View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    my question is , do verizon reps get to chose any phone they want prior to working for the company or they pay for it ?
    08-09-09 01:12 PM
    Looking into purchasing a new Tour today and I have one quick question.

Does the $29.99 "Email and Web" plan include unlimited blackberry IMs?
    Blackberry Messenger, AIM, YIM, WLM and Google Talk come preinstalled on the newer BB's. If you download the app from a website (say AIM from aol.com), it would be billed as texts. If you use the app that came installed or download it from BB App World, it's part of your data plan.
    08-09-09 01:53 PM
    my question is , do verizon reps get to chose any phone they want prior to working for the company or they pay for it ?
    Once you are emplyed, you can get any phne you like, and you have to pay for it. We usualy get one year pricing, sometimes better. It is the discount on service and benefits that make it all worth while
    08-09-09 06:01 PM
    Once you are emplyed, you can get any phne you like, and you have to pay for it. We usualy get one year pricing, sometimes better. It is the discount on service and benefits that make it all worth while
    The pay has nothing to do with it, right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 06:41 PM
    Blackberry Messenger, AIM, YIM, WLM and Google Talk come preinstalled on the newer BB's. If you download the app from a website (say AIM from aol.com), it would be billed as texts. If you use the app that came installed or download it from BB App World, it's part of your data plan.
    Not true. The only time you get billed as texts is if you somehow got a dumbphone version on your BB.

08-09-09 06:44 PM
    Take a look at your bill...
    You might be paying for it...
    You might have a free month...
    You might be lucky as sh*t...
    It's a corporate account... we have over 200 lines... looked at the bill and didn't notice any tethering fee but maybe it is free for one month since I just activated this phone?
    would like to be lucky as sh*t though!
    08-10-09 09:22 AM
    i am new to crackberry so please be patient with me.

i have a 8330. VZW sucks with the upgrades (OS 4.5.0.77).

1. Is there a newer version for me. I'm greedy and want to use BBM 5.0?

2. I tried to upload BBM 5.0 (successful upload), but my OS (4.5.0.77) is not compatible & it won't run. I lost my original version need to re-install until a resolution is found to get bbm 5.0.
    08-10-09 10:08 AM
    i am new to crackberry so please be patient with me.

i have a 8330. VZW sucks with the upgrades (OS 4.5.0.77).

1. Is there a newer version for me. I'm greedy and want to use BBM 5.0?

2. I tried to upload BBM 5.0 (successful upload), but my OS (4.5.0.77) is not compatible & it won't run. I lost my original version need to re-install until a resolution is found to get bbm 5.0.
    Why not wait until BBM5 is actually released and not in beta?

08-10-09 11:51 AM
    Not true. The only time you get billed as texts is if you somehow got a dumbphone version on your BB.

From what I've seen the people who come in with crazy overages downloaded IM clients from the sites.
    08-10-09 02:01 PM
    good evening...

is anyone having problems PINning or adding a contact in BBM between vzw and at&t?

i have two people who use at&t and i'm on vzw...i've entered my PIN directly into their phones and they mine and NOTHING...please advise/help.

thanks.
    08-10-09 11:49 PM
    Do they have BB data plans?

08-11-09 12:26 AM
    they do have BB data...

Do they have BB data plans?

08-11-09 12:28 AM
    Hi I bougth a storm from craiglist and I will move to mexico this fall I all ready call a carrier in mexico to see if they can activated my storm? they said they can if its whit verizon... I just want to know if its truth and how can I release my esn and be ready to leave
    08-11-09 05:34 AM
    Can u get a family plan with blackberries and if so how does it work,?

08-11-09 04:45 PM
    You have to add $29.99 per blackberry what is on your family plan.

08-11-09 05:34 PM
    I currently just have a single plan but i want to add my fiance to the plan. Can I switch it to a family plan and add a line with an additional blackberry for the extra 30 a month as well as the increase it is for the family plan?
    08-11-09 05:45 PM
    Yes, once you change over to a family plan you will pan $29.99 over the plan price for each blackberry on your plan.

08-11-09 08:39 PM
    Probably a dumb question-but is there a way online for me to see any kind of deal I cam get on upgrading my phone? Also, I'm fairly certain my husband is due for an upgrade also. Point me in the right direction?

08-11-09 09:38 PM
    All this can be seen on your VZW account online. If it is confusing, just call them and they can let you know of available upgrade and pricing.
    08-11-09 09:44 PM
    Verizon is required by law to release you from contract (and clear your esn) if they can no longer provide service to you. You need to advise customer care 30 days befor you leave the States
    Sorry, but there is no law requiring this, that I have ever seen. It is in the VZW contract and there are multiple carriers who do not include this stipulation.

Each carrier has their own policies regarding moves out of a service area. Some are in the contract, while some are not. Some are on a case-by-case basis.

And if you do get out this way under the terms of the contract, there is nothing that says they have to release the ESN.

You may want to research the laws before you start quoting them.

08-11-09 09:49 PM
    Sorry, but there is no law requiring this, that I have ever seen. It is in the VZW contract and there are multiple carriers who do not include this stipulation.

Each carrier has their own policies regarding moves out of a service area. Some are in the contract, while some are not. Some are on a case-by-case basis.

And if you do get out this way under the terms of the contract, there is nothing that says they have to release the ESN.

You may want to research the laws before you start quoting them.

I was just off researching that very claim and you beat me to it. I found nothing in support of msherro's claim either. People need to check before they spread this kind of misinformation. How many other things do they say that are false?

08-11-09 09:59 PM
    Verizon is required by law to release you from contract (and clear your esn) if they can no longer provide service to you. You need to advise customer care 30 days befor you leave the States

Please quote this law? We can provide service in mexico, there is roaming and now we have Nationwide + Mexico.
    08-12-09 03:39 PM
    Please quote this law?
    Many people are waiting for that very thing. I know I am. Come on msherro, esq. We are waiting.

08-12-09 08:30 PM
    I think this post may help those of you who are waiting
    08-13-09 12:34 AM
    Anybody ever hear of this (feel free to check with you local attorney general)

You cannont legally obligate me to continue in a contract wherein you can no longer provide the agreed upon services in the agreed upon fashion. Your redress in that situation is to renegotiate the terms of the contract. If your new offer is not amenable to me then my recourse is to be able to walk away without penalty.

Man, you grasp at straws while you further push any credibility you may have had right into the crapper. Your thought might have something if verizon were no longer offering service in the area, but the guy is willingly leaving the home service area. With your illogical and farsical thought process, I should be able to renege on my big screen TV if I were to move to Europe where PAL rules the airwaves instead of NTSC and I should be allowed to take my TV with me!

It is obvious you are a poseur. You don't work for verizon and your action and words mimic someone else here with your ludicrous statements and anti-company statements. . Where is smachart when I need him?

08-13-09 01:08 AM
5,111 ... 127128129130131 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD