View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    I have not actually been inside of a physical store. But I cannot access my account online. I will go in tomorrow and report back. Thank you!
    Well from what I've found, there are no VZW stores in the areas that are being divested. If a Verizon Wireless STORE is unable to look up your account then you are in one of the markets being sold. Have you been in a store since April and not been directed to customer service because they couldn't see your account ? If so you should be okay.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 07:58 PM
    I have not actually been inside of a physical store. But I cannot access my account online. I will go in tomorrow and report back. Thank you!

Alltel is now a part of Verizon Wireless in select markets.

You can enter your zip here to see if you're Trust or VZW.
    06-26-09 10:25 PM
    I'm currently using the LG Venus which isn't meeting my needs as a graduate student with an unpaid internship (sort of like a residency). I'm in need of a device that keeps me connected to emails from school and work, as well as being able to have a calendar on me to schedule client appointments.

I've had the LG Venus since March of 2008, and am only paying $39.99 a month.

The earliest I can upgrade is November 15, 2009. I need the phone before then.

I was wondering if it was at all possible to upgrade to the Tour a few months early. At this point, I really don't care about getting my NE2 $50. I just want to upgrade at the 2 year contract price. As that's all I can afford right now.

I'll be upping my plan by at least another $30 a month plus a fee for texting, so really VZW will be making more money from me monthly.

Oof, sorry that was so long!
    Last edited by addicted2tech; 06-27-09 at 12:13 PM. Reason: changed date
    06-27-09 12:02 PM
    I'm currently using the LG Venus which isn't meeting my needs as a graduate student with an unpaid internship (sort of like a residency). I'm in need of a device that keeps me connected to emails from school and work, as well as being able to have a calendar on me to schedule client appointments.

The earliest I can upgrade is November 15, 2008. I need the phone before then.

I was wondering if it was at all possible to upgrade to the Tour a few months early. At this point, I really don't care about getting my NE2 $50. I just want to upgrade at the 2 year contract price. As that's all I can afford right now.

I'll be upping my plan by at least another $30 a month plus a fee for texting, so really VZW will be making more money from me monthly.

I think you mean november 2009 but that is beside the point. Believe it or not alot of time CS will approve the early upgrade( no NE2) for someone new to data. Call in explain your situation and you will probably be suprised.
    06-27-09 12:07 PM

The earliest I can upgrade is November 15, 2008. I need the phone before then.

If you are already into contract for 1 year, you should have the early upgrade which will give you exactly what you are looking for. If this is not case, then early upgrades can be obtained about 30 days prior to upgrade date. There are exceptions made on a case by case basis
    Last edited by lastraid; 06-27-09 at 12:48 PM.
    06-27-09 12:08 PM
    I think you mean november 2009 but that is beside the point. Believe it or not alot of time CS will approve the early upgrade( no NE2) for someone new to data. Call in explain your situation and you will probably be suprised.
    Good eye! Yes, I did mean 2009. I figured that might be the case so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and will be making phone calls on the 12th.

In the meantime, I am going to the bank today to deposit my saved birthday and christmas money
    06-27-09 12:15 PM
    Yea like for me when i got the storm right when it came out but was suppose to get it 3 weeks after that, so they do make special considerations... depending on loyaltiy such as paying on time, collections, time with company, vip, how much you pay per month... and like for example the tour... they will do the same thing for me...verizon has done so much for me...replacing my phones no questions asked when im on the go and in need of a repair asap, friendly customer service, strong data service and cannot wait for lte technology. but since this is a question thread...

vz...y u so so fricking good?!?!?!? lmao
    06-27-09 05:39 PM
    actually now come to think of it the friends and family that comes free.... is this a limited time thing or is this permanent?
    06-27-09 05:40 PM
    Yea like for me when i got the storm right when it came out but was suppose to get it 3 weeks after that, so they do make special considerations... depending on loyaltiy such as paying on time, collections, time with company, vip, how much you pay per month... and like for example the tour... they will do the same thing for me...verizon has done so much for me...replacing my phones no questions asked when im on the go and in need of a repair asap, friendly customer service, strong data service and cannot wait for lte technology. but since this is a question thread...

vz...y u so so fricking good?!?!?!? lmao
    Yeah, we've had our (my mom was the primary until she added me on about 10 years ago) before they were even Verizon, and we've never had a late payment. So I think we're good in that department.
    06-27-09 05:58 PM
    SO, after all i've read about BB's i decided to get one. my Curve will be here monday. My question is this. I Got the 79.99 voice/data plan. Does that plan include any web browsing or is it just for e-mail only? when you read the plan description it spells out data usage AND E-mail as 2 different entities, however in the TOS it refers to the plan as a VZEmail plan and is not intended for web browsing, which one is it?
    06-28-09 07:37 PM
    SO, after all i've read about BB's i decided to get one. my Curve will be here monday. My question is this. I Got the 79.99 voice/data plan. Does that plan include any web browsing or is it just for e-mail only? when you read the plan description it spells out data usage AND E-mail as 2 different entities, however in the TOS it refers to the plan as a VZEmail plan and is not intended for web browsing, which one is it?
    Speaking from an Employee point of view. Both email and browsing use data on a BB device. So browse and get as much email as you like, you are covered.
    06-28-09 08:07 PM
    hello, i have a quick question about call signal & quality--i'm wondering if it's my phone itself or VZW?

i recently moved & now really can't make or receive calls reliably in my home. they constantly get dropped, or we just can't hear eachother on each end. i have to go outside of my house in my yard or garage to talk to someone. i have already tried *228. i'm not sure if this is because of my device (storm) or VZW? my husband is with AT&T and gets excellent signal in our house. i may have to cancel early with VZW & switch
    06-28-09 10:54 PM
    Your house is the problem. You can get a network extender to help.

06-28-09 10:57 PM
    hey vatothe0, i figured it was my home to an extent but how do i get no reception & my husband gets full bars? not cool..

also, what's a network extender?

thanks
    06-28-09 11:07 PM
    The ATT tower could be closer, on a different frequency, or even just positioned so it penetrates the walls better.

Network extender is a mini cell site that routes your calls through your home broadband connection.

06-28-09 11:43 PM
    also, what's a network extender?

thanks
    Network extenders retail for about $250 from VZW but you can likely talk them down a bit, some posters say as low as $150. You need a broadband connection in your house and an open router port to connect the extender to. You can read more about it at: Network Extender

Other than the one time charge there are no additional charges for using the network extender.
    06-29-09 07:57 AM
    Okay I added my wife on to my plan with a two year contract about 6 months after my 2 year agreement started. If I wasnt to switch carriers(which I am not sure if I will) when my contract expires what happens to my plan and my wifes phone line if I switch....?
    06-29-09 02:48 PM
    Network extenders retail for about $250 from VZW but you can likely talk them down a bit, some posters say as low as $150. You need a broadband connection in your house and an open router port to connect the extender to. You can read more about it at: Network Extender

Other than the one time charge there are no additional charges for using the network extender.
    wow.. pricey. thanks for the info, guys.
    06-29-09 03:17 PM
    So, I plan on upgrading from my KRZR to the Tour when it comes out. I have some videos and photos on my Motorola that I would like to save. I currently do not have text messaging (I had it blocked due to receiving texts from people I didn't know and then having to pay for them). A friend told me that when I get my Tour, they'll be able to do a file transfer and get my photos and videos onto the Blackberry. I am not a VIP customer and believe that this process will cost $10-15, if it's even possible, which means I may as well pay $5 for 250 text messages and move my files that way to my PC, as it will be cheaper (just more time-consuming, but I don't mind).
    Can anyone speak to the logistics/costs of this?

Also, what are my options in terms of moving my contact list over to the Tour? I have Backup Assistant but understand that it is not compatible with Blackberries. Is manual input the only way to go, or will the aforementioned file transfer process in a store be able to do it?

Thanks in advance!
    It is possible and it's a $10 fee to have your pictures and videos transferred from your Krzr to the Tour.

You also have the option of purchasing a memory card and just saving the pics and vids to the card on your Krzr and then put the memory card in the Tour when you get it.

Or you can also take the $5 text plan and got that route if you wanted to as well.

I do have a question for you though. You do realize that getting the Tour requires the Blackberry data pkg which is at minimum $29.99 per month? Are you sure that it something you want to do? I only ask because you seem to be in a quandry about spending money to save your pics and vids. It seems to me that if they are important to you, then why obsess about a small fee to get them transferred?
    06-29-09 03:39 PM
    So I know this is stupid, but can you unlock phones that are for other carriers? Like could I buy a Blackberry Bold and use it on Verizon?
    06-29-09 05:55 PM
    I'm in alltel right now and its been switched to verizon already. I'm on a family plan with 5 lines and none are due for an upgrade. I've already been here for 45 mins without talking to anybody. Does anyone know if I can upgrade phones if I switch to a verizon contract? And can I even switch to a verizon contract?

06-29-09 05:58 PM
    So I know this is stupid, but can you unlock phones that are for other carriers? Like could I buy a Blackberry Bold and use it on Verizon?
    No. That would be like chopping up onions and shaking pepper in your Capn Crunch cereal except this you can do. Bold on verizon is not something you can do.

06-29-09 06:06 PM
    No - Bold is GSM & VZW is CDMA. Different technologies which preclude each other. As I've mentioned before, square peg/round hole. Both are functional shapes, but one will not fit the other.
    I'm in alltel right now and its been switched to verizon already. I'm on a family plan with 5 lines and none are due for an upgrade. I've already been here for 45 mins without talking to anybody. Does anyone know if I can upgrade phones if I switch to a verizon contract? And can I even switch to a verizon contract?
    The Alltel contract you signed is now owned by VZW. Even though it didn't originate with VZW, it is now a VZW contract. You will need to satisfy the obligation on that contract before you can move into discounted new equipment.

But call 611 to see if they have other options.

06-29-09 06:06 PM
    No. That would be like chopping up onions and shaking pepper in your Capn Crunch cereal except this you can do. Bold on verizon is not something you can do.
    Thanks a lot. Pepper & onions are good. The Cap'n Crunch idea just ruined my appetite.

Sugared kiddie cereal designed to put dentists' kids through college and your kids into fat farms. Ick!

06-29-09 06:09 PM
    Thanks twin. I still haven't been seen by a rep in regards to updating my OS In store. I love crackberry. Thanks again

06-29-09 06:09 PM
5,111 ... 108109110111112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD