View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 09:42 AM
5,111 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    I posted earlier about my technical support ticket. They did get in touch with me and said it was once again a problem with the phone. Today I received the replacement phone from Fed-Ex, but it looks like it is a used phone. It didn't come in a normal Blackberry box (unsealed) and had no paperwork with it.
    Because of all the problems I have had (this is the 3rd phone in less than 60 days) I am hesitant to try out a used phone this time around.
    Is this the usual and customary practice of Verizon to send out used phones to replace a phone that stopped functioning within 7 days of purchase?
    Last edited by Fresnel; 10-16-08 at 04:03 PM. Reason: spelling errors
    10-16-08 04:03 PM
    Within 30 days of original purchase Verizon would replace a defective device with a NEW one. If you are past 30 days of original purchase (not a replacement) they will replace it with a "Certified Like New Replacement" device. If the phone looks used (scratches; wear; anything) I would call back and ask for an other device. The replacement devices should be like new.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-08 04:23 PM
    Ok, sorry for being dense. But does the fact that I started calling and complaining about the issue within 7 days of purchase count entitle me to a new phone? Or am I precluded from a new device because of support's slow response to the issue that I am now almost 40 days from purchase?
    10-16-08 04:28 PM
    Ok, sorry for being dense. But does the fact that I started calling and complaining about the issue within 7 days of purchase count entitle me to a new phone? Or am I precluded from a new device because of support's slow response to the issue that I am now almost 40 days from purchase?
    I'd call and see what they can do for you, from what your saying if they would have sent a phone when you first called then you'd have a new one. Worth a shot at calling... worse the rep would say is no.
    10-16-08 05:43 PM
    you guys in the Albequerque Call center?
    Very high percent that we might be
    10-16-08 06:16 PM
    < -- bellevue
    10-16-08 07:28 PM
    what is the usual discount given on a secondary line for a phone ?
    10-16-08 08:31 PM
    If it is a new line you get all the neat discounts of new service. The secondary line will not get a new every two discount. At upgrade time will will get the 2 year pricing and any available rebates.
    10-16-08 08:34 PM
    I have a 1400 minute family share plan with 1 regular phone and 3 BB.
    One BB is eligible for upgrade and the regular phone is eligible.
    Do you think I will be able to upgrade the regular phone to a Storm and switch it to second BB and just keep the regular phone as is after numbers are switched around? Does this make sense.
    My daughter and I both want a Storm and I am eligible, she is not.
    If possible, should we do it over the phone or in store.
    thanks
    10-17-08 07:47 PM
    What happens if I add a new line of service to my account and swap the new phone for an older phone on my account? My wife's phone is a little beat up and she really wants a Pearl.

I got my Curve on an early upgrade since I'm the primary line. No such luck in getting VZW to cooperate to get one for her birthday. Maybe I can try for Christmas...
    10-17-08 08:41 PM
    Why does the service suddenly cut out, when i try to make/receive a call i cant hear anything. No ringer, voices (mine - theirs) nothing until i do a soft reset. why?
    10-17-08 10:12 PM
    I'm eligible for upgrade in April of 2009. I want the Storm but don't want to pay retail price. I've been a loyal Verizon customer for about 7 years. Is there any chance you will let me upgrade now to the Storm at the discounted 2 year price if i renew for 2 years?
    10-17-08 10:52 PM
    Why does the service suddenly cut out, when i try to make/receive a call i cant hear anything. No ringer, voices (mine - theirs) nothing until i do a soft reset. why?
    Known issue. Will be resolved when 4.5 is released.
    10-18-08 12:08 AM
    I have a 1400 minute family share plan with 1 regular phone and 3 BB.
    One BB is eligible for upgrade and the regular phone is eligible.
    Do you think I will be able to upgrade the regular phone to a Storm and switch it to second BB and just keep the regular phone as is after numbers are switched around? Does this make sense.
    My daughter and I both want a Storm and I am eligible, she is not.
    If possible, should we do it over the phone or in store.
    thanks
    If I am readng this right, yes. You can do it in a store or over the phone.
    10-18-08 12:11 AM
    I'm eligible for upgrade in April of 2009. I want the Storm but don't want to pay retail price. I've been a loyal Verizon customer for about 7 years. Is there any chance you will let me upgrade now to the Storm at the discounted 2 year price if i renew for 2 years?
    You can upgrade after one year. You will get the two year pricing and any rebates available. What you give up is your new every 2.
    10-18-08 12:13 AM
    Alright, here's what I got...

I'm currently on a Family Share plan, I'm not the account holder, but I am one of the secondary line holders - right now I'm stuck with a craptastic LG phone (I didn't get to pick it out) and plan on upgrading to the Storm when it comes out. My Verizon states that I'm eligible for a NE2 on 3/23/09 (Which i know isn't right, since I'm a secondary line)

I also get a 19% discount through my employer (There is currently no discount on the account, cause the holder is self-employed)

My Question is - is there a possibility to transfer my secondary line to an individual account of it's own, where I pay my own bill with my employer discount and keep my number? If I do this, would it reset the NE2, or keep the 3/23/09 date? (Also is there a fee if I move to an individual line?)

Basically, is there any way to keep my existing number and have the discount to get the Storm? Or will I be forced to give up my number and open a brand new account, with a new number, just to get the discount? (Essentially leaving the other account in the family share still, meaning it'd still have to be paid for)

In the end, I want to keep my number and get the discount, but don't want to wait till nearly April - Doubt I can afford a storm retail... who knows what that'll be.

Thanks for any help!!!
    10-18-08 03:25 AM

I'm currently on a Family Share plan, I'm not the account holder, but I am one of the secondary line holders - right now I'm stuck with a craptastic LG phone (I didn't get to pick it out) and plan on upgrading to the Storm when it comes out. My Verizon states that I'm eligible for a NE2 on 3/23/09 (Which i know isn't right, since I'm a secondary line)

I also get a 19% discount through my employer (There is currently no discount on the account, cause the holder is self-employed)

My Question is - is there a possibility to transfer my secondary line to an individual account of it's own, where I pay my own bill with my employer discount and keep my number? If I do this, would it reset the NE2, or keep the 3/23/09 date? (Also is there a fee if I move to an individual line?)

Basically, is there any way to keep my existing number and have the discount to get the Storm? Or will I be forced to give up my number and open a brand new account, with a new number, just to get the discount? (Essentially leaving the other account in the family share still, meaning it'd still have to be paid for)

In the end, I want to keep my number and get the discount, but don't want to wait till nearly April - Doubt I can afford a storm retail... who knows what that'll be.

Thanks for any help!!!
    This just a statement - in order to have your own line you need be at least 18.

Yes everything above can be done. If you wish to break out and your own account, the account owner will need to call in and authorize an Assumption of liablility (AOL). Once this is noted on the account, the AOL team will run a credit check on you and start the new account. YES! your number will stay the same.

As a new account you will qualify for the device discounts. Once you get the storm (when it is released) this will reset your NE2. I would wait to do this when the storm comes out. This way it can all be done at once. I would have the account owner call earlier to authorize the AOL.

Best thing to do is call your carrier and talk to a CS expert and they can in full deatal fo over the process and procing with you. BTW, 19% is an awesome discount.
    Last edited by lastraid; 10-18-08 at 08:58 AM.
    10-18-08 08:54 AM

Thanks for any help!!!
    I just did this a few months ago. I had a line on my parents' account and I transferred liability from my dad to me, and then transferred liability of my then-fiancee-now-wife's line into my name. Painless. The new phone thing might be tricky, but the TOL should be cinchy.

You'll need to have the primary account holder call and authorize the transfer, then you'll have to call and listen to the contract terms and assume liability of the line.
    10-18-08 08:54 AM
    Thanks for the help, 4-HGeek and lastraid - exactly what I was looking for

The over 18 part isn't a problem, the only problem is finally getting off this Family Share that I've stuck on for so long.
    10-18-08 01:52 PM
    I'd call and see what they can do for you, from what your saying if they would have sent a phone when you first called then you'd have a new one. Worth a shot at calling... worse the rep would say is no.
    Thanks,
    The rep said no, but told me to go to the store to activate it. Not sure why it couldn't be done while I was on my land-line with him. But I won't gripe long on that because the store let me exchange it for a new phone. They said it could be done under warranty or an insurance claim, so they were very kind and took care of me.
    Best news: I am now receiving phone calls, I had almost forgotten that my BB is a phone too.
    10-19-08 07:19 PM
    About the VIP Merits program...

Is it a regional thing? Because... I meet all the requirements I think, but I'm in Michigan?
    Just to be sure what are the requirements again?
    10-21-08 01:09 AM
    Im in a family plan. 4 lines. My dad is Primary. I got a new phone about a year ago.
    We pay about 260ish each month, can my mom get a new phone? she hasn't got a new one for 2 years. Or can only the primary get the new phone.
    10-21-08 01:31 AM
    About the VIP Merits program...

Is it a regional thing? Because... I meet all the requirements I think, but I'm in Michigan?
    Just to be sure what are the requirements again?
    Not sure of all the requirements, but I'm in Michigan, I qualified and have been included in VIP merits since July/August.
    10-21-08 02:09 PM
    Im in a family plan. 4 lines. My dad is Primary. I got a new phone about a year ago.
    We pay about 260ish each month, can my mom get a new phone? she hasn't got a new one for 2 years. Or can only the primary get the new phone.
    10-21-08 06:19 PM
    Hokinabru, each line gets a upgrade discount 20 months after it's last discount. Only the primary gets the additional New Every 2 credit and only the primary can upgrade early (losing the new every 2 credit) 12 months after their last discount. Which phone number actually receives the device purchased doesn't matter, what matters is that each line gets one every 20 months and it requires a contract extension on that line.
    10-21-08 06:25 PM
5,111 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD