View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    I just upgraded on a plan that was not due til 08/28/09 via 611. They asked me what I was expecting to pay, I told them the internet price and they gave me that price.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 02:21 PM
    Quick question: If I pay the ETF and switch to another carrier, will I still be able to keep my number or do I have to surrender it?
    07-09-09 02:57 PM
    I just upgraded on a plan that was not due til 08/28/09 via 611. They asked me what I was expecting to pay, I told them the internet price and they gave me that price.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I am in the exact same boat as far as a 08/28/09 upgrade date and wishing to have a Tour asap. Can you go into a little more detail about what you said etc.? And I apologize for such a newb question but what is '611'?
    07-09-09 03:14 PM
    Quick question: If I pay the ETF and switch to another carrier, will I still be able to keep my number or do I have to surrender it?
    You dont have to surrender the phone number. All you have to do BEFORE you disconnect your service with Verizon Wireless ask your NEW carrier to complete a PORT-IN..They will ask you for the mobile number, your account # , password and billing address that you have with VZW....Just make sure your line is still active or the port will not be able to be completed...Once the NEW carrier completes the port, the service with VZW will automatically be disconnected...

PM me if you have any questions...
    07-09-09 03:35 PM
    Quick (but stupid) question:

I plan to buy the Tour, but the only problem is that I'm the secondary line on my account - which is not eligible for the annual upgrade. However, my mother who is the primary line is eligible. I can pre-order the Tour from her My Verizon account for $199. I was told that all I would have to do is activate it from her line, and then re-activate her actual phone (the Chocolate) and proceed to activate the tour onto my line.

My question is - when placing the order for the Tour through her account, it prompts me to choose the data plan, the texting, etc. I already have all of that on my line. Do I need to add that to her line too and then take it off? Is there an easy way to go about doing this? It seems like a hassle and I don't want my mom to be charged that $45 that it says is due every month.
    Becuase the phone is being ordered thru your Mother's line you will be prompted to choose a data plan and other additonal features...NOW the Data plan (either $29.99 or $44.99) is MANDATORY so you will have to choose one of those but as far as any additional features (Text) dont choose anything...once you activate the phone on your line your bundle will stay. Now as long as you complete the ESN change on the same day your mom might see 1 day of charges (MOST LIKELY NOT) but the remainder will be on your line...

Another option would be to wait until 07/12 and order the phone via Customer Service and have them do a "Buddy-Upgrade" which is where you order the phone on the line that is eligible but at time of activation it would automatically activate on the line of your liking...

Hope this helps...
    07-09-09 03:41 PM
    is there a way to return a vzw giftcard for money??
    You CANT return it but you can go into your local bank and exchange it for cash...do you still have the paperwork that came with the rebate card? The reason I ask is because if you look to the right of the CITI logo it gives you 4 different options on how you can use the rebate card....
    07-09-09 03:44 PM
    I am in the exact same boat as far as a 08/28/09 upgrade date and wishing to have a Tour asap. Can you go into a little more detail about what you said etc.? And I apologize for such a newb question but what is '611'?
    To be honest with you, I DOUBT that they will do it on 7/12 if your upgrade date is in late August.....Customer Service will mostly always upgrade within 30 days of your actual date as an exception....stores on the other hand are a different story, because it is up to the Manager.....I WOULD ASK ANYWAYS.....it never hurts to try....
    07-09-09 03:46 PM
    Becuase the phone is being ordered thru your Mother's line you will be prompted to choose a data plan and other additonal features...NOW the Data plan (either $29.99 or $44.99) is MANDATORY so you will have to choose one of those but as far as any additional features (Text) dont choose anything...once you activate the phone on your line your bundle will stay. Now as long as you complete the ESN change on the same day your mom might see 1 day of charges (MOST LIKELY NOT) but the remainder will be on your line...

Another option would be to wait until 07/12 and order the phone via Customer Service and have them do a "Buddy-Upgrade" which is where you order the phone on the line that is eligible but at time of activation it would automatically activate on the line of your liking...

Hope this helps...
    This does help a great deal, thanks!

The reason I'm opting to do it online is so I don't have to wait for that $70 to come back to me. Will I still have to do the MIR if I go through CS?
    07-09-09 03:48 PM
    One question, and one comment:

Question
    I had to call CS last night to get texts unblocked on my phone and add the $5 plan. The rep I spoke to was an absolute delight. I unfortunately forgot to note her name. In the future, if I really like the rep I speak to and would like her/his manager to know that I'm pleased with the service I received, how would I do that? Can I ask to be connected to a survey, or would I be better off writing in on the website, or what?

Comment
    My rep noted that I've been NE2 eligible since November and asked if I was waiting for any phone in particular. I informed her I was holding on for the Tour, and she wanted to make sure that I was aware of the $30 data plan requirement. I told her I was a member of Crackberry.com and knew all about them, so not to worry! She then laughed and said that a friend of hers had told her about a website called "Crackberry" and she'd thought that her friend was pulling her leg. I found this very amusing.
    The comment....LOL....

Int the future WHEN you get great customer service from Verizon Wireless you can also ask the representative to transfer you to her direct Supervisor (they all have extensions). You will most likely leave a voicemail but this way the representative will get recognized by their Supervisor/Director...the website works too so you have a couple options...
    07-09-09 03:54 PM
    This does help a great deal, thanks!

The reason I'm opting to do it online is so I don't have to wait for that $70 to come back to me. Will I still have to do the MIR if I go through CS?
    Yeah If you process the order thru CS you will have to wait for the MIR...

So if you want to do it online for the MIR reason, just choose the data plan and nothing else...I will also check if there is an option to do a buddy upgrade online and get back to you....
    07-09-09 03:56 PM
    Yeah If you process the order thru CS you will have to wait for the MIR...

So if you want to do it online for the MIR reason, just choose the data plan and nothing else...I will also check if there is an option to do a buddy upgrade online and get back to you....
    Hmm, then I will definitely be placing my order online within the next couple of days. I'm not too worried about using the buddy upgrade system as long as I can activate the tour on my mom's account, re-activate her chocolate, and then finally activate the tour on mine. Hopefully it's as easy as you all are making it sound and it doesn't give me any problems!

Thanks a lot!
    07-09-09 04:12 PM
    Hmm, then I will definitely be placing my order online within the next couple of days. I'm not too worried about using the buddy upgrade system as long as I can activate the tour on my mom's account, re-activate her chocolate, and then finally activate the tour on mine. Hopefully it's as easy as you all are making it sound and it doesn't give me any problems!

Thanks a lot!
    It is that easy....PROMISE
    07-09-09 04:25 PM
    Thanks for the reply, what is "reasonable time" 7 days?
    Actully should he same day. If you you return it at the store, make sure they do it. I do not remember if you are are returning to the warehouse, if you that when you have watch for it.
    07-09-09 04:52 PM
    I just called and said I have a phone that is having issues (true story) and I wanted to see if I could use the Aug upgrade now. First guy told me no, 30 days out. I called back about an hour later and asked the same question to another CSR and she said yes and the order was done.

To be honest with you, I DOUBT that they will do it on 7/12 if your upgrade date is in late August.....Customer Service will mostly always upgrade within 30 days of your actual date as an exception.
    My last 3 phones I have upgraded on my account has come between 40-55 days before my upgrade date, and they have done it for me. For me, however they have all been issues with the current phones so I dont know if that was why or not but they do do it.
    07-09-09 05:08 PM
    My storm is freezing. I try to answer the phone and it doesn't do anything. I"m losing business.
    07-09-09 05:22 PM
    My storm is freezing. I try to answer the phone and it doesn't do anything. I"m losing business.
    Do a battery pull
    07-09-09 05:51 PM
    Do a battery pull
    As a general rule of thumb with the POS Storm you should do at least one battery pull on a daily basis, if not two or three. This is due to memory leaks, because applications are not shutting down properly.

The other way to fix the problem is to do a backup of your messages and contact list, wipe the phone, and then reinstall your OS and then restore the messages. Do not restore any third party apps during this process. You can selectively reinstall your third party apps (one at a time) until the problem comes back and then you can contact the software vendor for an updated version.
    07-09-09 06:12 PM
    Hi, I have a quick question about the vzw blackberry insurance. I went to a vzw store yesterday and was told that the deductible was $89. I've heard that people around here are getting a $50 deductible on their insurance plans. Could I get some clarification if I was misinformed or the deductible changed recently? Thanks.
    07-09-09 06:14 PM
    Hi, I have a quick question about the vzw blackberry insurance. I went to a vzw store yesterday and was told that the deductible was $89. I've heard that people around here are getting a $50 deductible on their insurance plans. Could I get some clarification if I was misinformed or the deductible changed recently? Thanks.
    You were not misinformed. The rate for inurance and deductables have recently gone up. If you have the old insurance, you keep it until you upgrade and the then rates and deductables kick in.
    07-09-09 07:11 PM
    Looking to switching to the Tour (maybe, still thinking about it) on my upgrade date on 7/18/09 and I'm well aware that I would have to change my plan.

I currently have the $39.99 450 Mins. Plan, $5.99 Insurance, $10.00 for Unlimited/500 Texts which comes in between $60 to $70 a month. What changes would I have to make to my plan?

Also, Insurance goes up and I pay more a month/bigger deductible for the Tour??

Thanks so much!!
    07-09-09 07:21 PM
    Looking to switching to the Tour (maybe, still thinking about it) on my upgrade date on 7/18/09 and I'm well aware that I would have to change my plan.

I currently have the $39.99 450 Mins. Plan, $5.99 Insurance, $10.00 for Unlimited/500 Texts which comes in between $60 to $70 a month. What changes would I have to make to my plan?

Also, Insurance goes up and I pay more a month/bigger deductible for the Tour??

Thanks so much!!
    If you do not have a data plan on your current device, then you will need to add one. If you do, then that will follow.

Yes you get the higher insurnace if you choose to insure the device.
    07-09-09 07:25 PM
    So I had to delete my calendar because google sync created duplicates...anyone know how to now get the birthdays of my contacts back into my calendar??? They were deleted with all the other stuff...but I want my contacts birthdays to continue to appear.
    07-09-09 09:31 PM
    I have an upgrade question. Right now, I'm on a family plan with verizon and my number is the primary line. All 3 phones are eligible for upgrades right now, as the contract is nearing its end. If I bought a storm/tour now, upgrading the primary line, and wanted to buy a storm 2 when it comes out likely in november, would I be able to use one of the other lines to upgrade for the 2 year contract price? And if I did that, would it be possible to drop the storm/tour on the primary line and put the phone that was on the recently upgraded line on the old storm/tour line? Also, how would that interact with the contract if it's possible? Would it renew the two year?

Sorry if this is a little confusing >_>
    07-09-09 11:49 PM
    I have an upgrade question. Right now, I'm on a family plan with verizon and my number is the primary line. All 3 phones are eligible for upgrades right now, as the contract is nearing its end. If I bought a storm/tour now, upgrading the primary line, and wanted to buy a storm 2 when it comes out likely in november, would I be able to use one of the other lines to upgrade for the 2 year contract price? And if I did that, would it be possible to drop the storm/tour on the primary line and put the phone that was on the recently upgraded line on the old storm/tour line? Also, how would that interact with the contract if it's possible? Would it renew the two year?

Sorry if this is a little confusing >_>
    Not confusing at all...This WOULD be an option, its called a "Buddy Upgrade."

Basically at the time of the order you just let the representative know that you are ordering the phone under one of your secondary lines but you want it to be activated on your primary and everything can be completed at the time of the order so you dont even have to callback to complete the changes....

As far as the contract...well the contract WOULD be extended but ONLY on the line that you used to upgrade not the one where the phone will ultimately be activated...

Please let me know if you have any other questions...
    07-09-09 11:53 PM
    Question,

Question, if X amount of people are on an account is everyone a VIP member and can get fee's waived such as phone book transfers etc? Or is only the primary account holder line the VIP member?

Thanks.
    07-10-09 07:50 AM
5,111 ... 114115116117118 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD