View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Wow, Matt - really reaching there, aren't you?

Okay gang - I'd say that's enough. This is the Ask a Rep thread - not Roast the Storytellers. Can we return to the topic at hand & move on?

Imagine that - me, of all people, asking to return to topic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 02:33 AM
    Why doesnt any picture in my emails show up ? I have had one show up that a friend sent me but all others, the pic is never there? Also, if and when i put ringtones on there , will they automaticly go to the right place on my bb? Please and thankyou !
    08-13-09 07:45 AM
    I have been working on getting a golf rangefinder app for my new curve and everyone of the best programs say that they do not work with Verizon. The app works with the same model with other companies, but not VZW. I called the customer support line and the only thing they could tell me was that VZW has locked all Curve models from using 3rd part GPS products, but that they allow use of these same apps with the Storm and Tour. Why is this and what can I do to get what I need. Thanks
    08-13-09 12:26 PM
    O.k. I am an Alltel switchover still on an Alltel plan with Alltel equipment.

I have one plan with 3 lines. Two of the lines are out of contract and one (the primary data phone) is not and does not expire until Aug of 2010. I would like to buy all new phones and switch the entire plan over to VZW.

Will VZW work with me on switching that one phone over before Aug? I do not want two plans on two different Networks.

Long time Alltel customer (13 years) with no billing issues whatsoever.
    08-13-09 12:36 PM
    @ Z06PSI... FCC regulations on the Alltel/Verizon conversions states that they cannot mess with your account until the conversion in your area is complete. My suggestion is to wait until then and contact customer service about an upgrade.
    08-13-09 03:53 PM
    The conversion has happened and I am wanting to know if VZW will help me out of the contract early for the phone sill in contract.
    08-13-09 05:59 PM
    @ Z06PSI... FCC regulations on the Alltel/Verizon conversions states that they cannot mess with your account until the conversion in your area is complete. My suggestion is to wait until then and contact customer service about an upgrade.
    Please...what do they mean by "until the conversion in your area is complete"? Billing conversion...tower conversion...both?
    08-13-09 06:13 PM
    The conversion has happened and I am wanting to know if VZW will help me out of the contract early for the phone sill in contract.
    So you are still in a contract and you want out early? Why would they do this? Or want to do this?
    08-13-09 06:35 PM
    In a contract on one phone of three. Don't treat me as some kid or Obama supporter trying to get over. I am trying to switch to a VZW plan and phones and want to know if they will forgive the one last contract so I can do so. Plain and simple.

I thought this was the place to ask a Verizon person a question not to get lambasted over a personal decision. If you are not here to help or give advice from a VZW point of view then please get out of my question. Thanks!
    08-13-09 07:27 PM
    Call customer service and ask. That was hard. Good day.
    08-13-09 07:31 PM
    So is it dependent on who I get a hold of or was there a standardized policy established for migrating customers?
    08-13-09 07:57 PM
    I don't know. The way that Lady K put it it sounds like it is a standard policy but I have no idea. And some CSR's may not. You can call and ask for a supervisor because it sounds like you're trying pretty hard to get this working. How far out from that upgrade are you?
    08-13-09 08:26 PM
    O.k. I am an Alltel switchover still on an Alltel plan with Alltel equipment.

I have one plan with 3 lines. Two of the lines are out of contract and one (the primary data phone) is not and does not expire until Aug of 2010. I would like to buy all new phones and switch the entire plan over to VZW.

Will VZW work with me on switching that one phone over before Aug? I do not want two plans on two different Networks.

Long time Alltel customer (13 years) with no billing issues whatsoever.
    Don't listen to some of the above, for they do not know what they are talking about.

Yes, call them. What I predict happening is simple - either they move you over with two new phones & your existing device or they will offer you an early upgrade for that one line. I know of several people who were with Alltel who were moved over to VZW billing AND plans who kept one or more phones.

Yes, folks - there are many who are better off on a VZW plan, rather than Alltel.

Former Alltel customers in conversion areas are now VZW customers, with billing history & records intact. Just call 611, explain what you want to do, then let them work some account magic for you. It really isn't difficult.

And I really pray you aren't one of THEM (Obama supporters, that is). If you are, trade in that Vette NOW for an Aveo.

08-13-09 08:56 PM
    How far out from that upgrade are you?

11 months till the end of the contract. So I would guess 9 months from the upgrade policy.
    08-13-09 09:29 PM
    Don't listen to some of the above, for they do not know what they are talking about.

Yes, call them. What I predict happening is simple - either they move you over with two new phones & your existing device or they will offer you an early upgrade for that one line. I know of several people who were with Alltel who were moved over to VZW billing AND plans who kept one or more phones.

Yes, folks - there are many who are better off on a VZW plan, rather than Alltel.

Former Alltel customers in conversion areas are now VZW customers, with billing history & records intact. Just call 611, explain what you want to do, then let them work some account magic for you. It really isn't difficult.

And I really pray you aren't one of THEM (Obama supporters, that is). If you are, trade in that Vette NOW for an Aveo.

Well the Alltel plan with the VZW tethering gets me to 196.00 a month. If I
    change over to VZW with a new family plan and they apply my 15% military discount then I will be around 180.00 a month. I know it is only 16 dollars a month but I will get new devices (A Tour) and get on VZW network for good and stop being the ******* child who was on a Alltel network but now lives in a VZW dominated area (D.C.)

The vette is not going anywhere and he can have it after.......... well you can finish that.
    08-13-09 09:33 PM
    Ugh, I want out of service, its been 20 days, I have yet to mail in my rebate, so if I return the phone (tour) will I get all my money back, and how much do I have to pay for restocking fees?
    08-14-09 12:32 AM
    Yes, as far as I know 35$ for restocking.
    What are you having issues with?
    08-14-09 08:47 AM
    Ugh, I want out of service, its been 20 days, I have yet to mail in my rebate, so if I return the phone (tour) will I get all my money back, and how much do I have to pay for restocking fees?
    Well your carrier says you are with ATT.

IF you are with VZW you can go with the 30 WFG - there will be $35 restock fee.
    08-14-09 08:47 AM
    What if I just want to switch to another phone, can i just stay on V and get a new phone without paying the restocking fee.
    08-14-09 02:55 PM
    If you switch devices, I beleive there is a re-stocking for the one you are turning. Once you are past the 30 days though- you are locked into the contract.
    08-14-09 03:29 PM
    If you return the phone and cancel your service I thought you did not get charged the re stocking fee. The re stocking fee is only if you exchange for another phone.

08-14-09 04:29 PM
    will vzw ever get rollover minutes? I mean I pay for 450 but average 350 monthly. I already paid for the 450 yet the unused minutes are taken away. Highway robbery if you ask me.

08-14-09 05:03 PM
    Please...what do they mean by "until the conversion in your area is complete"? Billing conversion...tower conversion...both?
    I'm not really sure but the conversion of accounts from Alltel systems over to Verizon systems is what I'm basically talking about. It's not my department really so I don't know if they're doing towers or anything. Where I live there were so few Alltel customers that it wasn't really anything we were advised of.
    08-14-09 05:11 PM
    I'm not really sure but the conversion of accounts from Alltel systems over to Verizon systems is what I'm basically talking about. It's not my department really so I don't know if they're doing towers or anything. Where I live there were so few Alltel customers that it wasn't really anything we were advised of.
    Thanks...I appreciate the response. I live in an area where Alltel had the much larger footprint. I've been told the strength of that footprint was antenna sharing with Sprint. The Sprint towers are no longer part of the equation...and neither are the Verizon towers (yet?). Unfortunately, the local VZW stores here haven't been advised of the situation, but the stores are full of folks trying to get their signal back. If you want a good signal where I live you have to change your plan to a VZW plan. Things could be worse...
    08-14-09 05:43 PM
    I have decided to start a thread in which you can ask all your questions/inquiries/concerns within this very thread.

We will attempt to answer as best and as fast as possible.

If you don't feel comfortable asking within the forums, you can always email me or PIN me. Please be sure to state that you are from CB when requesting PIN messaging.

Disclaimer: All opinions and postings are my own thoughts and opinions and in no way reflect the policies, terms and conditions, or should be taken as an agreement or binding contract between you and Verizon Wireless. I am not in any way resposible or liable for any information or opinions I may give you.

Due to conflicting information, if you are going to provide any information, please back it up with LINKS/SOURCES!!!

Hello. I have bought a BB 8330 and got it flashed from Verizon to MetroPCS recently. I have called Verizon to see about the ESN and was told that the person that had it before me has the ESN listed as lost/stolen (they even gave me the guys name). I explained to them that I got the phone from a cellular store in a nice area (The Grove) and was told that all I have to do is flash it and get it activated....long story short...I would like to know IF Verizon would ever release the ESN or whatever the term is to make it a full MetroPCS handheld or am I just stuck with what I have.
    08-14-09 05:44 PM
5,111 ... 128129130131132 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD