View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    when will verizon get nights and weeknds starting at 7? I mean my gosh get that simple add-on.
    07-23-09 02:13 PM
    We like moneys... so never.
    07-23-09 03:20 PM
    is it likely that verzion will drop the deposit on a new account if i was togo into a store and start a new line of service
    07-23-09 03:30 PM
    is it likely that verzion will drop the deposit on a new account if i was togo into a store and start a new line of service
    Nope. That is Sprint, as you're walking out the door headed for Verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 04:42 PM
    K...so this may have already been asked but after searching for it I couldn't find anything.

1) just upgraded from a Voyager...when i txt other VZW customers, I could send like 7 pages....and if it wasnt a VZW customer then it would kick back a msg saying "blah blah blah....only 160 characters...blah blah blah". Now, with my Curve, unless I start it as an MMS msg, i'm limited to 160 right off the bat...wtf? Can I change that or do I seriously have to start a MMS every f'in time I want to write a book?

2) I've seen this touched on but never saw a straight answer....V_Cast (i think) had this kick *** program called song id....listened to 10 seconds of ANY song and 9999 times out of 10000 it nailed it....any chance in **** of getting that for my BB or is there something comparable..?

3) Is there a way to "edit" the profiles so I'm not getting alerts for BS e-mails at 2 am? I use my phone as my alarm clock and I need to keep it available for phone calls but I don't need Facebook alerts and Men's Health e-mails coming through and blowning up my cell while I'm tryin to catch some zzz's...

Thanks for your help guys!!! Just joined today and looking forward to many hours of learning and figuring out my new toy!!
    Last edited by Chewy13; 07-23-09 at 09:11 PM. Reason: forgot a question...
    07-23-09 07:31 PM
    K...so this may have already been asked but after searching for it I couldn't find anything.

1) just upgraded from a Voyager...when i txt other VZW customers, I could send like 7 pages....and if it wasnt a VZW customer then it would kick back a msg saying "blah blah blah....only 160 characters...blah blah blah". Now, with my Curve, unless I start it as an MMS msg, i'm limited to 160 right off the bat...wtf? Can I change that or do I seriously have to start a MMS every f'in time I want to write a book?

2) I've seen this touched on but never saw a straight answer....V_Cast (i think) had this kick *** program called song id....listened to 10 seconds of ANY song and 9999 times out of 10000 it nailed it....any chance in **** of getting that for my BB or is there something comparable..?

3) Is there a way to "edit" the profiles so I'm not getting alerts for BS e-mails at 2 am? I use my phone as my alarm clock and I need to keep it available for phone calls but I don't need Facebook alerts and Men's Health e-mails coming through and blowning up my cell while I'm tryin to catch some zzz's...

Thanks for your help guys!!! Just joined today and looking forward to many hours of learning and figuring out my new toy!!
    As for EMS, it isn't avallable on VZW BlackBerrys. It actually isn't available on any Curve, but there are some programs that will somewhat emulate EMS.

I believe SongID is available. Check out the VZW mobile site under Apps.

As for the email, you need to change your profile to silence the email notices. Again, there are third-party apps which might help.

All in all, your Voyager was at least as capable as BlackBerry. The new enV Touch is definitely more capable.

07-23-09 09:24 PM
    OK I am pissed at the typical VZ customer service- despite the fact that verizon WILL NOT provide me with a detailed device or anything else they sell warranty, after calling BB technical support three times.. THREE!!!.. to verify that yes they can activate an Alltel 8230 on my VZ account, I get a shiny brand new black pearl flip, charge it all up, call VZ and guess what? "Whoever you spoke to was mistaken" I call back "No sir that will never be possible" call AGAIN "We are working on that".
    ARE YOU FOOKING KIDDING ME?? My bill is about 200 a month, three lines, two BB packages, and THIS is what I get? I wanted a Black flip, not the horrendous silver one VZ offers. Anyone recall in late 2007 when Verizon claimed they were going to have an 'open' network? I have mentioned this to CS a few times, they ALL denied it...until I emailed them the link to the article featuring their OWN CEO. Then I got no answer. Anyone? Should I keep the flip (which is sooo much better looking than the VZ branded one) and bide my time, or give up? Yes, they have the same specs.
    07-25-09 03:31 AM
    OK I am pissed at the typical VZ customer service- despite the fact that verizon WILL NOT provide me with a detailed device or anything else they sell warranty, after calling BB technical support three times.. THREE!!!.. to verify that yes they can activate an Alltel 8230 on my VZ account, I get a shiny brand new black pearl flip, charge it all up, call VZ and guess what? "Whoever you spoke to was mistaken" I call back "No sir that will never be possible" call AGAIN "We are working on that".
    ARE YOU FOOKING KIDDING ME?? My bill is about 200 a month, three lines, two BB packages, and THIS is what I get? I wanted a Black flip, not the horrendous silver one VZ offers. Anyone recall in late 2007 when Verizon claimed they were going to have an 'open' network? I have mentioned this to CS a few times, they ALL denied it...until I emailed them the link to the article featuring their OWN CEO. Then I got no answer. Anyone? Should I keep the flip (which is sooo much better looking than the VZ branded one) and bide my time, or give up? Yes, they have the same specs.
    Are you fully with VZW on VZW plans now or still on Alltel plans? IF you are still on an Alltel plan and you were xfer to Alltel heritage team, this could be the problem. This merger is a bit confusing for everyone involeved right now. There are changes that come down daily.
    07-25-09 07:51 AM
    I hope I'm not repeating a question that's been asked a bunch already. When is MN switching from Alltel to Verizon? I want to get a new phone and only have 2 months left of my contract with Alltel. I'm eligible to switch if they an port my number but they checked and cannot port it yet. I've heard vague dates (Mid Sept, October) but nothing more specific.
    They havent released the specific date on that yet. More then likely ur looking at September/October until MN is converted.
    07-25-09 08:42 AM
    I have decided to start a thread in which you can ask all your questions/inquiries/concerns within this very thread.

We will attempt to answer as best and as fast as possible.

If you don't feel comfortable asking within the forums, you can always email me or PIN me. Please be sure to state that you are from CB when requesting PIN messaging.

Disclaimer: All opinions and postings are my own thoughts and opinions and in no way reflect the policies, terms and conditions, or should be taken as an agreement or binding contract between you and Verizon Wireless. I am not in any way resposible or liable for any information or opinions I may give you.

Due to conflicting information, if you are going to provide any information, please back it up with LINKS/SOURCES!!!
    I have a Blackberry Sweep 8330. My VZW mobile network shut off while I was trying to use the device with a low battery. I have recharged the battery but now I cannot get reconnected to my mobile network. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks.
    07-25-09 09:17 AM
    I have a Blackberry Sweep 8330. My VZW mobile network shut off while I was trying to use the device with a low battery. I have recharged the battery but now I cannot get reconnected to my mobile network. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks.
    Have you tried to go into manage connection icon and make sure there is check mark in the box for mobile network
    07-25-09 09:26 AM
    Are you fully with VZW on VZW plans now or still on Alltel plans? IF you are still on an Alltel plan and you were xfer to Alltel heritage team, this could be the problem. This merger is a bit confusing for everyone involeved right now. There are changes that come down daily.
    No, I am a verizon customer. I had tried Alltel but their coverage was horrible. This is a brand new sealed box clean esn phone. I know things can chage quickly, but really, after asking tech support THREE times, AND asking in a Corporate store TWICE, once I bought the the phone it's NO? If I treated my clients like this I'd be unemployed and unemployable. in my mind this in inexcuseable.
    07-25-09 11:26 AM
    OK, coming from a VZW Rep. What is the official take on using Tetherberry with a VZW BB?

Some say there's a 5GB cap, stay under that.

Or, VZW can see the IP your are hitting (Tetherberry) and red flag your use?

Or, VZW can and does now if your are tethering a laptop to your BB, and will hit you hard with a bill, or block you.

Help, I would like to Tether, but will only need it once every other month, for about 20 minutes at a time for convenience. Thnx GP
    07-25-09 01:09 PM
    OK, coming from a VZW Rep. What is the official take on using Tetherberry with a VZW BB?

Some say there's a 5GB cap, stay under that.

Or, VZW can see the IP your are hitting (Tetherberry) and red flag your use?

Or, VZW can and does now if your are tethering a laptop to your BB, and will hit you hard with a bill, or block you.

Help, I would like to Tether, but will only need it once every other month, for about 20 minutes at a time for convenience. Thnx GP
    DATA PLANS AND FEATURES

Data Plans and Features (such as NationalAccess, BroadbandAccess, GlobalAccess, Push to Talk, and certain VZEmail services) may ONLY be used with wireless devices for the following purposes: (i) Internet browsing; (ii) email; and (iii) intranet access (including access to corporate intranets, email, and individual productivity applications like customer relationship management, sales force, and field service automation). The Data Plans and Features MAY NOT be used for any other purpose. Examples of prohibited uses include, without limitation, the following: (i) continuous uploading, downloading or streaming of audio or video programming or games; (ii) server devices or host computer applications, including, but not limited to, Web camera posts or broadcasts, automatic data feeds, automated machine-to-machine connections or peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing; or (iii) as a substitute or backup for private lines or dedicated data connections. This means, by way of example only, that checking email, surfing the Internet, downloading legally acquired songs, and/or visiting corporate intranets is permitted, but downloading movies using P2P file sharing services and/or redirecting television signals for viewing on laptops is prohibited. A person engaged in prohibited uses, continuously for one hour, could typically use 100 to 200 MBs, or, if engaged in prohibited uses for 10 hours a day, 7 days a week, could use more than 5 GBs in a month.

For individual use only and not for resale. We reserve the right to protect our network from harm, which may impact legitimate data flows. We reserve the right to limit throughput or amount of data transferred, and to deny or terminate service, without notice, to anyone we believe is using an Data Plan or Feature in any manner prohibited above or whose usage adversely impacts our network or service levels. Anyone using more than 5 GB per line in a given month is presumed to be using the service in a manner prohibited above, and we reserve the right to immediately terminate the service of any such person without notice. We also reserve the right to terminate service upon expiration of Customer Agreement term.

Data sessions automatically terminate after 24 hours of activity. Data session is inactive when no data is being transferred. Data session may seem inactive while data is actively being transferred to device, or may seem active when it is actually cached and not transferring data. You MUST press or click END or DISCONNECT button to ensure that session disconnects and charges cease. Thirdparty applications may automatically reinitiate data sessions without you pressing or clicking SEND or CONNECT button. For the Palm Treo™ 650, the only way to disconnect your data session is to press the home key until you see “All” or “System,” then select the “Prefs” icon, then select “Network” from the drop-down list, and then “Disconnect.” You may be able to send or receive voice calls when your data session is inactive. When this occurs, charges apply simultaneously for voice calls in accordance with your Calling Plan. You are responsible for maintaining virus protection when accessing service.

PDA/smartphone and BlackBerry Plans: These VZEmail plans cannot be used: (1) for access to the Internet, intranets, or other data networks except as the device’s native applications and capabilities permit, unless you subscribe to BroadbandAccess Connect; or (2) for any applications that tether your device to laptops or personal computers other than for use of the Wireless Sync or the BlackBerry solution, unless you subscribe to BroadbandAccess Connect.
    Tetherberry is prohibited, and can get your service canceled, or charged overges...
    Last edited by scurvydlicious; 07-25-09 at 01:39 PM.
    07-25-09 01:37 PM
    Tetherberry is prohibited, and can get your service canceled, or charged overges...
    And I personally know of two who this has happened to on verizon and one on att. One with a
    Curve, one with an Omnia (different program but same result) and one with a Bold. One of those chronicled their story on CB and is now working for another CBer.

The numbers are likely to grow.

07-25-09 05:15 PM
    Do you need to sign up for tethering to use a Tom Tom and a BlackBerry together? I know you can make phone calls via bluetooth between the two but how about the traffic updates that use data? If so does anyone know a way to shut the data connection between the two off and just use the phone feature?
    07-26-09 12:22 PM
    this is funny bc im reading this stuff and it seems like you dont know what your talking about we do have my circle its called friends and family we also do have a type of Vcast its called youtube and rhapsody
    07-26-09 04:23 PM
    this is funny bc im reading this stuff and it seems like you dont know what your talking about we do have my circle its called friends and family we also do have a type of Vcast its called youtube and rhapsody
    Maybe you should quote the comment you're referring to, so the rest of us can keep up... Also, vcast is available at V CAST
    07-26-09 09:26 PM
    I have 2 bb curves and have had problems for the entire time I have had them I got them to exchange mine for diff device but before I could ship the bb off the other phone was stolen so instead of having to wait 3 or 4 days I had them activate the old bb. What can I do bout getting a diff device
    07-27-09 09:02 AM
    I just renewed my contract and got a new Tour. I am thinking about returning it as I get very bad service in my house (This is my 2nd one with the same issue and I have called CS).

If I return it and go back to my old phone (Don't care for any other phones Verizon has at the moment or I might switch services) can I cancel the renewal of my contract and get back my NE2 discount?

Not: I also got the phone from Bestbuy if that matters.
    07-27-09 04:21 PM
    I have 2 bb curves and have had problems for the entire time I have had them I got them to exchange mine for diff device but before I could ship the bb off the other phone was stolen so instead of having to wait 3 or 4 days I had them activate the old bb. What can I do bout getting a diff device
    That sucks because if you received a replacement, they are expecting a phone back regardless, if they don't get one back, you will see a charge back on your next phone bill.

Option:
    Ask for the lost/stolen/damaged replacement program. They will give you the phone at 1yr pricing...its not much but at least its not retail price....
    07-27-09 05:03 PM
    I just renewed my contract and got a new Tour. I am thinking about returning it as I get very bad service in my house (This is my 2nd one with the same issue and I have called CS).

If I return it and go back to my old phone (Don't care for any other phones Verizon has at the moment or I might switch services) can I cancel the renewal of my contract and get back my NE2 discount?

Not: I also got the phone from Bestbuy if that matters.

The answer to your questions is YES & YES....I would follow up with CS to make sure BEST BUY resets your upgrade/NE2 dates as well as reverts your contract back to original. If Best Buy gives you a receipt keep that....
    07-27-09 05:05 PM
    Hi, hi Verizon reps!

I have a question. The Tour. Will it work in Japan? Since it can support GPRS? I need an absolute before I return there again. I'm going to unlock the Tour as well, before I leave if that will make a huge difference.
    07-28-09 01:22 AM
    Why is the BES plan $20 more a month. I mean, it's just the ability to connect up with a BES server instead of using BIS.

Seems a convenient way for VZW to price gouge the companies that have a BES thinking that they would just arbitrarily have the money to spend an extra $20 per month per phone.

Or can a VZW rep actually justify the extra $20 a month difference?
    07-28-09 04:42 AM
    Why is the BES plan $20 more a month. I mean, it's just the ability to connect up with a BES server instead of using BIS.

Seems a convenient way for VZW to price gouge the companies that have a BES thinking that they would just arbitrarily have the money to spend an extra $20 per month per phone.

Or can a VZW rep actually justify the extra $20 a month difference?
    BES is only $15 more but a BES connected phone uses significantly more data than a BIS phone if everything else is equal.

07-28-09 12:04 PM
5,111 ... 121122123124125 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD