View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Thanks twin. I still haven't been seen by a rep in regards to updating my OS In store. I love crackberry. Thanks again
    You're welcome - we might make an interesting team. You love Crackberry & I hate VZW stores.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 06:11 PM
    Thanks a lot. Pepper & onions are good. The Cap'n Crunch idea just ruined my appetite.

Sugared kiddie cereal designed to put dentists' kids through college and your kids into fat farms. Ick!
    Let it soak in the milk for 5 min. It gets much better!

I hate VZW stores.
    Possibly the only person who hates verizon stores more than I do.

06-29-09 06:24 PM
    wow.. pricey. thanks for the info, guys.
    Depending on how long you have been in contract it (the Network Extender) is about as pricey as paying the Early Termination Fee ($175 or less), buying new equipment if you want another Blackberry( $0 - 199) and paying the Activation fee ($35).

I'd take a very close look at both options before jumping ship.

You could save some money since you have the Storm by using it on the AT&T network but that takes a little knowledge of cellular technology and a code to unlock the SIM card included in your device so the AT&T network can recognize it.

If you take anything from my post, call Verizon Wireless from your husbands phone or your landline while at home so they can troubleshoot your device. If they find that it is not the device then they will open what's called a Trouble Ticket. The Verizon Wireless test men/women will drive to the area and test the signal if it is an area that is supposed to have coverage. They will test the tower that is supposed to provide coverage and fix it if there is a problem. If it is a limitation of the VZW network then they will inform you and you can make a decision to stay or leave at that point.
    Last edited by crackberryn00b; 06-29-09 at 10:58 PM. Reason: clarification on the subject of the post (Network Extender)
    06-29-09 10:53 PM
    If you take anything from my post, call Verizon Wireless from your husbands phone or your landline while at home so they can troubleshoot your device. If they find that it is not the device then they will open what's called a Trouble Ticket. The Verizon Wireless test men/women will drive to the area and test the signal if it is an area that is supposed to have coverage. They will test the tower that is supposed to provide coverage and fix it if there is a problem. If it is a limitation of the VZW network then they will inform you and you can make a decision to stay or leave at that point.
    Actually, they probably won't open a trouble ticket and if someone does it will just get closed. One of the questions on the form is if the problem is only indoors. Since the OP said they have no service inside, but fully functional service outside, a ticket isn't going to improve anything.
    06-29-09 10:59 PM
    Actually, they probably won't open a trouble ticket and if someone does it will just get closed. One of the questions on the form is if the problem is only indoors. Since the OP said they have no service inside, but fully functional service outside, a ticket isn't going to improve anything.
    Ahh...guess I should have backtracked through the thread more. You are right. Not much that can be done there. AT&T is probably using lower frequency that penetrates the walls better or the tower is just closer.

So yeah, Network Extender or switch...or forward calls to a landline when you get home.
    06-29-09 11:07 PM
    It depends on if you have enough space on either device to hold the files that are on your memory card. If you have anything more than a token amount of files, it won't work.

Do you have a memory/media card reader on your computer? If so, transfer the files through your computer.

Otherwise, pick up one of two things - a data cable to connect the Moto to your computer. A possibly less expensive and more useful item would be a USB card reader that doubles as a thumb drive.

Paying attention to the differing file structures, transfer away.

06-30-09 08:20 AM
    Hi all!

I debated about creating a new thread on this but thought I'd start here.

I'm trying to enroll in auto bill pay via the myvzw website but get an error that I'm already enrolled in Auto Bill Pay and that I should call customer service to have it removed. I called a month or so ago and was told that I was enrolled in "Home Banking" as of some time in early 2007. I called my former bank that I used at the time and confirmed that my account had been completely canceled and nothing was existing that tied my name to VZW.

I then called customer support again and was told that it could be the online bill pay I have set up for Verizon in my current account. It's not automatic but I have them set up to where I can pay them monthly from my bank account. I went ahead and deleted that a couple of weeks ago just to be sure. I checked today and I'm still unable to get enrolled. I need to do it via Verizon because my company has decided to pay my cell phone bill each month so setting it up via my bank account is not an option.

Just called customer support AGAIN and was told that there really isn't anything that can be done. There has to be something that I can do?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, in advance, for your input!

Dizzy
    06-30-09 01:08 PM
    Dizzy - welcome to electronic banking & regulations. Contrary to what many claim, regulations cause more problems than they solve.

If you had electronic payments setup to be originated from your bank account, the flags are similar to autopay flags. Depending on your bank, you may need to reject them as a payee on the bank side or have them manually remove the information from your online billpay account.

There is nothing VZW (or any company, from CATV to electric to gas to mortgage) can do - it is within the bank or clearinghouse payment system. Until that is cleared, you probably can't initiate another EFT.

06-30-09 02:39 PM
    I'm trying to use the new SongID app. When i launch it, i get this msg

"The application songid has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy.".

How do i go about fixing this problem?
    06-30-09 02:52 PM
    I'm trying to use the new SongID app. When i launch it, i get this msg

"The application songid has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy.".

How do i go about fixing this problem?
    Does your BlackBerry connect to a company enterprise server or BES?

Or is yours a personal BlackBerry on the $29.99 BIS Internet/email package?

06-30-09 03:03 PM
    Thanks for the advice. The memory cards used in the KRZR and the Tour are the same, huh? That might be the way to go since I will probably wind up buying a memory card for the Tour eventually anyway.

I'm not obsessing about a small fee, but your point is well taken. I save money where I can, and that becomes all the more important given the greater expenditure I will have each month due to the data package. But don't worry about me -- I have run my monthly budget numbers and there is sufficient wiggle room for a Blackberry.

EDIT: Ooooh!! New question! So, I was just on Verizon's pre-order page for the Tour, and under the Features section, it says this:
    Memory: 2GB microSD card preinstalled, 256MB Flash Memory, 256MB RAM
    Does this mean I won't even have to buy a memory card?? Will the MicroSD card fit in my KRZR? I figure if I order online, I'll then be able to activate the Tour at my leisure, which will give me enough time to gank the MicroSD from the Tour, pop it into the KRZR, move the files, then move the card back to the Tour and activate? Am I figuring this correctly?? Thanks!
    Yeah...it'll work...also even if you get it in the store...the krzr does not need to be activated to switch the files, so it'll work either way!!
    06-30-09 08:49 PM
    Is there some way I can add a dummy ESN number to deactivate one of the lines on a family plan?

I sold my storm tonight and Im trying to figure out how to deactivate it and hold the phone number until I can get another dumb phone for that number.

Ive tried changing it online with a dummy ESN, 13800111111, which I found on google and I get this error:

The phone associated with the ESN/MEID you entered has already been activated. Please contact us at 800-922-0204 if you want to switch phones with another customer.

Is there anything else I can do so I can give the guy the phone tomorrow morning?
    Last edited by Valve; 06-30-09 at 10:24 PM.
    06-30-09 10:08 PM
    err..im sure this question has been beat to death a million times, but I could not find the answer -_-

my dad is the primary line, but all he uses his phone for is emergency and texts that i receive as a blank page and then another page with with a 3 word txt.

anyways, my phone was due for an upgrade on June 16th but I decided to ride the wave and wait for the Tour. My question is, being my dad won't be able to upgrade until December and usually buys the free phones, is it possible for me to get use his NE2 discount if he gives it up to me?

Being that he upgraded last December, I'm assuming he still has the $100 dollar one last time.
    06-30-09 10:57 PM
    Is there some way I can add a dummy ESN number to deactivate one of the lines on a family plan?

I sold my storm tonight and Im trying to figure out how to deactivate it and hold the phone number until I can get another dumb phone for that number.

Ive tried changing it online with a dummy ESN, 13800111111, which I found on google and I get this error:

The phone associated with the ESN/MEID you entered has already been activated. Please contact us at 800-922-0204 if you want to switch phones with another customer.

Is there anything else I can do so I can give the guy the phone tomorrow morning?
    Dummy ESNs are not to be used on accounts.

07-01-09 08:06 AM
    err..im sure this question has been beat to death a million times, but I could not find the answer -_-

my dad is the primary line, but all he uses his phone for is emergency and texts that i receive as a blank page and then another page with with a 3 word txt.

anyways, my phone was due for an upgrade on June 16th but I decided to ride the wave and wait for the Tour. My question is, being my dad won't be able to upgrade until December and usually buys the free phones, is it possible for me to get use his NE2 discount if he gives it up to me?

Being that he upgraded last December, I'm assuming he still has the $100 dollar one last time.
    You can use his upgrade when he is eligible but if he upgraded in December 08, he won't be up for NE2 until August 2010.

07-01-09 08:08 AM
    Really dumb question guys...

When I set up my Tour and choose an @blackberry.net username...am I stuck with that username forever or can I change it if I want to?

I know I have a couple of weeks to figure out what I want my e-mail name to be, but I'm worried I will pick one thing and then regret it later!
    Verizon data support can delete the BIS account you create so you can set up a different address. Just use your name and you won't regret it though.

07-01-09 08:10 AM
    Blah, that's so boring though!

I dunno, do people often give out their blackberry.net address? I imagine I wouldn't really use it very much and would instead give out whatever e-mail address I use both on and off the Blackberry. No?

Thanks for the tip regardless.
    I've had a blackberry for 3 years and never set up that service.

07-01-09 09:24 AM
    I use my VzW address for replies on CrackBerry and that's it nothing else. You can have up to 10 different accounts pushed to your berry so I don't think it will be a problem , you can just use whatever email addy you want as your main one. Personally ALL me email addys are the same name to keep it simple for me. The only thing that changes is what follows the @

07-01-09 09:39 AM
    Hey guys-

I just got a job with VZW as a customer sales rep. My training starts on Monday! And I was wondering what does the training entail? And what are the main responsibilities???

Thanks guys
    07-01-09 11:40 AM
    Hey guys-

I just got a job with VZW as a customer sales rep. My training starts on Monday! And I was wondering what does the training entail? And what are the main responsibilities???

Thanks guys
    Congrats. I would just wait and let it be suprise. I am amazed though that you did not ask these questions during the intervew.
    Last edited by lastraid; 07-01-09 at 05:31 PM.
    07-01-09 04:34 PM
    I knew that was coming....

I applied and interviewed for the sales rep postion. But it was filled, so they offered me the customer service rep. position in the store. HR briefly explained SOME of the tasks. But I wanted a a perspective from a current employee.
    07-01-09 05:06 PM
    I knew that was coming....

I applied and interviewed for the sales rep postion. But it was filled, so they offered me the customer service rep. position in the store. HR briefly explained SOME of the tasks. But I wanted a a perspective from a current employee.
    Fair enough. I will defer to rep that serves in that position.
    07-01-09 05:08 PM
    Fair enough. I will defer to rep that serves in that position.
    haha thanks
    07-01-09 05:12 PM
    I will defer to rep that serves in that position.
    Hmmm - a store position?

Is that the one where you bend over, grab your ankles & pray they don't swat/kick too hard (or worse)?

Thank you, Sir! May I have another?

07-01-09 05:31 PM
    07-01-09 05:36 PM
5,111 ... 109110111112113 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD