View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Ok, my nephew thinks his wife is being less than faithful, and is convinced that he can get vzw to produce records, including the body of deleted texts, mms and emails sent to and from her phone (its in his name). Can he actually do this? I told him he was crazy, but I'm no expert, so what can you get, if anything?
    08-20-09 05:27 PM
    Ok, my nephew thinks his wife is being less than faithful, and is convinced that he can get vzw to produce records, including the body of deleted texts, mms and emails sent to and from her phone (its in his name). Can he actually do this? I told him he was crazy, but I'm no expert, so what can you get, if anything?
    He can get a court order and get a copy of text messages in the last 5 days. After 5 days messages are purged.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 06:04 PM
    I'll let him know he has a time constraint. Thanx, same with email & pix?
    08-20-09 06:38 PM
    I'll let him know he has a time constraint. Thanx, same with email & pix?
    Pictures maybe. Email not at all.

08-20-09 07:32 PM
    I don't have a question, just a huge thank you to all the reps that read this page! I called *611 this morning due to my 8330 restarting 10-15 times per day. I had tried everything I could to resolve the issue myself and hoped technical support could help me. After asking what OS I was running and having me do a battery pull, she wanted me to back up everything so we could wipe the phone. Well of course in the middle of doing the back up on Desktop Manager my phone restarted. She said "We're going to make this really easy, it sounds like you've been through enough trouble with this phone. I am sending you a new replacement phone overnight." I was amazed...I literally was only on the phone for about 10 minutes. To top it off I get a phone call a few hours later from the same rep just to tell me that she had a Fex Ex tracking number for me and that my phone will be here by 10:30 AM tomorrow! Amazing a replacement in less than 24 hours! Verizon has the best customer service out of any company I have ever worked with! Thank you reps for making the lives of your a little customers easier!
    08-20-09 11:16 PM
    What do you want to use on V-Cast? that should have been my first question
    08-21-09 04:22 AM
    How do I enable java script?
    08-21-09 08:26 AM
    How do I enable java script?
    Go into the browser. Select menu button>oprions.

Browser Configuration> check the first 6 boxes and save.

General properties> check java location support
    08-21-09 08:34 AM
    What about a STORM 2? I had a Storm from work for about six months. Was going to get one of my own, but heard about a Storm 2. Dont want to get one now only to miss the two by a few weeks. Any info or is there a policy about if your phone is less than xx weeks old, you can swap?
    08-21-09 10:00 AM
    Why are all of the newer blackberries getting smaller? Other than the Bold, every new BB is smaller than the 8830. This may work for kids, and people who really only use their BB for recreation, but us business users are fidning it harder to get a qwerty BB that fits our hands comfortably.

Is a 8830 sized or larger BB coming to VZW anytime soon?
    08-21-09 10:44 AM
    Time for a cleanup.

(Update) - thread drift corrected
    08-21-09 02:16 PM
    holy smokes my beautiful posts!
    08-21-09 02:24 PM
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! !!! lol oh well
    08-21-09 02:55 PM
    holy smokes my beautiful posts!
    Feel free to provide me your name and address. I will send you the archives.

08-21-09 03:50 PM
    What about a STORM 2? I had a Storm from work for about six months. Was going to get one of my own, but heard about a Storm 2. Dont want to get one now only to miss the two by a few weeks. Any info or is there a policy about if your phone is less than xx weeks old, you can swap?
    You have to be within 30 days and there is a $35 restocking fee.

Why are all of the newer blackberries getting smaller? Other than the Bold, every new BB is smaller than the 8830. This may work for kids, and people who really only use their BB for recreation, but us business users are fidning it harder to get a qwerty BB that fits our hands comfortably.

Is a 8830 sized or larger BB coming to VZW anytime soon?
    One big complaint about the 8830 was it's size. Personally, I liked the size, but I wouldn't hold my breath to see any bigger BB's hitting anytime soon.
    08-21-09 04:47 PM
    My screen on my phone is blank...I tried to reload the s/w tried numerous battery pulls & charging on a home charger..it still won't stay it came back briefly & I performed a hard reset...any other suggestions or is my storm dead?
    08-21-09 08:54 PM
    My screen on my phone is blank...I tried to reload the s/w tried numerous battery pulls & charging on a home charger..it still won't stay it came back briefly & I performed a hard reset...any other suggestions or is my storm dead?
    IF you have done all including a wipe of the device, then it sounds like it might be time for a replacement.
    08-21-09 09:08 PM
    Have you had the battery tested? If the battery shorted out internally, it would cause a situation exactly as you describe.

08-21-09 09:33 PM
    Lastraid is probably correct, time for a replacement.

There's one other thing you could try which would tell you if the problem is simply a display failure. Get one of the screenshot utilities on your PC (I use CrackUtil) and try to grab a screen. If you get a picture the problem is certainly in the screen. However, this is really academic interest because your Storm should still be under warranty
    08-22-09 06:58 AM
    And the problems continue. I have a Storm.. what a mistake... device has been replaced once. Now VZ Navigator is locks up and I have to reboot the phone. This add on fee based service does not keep the GPS signal locked and then cannot find the signal again without re-booting. I am also again expereincing dropped calls and low signal strength. I dont believe this is Verizon issue but Blackberry Storm. Any try the Palm Pre yet?
    08-22-09 08:31 AM
    And the problems continue. I have a Storm.. what a mistake... device has been replaced once. Now VZ Navigator is locks up and I have to reboot the phone. This add on fee based service does not keep the GPS signal locked and then cannot find the signal again without re-booting. I am also again expereincing dropped calls and low signal strength. I dont believe this is Verizon issue but Blackberry Storm. Any try the Palm Pre yet?
    Couple of things you can try here.

1. *228 opt 2 - update tower info.

2. check the permissions for VZNAV - options>advanced options>applications> highlight vznav>menu>permission. Make sure they are are set allow.

3. remove and re-install VZNav.
    08-22-09 08:36 AM
    you relize the pre is with sprint right? I would take lastraid's advice here. Sounds as if your phone has not taken the programing properly....also are you running the stock os or did you load a leaked version
    08-22-09 10:27 AM
    If the buttons light up and the screen stays black/blank, it's toast. Same thing happened to one of mine, just get a replacement.

If the screen is blank white (probably with an error code), you fried it but it's fixable. Go into the "How To" forum and follow the steps in there. It'll take a couple of hours, but it can be done.
    08-22-09 11:03 AM
    hey i recently started having a problem......when i record a video using my storm, i am unable to view it....keep getting error message "The media being played is of an unsupported format." Does anyone know what this means and how to resolve this issue.....i think it's kinda dumb that you would be able to record videos but not be able to view them......and yes i have done numerous battery pulls and still does not work....

thanks

Chiles
    08-22-09 09:50 PM
    hey i recently started having a problem......when i record a video using my storm, i am unable to view it....keep getting error message "The media being played is of an unsupported format." Does anyone know what this means and how to resolve this issue.....i think it's kinda dumb that you would be able to record videos but not be able to view them......and yes i have done numerous battery pulls and still does not work....

thanks

Chiles
    Might as well do a hard reset at this point!

08-22-09 09:53 PM
5,111 ... 132133134135136 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD