View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Yesterday, I went into BlackBerry App World from my Curve and I got the Spinning Hourglass of Death for a good 10 minutes before I pulled the battery. This happens most times I go in there. Sometimes it only spins for 2 or 3 minutes, and sometimes I run out of time and need to pull the battery. Is this normal behavior? I've only had the BB for a month or so.
    How is your free memory? If you're running close to 12MB free memory (Options, Status) you may not have enough room. BBs do not have enough memory to run a lot of apps and AppWorld isn't the cleanest code out there. A little dirty code and BBs choke.

Is there a way to unlock the GPS on my 8330?I'm with Alltel(Verizon).Can someone help,please?
    No. As I mentioned elsewhere today, the 8330 doesn't have full gps you will need to buy a puck to interface with those gps apps.

Ok, I've had verizon cell phone service for 6+ years and I just upgraded to my first blackberry a few months ago. Lately I've been having issues with service in places that were never a problem before. Could it be because there's something wrong with the phone antenna or does the coverage somehow ''change'' compared to not having a blackberry? It's getting very annoying.
    Thanks
    Melissa
    Nothing different about the service. BBs have some of the worst radios in the business. Get a BB and you end up with less bars in more places.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 03:57 PM
    How is your free memory? If you're running close to 12MB free memory (Options, Status) you may not have enough room. BBs do not have enough memory to run a lot of apps and AppWorld isn't the cleanest code out there. A little dirty code and BBs choke.

No. As I mentioned elsewhere today, the 8330 doesn't have full gps you will need to buy a puck to interface with those gps apps.

Nothing different about the service. BBs have some of the worst radios in the business. Get a BB and you end up with less bars in more places.

Ok, is this a new issue with BBs then?? Because my boyfriend had the Curve and had service where he now does not have service with his Storm...
    And also you are telling me that there is nothing that can be done about it?
    08-16-09 04:40 PM
    I would suggest a signal boosting sticker.
    ? Lol?

08-16-09 04:43 PM
    Ok, is this a new issue with BBs then?? Because my boyfriend had the Curve and had service where he now does not have service with his Storm...
    And also you are telling me that there is nothing that can be done about it?
    40-45% variation right out of the box - they deteriorate from there.

There is something that can be done about it - buy a different brand of phone. Other than that, it is a price you pay with BlackBerry.

08-16-09 09:57 PM
    08-16-09 10:52 PM
    Hey, vzw reps, can you check this out?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/does...ry-now-295401/
    Just did and posted there but in case you don't check that,
    Any charges with tetherberry will be valid. Verizon specifically states that you have to use VZ access manager to tether your berry when on a verizon plan.
    08-17-09 09:20 AM
    Is the VZW access manager part of the 30.00 bucks a month? I am still using the Alltel Axcess manager (I have been switched to VZW) for my tethering and it still works just fine.
    08-17-09 11:11 AM
    Ok I have a unique scenario. I have a weatherbug app that I purchased when I had an old Vx-something a few years back. It has since transferred to my BB. How do I remove the feature. I looked online and didn't see the option anywhere. Thanks
    08-17-09 11:54 AM
    Is the VZW access manager part of the 30.00 bucks a month? I am still using the Alltel Axcess manager (I have been switched to VZW) for my tethering and it still works just fine.
    Depends on the plan. If you have the $29.99 Internet & Email package, its $30.00 a month, if you have the $44.99 corprate package, its $15 a month. basicly tethering will make your data package costs add up to $59.99 total.

Ok I have a unique scenario. I have a weatherbug app that I purchased when I had an old Vx-something a few years back. It has since transferred to my BB. How do I remove the feature. I looked online and didn't see the option anywhere. Thanks
    Options > Advanced Options > Applications > Weatherbug > BB key > Delete
    08-17-09 01:14 PM
    That won't work as I didn't download it from a BB, but from a GIN some years ago. Its tied to my number as a subscription. Thanks though I'll try CS.
    08-17-09 02:12 PM
    You will probably be able to use the Alltel software with no issuse at all, however if you ever need to call in for troubleshooting VZW will require that you have the VZ Access Manager. It is free to download @ vzam.net
    08-17-09 03:34 PM
    When will Verizon unlock the GPS on the blackberry phones? Will the Tour or new Curve that is rumored have unlocked GPS?
    08-17-09 05:38 PM
    ^^^you can't be serious :O

08-17-09 05:40 PM
    I am having trouble accessing the calculator on my Blackberry. Sometimes it's there on applications and sometimes it's not.

What am I doing wrong?
    08-17-09 06:01 PM
    When will Verizon unlock the GPS on the blackberry phones? Will the Tour or new Curve that is rumored have unlocked GPS?
    Obviously you do not read.

The storm, Flip Pearl, Tour, all have GPS unlocked as will all BB's in the furture.
    08-17-09 07:18 PM
    I recently purchased a storm from an individual and activated it on vzw. I am on an old alltel plan, and am having strange problems with the gps. It will not find a sat in my local area. If I travel to the next town over the gps starts working. I had a curve on alltel before, and have everything set up properly so that the gps should work. I have spent hours on the computer, and hours on the phone with vzw rep. No luck. I have manually updated the prl, the home SID, the OS, the gps IP address, and performed several wipes. The vzw reps have told me that the only thing that they think that will work is to change to a verizon plan. (extra $30 from my current plan) Does anyone know anything that I can try to get the gps to work?
    08-17-09 08:41 PM
    Just wanted to say I've been a verizon customer since around 2001, and just recently had my first problem with them over a text message misunderstanding. As a result, I plan on firing them as soon as my contract is up. Verizon apparently doesn't give a care about customer service.
    08-18-09 02:40 PM
    Just wanted to say I've been a Verizon customer since around 2001, and just recently had my first problem with them over a text message misunderstanding. As a result, I plan on firing them as soon as my contract is up. Verizon apparently doesn't give a care about customer service.
    Thanks for all the details! Glad we could help.

08-18-09 02:43 PM
    Just wanted to say I've been a verizon customer since around 2001, and just recently had my first problem with them over a text message misunderstanding. As a result, I plan on firing them as soon as my contract is up. Verizon apparently doesn't give a care about customer service.
    I totally agree! If I had known someone for almost 9 years and we had a disagreement I would kill them. Makes sense.
    08-18-09 03:20 PM
    I recently purchased a storm from an individual and activated it on vzw. I am on an old alltel plan, and am having strange problems with the gps. It will not find a sat in my local area. If I travel to the next town over the gps starts working. I had a curve on alltel before, and have everything set up properly so that the gps should work. I have spent hours on the computer, and hours on the phone with vzw rep. No luck. I have manually updated the prl, the home SID, the OS, the gps IP address, and performed several wipes. The vzw reps have told me that the only thing that they think that will work is to change to a verizon plan. (extra $30 from my current plan) Does anyone know anything that I can try to get the gps to work?
    Don't do it - the Storm GPS is not plan or network dependent.

Your Curve was aGPS only - it couldn't lock onto anything without network support. Alltel allowed this connection, in most areas, while VZW did not.

Your Storm is autonomous, with network assistance. It should work even without a network signal.

A number of factors can affect GPS signals - weather, terrain, magnetic fields. These could be your problem now, while you had no trouble with your Curve, since it was fully assisted amplifying the issue is the Storm GPS isn't the most sensitive out there - it is in the low-end for sensitivity, even. You may need the aGPS capability - also on your Storm - but unless you're using only BBM or VZNav, you will get network assist from VZW.

Another possibility may be that the GPS on your Storm is actually failing - whether that is warrantable or even if your particular device is even under warranty (since you're not the original purchaser), is up for discussion by someone other than me.

08-18-09 03:29 PM
    hello PBIR, I am not a VZW CSR, but I have a few questions for you. This thread is entitled "Ask a VZW Rep" so what was your question? Next could/would you elaborate on your "text message misunderstanding"? and finally, please remember that "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar". If this question/problem would being presented to you, would you help someone who was conveying your questions and attitude?
    08-18-09 03:38 PM
    If this question/problem would being presented to you, would you help someone who was conveying your questions and attitude?
    It doesn't appear as if resolution was what he was looking for.

08-18-09 03:52 PM
    Hi
    I have 4 lines on a family plan.
    Three have BB.
    Two of the BB are eligible for upgrades.
    If I do buy one, get one free and get Tours to put on these two elligible lines and one decides they want to go back to previous BB (Storm), will this be allowed?

I hope that was clear. Thanks for any help.
    08-18-09 04:00 PM
    It doesn't appear as if resolution was what he was looking for.

Somehow that doesn't surprise me.
    08-18-09 04:22 PM
    hello PBIR, I am not a VZW CSR, but I have a few questions for you. This thread is entitled "Ask a VZW Rep" so what was your question? Next could/would you elaborate on your "text message misunderstanding"? and finally, please remember that "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar". If this question/problem would being presented to you, would you help someone who was conveying your questions and attitude?
    My post was more in response to the poll actually. When the problem occured I spent about 2 hours on the phone with various people at verizon during several different phone calls. They had plenty of chances to do the right thing and declined. It's well past the honey part of the equation.
    08-18-09 07:33 PM
5,111 ... 130131132133134 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD