View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    On my 3rd BB (currently an 8330) and looking at the Tour. I do not travel outside the US and really do not not need that feature. Is Verizon looking at updating the Curve similar to the 8900? Pardon me if this was asked before but could not find the thread.....

Thanks!
    07-10-09 08:10 AM
    On my 3rd BB (currently an 8330) and looking at the Tour. I do not travel outside the US and really do not not need that feature. Is Verizon looking at updating the Curve similar to the 8900? Pardon me if this was asked before but could not find the thread.....

Thanks!
    There have been no rumors that this will happen. Please remember though, when asking on thread for reps to answer about device releases, we do not have anymore info then you have.
    07-10-09 08:14 AM

Thanks!
    I think you might be referring to the 8530. While I only have the speculation from a site such as phonearena.com it is scheduled for the 1st quarter of 2010.

Search BB Aries
    07-10-09 09:22 AM
    Question,

Question, if X amount of people are on an account is everyone a VIP member and can get fee's waived such as phone book transfers etc? Or is only the primary account holder line the VIP member?

Thanks.
    You ALL have the fees waived (phonebook transfer, phone number change, ESN change, etc.) but ONLY THE PRIMARY has the $50.00 VIP credit annually. You all also share the 25% off accessories.
    07-10-09 04:19 PM
    i just unlocked my storm by calling a verizon rep...will it work with alltel?
    07-11-09 03:20 PM
    AllTel doesn't use SIM cards for domestic service so unlocking it is irrelevant.
    07-11-09 03:21 PM
    I am currently using an LG Voyeger as my phone. I am a secondary line on a family share plan (my mom being the primary). We are not VIP members and my 2yr upgrade is Nov 8/09 and this is the earliest upgrade in my family's plan.

I would very much like to upgrade to the Blackberry Tour ASAP. I was wondering if there is anyone here that has gotten an early upgrade and would be willing to help me out by telling me how they went out doing so.

Any VZW reps your help would be greatly appreciated on the correct way to go about getting an early upgrade. I may be wrong, but I thought that by upgrading early to a Blackberry would allow Verizon to get more money since I would have to upgrade my family share plan with a BIS plan which would be an additional $30 each month for verizon.

Any help and tips is appreaciated...Thanks for you time!
    07-11-09 03:33 PM
    I am currently using an LG Voyeger as my phone. I am a secondary line on a family share plan (my mom being the primary). We are not VIP members and my 2yr upgrade is Nov 8/09 and this is the earliest upgrade in my family's plan.

I would very much like to upgrade to the Blackberry Tour ASAP. I was wondering if there is anyone here that has gotten an early upgrade and would be willing to help me out by telling me how they went out doing so.

Any VZW reps your help would be greatly appreciated on the correct way to go about getting an early upgrade. I may be wrong, but I thought that by upgrading early to a Blackberry would allow Verizon to get more money since I would have to upgrade my family share plan with a BIS plan which would be an additional $30 each month for verizon.

Any help and tips is appreaciated...Thanks for you time!
    You can upgrade at any time by paying full price. Just because you're going to add a data plan doesn't make you eligible to upgrade with a discount any time you want.
    07-11-09 03:49 PM
    I have a question, I'm adding myself onto my family's plan for verizon wireless, and I have added the new blackberry tour to my cart. My family is already enrolled under an unlimited text message plan. However, when I'm adding the line for my new phone it won't let me continue to checkout without forcing me to add a text messaging plan. Does each phone under a family plan need their own individual text messaging plan? Should I just select pay per message and assume it's under the unlimited family plan?

Thanks
    07-11-09 03:52 PM
    Are you doing this under a Nationwide basic or Select plan?
    07-11-09 04:13 PM
    The plan itself is called,

NATIONWIDE SELECT FAMILY SHARE PRIMARY 700 $90
    07-11-09 04:20 PM
    I have a question, I'm adding myself onto my family's plan for verizon wireless, and I have added the new blackberry tour to my cart. My family is already enrolled under an unlimited text message plan. However, when I'm adding the line for my new phone it won't let me continue to checkout without forcing me to add a text messaging plan. Does each phone under a family plan need their own individual text messaging plan? Should I just select pay per message and assume it's under the unlimited family plan?

Thanks
    Make sure you're logged into your family's account and not signing up for new service. If you have a select plan all the lines on the account have unlimited texting.
    07-11-09 04:24 PM
    The plan itself is called,

NATIONWIDE SELECT FAMILY SHARE PRIMARY 700 $90
    Select will include unlim text and picture messaging. so pick the pay as you go. The system just needs something
    07-11-09 04:24 PM
    Nevermind, didn't realize I had to reselect the select plan when I was adding a line. Thanks.
    07-11-09 04:30 PM
    Alright guys, my question is what is the best option to go with in my situation?

I'm gonna' try to pick up a BB Tour tomorrow in store, if no luck I have no problem just ordering it online, but I thought I'd give it a try.

I'm using an upgrade for another line of my account because I'm not eligible for an upgrade yet (I got the Storm, enough said.) One line is my brother's which is some ancient LG phone that is a secondary line which doesn't get any discount other than the 2 year pricing for the Tour. The second option is my mobilebroadband card which is eligible for a 1 year upgrade which DOES get the $50 off the 2 year pricing for the Tour. Now, I want to go with my broadband card because I no longer need it, but in order to use it's upgrade, what could I do with that line? Just go ahead and start up another contract with the broadband card or get one of my old LG phones and make it into a phone plan?

I even want to lean towards just using my brother's line so that the broadband card can just follow through and end the contract. Any insight would help...maybe there is something else I could do that I missed. Thanks in advance!
    07-11-09 10:42 PM
    Alright guys, my question is what is the best option to go with in my situation?

I'm gonna' try to pick up a BB Tour tomorrow in store, if no luck I have no problem just ordering it online, but I thought I'd give it a try.

I'm using an upgrade for another line of my account because I'm not eligible for an upgrade yet (I got the Storm, enough said.) One line is my brother's which is some ancient LG phone that is a secondary line which doesn't get any discount other than the 2 year pricing for the Tour. The second option is my mobilebroadband card which is eligible for a 1 year upgrade which DOES get the $50 off the 2 year pricing for the Tour. Now, I want to go with my broadband card because I no longer need it, but in order to use it's upgrade, what could I do with that line? Just go ahead and start up another contract with the broadband card or get one of my old LG phones and make it into a phone plan?

I even want to lean towards just using my brother's line so that the broadband card can just follow through and end the contract. Any insight would help...maybe there is something else I could do that I missed. Thanks in advance!
    You have TWO choices...you can do what is called a "Buddy Upgrade" which is where you would use the discounts available on another line (your brothers or you bba card) BUT activate the phone on your primary line...The 2nd option you have is converting the BBA card to a phone line and then doing an ESN change or swap with your primary line...
    07-11-09 11:04 PM
    I am currently a secondary line on a family plan, eligible for an upgrade, and the primary line is eligible for a NE2 upgrade as well. We currently receive a discount on the primary line, which would also apply to the BIS plan. I was wondering how I should go about upgrading my current LG phone to a Tour (using the NE2) while also receiving the discount on the BIS plan. Can I just switch my number to the primary account number (to receive the discount), and then use the NE2 to upgrade to a blackberry? Thanks
    07-11-09 11:38 PM
    You have TWO choices...you can do what is called a "Buddy Upgrade" which is where you would use the discounts available on another line (your brothers or you bba card) BUT activate the phone on your primary line...The 2nd option you have is converting the BBA card to a phone line and then doing an ESN change or swap with your primary line...
    I'm not a rep and I'm not trying to be mean, but both of your suggestions were already mentioned in his question.

@OP You do have a few choices, you could use your broadband's upgrade to get the extra discount and change it to a phone line and put the LG dinosaur on it so it will only run you $9.99 ( +tax! ). But, I would probably go the other way, use your brother's upgrade and disconnect the broadband card, in the long run this will be your cheaper option. It's either save $50 now, or spend $240 over the course of 2 years with that new phone contract ( it would actually be more than that because of taxes ).
    07-12-09 12:27 AM
    I am currently a secondary line on a family plan, eligible for an upgrade, and the primary line is eligible for a NE2 upgrade as well. We currently receive a discount on the primary line, which would also apply to the BIS plan. I was wondering how I should go about upgrading my current LG phone to a Tour (using the NE2) while also receiving the discount on the BIS plan. Can I just switch my number to the primary account number (to receive the discount), and then use the NE2 to upgrade to a blackberry? Thanks
    Do the upgrade first, because if you switch your line to the primary line, your current primary line will lose the NE2, and your line won't be eligible for NE2 for 20 months after the change. So, do the upgrade, take advantage of the NE2, switch the Blackberry to your phone number, then have your line changed to the primary line ( try to have the plan switch on your bill cycle date ).
    07-12-09 12:30 AM
    Yeah, I was going with that solution as well. Thanks for the input!!
    07-12-09 01:55 AM
    I'm not a rep and I'm not trying to be mean, but both of your suggestions were already mentioned in his question.

@OP You do have a few choices, you could use your broadband's upgrade to get the extra discount and change it to a phone line and put the LG dinosaur on it so it will only run you $9.99 ( +tax! ). But, I would probably go the other way, use your brother's upgrade and disconnect the broadband card, in the long run this will be your cheaper option. It's either save $50 now, or spend $240 over the course of 2 years with that new phone contract ( it would actually be more than that because of taxes ).
    Ooops...I was to quick to reply and didnt fully understand his question...
    07-12-09 04:25 PM
    I have a bogo curve, still within my 30 days. Can I exchange foe the Tour? Or will it cost me some cash?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 04:42 PM
    I have a bogo curve, still within my 30 days. Can I exchange foe the Tour? Or will it cost me some cash?

You will have to pay the difference.... $269.99 with $70 mail in rebate. Or if you return it, you can upgrade online to get the instant rebate.
    07-12-09 04:47 PM
    So 199 after rebate? Is 269 discounted at all?

07-12-09 04:53 PM
    So 199 after rebate? Is 269 discounted at all?

Full retail is $489.99, so yeah, it is discounted.
    07-12-09 05:23 PM
5,111 ... 115116117118119 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD