View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Hi
    I have 4 lines on a family plan.
    Three have BB.
    Two of the BB are eligible for upgrades.
    If I do buy one, get one free and get Tours to put on these two elligible lines and one decides they want to go back to previous BB (Storm), will this be allowed?
    Yes it would be allowed, now why they would want to go back to the Storm from the Tour is another question all together, but that's not the question asked.
    08-18-09 07:50 PM
    does blackberry make a phone that is 3g and wifi capable?i have a strm don't really like it its a little bulky and problematic.verizon is my carrier
    Last edited by 1998z71; 08-18-09 at 08:17 PM.
    08-18-09 07:53 PM
    My post was more in response to the poll actually. When the problem occurred I spent about 2 hours on the phone with various people at Verizon during several different phone calls. They had plenty of chances to do the right thing and declined. It's well past the honey part of the equation.
    A lot of times it takes research to find the source of the problem and most text "issues" consist of people going over their text allowance and stating that they want to be credited just because they are a customer.
    Let me ask you this, if you go over your miles on a car lease, do they waive the fees just because its YOUR car?
    08-18-09 07:54 PM
    A lot of times it takes research to find the source of the problem and most text "issues" consist of people going over their text allowance and stating that they want to be credited just because they are a customer.
    Let me ask you this, if you go over your miles on a car lease, do they waive the fees just because its YOUR car?
    Don't forget..... I've been a customer for 3 years!!!!!! Everything should be free for me now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 08:21 PM
    PBIR, the only "text message misunderstandings" I personally have experienced were when my middle son thought he could talk on Yahoo IM as part of his text package, and when I found out what "premium text messages" were. I explained to my son that if he wanted to Yahoo he better be at a computer, and paid the bill, found out about unlimited text messages and have been happier every since, lesson learned. As for the premium text messages, I called and asked what they were and how do I stop them. An extremely nice fellow helped me out, and stated that they had trouble with that horoscope subscription provider and asked to delve deeper into it on my behalf. I agreed, he asked me what would be my ideal, I said not to have subscribed, he agreed and credited me for them. I don't know the details to your troubles, as you chose not to share them; therefore other than to listen, there is nothing that anyone can do to help.
    08-18-09 09:12 PM
    does blackberry make a phone that is 3g and wifi capable?i have a strm don't really like it its a little bulky and problematic.verizon is my carrier
    Not for CDMA - the closest thing you will find is the Curve 8350 for the Nextel iDEN network.

Samsung & HTC are currently your options for WiFi on a CDMA carrier, which includes VZW, Sprint & USCellular.

08-18-09 09:47 PM
    So is VZW admitting that the Tour has a serious Bluetooth problem yet, or are they still pretending to know nothing about it? Until they admit to the problem, they will never fix.
    08-18-09 11:32 PM
    So is VZW admitting that the Tour has a serious Bluetooth problem yet, or are they still pretending to know nothing about it? Until they admit to the problem, they will never fix.
    Bluetooth works fine. I know about 10 people at work that have them with no problems.

08-18-09 11:37 PM
    VZW doesn't "fix" phones, nor does any other carrier. They only do pass-through warranty exchanges in a manner approved by the manufacturer. If any "admissions" are to be made, it would be by the manufacturer & not the carrier.

While many of us know RIM is the last company to admit problems, I've not noticed or heard about anything wrong with BlackBerry BT - the BT radio on the Tour is the same as the Storm & Bold.

08-19-09 01:12 AM
    I think you all need to start reading some of the other forums if you think the Tour BT is working fine. So none of you with Tours are having the other party ask you to repeat everything that you say? I think not... BT on the Tour sucks. I have already had two of my own, not to mention the truck load of Tours that are being written about on other forums. Its NOT the same BT radio as on the Storm, as I had a Storm when they first came out and BT worked just fine on that device. Nothing else did, but the BT worked great.

BTW, VZW is the responsible party to taking trouble complaints and passing them along to RIM. Anyone that thinks differently should think again.
    08-19-09 01:41 AM
    Wow - you had a Storm, too?

With apologies to PT Barnum, there"s a sucker born every minute... and twice in BlackBerryLand.

But just fir your sake, I did a few Internet searches for BlackBerry Tour Bluetooth Problem, as well as several variations. Came up with pretty much nothing. A load of results for other problems with Tour & even Storm - with the initial search, your duped thread came up in the top five on Google & Yahoo. None above yours showed any Tour-specific issues. I did find some, but BT questions/issues on Storm & Bold were more prevalent.

It is the same BT radio. Tear yours apart, as I have - you will find it is true. Then when you can't put it back together, get another brand that doesn't have all of the problems & QC issues.

For the record, the BT radio on any BlackBerry is mediocre, at best. And as for your assertion that a carrier is responsible for phone problems, I will direct you to BlackBerry.com where the forums are not cluttered with Tour BT issues and there are super-friendly RIM people (NOT) answering questions.

08-19-09 09:11 AM
    I have a question regarding the switching of phones on my account.

I am currently a Verizon customer. I am using a 4-yr old Model LG flip phone. Needing/wanting an upgrade, my girlfriend was nice enough to offer her Blackberry Model 8703e, as she had upgraded to an I-Phone. I eagerly took her up on her offer. Much to my dismay, her Blackberry had Sprint as a carrier.

So my question to you is, once I "unlock" this blackberry from having Sprint as it's current provider, can it be reprogrammed to use my Verizon plan instead? I am already doing the footwork on the unlocking of the phone.

Once I get it unlocked from sprint, what is the next step towards getting it activated with Verizon?
    08-19-09 10:06 AM
    I have a question regarding the switching of phones on my account.

I am currently a Verizon customer. I am using a 4-yr old Model LG flip phone. Needing/wanting an upgrade, my girlfriend was nice enough to offer her Blackberry Model 8703e, as she had upgraded to an I-Phone. I eagerly took her up on her offer. Much to my dismay, her Blackberry had Sprint as a carrier.

So my question to you is, once I "unlock" this blackberry from having Sprint as it's current provider, can it be reprogrammed to use my Verizon plan instead? I am already doing the footwork on the unlocking of the phone.

Once I get it unlocked from sprint, what is the next step towards getting it activated with Verizon?
    You will need to send it to the verizon device certification center. Once tested for compatibility it will be sent back and be able to be activated.

08-19-09 11:59 AM
    i just got a blackberry 8830. The only added app that I have is documents to go and all of my files are on a memory card. I still only have about 7 MB of free space. What can I do to increase this?
    08-19-09 01:55 PM
    I have a few questions...

My GF and I are on two seperate (Verizon) plans and we'd like to combine (transfer her onto my account), is this something simple that can be performed at a Verizon Wireless store?

Also I am due for an upgrade in December ('09) and I wanted to take advantage of the deal with the new BB Tour (buy 1 get 1 free) going on right now.
    Would it be possible (if/after we combine our plans, or she gets transferred onto mine) that we can take advantage of the promotion even though I'm not due until December ('09) and she isn't due April ('10)?
    Would we get charged extra (other than the BB service)?

Thanks, and sorry if this is redundant.
    08-19-09 03:30 PM
    @Mrtropher.... doing the transfer can be done at any time, at a store or via national customer service, without causing any fees. Since you always pay a month in advance for service, she will be credited back a partial month that she'd already paid for but did not use. Her minutes will also be prorated so be sure to check that the prorated minutes will not cause you do go over. When she moves over to your plan, you will also have some proration. My suggestion is to do this whole process the day before your bill cycle is up to cause the least amount of proration strain on your account.

As for the upgrades, your mobile numbers will retain their current upgrade dates. Therefore, you must wait until December and she must wait until April.

My suggestion is that before you make any changes or switch her onto your account, you contact a rep and discuss what you want first because if there is a way to do it, they will figure it out.
    08-19-09 03:51 PM
    My suggestion is that before you make any changes or switch her onto your account, you contact a rep and discuss what you want first because if there is a way to do it, they will figure it out.
    That's kinda the reason I made the post, in the "Ask a VZW rep" thread, is it not?!?!
    By your comment it sounds like you're not a VZW rep... I could be wrong, but you stated that I should contact a rep and discuss what I want. And with my post I did that, I was just waiting for a rep to reply to my post.

Also to clariffy about the combining of accounts/profiles/bills, I was referring to each of us having our individual plans, but billing just to one bill not two. If this makes sense... We don't want to cancel any contracts just combine.
    08-19-09 04:10 PM
    That's kinda the reason I made the post, in the "Ask a VZW rep" thread, is it not?!?!
    By your comment it sounds like you're not a VZW rep... I could be wrong, but you stated that I should contact a rep and discuss what I want. And with my post I did that, I was just waiting for a rep to reply to my post.

Also to clariffy about the combining of accounts/profiles/bills, I was referring to each of us having our individual plans, but billing just to one bill not two. If this makes sense... We don't want to cancel any contracts just combine.
    Well in order for anyone to answer your question as accurately as possible, then you would need to call in. Yes it can be done. No you cannot do it on Crackberry. End Result: Call AOL (assumption of liability) support as well as CS to check on the upgrade eligibility.

Unless of course you want to give someone here your phone number and password so they can "check" on it.
    Last edited by tsguy52; 08-19-09 at 04:16 PM.
    08-19-09 04:14 PM
    Well in order for anyone to answer your question as accurately as possible, then you would need to call in. Yes it can be done. No you cannot do it on Crackberry.
    Exactly - while many here are VZW reps, none are here in any official capacity & VZW doesn't certify the authenticity of anyone's employment status.

A suggestion for everyones' safety, as well - don't ever provide anyone here any of your personal information. Even if you're 110% certain they are a VZW rep, you cannot be certain of their integrity when they are not being tracked/recorded by VZW. This would apply anywhere, regardless of the carrier.

If you need account-specific assistance and you insist on doing it online, use the contact tools @ verizonwireless.com and not any fansite.

I can tell you all of this honestly, because I have not been employed directly by any telco in this millennium - and that includes never being employed by VZW. I am self-employed & would never ask for anything other than basic, generic info here.

08-19-09 04:29 PM
    Exactly - while many here are VZW reps, none are here in any official capacity & VZW doesn't certify the authenticity of anyone's employment status.

A suggestion for everyones' safety, as well - don't ever provide anyone here any of your personal information. Even if you're 110% certain they are a VZW rep, you cannot be certain of their integrity when they are not being tracked/recorded by VZW. This would apply anywhere, regardless of the carrier.

If you need account-specific assistance and you insist on doing it online, use the contact tools @ verizonwireless.com and not any fansite.

I can tell you all of this honestly, because I have not been employed directly by any telco in this millennium - and that includes never being employed by VZW. I am self-employed & would never ask for anything other than basic, generic info here.

Good advice.

08-20-09 10:44 AM
    I'm interested in buying the motorola sholes when it's released AND keep my tour. To switch between the two devices, would I have to constantly change my data plan.

Also

I upgraded to the tour using my $100 NE2. Since verizon lower this discount to $50 and $35, would my future discounts be lowered or was the change for new customers only.

08-20-09 10:51 AM
    Yes
    And
    All customers are impacted

08-20-09 11:55 AM

Yes, you did ask that. But you gave very little information... You didn't tell me that you wanted them both on single line plans. You did not tell me what plan you are currently on or if you get VIP discounts. You did not tell me your mobile numbers. You told me generic information and as I cannot pull up your account I gave you my best generic response. Please do not be rude to me when I am only trying to assist you. Thank you.
    08-20-09 01:28 PM
    Hi,

I got a new BB Tour and was working fine on Verizon. I stay for a longer duration in India due to the nature of my work and I would like to use local carrier for voice as well as data so that I don't have to keep switching from 1XEV to GSM.

Before coming to India, I unlocked my Tour.

I am in India now and able to make & receive voice calls on the local GSM carrier, Reliance. But I am having trouble registering the BB on their network and as a result, I can't get all my emails.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mehul
    08-20-09 02:02 PM
    Before coming to India, I unlocked my Tour.

I am in India now and able to make & receive voice calls on the local GSM carrier, Reliance. But I am having trouble registering the BB on their network and as a result, I can't get all my emails.
    You are using a VZW sourced phone, but unlocked and on a local SIM and account. This is a local (India) carrier issue. The most likely cause is that your Indian network account is not set up for (or network does not support) Blackberry data. You need to contact the local carrier and check the services enabled on your account.
    08-20-09 04:17 PM
5,111 ... 131132133134135 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD