligible for a 2 year upgrade on the LG VX5300 phone. I am leaving the Verizon Wireless PN-210 as is. It is just a phone for my parents to use for emergencies.

I want to upgrade the LG VX5300 to:
    BlackBerry Curve™ 8330 smartphone in Silver

My current bill is approximately:
    $110.29 with all taxes and fees

I don't even use my current call allowance. I want to downgrade to 700 minutes from the 1400 minutes I currently have. I also want unlimited texting. I also want unlimited (or limited - just not pay per minute) mobile web.

What plan would give me those options for close to the $110.29 that I currently pay?

I see three plans on verizonwireless.com that don't appeal to me:
    Nationwide Basic Family SharePlan (pay per text & pay per web min)
    Nationwide Select Family SharePlan (pay per web min)
    BlackBerry Nationwide Email & Messaging (pay per web min)

Thanks for your help in advance,
    KT
    08-24-09 01:06 PM
    Try customer service for all these options. They will know what you will pay for your bill, the phone, and your other options.
    08-24-09 01:12 PM
    Try customer service for all these options. They will know what you will pay for your bill, the phone, and your other options.
    While I appreciate your answer, I was hoping to see if anyone could provide me with a more complete answer as to what plans they have and how much they pay. I don't want to get on the phone with a representative only to get upsold...or if anyone used any special codes or anything like that...

I know how to dial customer service.

Thank you anyhow.
    08-24-09 01:21 PM
    "moe-blackberry 06:43 AM Today
    Yes you wil have to pay for the plan you selected."

Moe thank you for responding, but I'm afraid you must have is understood what I was asking.

I am using the primay line on my acct which is a non-blackberry/data plan line to upgrade to the tour. I ordered it online as if I were going to upgrade that line so as to get the discount. Now when my new phone comes tomorrow I would like to know exactly what to do...to activate it safely on the non-primary line, without having the pimary line charged for the data plan, that I was required to select during checkout online. The secondary line which is my line already has a data plan since I have a winmo phone. Preferably someone who knows the rulels so I don't get into a pickle! Please and thank you's! ....as I know I CAN'T be the only one who has done this! =P

Dee

08-24-09 01:26 PM
    While I appreciate your answer, I was hoping to see if anyone could provide me with a more complete answer as to what plans they have and how much they pay. I don't want to get on the phone with a representative only to get upsold...or if anyone used any special codes or anything like that...

I know how to dial customer service.

Thank you anyhow.
    New Cell Phones, CPO Cell Phones, Prepaid Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans - Verizon Wireless
    08-24-09 01:33 PM
    Accck! I need serious help!

I have 2 basic phones:
    LG VX5300
    and
    Verizon Wireless PN-210

I have an old Verizon plan:
    AMERICA'S CHOICE II FAM SH PRI 1400 ANY UNL N&W/IN CALL $80 S4512 0407

I am eligible for a 2 year upgrade on the LG VX5300 phone. I am leaving the Verizon Wireless PN-210 as is. It is just a phone for my parents to use for emergencies.

I want to upgrade the LG VX5300 to:
    BlackBerry Curve 8330 smartphone in Silver

My current bill is approximately:
    $110.29 with all taxes and fees

I don't even use my current call allowance. I want to downgrade to 700 minutes from the 1400 minutes I currently have. I also want unlimited texting. I also want unlimited (or limited - just not pay per minute) mobile web.

What plan would give me those options for close to the $110.29 that I currently pay?

I see three plans on verizonwireless.com that don't appeal to me:
    Nationwide Basic Family SharePlan (pay per text & pay per web min)
    Nationwide Select Family SharePlan (pay per web min)
    BlackBerry Nationwide Email & Messaging (pay per web min)

Thanks for your help in advance,
    KT
    Well if you want two 700 minute lines with unlimited texting you would want the select 700 for $99.99. The data plan for the blackberry would cost you $29.99 so you're looking at $129.98

08-24-09 02:25 PM
    Hello, as you can see, this is my first post, and I really hope this is the right place for it. I wasn't sure if I should make a new thread or not...But anyway, I tried searching but couldnt find my precise situation. I know it's not a difficult problem, I'm sure someone can help me out. =P

I am pretty sure it is possible to use my mother's new every two upgrade for myself because when I spoke with a very helpful woman from vzw she had told me so. Now my concern came along tonight when I went to order the tour for myself, under her phone line, of course to get the discount. She is a non-blackberry user, and doesnt have a data plan. During checkout I was required to select a plan, so I selected the 29.99 one. Which is fine, assuming I will not be charged for it, if I don't use it...correct???? I already have a data plan on my line, because I have a winmo phone. So this is where it really concerns me! I know once the phone comes I will have to activate it on her line, but for how long? And then when can I cancel the data plan etc...and activate it on my line? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Also, how, and where can I get the $70 mail in rebate? Pleases and thank you's =)

Thank you again!
    Dee
    Great question... and easily answered. I did this on my daughters and my line.
    I purchased the blackberry; it was activated ( plan and everything ) on her line. Immediately the activated it on my line and put my old phone on her line. Having a regular phone the plan was automatically removed by the billing system. This should work the same way for you.
    Make sure that your store/sales rep is aware of what you are wanting to do and verify the features on each line.
    Good luck!
    ps mail in rebate forms are given at the store... if you get your phone online the rebate is instant. The MIR comes as a gift card you can use ANYWHERE!
    08-24-09 03:34 PM
    My GF went to Verizon corporate store today to upgrade her old regular phone and her son's phone to BlackBerry Tours on a family plan. She was there for literally 2.5 hours, and there are still features of the phones that do not work. She had to leave because she needed to be somewhere, and considered having them connect her old phone back up and forgetting about Verizon all together. She has been a 10-year customer, and spends a lot of money each month with a family plan for herself and three other lines, but felt that she got the absolute worst in customer service during this process. The manager just said I'm sorry, and didn't offer to help out in any way.

She wants to contact someone at Verizon and relay her experience if for no other reason than to make it known that there are problems at that particular store. Not to mention the fact that she still needs to deal with a rep to get her new phones working properly.

She is extremely bitter about this experience, and it has completely killed any positive vibes about getting her first BlackBerry, and she could care less about learning how to use it right now.

Is there someone that could provide a customer relations contact that might be willing to listen to her story, and potentially make things right with an unhappy customer?
    08-24-09 08:23 PM
    Exactly.. We don't know and we don't care.. Ever since our planet feedback complaint haha.. why is this thread even still around. Just call in people - reps on here are just a bunch of CREEPS...

Now - I couldn't care less if any customer on here gets help from a VZW rep/creep. Congrats whoever thought about posting on Planet Feedback!
    08-24-09 10:53 PM
    My GF went to Verizon corporate store today to upgrade her old regular phone and her son's phone to BlackBerry Tours on a family plan. She was there for literally 2.5 hours, and there are still features of the phones that do not work. She had to leave because she needed to be somewhere, and considered having them connect her old phone back up and forgetting about Verizon all together. She has been a 10-year customer, and spends a lot of money each month with a family plan for herself and three other lines, but felt that she got the absolute worst in customer service during this process. The manager just said I'm sorry, and didn't offer to help out in any way.

She wants to contact someone at Verizon and relay her experience if for no other reason than to make it known that there are problems at that particular store. Not to mention the fact that she still needs to deal with a rep to get her new phones working properly.

She is extremely bitter about this experience, and it has completely killed any positive vibes about getting her first BlackBerry, and she could care less about learning how to use it right now.

Is there someone that could provide a customer relations contact that might be willing to listen to her story, and potentially make things right with an unhappy customer?
    can try customer service.... (1800-922-0204)... also go to www.verizonwirelesssurvey.com and fill out the survey. How would you rate verizon wireless? give a 0 and details as to why. Anyone can see that and you will get a call from the store manager in a couple days. thats the best way
    08-24-09 11:06 PM
5,111 ... 133134135136137 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD