View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    ^^^ up to 5gb like the rest of the big 3. i had a question as well. i am a current vzw crackberry user and i was wondering if it was possible to get my old sprint 8703e working as verizon as a back up. i know there is all types of crazy hacks and stuff but i'm not really into doing all that and i would want to make sure its fully functional i.e. voice sms and data
    07-13-09 11:18 PM
    I've been trying to figure out how to do the following:

I want my BB [Tour] to integrate 'seamlessly' with my hosted MS Outlook 2007 Exchange Server system, so the BB will behave much like my laptop and desktop do, Outlook-wise.

Put another way, on my BB, in addition to email, I'd like my Outlook Calendar, Contacts, ToDo lists, etc. to be available for real-time editing, etc. just like they are on my laptop and desktop, WITHOUT the need to do any sort of 'synching' step.....

Seems like a common need, but my local VZW rep says can't be done without a 'manual synch' step....

Thoughts??
    07-13-09 11:19 PM
    I've been trying to figure out how to do the following:

I want my BB [Tour] to integrate 'seamlessly' with my hosted MS Outlook 2007 Exchange Server system, so the BB will behave much like my laptop and desktop do, Outlook-wise.

Put another way, on my BB, in addition to email, I'd like my Outlook Calendar, Contacts, ToDo lists, etc. to be available for real-time editing, etc. just like they are on my laptop and desktop, WITHOUT the need to do any sort of 'synching' step.....

Seems like a common need, but my local VZW rep says can't be done without a 'manual synch' step....

Thoughts??
    This is true. In order for this to happen, you will need a BES server or Blackberry connect - same thing just cheaper and all software driven. Either way over all not a cheap propisition.
    07-14-09 04:45 PM
    ^^^ up to 5gb like the rest of the big 3. i had a question as well. i am a current vzw crackberry user and i was wondering if it was possible to get my old sprint 8703e working as verizon as a back up. i know there is all types of crazy hacks and stuff but i'm not really into doing all that and i would want to make sure its fully functional i.e. voice sms and data
    nope- the ESN is not in the VZW data base and most likely will not be added.
    07-14-09 04:46 PM
    I need to call in the morning, but I got a text stating that I'm on track to incur overage charges for my data plan. I've only had the BB two weeks. I asked the CSR who helped me whether it was an unlimited data plan 3 times, and she said yes. How can I be charged for overage if I'm on an unlimited plan?
    Are you using it tethered as a modem for a laptop?
    07-14-09 04:47 PM
    I just upgraded from the Pearl to the Curve 8330. I'm very disappointed that it doesn't have SureType technology on it. Is there an application that I can download for SureType??

Thanks,
    Shannon
    07-15-09 06:43 AM
    No. SureType is not for phones with qwerty keyboards.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 08:05 AM
    I just upgraded from the Pearl to the Curve 8330. I'm very disappointed that it doesn't have SureType technology on it. Is there an application that I can download for SureType??

Thanks,
    Shannon
    Be patient. IIrc, OS 5.0 will bring suretype to qwerty keyboards, which will be released very soon.

07-15-09 10:17 AM
    I have a older verizon curve that will not sync contacts via bluetooth with my new 750il BMW. Any helpful hints out there? bobknest@hotmail with help if so.
    07-15-09 10:40 AM
    Ok, I'll ask one.

I currently have a 8330. I'm on the 59.00 plan with data. My contract end date is 10-1-10. My annual upgrade, from what I'm told is on 10-1-09.

The thing I've been told is that on 10-1-09, I can get the 199.99 price. But I have to wait. Fine. That's the rules and I get that.

Well, here in the forums on another thread, I see another poster tell me that basically, "I've got the same contract date as you...they gave me the 1 year price, then they even went as far as to give me the 2 year 199.99 price now."

Ok, that really ticks me off. Why....WHY.....are some people treated differently in the same situation!
    Last edited by wetherb67; 07-16-09 at 06:19 AM.
    07-16-09 06:04 AM
    Ok, I'll ask one.

I currently have a 8330. I'm on the 59.00 plan with data. My contract end date is 10-1-10. My annual upgrade, from what I'm told is on 10-1-09.

The thing I've been told is that on 10-1-09, I can get the 199.99 price. But I have to wait. Fine. That's the rules and I get that.

Well, here in the forums on another thread, I see another poster tell me that basically, "I've got the same contract date as you...they gave me the 1 year price, then they even went as far as to give me the 2 year 199.99 price now."

Ok, that really ticks me off. Why....WHY.....are some people treated differently in the same situation!
    Just because your contract ends the same time doesn't mean the situations are the same. He could have broken his phone, he may have been given misinformation, he may be VIP, .... And I'm not saying that it didn't happen, but how do you know who to belive on an internet forum? I have 5 Storm 2's on my desk right now... I said it, so that makes it so?

Every situation is different.
    07-16-09 06:57 AM
    Okay - quick BlackBerry connection refresher.

BIS= Phone-Carrier-RIM-Data Source

BES= Phone-Carrier-BES-RIM-Data Source

Any of these points can allow/restrict data or connectivity. The one in your control is the Phone.

First check your access permissions for that application on your phone. Allow it, if needed.
    The carrier & RIM points only restrict access if the data is damaging to network - SongID is not something either would restrict.

So, if at this point, you've checked your settings and it still doesn't work, try reinstalling the app, paying special attention to any security alerts. If it still doesn't work, you know it is your BES admin that has a block on the software access. This means you will need to request that your IT folks allow it access. If they say no, you're stuck. They often will use the same or tighter policies for BlackBerry as they do for company computer and may not oblige your request.

For some, the added gateways needed for BlackBerry are worth the extra hoops to jump through. For others, they are unnecessary & just slow things down. But if your employer requires BlackBerry, you may not have much choice - it is just the way BlackBerry works.

Thank you soo much for your help Twins.
    07-16-09 08:34 AM
    My NE2 date is for sunday, I called last night trying to get a tour earlier than that. I was told that with manager approval, which was implied to be fairly easy to get, they would do the upgrade 30 days prior to the NE2 date and still honor the discounts if you renew your contract. They said the only advantage to waiting is if you order from the verizon website, you will get the $70 rebate instantly instead of having to mail it and wait.
    07-16-09 10:32 AM
    Forgive me if this has been asked before.

I upgraded to a Curve last August and extended my contract (I am guessing it was a 2yr extension although I am eligible to an upgrade in Oct. 2010 according to the website). My phone is the 2nd phone on my wife's account. I am getting ready to start working for a new company that says they can put my phone on their corporate plan so they pay the bill. If I do something like that what happens to the ETF?
    07-16-09 12:04 PM
    Hey guys

I am hoping someone with Verizon can give me some pointers. We have a family share plan that we pay $100 for every month with 4 phones, two of which are blackberrys. We upgraded the primary line last August and the secondary line last november. I called to see if I could upgrade the primary line today with out VIP credit. I was told I could do the VIP credit but couldn't do it online for the online price. BUT I would get the mail in rebate for the difference. I said no thank you. Called the store. Keep in mind I am being polite- not rude or nasty. I got this **** who told me I wouldn't get my annual upgrade for any lines. I called Verizon CS back and they said they wouldn't upgrade me early period and they would only give me one upgrade this year and not a second before August 12th (when I upgraded last year). I am frustrated! I want the online price with the VIP discount but don't think I'm going to get it. We have been with Verizon 6 years and really this is my first bad experience with them. Any pointers? Any help is appreciated. I don't even want the Tour- I am trying to get my husband the Pearl Flip. Thanks!

07-16-09 01:53 PM
    Hey guys

I am hoping someone with Verizon can give me some pointers. We have a family share plan that we pay $100 for every month with 4 phones, two of which are blackberrys. We upgraded the primary line last August and the secondary line last november. I called to see if I could upgrade the primary line today with out VIP credit. I was told I could do the VIP credit but couldn't do it online for the online price. BUT I would get the mail in rebate for the difference. I said no thank you. Called the store. Keep in mind I am being polite- not rude or nasty. I got this **** who told me I wouldn't get my annual upgrade for any lines. I called Verizon CS back and they said they wouldn't upgrade me early period and they would only give me one upgrade this year and not a second before August 12th (when I upgraded last year). I am frustrated! I want the online price with the VIP discount but don't think I'm going to get it. We have been with Verizon 6 years and really this is my first bad experience with them. Any pointers? Any help is appreciated. I don't even want the Tour- I am trying to get my husband the Pearl Flip. Thanks!

Sounds like the store gave you the correct information. VIP upgrades are yearly so you would have to wait 12 months to upgrade your primary line again.

07-16-09 02:30 PM
    Sounds like the store gave you the correct information. VIP upgrades are yearly so you would have to wait 12 months to upgrade your primary line again.

The STORE told me no upgrades period. Each person I talked to gave me a different story. I am not looking for a free upgrade, just want to get what I got last year.
    07-16-09 02:57 PM
    I just got the 8330 curve... is there a way to get my contacts added?
    I used the backup assistant with my old phone (envy2).

Thanks!
    07-16-09 03:24 PM
    The STORE told me no upgrades period. Each person I talked to gave me a different story. I am not looking for a free upgrade, just want to get what I got last year.
    unfortunately you get the luck of the draw with VZW.

i personally know of several people and also on the forums who have contract dates within a few days of mine that have been given nice deals (yes, both are in the same situation as me.....blackberry, good credit history, single line...etc...).

call me a whiner if you will but i think it's wrong to give deals depending on who you talk to. i understand defective equipment etc. but i know that these situations were the same as mine.
    07-16-09 03:32 PM
    Alright my question to the oh so wonderful VZW reps is, would you consider me a very loyal and responsible customer? I pay my bill 16 days in advance and I am always considerate and professional towards all VZW reps, I also dont beg for new devices or ask stupid questions about this and that. I dont ever ask questions that I already know the answers too. Yes im going to be spending about $1500 a year on services which I dont mind, soon I will be switching my plan over to the totally unlimited plan for BB users. Another thing to all VZW reps, Thank you! Have a great day and be safe!
    Last edited by Tripster; 07-16-09 at 04:46 PM.
    07-16-09 04:00 PM
    I just got the 8330 curve... is there a way to get my contacts added?
    I used the backup assistant with my old phone (envy2).

Thanks!
    Take your env2 to a store and have hem moved to your curve, this is the easiest way
    07-16-09 07:10 PM
    Hey guys

Sounds like you're not eligible for an early upgrade until August 12th ( when your primary line upgraded last year ). Maybe the first rep that offered to order the phone for you was doing you a favor, by allowing your upgrade even before your early upgrade. Should have let them upgrade you at that time, looks like you missed out until August 12th. Sorry.
    07-16-09 08:02 PM
    I agree alot of the times it just debends on who you talk to, and what time it is and what kind of mood i am in.
    07-16-09 08:33 PM
    I have a question for the reps. I am on an Alltel plan which I am completely happy with and just bought a new phone before the switchover in my market, which I had to go into the Verizon store to do. When I got my new phone, one of the Verizon reps (while I was waiting for the Alltel rep) tried to sell me on the fact that I could get the phone I wanted (8330) from them with a better deal than Alltel, blah blah blah, but I would have to buy 3 new phones to move over. Didn't want to AND that was too much money at one time. No big deal, I told him I wasn't interested and got my phone from my Alltel rep.

When I stopped in to check out the employee discount today, was told that I couldn't get it without changing to a Verizon and plan and, you guessed it, 3 new phones. Of course, again that wasn't going to happen as I love my plan, and have a brand new phone already. I wasn't upset that I couldn't get it ... it wasn't enough of a discount to warrant losing the plan and features I have. I was OK with it, but the rep got a little huffy about me not wanting to switch, but that's another story.

My question is, what happens with my other two lines when their upgrades come up in February and next September? The store rep basically told me today that I will have no choice and that they WILL get me for three new phones at once whether it be now or 6 months from now when my next line's upgrade is due because any future upgrades will involve Verizon equipment which will require Verizon plans which require all 3 lines getting new equipment. Is this true?
    07-16-09 09:11 PM
    I agree alot of the times it just debends on who you talk to, and what time it is and what kind of mood i am in.
    Honestly, I don't care what time it is and what kind of mood you are in. I want a company to treat people fairly and make exceptions when the situation warrants....but NOT make exceptions solely based on feelings or time of day or the luck of draw of whichever person you happen to talk to. That is BS. If two people with identical situations call and request an early upgrade they should both be given the same information, the same dates, and the same prices. Should McDonalds start charging different prices for their burgers depending on which cashier you get?

Not the right way to do business IMHO!
    07-16-09 09:17 PM
5,111 ... 117118119120121 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD