View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    will it be a refurbished one?? an can i got to the store??
    Probably and no.
    08-06-09 08:47 PM
    Is anyone else experiencing sadness over becoming a Verizon customer by way of Alltel acquisition? Our bill has almost doubled for the same service since the official switch was made from Alltel to Verizon!!!! I'm going to go to the store to discuss this with them, but the $ we are spending on phones is ridiculous--$101 per month to $195 and w/ less my circle # Scared to changes service providers, because we have always gotten great reception. Anyone else have the same delimma?
    08-07-09 07:09 AM
    Is anyone else experiencing sadness over becoming a Verizon customer by way of Alltel acquisition? Our bill has almost doubled for the same service since the official switch was made from Alltel to Verizon!!!! I'm going to go to the store to discuss this with them, but the $ we are spending on phones is ridiculous--$101 per month to $195 and w/ less my circle # Scared to changes service providers, because we have always gotten great reception. Anyone else have the same delimma?
    Did you change to VZW price plans? If so your first bill could be quite a bit higher, you are billied one month in advance. ALL carriers that I know do this. the next one will be much less, if this is the case.
    08-07-09 07:39 AM
    The only way your bill would change is if YOU made changes to it. No delimma there!
    08-07-09 10:29 AM
    I applied for the 20% discount offered to corporate employees. Just got a decline email - they say because I'm on an alltel plan I'm not eligible for the Verizon discount.

This doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I'm a verizon customer. With Alltel I got/get a 10% discount. Why wouldn't this automatically convert to 20%?

Moving to a Verizon plan would end up costing me more even with the discount, so that's not gonna happen...

Insight appreciated...no issues with VZW up to now....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 12:52 PM
    I applied for the 20% discount offered to corporate employees. Just got a decline email - they say because I'm on an alltel plan I'm not eligible for the Verizon discount.

This doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I'm a verizon customer. With Alltel I got/get a 10% discount. Why wouldn't this automatically convert to 20%?

Moving to a Verizon plan would end up costing me more even with the discount, so that's not gonna happen...

Insight appreciated...no issues with VZW up to now....

System sees that you are not a VZW plan. Has your area been full converted yet as well? This might have something to do with it.
    08-07-09 12:58 PM
    System sees that you are not a VZW plan. Has your area been full converted yet as well? This might have something to do with it.
    I thought we were fully converted....how would I know?

08-07-09 01:27 PM
    Has nothing to do with conversion.

The employer contract gives a 20% discount on Verizon Wireless plans. They also seem to have a contract with AllTel for 10% of their plans. You get one or the other.

08-07-09 01:40 PM
    Ok here is the situation:

1. I have a BB Storm from Verizon
    2. I don't pay for Tethering
    3. Tethering works fine using VZAccess Manager

How is this possible???
    08-07-09 01:42 PM
    Ok here is the situation:

1. I have a BB Storm from Verizon
    2. I don't pay for Tethering
    3. Tethering works fine using VZAccess Manager

How is this possible???
    Take a look at your bill...
    You might be paying for it...
    You might have a free month...
    You might be lucky as sh*t...
    08-07-09 01:54 PM
    I bet he got the free month and has been paying for it. This I have seen happen, as after the freee month one must call and have it removed.
    08-07-09 03:23 PM
    Is there any way to view and send SMS messages from Verizon's website or any other method? When I'm at a client's I have absolutely no signal, and it would be helpful to be able to view my text messages from a pc.
    08-08-09 12:01 AM
    Is there any way to view and send SMS messages from Verizon's website or any other method? When I'm at a client's I have absolutely no signal, and it would be helpful to be able to view my text messages from a pc.
    Not possible.

08-08-09 12:47 AM
    You can send, but not receive

08-08-09 01:14 AM
    Aghhh you beat me to it!

We see that it happened at the same exact time, you still get positive creds
    08-08-09 10:47 AM
    Has nothing to do with conversion.

The employer contract gives a 20% discount on QUALIFYING Verizon Wireless plans. They also seem to have a contract with AllTel for 10% of their plans. You get one or the other.

Fixed.... Some plans don't qualify for the discount, ie. unlimited plan, nationwide plus Canada/Mexico plans, some loyalty plans don't qualify....
    08-08-09 10:49 AM
    my tour takes about 20 min to reboot should i bring it in?
    08-08-09 03:11 PM
    Is 20 mins realistic or hyperbole?

If it's realistic then yes!
    08-08-09 05:23 PM
    Previous information was incorrect. You can send and receive at vtext.com as long as you're logged into your MyVerizon account.
    08-08-09 06:03 PM
    I have a family plan with 5 lines and we only use 3 of the 5 lines , the other 2 just sit in the closet and I pay for them every month because I am a good boy and honor my contract The contracts on 2 of the lines are were up on 7-26 and 7-31 with my billing cycle ending on the 28th. So of course I waited until both contracts were up so I could call and cancel them both at the same time. They are giving me grief and saying that even if I cancel today they cannot credit any of the billed $171 due currently due because it is billed in advance. I am fully aware that they bill in advance but I find it funny that if I change any other service on my account they will credit and bill the difference

Anyways its not that big of a deal but I was expecting to cancel those 2 lines and receive a credit before I paid my bill. Is that truly not possible and I really have to pay for these 2 lines for yet 1 more month sitting in the closet unused? I havent used either of them in more than six months and now I am getting frustrated that they are sucking one more month out of me
    Last edited by GrandMasterB; 08-08-09 at 09:58 PM.
    08-08-09 09:35 PM
    Yes, you would be liable for it.

Per the Customer Agreement you signed:

All terminations by you during a monthly billing cycle become effective on the last day of that billing cycle. You'll remain responsible for all fees and charges incurred until then and won't be entitled to any partial–month credits or refunds
    08-08-09 10:16 PM
    Yes, you would be liable for it.

Per the Customer Agreement you signed:
    Ok thanks for the reply. I figured that was the case 'officially'. Guess I was just expecting a little more leniency considering how good they are about other ajustments and credits for everything else.

Thanks again!
    08-08-09 10:27 PM
    I have a family plan with 5 lines and we only use 3 of the 5 lines , the other 2 just sit in the closet and I pay for them every month because I am a good boy and honor my contract The contracts on 2 of the lines are were up on 7-26 and 7-31 with my billing cycle ending on the 28th. So of course I waited until both contracts were up so I could call and cancel them both at the same time. They are giving me grief and saying that even if I cancel today they cannot credit any of the billed $171 due currently due because it is billed in advance. I am fully aware that they bill in advance but I find it funny that if I change any other service on my account they will credit and bill the difference

Anyways its not that big of a deal but I was expecting to cancel those 2 lines and receive a credit before I paid my bill. Is that truly not possible and I really have to pay for these 2 lines for yet 1 more month sitting in the closet unused? I havent used either of them in more than six months and now I am getting frustrated that they are sucking one more month out of me
    Now the sad thing is, if you'd called ahead of time & explained the situation, they might have let you cancel effective the end of the billing cycle.

Alternately, and I may be wrong on this as I am not current with ETF provisions, if you'd canceled a couple days in advance & have been billed a month's worth of ETF per line. This is where I may be wrong, but that ETF should have been what, $5 per line?

If the last figure is correct, I'd probably call them back, explain the situation & if they don't credit you, ask them to meet you halfway.

At the minimum, don't let them soak you for text plans or anything else not under contract.

08-09-09 01:22 AM
    Looking into purchasing a new Tour today and I have one quick question.

Does the $29.99 "Email and Web" plan include unlimited blackberry IMs?
    08-09-09 10:08 AM
    Yes that is included!
    08-09-09 11:14 AM
5,111 ... 126127128129130 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD