View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Honestly, I don't care what time it is and what kind of mood you are in. I want a company to treat people fairly and make exceptions when the situation warrants....but NOT make exceptions solely based on feelings or time of day or the luck of draw of whichever person you happen to talk to. That is BS. If two people with identical situations call and request an early upgrade they should both be given the same information, the same dates, and the same prices. Should McDonalds start charging different prices for their burgers depending on which cashier you get?

Not the right way to do business IMHO!
    You're right, it's not.

That's why I don't process any exceptions. If your upgrade date is tomorrow, great, call back tomorrow and place your order. You've had 14 Storm replacements? Sucks to be you but if the Storm is the only thing authorized as a replacement, that's all you're going to get. So what if it's cheaper for you to pay your etf and go get an iPhone. If you aren't eligible for an upgrade, you can pay full price like everyone else should be.

I can't be responsible for what everyone else does or what exceptions they process but I can make sure what I do is 100% compliant.
    07-16-09 11:09 PM
    I have a question for the reps. I am on an Alltel plan which I am completely happy with and just bought a new phone before the switchover in my market, which I had to go into the Verizon store to do. When I got my new phone, one of the Verizon reps (while I was waiting for the Alltel rep) tried to sell me on the fact that I could get the phone I wanted (8330) from them with a better deal than Alltel, blah blah blah, but I would have to buy 3 new phones to move over. Didn't want to AND that was too much money at one time. No big deal, I told him I wasn't interested and got my phone from my Alltel rep.

When I stopped in to check out the employee discount today, was told that I couldn't get it without changing to a Verizon and plan and, you guessed it, 3 new phones. Of course, again that wasn't going to happen as I love my plan, and have a brand new phone already. I wasn't upset that I couldn't get it ... it wasn't enough of a discount to warrant losing the plan and features I have. I was OK with it, but the rep got a little huffy about me not wanting to switch, but that's another story.

My question is, what happens with my other two lines when their upgrades come up in February and next September? The store rep basically told me today that I will have no choice and that they WILL get me for three new phones at once whether it be now or 6 months from now when my next line's upgrade is due because any future upgrades will involve Verizon equipment which will require Verizon plans which require all 3 lines getting new equipment. Is this true?
    Once the Alltel conversion is complete, there will be no more Alltel, so no more Alltel phones... Meaning you will eventually have to get a Verizon phone, and when you do that, you will have to change to a Verizon plan... The store rep is right, it is going to happen, unless you keep the same phones you have now for years to come.
    07-16-09 11:23 PM
    I'll travel to mexico and iusacell carriers in mexico they are asking me for a SPC number what is that
    07-16-09 11:40 PM
    Once the Alltel conversion is complete, there will be no more Alltel, so no more Alltel phones... Meaning you will eventually have to get a Verizon phone, and when you do that, you will have to change to a Verizon plan... The store rep is right, it is going to happen, unless you keep the same phones you have now for years to come.
    OK thanks for confirming what I was told. Looks like we migrate to Sprint one at a time then. And yes I know Verizon is the largest network, but it offers the least choices compared to what we are used to.
    07-17-09 06:58 AM
    OK thanks for confirming what I was told. Looks like we migrate to Sprint one at a time then. And yes I know Verizon is the largest network, but it offers the least choices compared to what we are used to.
    I would also do some research. CHeck Sprints coverage area and also talk to some people that have sprint in your area. Make sure they arehappy with their coverage before you jump on board. Might save some heart burn later.
    07-17-09 08:18 AM
    I have. Sprint coverage in my area is excellent and I know a few who have jumped ship already.

In fact, as I was grousing to a coworker just minutes ago about Verizon trying to force me into three new phones, I got to hear her tale of woe with Verizon. She had four lines with Alltel for almost 6 years. Never late, never shut off. Verizon told her what they told me ... all four phones to come to Verizon or no upgrades. To their credit, they DID try to make a deal with her to pay less for the phones so it wasn't such a chunk. She decided OK, and was prepared to go with it. Then they hit her with, "Oh, and it's $125 per line for security deposit"! She explained to them that she had been with Alltel for almost 6 years, never needed a deposit, never late, blah blah.

Well, apparently it goes on your credit rating and not your history, so while she (like much of the nation) has taken a hit in the credit department and turned over all her cards to counseling so that she COULD keep paying her utilities, house, car, etc and has FAITHFULLY paid her cell bill and did not pick for Alltel to go belly-up, she has to pay a security deposit to Verizon to move the four lines. She promptly picked up all four lines and went to Sprint. Guess what? No deposit.

And Verizon wonders why we have a bad taste in our mouth? I can't speak for all Verizon reps as that wouldn't be fair, but in my area at my local store, we are NOT made to feel welcome. Customers in good standing with Alltel are being treated like the poor white trash illegitimate children your black-sheep cousin fathered simply because we want what we have been getting for years and not had to fight for. What we signed UP for. We didn't sign up for any of this.
    07-17-09 09:17 AM
    when a call is forwarded to my verizon bb from another provider, will both numbers appear on billing? for legal reasons, i need them to (long story) thanks
    07-17-09 09:20 AM
    With digital switching, only the originating number will appear.

With the old analog switching, only the number doing the forwarding will appear.

I don't believe there are any analog switches still in use - I know cell phone providers are all digital. The number that shows up on your caller-ID display will be the one on the bill.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 09:39 AM
    Is it true that if you are the primary account holder on a family plan you can get the new every two every year?
    You get the 2 yr pricing discount annually however your additional NE2 credit ($50/100) you can only use once every two years. But it still allows the primary line to get the discount cost of a phone every year.

-VZW employee
    07-17-09 09:54 AM
    You're right, it's not.

That's why I don't process any exceptions. If your upgrade date is tomorrow, great, call back tomorrow and place your order. You've had 14 Storm replacements? Sucks to be you but if the Storm is the only thing authorized as a replacement, that's all you're going to get. So what if it's cheaper for you to pay your etf and go get an iPhone. If you aren't eligible for an upgrade, you can pay full price like everyone else should be.

I can't be responsible for what everyone else does or what exceptions they process but I can make sure what I do is 100% compliant.
    They are right. I am a technician inside Verizon Wireless and I constantly have the problem of customers with defective phones being told something can be done when really, its not policy but a courtesy that particular rep was going to offer. It makes for bad business because then the customer comes into the store expecting one thing when really, it isn't policy. if you had a phone replaced once, or even twice, that isn't grounds for a totaly different device, sorry. And as for upgrade, primary line gets an annual upgrade as long as they are on a qualifying rate plan and the secondary lines are only once every two years. I treat MOST my customers the same but if I have someone come in insulting me off the bat, making it personal, demanding i do this and that and blah blah blah, your damn right i'm not going to go out of my way to make them happy. At that point, go with ATT, Verizon is much better off without a customer like that.
    07-17-09 10:09 AM
    Just an FYI retail stores, not auth agents, are going to get the bis admin tool, Finally!.. The management is going to be the only ones in the store with access and they should get their logins soon..

I was sooo mad when they took our BBerry admin log-ins away! that was such an easy quick way to fix customer issues and now we have to call in which takes 10 times longer...stupid stupid stupid
    07-17-09 10:15 AM
    With digital switching, only the originating number will appear.

With the old analog switching, only the number doing the forwarding will appear.

I don't believe there are any analog switches still in use - I know cell phone providers are all digital. The number that shows up on your caller-ID display will be the one on the bill.

thank u for the detailed answer....
    07-17-09 10:22 AM
    Any reps want to comment on the security deposit thing? I admit I'm curious since she told me that.

How CAN Verizon charge a security deposit to basically "continue" a service that we were already receiving if the account is in good standing? These people are already being billed from and making payments to Verizon, they aren't new customers with no verifiable payment history. What's up with that?
    07-17-09 12:17 PM
    if you had a phone replaced once, or even twice, that isn't grounds for a totaly different device, sorry.
    And you could make a killing by just betting that those with more than a couple replacements are probably suffering from a loose nut on the keyboard.

Simple mathematics will tell you that even with a 5% defect rate (real numbers are lower & many of those defects are user-caused), the odds of hitting four or more is extremely remote.

So for me, someone telling me they've been through six, eight, nine of these things tells me either they are doing something wrong, their expectations are skewed, or they are trying to get away with something.

In the case of the Storm, people are buying a device that is of poor design - there are many devices, from Omnia to Pre to Diamond to even some LG offerings that are better. Everyone wants to have an iPhone and the Storm was billed as that. I hate to break it to the Storm fans out there, but the iPhone is light years ahead of Storm, as are the devices I just mentioned. If you're expecting iPhone functionality, don't get one of the worst touchscreen devices on the planet.

07-17-09 12:22 PM
    I'm on a family plan and the primary account (not mine) is eligible for an early upgrade. I went to Best Buy to see if I could get a new phone with that available upgrade (transfer the early upgrade to my phone, and swap my August 31, 2009 upgrade date to the primary account). Is it possible to use the early upgrade at an authorized retailer, like Best Buy, and not go through Verizon? The only reason I ask is because the Tour is cheaper at Best Buy.
    07-17-09 12:26 PM
    Any reps want to comment on the security deposit thing? I admit I'm curious since she told me that.

How CAN Verizon charge a security deposit to basically "continue" a service that we were already receiving if the account is in good standing? These people are already being billed from and making payments to Verizon, they aren't new customers with no verifiable payment history. What's up with that?
    Transitioned accounts are NOT being charged a security deposit. If a new account is setup, they will pull a credit bureau record, which is what the deposit is based on.

So - if there is a change of responsibility or if someone cancelled, then returned - even the next day - credit is run.

There might be some leeway if someone was a longtime VZW customer who paid their cell bill, but were in default elsewhere, but those are special circumstances.

07-17-09 12:37 PM
    Transitioned accounts are NOT being charged a security deposit. If a new account is setup, they will pull a credit bureau record, which is what the deposit is based on.
    She would have been a transitioned account and they would not let her migrate the four lines without paying it. This isn't the type of person that would lie, she's an older woman with 2 kids in college and not at all a phone-junkie.

The only other variable I can think of is that this occurred a couple of days before the official switchover according to her. Would that change anything? Like I said, she went to Sprint so it's moot but I'm curious.
    07-17-09 12:56 PM
    And you could make a killing by just betting that those with more than a couple replacements are probably suffering from a loose nut on the keyboard.

Simple mathematics will tell you that even with a 5% defect rate (real numbers are lower & many of those defects are user-caused), the odds of hitting four or more is extremely remote.

So for me, someone telling me they've been through six, eight, nine of these things tells me either they are doing something wrong, their expectations are skewed, or they are trying to get away with something.

In the case of the Storm, people are buying a device that is of poor design - there are many devices, from Omnia to Pre to Diamond to even some LG offerings that are better. Everyone wants to have an iPhone and the Storm was billed as that. I hate to break it to the Storm fans out there, but the iPhone is light years ahead of Storm, as are the devices I just mentioned. If you're expecting iPhone functionality, don't get one of the worst touchscreen devices on the planet.

07-17-09 02:32 PM
    Ok, i got my curve (awesome) and when i got it i changed my plan to the Blackberry (bis) Bundle plan 450 min/Unlimited data in national enhanced and extended enhanced areas. $79 a month.

I noticed online i could get basic 450 mins a month for $39.99 and put the data on for 29.99 a month doing so i save myself 10.00 a month. the rep on the phone told me there is no difference doing it this way.

Right or wrong?
    07-17-09 04:10 PM
    Ok, i got my curve (awesome) and when i got it i changed my plan to the Blackberry (bis) Bundle plan 450 min/Unlimited data in national enhanced and extended enhanced areas. $79 a month.

I noticed online i could get basic 450 mins a month for $39.99 and put the data on for 29.99 a month doing so i save myself 10.00 a month. the rep on the phone told me there is no difference doing it this way.

Right or wrong?
    Wrong, the email plan that you have built in is for BES, the $29.99 plan is for BIS.
    07-17-09 04:15 PM
    Wrong, the email plan that you have built in is for BES, the $29.99 plan is for BIS.
    Ok, i don't need BES (enterprise whoopty doo stuff) My phone is for personal use and is not for work with an exchange server and stuff. Maybe my question should have been more like this.

I switched to the basic plan 450 mins 39.99 a month and added data for 29.99 a month.

I had the bundled 450/Data for 79.99 a month.

My phone is going to work the same way, nothing is going to change except it's going to be 10.00 a month cheaper right?
    07-17-09 05:08 PM
    Wrong - $39.99 + $29.99 = $79.98

For your troubles, you saved exactly one cent.

07-17-09 05:26 PM
    Rats - hit the wrong button, then couldn't edit what I wrote - I missed a portion of it.

I believe the bundle comes with text messaging. - add that in @ $10 and THEN you saved one cent.

07-17-09 05:29 PM
    The 79.99 bundle doesn't come with texting. If you don't need BES, don't get the bundle.

07-17-09 06:42 PM
    Wrong - $39.99 + $29.99 = $79.98

For your troubles, you saved exactly one cent.

LOL Not to worry when i saw your math, instantly i thought "Am i really that bad at math"? so i grabbed a calculator

The bundle doesn't come with Texting. I thought i could get one of the Connect plans, but the rep told me if i got a connect plan (includes web and text) i would still have to add data for 29.99. not sure what sense that makes but oh well. happy i'm saving 10bucks.
    07-17-09 07:17 PM
5,111 ... 118119120121122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD