View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Right now I have VZW with the BB Curve and pay $15.00 a month for 5 GB tethering. I was wondering what the price will be when I upgrade to the Tour with rev A.

I saw on CNET's website that they claim tethering will cost 39.00? If someone could please hook me up with the correct information...I'd appreciate it.
    07-05-09 07:00 PM
    my 9530 won't let me put in my password I've pulled the battery,sim card and media card 6 times this stupid thing won't unlock
    07-05-09 07:18 PM
    Right now I have VZW with the BB Curve and pay $15.00 a month for 5 GB tethering. I was wondering what the price will be when I upgrade to the Tour with rev A.

I saw on CNET's website that they claim tethering will cost 39.00? If someone could please hook me up with the correct information...I'd appreciate it.
    Tethering will be the same price
    07-05-09 07:22 PM
    my 9530 won't let me put in my password I've pulled the battery,sim card and media card 6 times this stupid thing won't unlock
    Are you sure you are typeing the password correctly? caps or number? Sorry had to ask. If you are there is glitch in the device and I hope you have a current back up. Cause after wrong attempts, the device will wipe.
    07-05-09 07:24 PM
    Tethering will be the same price
    Thanks for the info.
    07-05-09 09:13 PM
    Sure - you can most definitely suspend the data service on a BlackBerry with VZW.

Enjoy your paperweight until you restore service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Lol! Thanks for the info. ♥ Was thinking about getting my mother a blackberry (her first) and being as she's a bb virgin on top of anything high tech virgin, I wanted to save some $$ before adding the data plan.

I'll probably ditch the idea. She's catching on too quick.
    07-05-09 09:19 PM
    My phone says to go to the phone menu, opptions, then call forwarding. I have never seen call forwarding listed as an option anyplace on my phone yet I DO have it as part of my Verizon plan.
    The phone says I can forward calls from specific contacts only but it does not appear an option anyplace as I mentioned.
    Where can I get the answers to this??
    07-06-09 10:03 AM
    My 9530 has stopped receiving text messages. My account online shows that I'm receiving them but there is no indication on my BB.

Any ideas on what this could be?
    07-06-09 10:24 AM
    Why does verizon tell me that I can't tether my storm to my macbook pro because vz access software isn't compatible. How come the internet is full of people and videos saying it will work...After pairing my phone with my mac and using my phone number at vzw3g.com for the user name and vzw for the password and #777 for the phone number it will connect for 10 sec and then it disconnects and say the connection was terminated by the remote host...
    07-06-09 11:30 AM
    My phone says to go to the phone menu, opptions, then call forwarding. I have never seen call forwarding listed as an option anyplace on my phone yet I DO have it as part of my Verizon plan.
    The phone says I can forward calls from specific contacts only but it does not appear an option anyplace as I mentioned.
    Where can I get the answers to this??
    If you're not on a BES, you need to use the dialup programming (*72/*73 I believe) for forwarding.
    My 9530 has stopped receiving text messages. My account online shows that I'm receiving them but there is no indication on my BB.

Any ideas on what this could be?
    A battery pull should fix your problem - if not, make sure you have sufficient file free memory (>12MB).
    Why does verizon tell me that I can't tether my storm to my macbook pro because vz access software isn't compatible. How come the internet is full of people and videos saying it will work...After pairing my phone with my mac and using my phone number at vzw3g.com for the user name and vzw for the password and #777 for the phone number it will connect for 10 sec and then it disconnects and say the connection was terminated by the remote host...
    Stay away from the VZAccess Manager - it is a rebranded/customized version of a RIM-written software package & RIM seems to be Mac-phobic. You will need to either use your Mac dialer or Parallels with Windows & WinDUN. Connecting through the VZW access site without AM will cause a non-connect, due to incompatibility. Look in the Mac forums for details on how to make it happen.

07-06-09 03:51 PM
    Alright is there a way I can upgrade to the 9630 Tour even though I've been with you guys for 2 months? I love my 8330, just really love the set up and other goodies with the 9630 Tour!

07-07-09 05:49 AM
    You can upgrade at any time at full retail price and there is no contract extension.

07-07-09 09:22 AM
    Alright is there a way I can upgrade to the 9630 Tour even though I've been with you guys for 2 months? I love my 8330, just really love the set up and other goodies with the 9630 Tour!

Yep you sure can its called pay full retail I have done this more than once. It just depends on how badly you really want the Tour...

07-07-09 10:07 AM
    Ok, I'm with alltel and happy, but for reasons beyond my control I'm being shipped back to camp Verizon due to this merger. How will this affect my contract, plan, rate, and oh yes, circle which I love because it saves a ton for me personally?
    07-07-09 12:56 PM
    How do corporate contracts work with VZW? My company has a deal with VZW that sucks so bad we are about to switch carriers. The VZW rep aparrantly wont give our contracts lady time of day. I really dont want to switch to AT&T. Please tell me how to get a better deal.

2nd request
    07-07-09 03:26 PM
    Ok, I'm with alltel and happy, but for reasons beyond my control I'm being shipped back to camp Verizon due to this merger. How will this affect my contract, plan, rate, and oh yes, circle which I love because it saves a ton for me personally?
    Your rate plan & basic plan conditions will remain the same, as long as you don't make any plan changes. If you make plan changes, you will have to choose a VZW plan. If you don't make changes, you will stay with what you have at least until the end of your contract & probably longer.

How do corporate contracts work with VZW? My company has a deal with VZW that sucks so bad we are about to switch carriers. The VZW rep aparrantly wont give our contracts lady time of day. I really dont want to switch to AT&T. Please tell me how to get a better deal.

2nd request
    Your first request wasn't answered probably due to not providing enough information. Even if you gave all details, you probably wouldn't get a reasonable answer.

The reason is that company/corporate plans are rather diverse and depend on a lot of different issues & needs.

The simplest way to correct this would be to get another rep. Sites like this one are not equipped to give anything but the broadest info on corporate rate plans.

07-07-09 03:44 PM
    Found out I get 15% discount from my employer for Verizon, thought I'd check out what was offered by VZW on the website. (FYI LiveChat was useless) I need 2 lines, text/data, and about 1200 minutes, unless My Circle somehow falls into play. Got Alltel now with My Circle 10, 1000 min and unl text. OUTSTANDING price.

SO my question is what would you recommend? When I checked it out, what I found came to $179.97/mo!!!! That's ATT money.....not doable.

Thanks.
    07-07-09 06:03 PM
    Hi,

I've a convoluted and likely stoopid question, but please bear with me:

I'm seriously considering buying a new Blackberry so that I can use it, with a third party application - as a credit card processor for my taxi business. With the discounts I can get as a Verizon Wireless user, buying a blackberry would save me about $400 on buying a dedicated credit card processor.

But I don't know how to configure my Verizon wireless plan or if, in the end, I actually save that much each month over the $30.00 -ish a month the dedicated machine would cost me.

I currently have a 2-line shared Verizon nationwide basic plan with 1,400 minutes, plus I kick in another $5.00 a month for 250 text messages. That comes to roughly $94 a month. By the time you get done with all the taxes and crap, its about $111-ish a month.

Now the shared plan is non-negotiable. I have to have that. And can I swap my Samsung Alias for a Blackberry - use email and the web and, as I mentioned, the app for accepting credit cards - for less than $30 a month?

This would be my preference. But I'll pony up the extra money for the dedicated device if its just going to be a wash with the blackberry.

Thanks for sticking with me on this. Any and all help is seriously appreciated and good juju is sent your way in advance.

Thanks,

Keith.
    07-07-09 06:12 PM
    If the app works with the BB device then great, do it less then 30 a month, not going to happen. 30 a month for the data plan is not going to get any less.
    07-07-09 06:48 PM
    What is the catch with tethering for a BB 8130? Details on what I need to do, costs, etc.
    07-07-09 08:40 PM
    What is the catch with tethering for a BB 8130? Details on what I need to do, costs, etc.
    First you need to have the tethering feature added to your account. if you are on the BIS data plan, this will cost an additional $30 per month. Then you need to install the VZAM software or you can set up manual DUN. VZAM supoprted by VZW, DUN is not. Unless you have a MAC, may work, may not. There is no support by VZW for a MAC.
    07-07-09 09:15 PM
    Found out I get 15% discount from my employer for Verizon, thought I'd check out what was offered by VZW on the website. (FYI LiveChat was useless) I need 2 lines, text/data, and about 1200 minutes, unless My Circle somehow falls into play. Got Alltel now with My Circle 10, 1000 min and unl text. OUTSTANDING price.

SO my question is what would you recommend? When I checked it out, what I found came to $179.97/mo!!!! That's ATT money.....not doable.

Thanks.
    For $119.99 prior to your 15% off, you can get the Nationwide Select plan. That includes 1400 minutes and unlimited texting. This will also include 10 Friends and Family numbers you can set up that will be free to call and receive calls from. Then add on the $29.99 blackberry data for each blackberry on the account. So before tax and 15% with 2 blackberry's you can get

1400 minutes plus 10 Friends and Family
    Unlimited texting
    Blackberry BIS x2 for $29.99 each.

= $179.97

You can't go below 1400 minutes and still have the 10 F&F.
    07-07-09 11:51 PM
    For $119.99 prior to your 15% off, you can get the Nationwide Select plan. That includes 1400 minutes and unlimited texting. This will also include 10 Friends and Family numbers you can set up that will be free to call and receive calls from. Then add on the $29.99 blackberry data for each blackberry on the account. So before tax and 15% with 2 blackberry's you can get

1400 minutes plus 10 Friends and Family
    Unlimited texting
    Blackberry BIS x2 for $29.99 each.

= $179.97

You can't go below 1400 minutes and still have the 10 F&F.
    Thanks for the response. That is the exact way I looked at it...terrible. I can't believe people pay that! NOT worth it.
    07-08-09 02:36 AM
    Thanks for the response. That is the exact way I looked at it...terrible. I can't believe people pay that! NOT worth it.
    me either. I have alltel 1000 min,10 circle, unl text, bis on 2 BBs plus an extra non smart phone line for 160. Glad my plan will stand pat when we migrate over 2 vzw.
    07-08-09 10:16 AM
    me either. I have alltel 1000 min,10 circle, unl text, bis on 2 BBs plus an extra non smart phone line for 160. Glad my plan will stand pat when we migrate over 2 vzw.
    07-08-09 10:35 AM
5,111 ... 112113114115116 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD