View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    me either. I have alltel 1000 min,10 circle, unl text, bis on 2 BBs plus an extra non smart phone line for 160. Glad my plan will stand pat when we migrate over 2 vzw.
    We live in a society where you very much get what you pay for, and its called 'The Network' ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-09 10:39 AM
    We live in a society where you very much get what you pay for, and its called 'The Network' ...

Meh..."The Network" can be debated...someplaces it's better than other carriers, other places its not. It's all about what works for people where they are.
    07-08-09 10:41 AM
    One question, and one comment:

Question
    I had to call CS last night to get texts unblocked on my phone and add the $5 plan. The rep I spoke to was an absolute delight. I unfortunately forgot to note her name. In the future, if I really like the rep I speak to and would like her/his manager to know that I'm pleased with the service I received, how would I do that? Can I ask to be connected to a survey, or would I be better off writing in on the website, or what?

Comment
    My rep noted that I've been NE2 eligible since November and asked if I was waiting for any phone in particular. I informed her I was holding on for the Tour, and she wanted to make sure that I was aware of the $30 data plan requirement. I told her I was a member of Crackberry.com and knew all about them, so not to worry! She then laughed and said that a friend of hers had told her about a website called "Crackberry" and she'd thought that her friend was pulling her leg. I found this very amusing.
    The best way to do it is to get the reps name and submit one of the online surveys and rate him/her from 0 to 10. 0 is bad and 10 is good, obviously. The website for this is www.verizonwirelesssurvey.com. After you rate your most recent rep interaction, you can put in notes about anything you want. So, if the rep was extremely good to you, but you are unhappy about something else, this would be the part where you a.) praise the rep and b.) enter any complaints you have. However, if the rep who helped you was wonderful but you've been having a major issue with something else, rating the survey at, say, a 5 would read to the survey that the rep who helped you only rated a 5.

If you were really pleased with the rep who helped you, you can probably call customer service back and ask for her name. Every transaction timestamps your account so we do have a record of who helped you. If you explain to the rep that you just need her first name so you can submit a survey on how well she helped you, I'm sure they'll be happy to assist.
    07-08-09 10:55 AM
    I have a question about signal strength...I have noticed that VZW's coverage in the Shreveport, La area is great! However in the two places that I spend most of my time (at work and at home) it absolutely stinks. Is there a way to get my phone to look for an Alltel tower (since wer're all one big happy family now) and maybe get a better signal? Anybody sending a reply please PIN me with an answer 305DDDAC
    07-08-09 11:25 AM
    I have a question about signal strength...I have noticed that VZW's coverage in the Shreveport, La area is great! However in the two places that I spend most of my time (at work and at home) it absolutely stinks. Is there a way to get my phone to look for an Alltel tower (since wer're all one big happy family now) and maybe get a better signal? Anybody sending a reply please PIN me with an answer 305DDDAC
    Have you checked to be certain your network is set to Auto and not Home Only?

Then, while in your home area, run a fresh PRL update - *228 Option 2

FYI - on support questions, public answers are given to benefit all - plus many people do not want to give out that much personal info. Sending a PIN message can open up all sorts of worm cans.

07-08-09 01:25 PM
    Is it true that Verizon is getting an iPhone by the end of the year?
    07-08-09 01:28 PM
    Is it true that Verizon is getting an iPhone by the end of the year?
    No, but we may see a Mac netbook.

Next question.

07-08-09 01:30 PM

FYI - on support questions, public answers are given to benefit all - plus many people do not want to give out that much personal info. Sending a PIN message can open up all sorts of worm cans.

OK Twin bo do I want my "Network Technology" set to 1XEV or Global?
    07-08-09 01:37 PM

OK Twin do I want my "Network Technology" set to 1XEV or Global?
    07-08-09 01:38 PM
    In Louisiana, 1XEV. If you were in California, that might be a different story.

Seriously, anywhere in the US, 1XEV.

07-08-09 01:52 PM

The 'Network'?? What does that even mean? Guess that'd apply if I knew anyone with VZW?
    No doubt you get what you pay for....sometimes. BMW/Mercedes, sure, dropped $7 on a Whopper meal, not worth it. Some things are worth value, others are inflated value.
    07-08-09 02:37 PM
    The 'Network'?? What does that even mean? Guess that'd apply if I knew anyone with VZW?
    No doubt you get what you pay for....sometimes. BMW/Mercedes, sure, dropped $7 on a Whopper meal, not worth it. Some things are worth value, others are inflated value.
    It was a play on the slogan "It's the Network" , surely you have seen the commercials? 87.6 million US subscribers , surely you know one of two of them?

I have used many different US providers , most recently a short run with Alltel , and I can assure you there is a difference and I get what I pay for, maybe you dont...

Can you hear me now?
    07-08-09 03:01 PM
    If you don't know anyone on VZW, what are you doing trolling the VZW rep thread?

This is a Q&A forum that ideally involves a customer question and a VZW rep answer. Minus the VZW rep answer, it should at least be a knowledgeable answer. It is NOT a comment thread or a discussion thread.

Please take the trolling elsewhere.

07-08-09 03:40 PM
    If you don't know anyone on VZW, what are you doing trolling the VZW rep thread?

This is a Q&A forum that ideally involves a customer question and a VZW rep answer. Minus the VZW rep answer, it should at least be a knowledgeable answer. It is NOT a comment thread or a discussion thread.

Please take the trolling elsewhere.

If he knows no one on Big Red he probably has no friends either... Considering they have about a quarter to a third of all wireless subscribers in the US... So he has less than 3 friends and neither of them have VZW :P

Oh, and since you're a former alltel customer... Welcome to Big Red. Guess you don't realize it yet...
    07-08-09 05:57 PM
    I returned a phone after two weeks on the new every two, how long after they receive the phone before they reset my new every two and I can order a new phone. I ordered the phone online and returned it FedEx to TX. Thanks
    07-08-09 09:17 PM
    I returned a phone after two weeks on the new every two, how long after they receive the phone before they reset my new every two and I can order a new phone. I ordered the phone online and returned it FedEx to TX. Thanks
    07-08-09 09:17 PM
    Keep an eye on it. If it is not done in reasonable time, call in and make sure it get changed back. Sometimes this gets over looked.
    07-08-09 09:21 PM
    is there a way to return a vzw giftcard for money??
    07-08-09 11:05 PM
    is there a way to return a vzw giftcard for money??
    No.

10char
    07-08-09 11:30 PM
    VZW Reps are the shizzitz, I love you guys/gals. Can I wire transfer some money to all, for being so professional and intelligent. That's the main reason I switched to VZW, cause of the VZW Reps. Thanks VZW Reps, ya'll have a dedicated consumer. Not to mention I pay my bill 16 days in advanced, =D.

Tripster

07-09-09 03:55 AM
    ok here goes...

Currently an 8830 user. Looking to upgrade to the Tour on Day 1. (7/12/09) I am eligible for my NE2 discount on 8/30/09. Seems Im behind the 8 ball.

I am the primary on my plan which has 4 lines which cost me $225.00 a month.

I recently received a letter in the mail telling me that I am now enrolled in the 2009 Verizon Wireless VIP Program and provided me with a nifty little membership card entitling me to nice little perks. Its great to see that Verizon notices that Im a loyal customer.

Here's where it gets dicey. When I walk in on Sunday morning bright and early and I ask them if they can upgrade me with my NE2 just a bit early are they gonna tell me to come back on 8/30 or is there any chance that they might bump my NE2
    07-09-09 08:26 AM
    ok here goes...

Currently an 8830 user. Looking to upgrade to the Tour on Day 1. (7/12/09) I am eligible for my NE2 discount on 8/30/09. Seems Im behind the 8 ball.

I am the primary on my plan which has 4 lines which cost me $225.00 a month.

I recently received a letter in the mail telling me that I am now enrolled in the 2009 Verizon Wireless VIP Program and provided me with a nifty little membership card entitling me to nice little perks. Its great to see that Verizon notices that Im a loyal customer.

Here's where it gets dicey. When I walk in on Sunday morning bright and early and I ask them if they can upgrade me with my NE2 just a bit early are they gonna tell me to come back on 8/30 or is there any chance that they might bump my NE2 up a little bit and make me a happy customer. A few weeks ago while chatting with CS in regards to billing questions, the CS told me that they "could" only bump me 20 days...
    I also plan on upgrading my fiance's 8830 as well the same day which is eligible for discounted pricing.
    07-09-09 08:29 AM
    Here's where it gets dicey. When I walk in on Sunday morning bright and early and I ask them if they can upgrade me with my NE2 just a bit early are they gonna tell me to come back on 8/30 or is there any chance that they might bump my NE2 up a little bit and make me a happy customer. A few weeks ago while chatting with CS in regards to billing questions, the CS told me that they "could" only bump me 20 days...
    I also plan on upgrading my fiance's 8830 as well the same day which is eligible for discounted pricing.
    I'd first call CS again and ask the question specifically. They will often do things the store will not.

If no success, I would consider waiting until your actual upgrade date. By then, issues will be known, some fixes may have been implemented & the price may have decreased a little.

It is only 6 weeks, after all.

07-09-09 08:34 AM
    Keep an eye on it. If it is not done in reasonable time, call in and make sure it get changed back. Sometimes this gets over looked.
    Thanks for the reply, what is "reasonable time" 7 days?
    07-09-09 09:52 AM
    Quick (but stupid) question:

I plan to buy the Tour, but the only problem is that I'm the secondary line on my account - which is not eligible for the annual upgrade. However, my mother who is the primary line is eligible. I can pre-order the Tour from her My Verizon account for $199. I was told that all I would have to do is activate it from her line, and then re-activate her actual phone (the Chocolate) and proceed to activate the tour onto my line.

My question is - when placing the order for the Tour through her account, it prompts me to choose the data plan, the texting, etc. I already have all of that on my line. Do I need to add that to her line too and then take it off? Is there an easy way to go about doing this? It seems like a hassle and I don't want my mom to be charged that $45 that it says is due every month.
    07-09-09 02:18 PM
5,111 ... 113114115116117 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD