View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    I have to be honest. Even though I work in the industry, I hardly talk on my cell phone at all.

My first phones were both of the prepaid persuasion. The second one was Virgin Mobile, which, if used right, could get me by 3 months on a mere $20.

How? Well, I suspect it's my phone habits. If I call somebody on a phone, it's usually to arrange meeting them in person. I rarely just sit and chat on the phone. I'm usually on for less than a minute. Me, my husband, and brother, collectively, use 100-300 minutes monthly. And most of that usage is my brother dealing with a rather irritating co-worker.
    08-01-09 04:52 AM
    One of my friends showed me one of his bills:

That is over 19 straight days of talk time in one month. Ridiculous!

I have att now, and am considering switching.
    I want a family plan w/ data and messaging for 1 blackberry and 2 reg phones.
    If I choose the 'connect' family plan, will the data and messaging include the blackberry, or will I need to add a blackberry plan to the family connect plan also?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If the 2 reg phones need the data usage put them on the Connect and add your line in with the Select plan. BB's won't go on actual Connect lines. Then you have to add in either your $29.99 or $44.99 bb package.
    08-01-09 09:06 AM
    Does VZW cripple OBEX? I just downloaded BlueFTP and can't get it to open.

08-01-09 10:07 AM
    Wow! My brother and I used a total of 78 minutes last month. Most people we know are on Verizon but neither of us talk on the phone much anyway. I wish Verizon had a family minute plan less than 700!
    If you call VZW and ask for the non advertised plan, they have a 550 minute plan that will save you $10 a month

08-01-09 10:11 AM
    I have a Blackberry 8830WE with verizon. It keeps changeing from 1XEV to 1X. Both will have 3 or more bars of signal but with this changeing it makes alot of calls drop.. Is there a way to lock it in on a certain local tower.. Myself I think the 2 towers here are fighting each other trying to take the calls.. If I can lock it onto the certain one when im in this area it will stop this problem..

I have called CS about this but all they say is no way to lock it lol.. Thanks to all that helps with this issuse
    08-01-09 02:24 PM
    Does VZW cripple OBEX? I just downloaded BlueFTP and can't get it to open.
    I just downloaded it on a VZW BlackBerry & it worked. So I tried it on a VZW WinMo phone & it also worked.

The supposed "blocking" of OBEX profiles was due to the profiles not being included on some phones. Why were they left off those phones? Because they conflicted with the OS.
    BlackBerrys have a number of BT issues because RIM does not include native support in their software for most BT drivers.

08-01-09 09:27 PM
    I have a Blackberry 8830WE with verizon. It keeps changeing from 1XEV to 1X. Both will have 3 or more bars of signal but with this changeing it makes alot of calls drop.. Is there a way to lock it in on a certain local tower.. Myself I think the 2 towers here are fighting each other trying to take the calls.. If I can lock it onto the certain one when im in this area it will stop this problem..

I have called CS about this but all they say is no way to lock it lol.. Thanks to all that helps with this issuse
    Does anyone have any info regarding this.. I have searched everywhere and come up pretty empty.. Thanks
    08-01-09 10:24 PM
    ok... is Verizon getting the iPhone?

what are the odds? and if so when?
    08-02-09 12:37 AM
    I have a bb Curve from Verizon, and it has no warranty, so I am going to have it fixed by the verizon store for 50 dollars. The lady on the phone said they will give me a refurbished one, but I forgot to ask if the refurbished model I will receive will have an option for warranty or if it comes with a free warranty. Can you tell me what I will get?
    08-02-09 01:10 AM
    A threefer:

Sounds like a failing radio to me.

No, you cannot lock out towers.

Is VZW getting the iPhone? Possibly, but not the current version.

What are the odds? Even.

When will VZW get the iPhone? Sometime after today.

I have a bb Curve from Verizon, and it has no warranty, so I am going to have it fixed by the verizon store for 50 dollars. The lady on the phone said they will give me a refurbished one, but I forgot to ask if the refurbished model I will receive will have an option for warranty or if it comes with a free warranty. Can you tell me what I will get?
    If you don't have a warranty on your current phone, there is no warranty on replacements.

08-02-09 04:36 AM

I heard in the VZW store that the new iphone would be available by Christmas...they just didn't know WHICH Christmas.
    08-02-09 01:02 PM
    Could you use Tetherberry with Verizon without getting extra charges? I have heard people have gotten caught, if you do get caught what happens?
    08-02-09 01:04 PM
    I am trying to get the Vcast song ID to work and it says to hold it up to the speaker for 10 seconds...I can hold the phone up for the entire song and nothing happens... I have read that people said go to settings to set it up.. when I do that there is just the email, nickname and automail and i have set up all of those and it does not work..need some help.....
    08-02-09 01:09 PM
    Could you use Tetherberry with Verizon without getting extra charges? I have heard people have gotten caught, if you do get caught what happens?
    As discussed in numerous forums, if you get caught you get a huge bill.

I am trying to get the Vcast song ID to work and it says to hold it up to the speaker for 10 seconds...I can hold the phone up for the entire song and nothing happens... I have read that people said go to settings to set it up.. when I do that there is just the email, nickname and automail and i have set up all of those and it does not work..need some help.....
    Here is what I needed to do. first off make sure that all permissions are set to allow. options> advanced options > applications> highlight sond ID> menu . Edit permissions.

Also after the install, I had to battery reset the device. Been working fine ever since.
    08-02-09 04:48 PM
    As I was saying...

It obviously isn't enough for the person I was responding to.

haha I know! I just happened to be looking at my bill at the time and was thinking "holy crap, we NEVER talk on the phone".
    08-02-09 07:36 PM
    If you call VZW and ask for the non advertised plan, they have a 550 minute plan that will save you $10 a month

Thank you so much for this info. I just called and changed my plan. It actually will be saving us about 20 bucks a month. We had unlimited texting with our voice plan so we had to add individual text plans to each line but it will def be saving us a little money.
    08-02-09 07:38 PM
    this 1 is long they should delete it..
    08-02-09 10:32 PM
    Wow I love VZW, even though I'm spending $2560.8 a year. Everything about VZW is perfect and VZW reps are so helpful, nice, professional, intelligent, a lil flirtatious lol, and willing to do whatever it takes to make sure I'm happy with my service. I could keep ranting about how nice VZW has been for me for 3 months I've been with them.

Thanks VZW

Tripster

08-03-09 08:28 AM
    Oh yeah, I just remembered my question. Lol I have memory issues bare with me, ok here it goes. Should I mess with this programming code-##000000, I kinda understand what it does and understand I could possibly brick my baby by tweaking around with it.

08-03-09 08:39 AM
    VZW bends you over and gives you what you have been asking for... DATA CHARGES! There was a thread discussing it. Maybe try to search?
    08-03-09 12:46 PM
    Oh yeah, I just remembered my question. Lol I have memory issues bare with me, ok here it goes. Should I mess with this programming code-##000000, I kinda understand what it does and understand I could possibly brick my baby by tweaking around with it.

Leave it alone.... less headache for you and for us at VZW!
    08-03-09 01:22 PM
    Large uber huge bill, service disconnect, 40 lashes with a wet noodle and a one-way ticket to AT&T or Sprint or Tmobile or Virgin.

08-03-09 03:41 PM
    Large uber huge bill, service disconnect, 40 lashes with a wet noodle and a one-way ticket to AT&T or Sprint or Tmobile or Virgin.

And a hit to your credit report due to it eventually making it to collections!
    08-03-09 04:10 PM
    So I take it it's harder to get caught by using PdaNet, than by using Tetherberry?
    08-03-09 11:06 PM
    It's the same.
    08-04-09 12:53 AM
5,111 ... 123124125126127 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD