View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    It's okay, Shelley - if they try that, let LR or me know - we'll come take care of them for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 05:46 PM
    It's okay, Shelley - if they try that, let LR or me know - we'll come take care of them for you.

Haha that wasn't hte exact job description I was looking for.....

Do you know what some of the major daily duties are?
    07-01-09 05:49 PM
    Haha that wasn't hte exact job description I was looking for.....

Do you know what some of the major daily duties are?
    Sorry, my dear - I never put myself in that position, so I can't tell you.

07-01-09 06:12 PM

Stick with Dad, Shelley. He is much more formidable than those New Mexico types.

07-01-09 06:13 PM
    Stick with Dad, Shelley. He is much more formidable than those New Mexico types.
    I don't know - I've seen some awfully large boys up around Gallup & Farmington.

But they do tend to get a bit wimpy around Albuquerque.

Apologies for getting off topic, Shelley. I don't work for VZW.

07-01-09 06:27 PM
    haha its ok.....

If anyone does work in a retail store that is fimilar with the position.... (customer service rep) can you put your 2 cents in???? thanks!
    07-01-09 06:29 PM
    I have been trying to get a straight answer and I hope someone can help. I have been given different answers from VZW reps. I am about to make the Tour my first Blackberry, so obviously I have to add the data plan. I currently get an employer discount through my company, which applies to my family plan. Does it apply to the Blackberry (29.99) data plan as well? I have been told by a rep in store that said it does. I have also been told by an over the phone rep that it does not. Can anybody tell me if they get a discount on the Blackberry plan?
    07-01-09 08:38 PM
    I have been trying to get a straight answer and I hope someone can help. I have been given different answers from VZW reps. I am about to make the Tour my first Blackberry, so obviously I have to add the data plan. I currently get an employer discount through my company, which applies to my family plan. Does it apply to the Blackberry (29.99) data plan as well? I have been told by a rep in store that said it does. I have also been told by an over the phone rep that it does not. Can anybody tell me if they get a discount on the Blackberry plan?
    This all depends on the agreement your company has with VZW. Most of the time agreements do not apply to data plans, mainly just the access fee (plan). Now I have seen agreements apply to both.

No one here will have the proper system to check for this, unless the rep is at work and can answer.
    07-01-09 08:50 PM
    If you go into a corp store, they should be able to look up the actual discount that you get. Make sure that they actually look it up though.

I know that I actually get a larger discount on my data plan than my basic access rate, and I'm a state employee.
    07-01-09 09:21 PM
    This all depends on the agreement your company has with VZW. Most of the time agreements do not apply to data plans, mainly just the access fee (plan). Now I have seen agreements apply to both.

No one here will have the proper system to check for this, unless the rep is at work and can answer.
    lastraid is correct. It all depends on the contract that your employer has with VZW. When you called in they can look at the discount profile and see if it includes the data plan.
    07-01-09 09:50 PM
    Here's a question:

I know Verizon says they cannot activate a blackberry phone without the blackberry data pack...

... So says Sprint and seeing as how I work for Sprint, I have personally seen BB's activate without data service. I've actually even disabled mine for a bit before turning it back on.

... can the same be done for Verizon? Sprint has the loop hole and I want to know if V does too.
    07-02-09 12:15 AM
    Here's a question:

I know Verizon says they cannot activate a blackberry phone without the blackberry data pack...

... So says Sprint and seeing as how I work for Sprint, I have personally seen BB's activate without data service. I've actually even disabled mine for a bit before turning it back on.

... can the same be done for Verizon? Sprint has the loop hole and I want to know if V does too.
    Sure - you can most definitely suspend the data service on a BlackBerry with VZW.

Enjoy your paperweight until you restore service.

07-02-09 01:46 AM
    Ok so i have gotten a couple different answers from vzw reps and was hoping I could get an answer here. Currently I am on a family plan with 3 lines total. The 2 year contract is up right now, and my dad wants to cancel the plan and go to another carrier. The problem is, I want to use my upgrade to get the new tour when it comes out. If I were to use my upgrade, would that extend the contract on just my line, or all 3? Basically what I need is to keep my number and be able to just have my line transferred to my own account so that the other 2 can be canceled. Thanks in advance for any help!
    07-02-09 03:08 AM
    question: any word on the omnia 2 release date?

07-02-09 06:18 AM
    How do corporate contracts work with VZW? My company has a deal with VZW that sucks so bad we are about to switch carriers. The VZW rep aparrantly wont give our contracts lady time of day. I really dont want to switch to AT&T. Please tell me how to get a better deal.
    07-02-09 06:35 AM
    Hey guys-

I just got a job with VZW as a customer sales rep. My training starts on Monday! And I was wondering what does the training entail? And what are the main responsibilities???

Thanks guys
    In theory, CSRs deal with all customer service issues after the point of sale. Mainly, troubleshooting phone problems, processing warranty replacements, helping customers with plan/feature changes, etc. It really depends on the store, though. Some managers like to stick to the prescribed roles of CSR and RSR (retail sales rep), while some think the next available rep should help the next customer in line, regardless of the reason for the visit. You will have a sales quota, but since you don't make commission, sales people will begrudge you any sale you get. If you process a new line activation, you'll find yourself sleeping next to a horse's head. But I digress...
    Last edited by spiroagnew; 07-02-09 at 07:42 AM.
    07-02-09 07:38 AM
    Ok so i have gotten a couple different answers from vzw reps and was hoping I could get an answer here. Currently I am on a family plan with 3 lines total. The 2 year contract is up right now, and my dad wants to cancel the plan and go to another carrier. The problem is, I want to use my upgrade to get the new tour when it comes out. If I were to use my upgrade, would that extend the contract on just my line, or all 3? Basically what I need is to keep my number and be able to just have my line transferred to my own account so that the other 2 can be canceled. Thanks in advance for any help!

Only your line will be extended. Before you renew, though, I'd make sure you can afford the plan once you're the primary.
    07-02-09 07:40 AM
    In theory, CSRs deal with all customer service issues after the point of sale. Mainly, troubleshooting phone problems, processing warranty replacements, helping customers with plan/feature changes, etc. It really depends on the store, though. Some managers like to stick to the prescribed roles of CSR and RSR (retail sales rep), while some think the next available rep should help the next customer in line, regardless of the reason for the visit. You will have a sales quota, but since you don't make commission, sales people will begrudge you any sale you get. If you process a new line activation, you'll find yourself sleeping next to a horse's head. But I digress...
    Thank you verrrrrry much
    07-02-09 08:27 AM
    I would like to apply for a position at Verizon Wireless and would like to know what kind of experience some of the sales reps have had prior to working with the company. I would also like to know what the managers are looking for when they hire new reps. Feel free to PM me if you'd like. Any information is greatly appreciated!
    07-02-09 08:43 AM
    question: any word on the omnia 2 release date?
    Sometime after today.

No one online knows, other than "sometime later this year."

07-02-09 08:55 AM
    Hey guys-

I just got a job with VZW as a customer sales rep. My training starts on Monday! And I was wondering what does the training entail? And what are the main responsibilities???

Thanks guys
    Hi Shelly - Sent you a PM.

~Malissa
    07-02-09 09:08 AM
    Only your line will be extended. Before you renew, though, I'd make sure you can afford the plan once you're the primary.
    Thanks. My only other question would be, would it be possible to use my dads $100 credit towards an upgrade since he will be canceling in a couple months?
    07-02-09 09:21 AM
    Thanks. My only other question would be, would it be possible to use my dads $100 credit towards an upgrade since he will be canceling in a couple months?
    Not unless you want to change phone numbers. If you use his credit, his line is the one that will renew.
    07-02-09 12:00 PM
    Does your BlackBerry connect to a company enterprise server or BES?

Or is yours a personal BlackBerry on the $29.99 BIS Internet/email package?

We're connected thru company enterprise.
    07-02-09 03:29 PM
    I have a question. I'm not sure what is the better solution. Right now I have a 2 phone family plan for my wife and I. We have 700 minutes shared. We both upgraded our phones in Spring 08. However, I've been thinking about upgrading to a BB curve's for both of us. I am a Verizon Wireline employee (FiOS).... so I get a discount. My wife is a State employee, so she also gets a discount.

1. Do you think VZW would allow us to upgrade our phones now, even though we are about 16 months into a 24 month contract?

2. We use roughly 800 minutes a month of airtime, but we do mostly call other VZW customers. We also use about 100 or so texts each (I expect that # would decrease with the BB since most of our txts are between us, and we would use bbm). Should I consider breaking up the family plan and getting smaller airtime plans for us each, so we can both apply our discounts?

3. What should my bill be for the family plan 2 bb curves with the data plans and texting and around 700 minutes of airtime?
    07-02-09 04:31 PM
5,111 ... 110111112113114 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD