View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    will vzw ever get rollover minutes? I mean I pay for 450 but average 350 monthly. I already paid for the 450 yet the unused minutes are taken away. Highway robbery if you ask me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Highway robbery? Please tell us how. Where you not aware that the minutes are use or loose when you signed up for your contract?

Why do you want rollover minutes if you only use 350 minutes a month. If you want rollover minutes so bad, go to AT&T.

08-14-09 04:58 PM
    Highway robbery? Please tell us how. Where you not aware that the minutes are use or loose when you signed up for your contract?

Why do you want rollover minutes if you only use 350 minutes a month. If you want rollover minutes so bad, go to AT&T.

Its still a scam is all Im saying. Im NOT getting what I PAID for. That is my only complaint with VZW, other then that Im completely content.

Its like this: you paid for $20 in gas at shell this week but only used $15 of it, so now shell is gonna take that $5 since you didnt use it and paid for it. That doesnt seem fair does it?

Regardless of contract, its still unfair, however I was just asking a valid question....not complaining.

Ive been with VZW for probably 10 years...
    Last edited by luniz7; 08-14-09 at 05:44 PM.
    08-14-09 05:42 PM
    If you do NOT have the package for the VZNav, can you still use the GPS functions without being charged?

Thanks
    08-14-09 07:26 PM
    If you do NOT have the package for the VZNav, can you still use the GPS functions without being charged?

Thanks
    I think just blackberry maps is all you can use. Maybe google maps, but I use VZNav so I am not 100% sure.

08-14-09 07:45 PM
    I think just blackberry maps is all you can use. Maybe google maps, but I use VZNav so I am not 100% sure.

You are corect.

With OS 4.5.0.77, you can use VZNav and BB maps.
    08-14-09 08:06 PM
    So, Google Maps is okay but any application that accesses my GPS will get me charged?
    08-14-09 08:12 PM

Thanks
    It depends on what phone you have. With BB, only the Tour and Storm have full gps. But you don't get charged either way. If you don't have a Storm or Tour then you don't have gps access except for vznav ($9.99) or bbmaps (free).

08-14-09 08:37 PM
    You're paying for up to 450 minutes. Also, it sounds like you'd never use the rollover minutes.

Well every couple months I go over my 450, however they did give me 500 bonus minutes
    08-14-09 11:04 PM
    I just updated system and my Japanese fonts are gone. How do I installed them back? I have 8330 with v4.5.0.138

Thanks in advance!
    08-15-09 12:48 AM
    Well every couple months I go over my 450, however they did give me 500 bonus minutes
    Keep in mind that if you find yourself trending up and get a hold of us before the end of the bill cycle, we can usually help you out in some way. Besides, it's not like you can keep the rollover minutes forever. You need to use them within a specific timeframe.

Consider this. For several months, you use less than your allotment. Then for several months, you use close to your entire allotment. Then, one month, you just plain go over. Way over. The rollover minutes you had before no longer count, so you still pay the same overage. Honestly, the one year bonus minutes you refer to are far more useful in a pinch, as you have much longer to use them.

From what I've seen, people have a set range of minutes they use each month, and don't deviate too far up or down unless major changes are going on in their lives. (In which case, it's time for a plan change.) Humans are creatures of habit and nothing will change that. And if you really deviate that far up, as long as you get a hold of us before the bill cycles, we can fix it for you. Simple as that.

And hey, if you really feel that bad about those extra minutes going to waste, may I suggest giving an old friend a surprise call?
    08-15-09 05:03 AM
    Does anyone have an idea when the official blackberry messenger 5.0 will be released for verizon users
    08-15-09 09:00 AM
    Does anyone have an idea when the official blackberry messenger 5.0 will be released for verizon users
    Not sure it has been released for any carrier yet. Keep on an eye on the forums though. Rumors will abound and confirmations when it does happen.
    08-15-09 09:13 AM
    can someone please send me a bbm 5.0 ota link for the bold?
    08-15-09 11:19 AM
    You might want to ask RIM when it will be released, period. It is not in release, yet - only limited beta, which was recently pulled due to issues. Alas, the leaked copies are still out there, wreaking havoc.

can someone please send me a bbm 5.0 ota link for the bold?
    What part of Ask A VZW Rep makes you think there is support for Bold here?

Well, okay - since you're obviously lost, here you go:

BlackBerry Messenger 5.0

08-15-09 11:36 AM
    What part of Ask A VZW Rep makes you think there is support for Bold here?
    Because we are so much better here
    08-15-09 11:43 AM
    Hi I bought a pearl 4 months ago and the trackball has suddenly decided to stop clicking, can i go to any vzw store with this problem and what will they do for me?
    08-15-09 03:11 PM
    I am at my wit's end with Verizon to be honest. Y'all here are my last hope. I would really like to have a nice chat with an honest Verizon rep who is higher up on the food chain, because after all the lies I've been told from my local store and then customer service's "I'm very sorry for the misinformation you have received but rest assured our reps are well trained and do not mean to pass on misinformation, therefore there is nothing I can do to further help you", I'm about ready to pay the $600 and suffer with AT&T.

I'm giving it a last chance on here because y'all seem to know more than the average Verizon rep or are in a higher position ... something. If you wanna chat about my issue and actually try to help, PM me.

For the record, I'm not having service problems, I'm not trying to get into the latest and greatest BB, or even get out of my contract. I just want someone to help me not have to buy three flippin' phones at one time! With two of us being smartphone users for work purposes (but not BES nor employer paid) and the economy, I cannot afford three new phones at one time, end of story. Can anyone help???
    08-15-09 03:25 PM
    Hi I bought a pearl 4 months ago and the trackball has suddenly decided to stop clicking, can i go to any vzw store with this problem and what will they do for me?
    Yes, they will fix it or replace it under warranty as long you got it from them or an authorized agent of VZW.

08-15-09 05:21 PM
    My wife gets an employee discount through her job. We have gone through about 3 billing cycles and still no discount. How long is this suppose to take??

Thank you in advance for your time!
    08-15-09 10:07 PM
    If the account is in her name it should be done by now. If its in your name, never.

08-15-09 11:13 PM
    I didn't want to post this cuz I hate bashing any type of BBerry, but I can't take my Storm anymore. The screen stops responding VERY often, at first I had to do restarts, which led to battery pulls. In the beginning (2 days after I got it) it happened about once every two weeks, then every week, then every day, now I find myself pulling the bat several times a day. I had hoped that there would be a fix with the new OS, but nothing there. I have the ins, but am hesitent just because I hate to get a new pin. Any thoughts besides a swap? I'm thinking of getting out of the touch screen all together if you agree that the storm sucks.

Thanks for any info bud!
    08-15-09 11:51 PM
    Yes, that is part of the issue. By the time his contract date rolls around, my son WILL need a new phone. But at that point, I'm being told that we will ALL have to get new phones, all have to move to a Verizon plan together, and only the line do the upgrade will have a promotional price, the other two have to pay retail for those phones.

Its not necessary to upgrade all three phones a once, if that's the issue.

08-16-09 08:18 AM
    Yesterday, I went into BlackBerry App World from my Curve and I got the Spinning Hourglass of Death for a good 10 minutes before I pulled the battery. This happens most times I go in there. Sometimes it only spins for 2 or 3 minutes, and sometimes I run out of time and need to pull the battery. Is this normal behavior? I've only had the BB for a month or so.
    08-16-09 10:37 AM
    Is there a way to unlock the GPS on my 8330?I'm with Alltel(Verizon).Can someone help,please?
    08-16-09 11:02 AM
    Ok, I've had verizon cell phone service for 6+ years and I just upgraded to my first blackberry a few months ago. Lately I've been having issues with service in places that were never a problem before. Could it be because there's something wrong with the phone antenna or does the coverage somehow ''change'' compared to not having a blackberry? It's getting very annoying.
    Thanks
    Melissa
    08-16-09 01:33 PM
5,111 ... 129130131132133 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD