View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Question:

I am currently under an Alltel plan still and my wife's phone still has about a year and a half under a contract. My phone is messing up and my friend has a Alltel BB Curve (due to him upgrading to a Storm). Will Verizon allow me to replace my current phone with another Alltel Curve until we are able to upgrade to Verizon phones?

I've been wanting to call and ask but it seems so far the customer service hold time is never ending!
    07-28-09 03:01 PM
    BES is only $15 more but a BES connected phone uses significantly more data than a BIS phone if everything else is equal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The amount of data shouldn't be a factor, being that they are both unlimited data plans. If it was a factor, the BIS would have a limit and the BES wouldn't.
    07-28-09 07:03 PM
    One uses more data that the other, so why wouldn't one be more expensive? Unlimited data has nothing to do with it. Average data transmission per line does.

07-28-09 10:59 PM
    The amount of data shouldn't be a factor, being that they are both unlimited data plans. If it was a factor, the BIS would have a limit and the BES wouldn't.
    So an unlimited connection for a data center should cost the same as an unlimited connection for a house? I hope you don't work in IT.
    07-28-09 11:06 PM
    Hi, hi Verizon reps!

I have a question. The Tour. Will it work in Japan? Since it can support GPRS? I need an absolute before I return there again. I'm going to unlock the Tour as well, before I leave if that will make a huge difference.
    It's pretty confusing isn't it? At first, this page BlackBerry - Tour 9630 Specs €“ Blackberry Tour Specifications at the bottom right under "Wireless Networks" says it supports GPRS, but this page BlackBerry - Wifi PDA - Wi-Fi Enabled BlackBerry Smartphones - Wireless Networking doesn't list Japan at all.

Verizonwireless.com/international shows the Storm as UMTS capable, and the Tour is as well...so maybe you'd have limited data coverage in Japan? Voice coverage is possible through CDMA.
    Last edited by crackberryn00b; 07-29-09 at 03:44 AM.
    07-29-09 03:16 AM
    So an unlimited connection for a data center should cost the same as an unlimited connection for a house? I hope you don't work in IT.
    datacenter vs house is more of an available speed type issue than an amount used type issue, unless of course you have OC12's dropped to your house.

I'm sure I could transfer more data with a BIS plan than with a BES plan, if I wanted to, so just because BES uses more data than BIS doesn't really give me a good answer to the question.

The increase in price has to be related to something other than data usage.

The increase in service books, provisioning overhead, ... you can do better than data usage

Any reps want to chime in on this?
    Last edited by danoh; 07-29-09 at 04:33 AM.
    07-29-09 03:53 AM
    datacenter vs house is more of an available speed type issue than an amount used type issue, unless of course you have OC12's dropped to your house.

I'm sure I could transfer more data with a BIS plan than with a BES plan, if I wanted to, so just because BES uses more data than BIS doesn't really give me a good answer to the question.

The increase in service books, provisioning overhead, ... you can do better than data usage

I think it has something to do with rim and vzw...(THINK)
    07-29-09 01:16 PM
    Why is the BES plan $20 more a month. I mean, it's just the ability to connect up with a BES server instead of using BIS.

Seems a convenient way for VZW to price gouge the companies that have a BES thinking that they would just arbitrarily have the money to spend an extra $20 per month per phone.

Or can a VZW rep actually justify the extra $20 a month difference?
    The price was not raised for companies, it was lowered for consumers.
    07-29-09 11:53 PM
    The price difference between BES and BIS have more to do with licensing and "control" than they do about data transfer. but that is a good point
    07-30-09 12:01 AM
    The price was not raised for companies, it was lowered for consumers.
    x2, I remember the days when $44.99 was the _ONLY_ data plan for Blackberry. Thank you Verizon, for lowering it for us mere mortals that don't need BES.
    07-30-09 04:06 PM
    x2, I remember the days when $44.99 was the _ONLY_ data plan for Blackberry. Thank you Verizon, for lowering it for us mere mortals that don't need BES.
    I remember those days. Maybe they will pity us more and lower it again.

07-30-09 05:08 PM
    Can I sync with calendars from multiple google accounts, not just multiple calendars from a single google account?
    Thanks
    07-31-09 04:20 AM

Again, it is data usage.

Registration for a large truck is more than a small truck is more than a mini van is more than a small car. They all have access to the same roads and could drive more or less miles than any other vehicle. The difference is the EXPECTED IMPACT on the road network.
    Same thing with BB.

07-31-09 09:33 AM
    need a quick answer from a rep if your still here? im running five lines at 1400 mins. just got a text today saying im really close to going over my mins. called vzw im allready over by 100 mins. ouch is it to late to do anything like add his GF to to the friends and family thing? still have 8 spots open? or should i suck it up and temp. have my act. shut down till aug 8?
    07-31-09 03:14 PM
    need a quick answer from a rep if your still here? im running five lines at 1400 mins. just got a text today saying im really close to going over my mins. called vzw im allready over by 100 mins. ouch is it to late to do anything like add his GF to to the friends and family thing? still have 8 spots open? or should i suck it up and temp. have my act. shut down till aug 8?
    FF adds don't take effect for up to 24 hours. They don't backdate. Call 611 and ask them to up your plan and backdate it to the beginning of the bill cycle. Then keep it for a month or two. You might actually need it.

07-31-09 03:59 PM
    FF adds don't take effect for up to 24 hours. They don't backdate. Call 611 and ask them to up your plan and backdate it to the beginning of the bill cycle. Then keep it for a month or two. You might actually need it.

ok thanks..
    07-31-09 04:00 PM
    Good advice - you almost have me thinking you worked in the telco industry?

1400 min isn't a whole lot, when split amont 5 lines. I know there are folks who get by with that, but it is really easy for many people to blow right past that bucket of minutes.

I generally tell people unsure of what usage will be to look at starting with around 400-500 minutes per line, then watch usage closely. With 5 lines, that should put you into the 2100 min bucket, at a minimum.

07-31-09 06:19 PM
    I've done really good at 1400 till he started dating. I just looked at his calls his biggest one 195 min. Dam that's a lot. So I switched. Temporarily to 2100 and see how that fairs. Also added her number to FF circle. I'm glad I got the text or I would not have none till it was to late.

07-31-09 06:38 PM
    Dude. I have soooo many bad things to say to Verizon right now...
    i have a lot of bad stuff to say bout vzw myself they suck as a company and everything else if it wasnt for them having the best coverage hands down i would leave them in a heart beat. but no i have to deal with having a storm and waited almost years for a software update for my storm to be stuck using leaked software from other carriers just to have verizon finally release a software update to the storm and have it suck then any other updates my phone freezes more than the .75 did only thing it helped was changeing the direction of my texting needless to say i downgraded back to .141 and have no freeze problem phone starts up in 2 1/2 mins rather than 5. anyway enough with the rambling vzw best covg but sux at life itself
    07-31-09 06:48 PM
    I have att now, and am considering switching.
    I want a family plan w/ data and messaging for 1 blackberry and 2 reg phones.
    If I choose the 'connect' family plan, will the data and messaging include the blackberry, or will I need to add a blackberry plan to the family connect plan also?

08-01-09 12:33 AM
    I have att now, and am considering switching.
    I want a family plan w/ data and messaging for 1 blackberry and 2 reg phones.
    If I choose the 'connect' family plan, will the data and messaging include the blackberry, or will I need to add a blackberry plan to the family connect plan also?

U will need the 30 data plan, connect covers everything but pda/blackberry phones
    08-01-09 12:54 AM
    Good advice - you almost have me thinking you worked in the telco industry?

1400 min isn't a whole lot, when split amont 5 lines. I know there are folks who get by with that, but it is really easy for many people to blow right past that bucket of minutes.

I generally tell people unsure of what usage will be to look at starting with around 400-500 minutes per line, then watch usage closely. With 5 lines, that should put you into the 2100 min bucket, at a minimum.

Wow! My brother and I used a total of 78 minutes last month. Most people we know are on Verizon but neither of us talk on the phone much anyway. I wish Verizon had a family minute plan less than 700!
    08-01-09 01:08 AM
    Wow! My brother and I used a total of 78 minutes last month.
    As I was saying...
    It obviously isn't enough for the person I was responding to.

08-01-09 01:55 AM
    As I was saying...

It obviously isn't enough for the person I was responding to.

One of my friends showed me one of his bills:

08-01-09 03:26 AM
    ^^^That is ridiculous! I hope thats a company bill and not personal!
    08-01-09 04:19 AM
5,111 ... 122123124125126 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD