View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    I agree with Jahmezz but believe UN happy was the word. I have had a cell phone since 1983 with the old car phones with Bellsouth. I have been with Nextfail, Sprint, T-Mobile, Cingular and AT&T. Many may complain about VZW but they have you cornered in that they are the most realizable service; anywhere. Ya they have a few issues with customer service but for the love...call any of your major companies and try and get someone in the USA on the phone. I would bet you get India, Philippines (they happen to be very good too) and God knows who. If you want good customer service get off yur can and go to the local VZW store. But I must admit...I get the best information from Crackberry. It was a salesperson at VZW that turned me on to this site.

If you dont like VZW, then for all of us who suffer reading your B & C's, move on to another service.

People who bought their first cell phone ever at VZW are like little jackasses who still live with Mommy and Daddy and get their first big time job. They have never experienced the crap thats out there to appreciate what they have now. Leave VZW and go out in the world and try them all. I would bet you will appreciate VZW a tad bit more with a little more LIFE experience!
    From top to bottom I couldnt agree more!
    06-24-09 07:24 PM
    Why are people on here Bashing Verizon Wireless? If you're happy with them just leave, that's what I do when I'm with a Wireless Carrier and they can't suit my needs anymore. I have had Sprint, T-mobile, At&t and now Verizon, and speaking from experience VZW is the best i've had.
    Im not bashing VZW... i have had Sprint.. Nextel.. Sprint now together w/ Nextel... AT&T, Cingular ... AT&T the new Cingular.. all that. I still have AT&T... I just thought it was very very very funny that the people here on a forum ( i assume that most dont work for verizon) knows more about the tech part of a company who advertises and states in a manual that you can do something that you cant. But hey... i just want what i paid for.
    06-24-09 07:28 PM
    I find your comment hilarious, as Lastraid IS a VZW tech, while jcash has an axe to grind with VZW.

EVDO trades away the ability to do simultaneous data & voice for speed, security & privacy. GSM SIM cards can be cloned & stolen GSM phones can be easily fenced because you simply need to swap out the SIM. On top of that, the GSM 3G capability is extremely immature in North America and now will never be built out.

LTE, on the other hand, will offer the security & privacy of CDMA, coupled with speed & bandwidth not before seen anywhere, and that includes Clearwire's WiMAX.

You might want to explore the forums before insulting someone who just provided you information you thought was worthy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

as a +1 to this

I would also like to add that every person in IT may come from different backgrounds and may have knowledge in different things...

keep in mind phones come out non stop maybe that tech was a windows mobile expert but learning something else.. or maybe hes a dumbphone expert really it just doesn't matter..

noone can know the answer to everything in the IT world...

"noone knows everything but everyone knows something"
    06-25-09 06:28 AM
    I want to sync Outlook with DM not wireless but DM keeps telling me I can't sync with it because of the wireless sync. I have gone into the Options for Calendar and Address and choose NO for sync wireless but I keep getting the error from DM. Anyone have any ideas?
    06-25-09 09:54 AM
    Thanx for the info. I find it funny that "normal" blackberry users can answer questions that the "tech" support people @ verizon cant answer... or take an hour and a half to give you a "we will put in a work order" as an answer! maybe it would be in their best interest to employee some of yall.
    Who said they don't ????

Damn, lastraid beat me to it.
    06-25-09 01:51 PM
    I find your comment hilarious, as Lastraid IS a VZW tech, while jcash has an axe to grind with VZW.

EVDO trades away the ability to do simultaneous data & voice for speed, security & privacy. GSM SIM cards can be cloned & stolen GSM phones can be easily fenced because you simply need to swap out the SIM. On top of that, the GSM 3G capability is extremely immature in North America and now will never be built out.

LTE, on the other hand, will offer the security & privacy of CDMA, coupled with speed & bandwidth not before seen anywhere, and that includes Clearwire's WiMAX.

You might want to explore the forums before insulting someone who just provided you information you thought was worthy.

Not to nit pick, but actually AT&T intends to fully roll out HSPDA and HSPA+ before moving to LTE. If nothing else, it plans to do this to combat the fact that CDMA maxed themselves out with Rev A on that roadmap, and are desperate to get the LTE train going, since AT&T is now rolling out 7.2 devices (iPhone 3GS has it, and so do planned devices). And in the end, it has those towers with which to ride the new LTE ones on. Its all marketing propoganda in the end, but it has its roots in reasons I guess.
    06-25-09 02:00 PM
    Many may complain about VZW but they have you cornered in that they are the most realizable service; anywhere.
    Truth. And they're not ashamed of it either.
    06-25-09 02:04 PM
    No matter what AT&T is doing today and/or in the future, they still are among the worst of the worst. In fact their customer service is so deplorable they rank right up there with Nextfail/Sprint. Oh!and those roll over minutes they speak ofthere not really roll over minutes, theyre nothing more than continuous credit for dropped calls. They do make you feel a little better about your poor decision to use AT&T every month when you get your bill. Reach out to AT&T (American Telephone & Telegraph) one day. There is nothing American about American Telephone & Telegraph any more!!!
    06-26-09 01:30 AM
    I work or have worked for all the major carriers as an engineering consultant. I have seen what they install. I have seen the measures they go to get coverage. Having seen what all of them do I cannot have any other service than VZW. I just couldnt carry around an AT&T phone because they suck. Their equipment sucks, their construction crews suck, their turn key management companies suck, everything about them sucks.

VZW on the other hand maybe spends too much on a site. Ever wonder why they cost more? Its because each of their sites has an emergency back up generator enclosed in its own little room. Thats on top of the 8 hours of battery backup. AT&T has 4 hours of back up battery then its lights out on the site if they dont get power restored. I wont get started on outdoor cabinets vs indoor equipment. Once again VZW wins.

It is astonishing how far behind VZW, AT&T is. Dont get me started on T-mobile. Its not really fair to pick on Sprint right now either. The fact is their network is superior from top to bottom.
    06-26-09 08:14 AM
    Can we please not turn this into a carrier war thread, but keep it for people asking questions regarding VZW?

06-26-09 09:40 AM
    Not to nit pick, but actually AT&T intends to fully roll out HSPDA and HSPA+ before moving to LTE. If nothing else, it plans to do this to combat the fact that CDMA maxed themselves out with Rev A on that roadmap, and are desperate to get the LTE train going, since AT&T is now rolling out 7.2 devices (iPhone 3GS has it, and so do planned devices). And in the end, it has those towers with which to ride the new LTE ones on. Its all marketing propoganda in the end, but it has its roots in reasons I guess.
    Yes, but it is based more on previous agreements, contracts & plans than anything else. Not to rain on the HS parade, but it is transitional. Besides, based on AT&T's track record with 3G rollouts & their still immature 3G network, they are very slow in their investments and will probably mirror this with HSDPA & LTE.
    Truth. And they're not ashamed of it either.
    As would you be, if you were the best.
    Reach out to AT&T (American Telephone & Telegraph) one day. There is nothing American about American Telephone & Telegraph any more!!!
    And there is AT&T basing for that - they sadly removed all reference all reference to American Telephone & Telegraph back in the mid-90s when they changed their name to simply AT&T Corporation. They even issued press releases distancing themselves from their previous moniker.
    I work or have worked for all the major carriers as an engineering consultant. I have seen what they install. I have seen the measures they go to get coverage. Having seen what all of them do I cannot have any other service than VZW. I just couldnt carry around an AT&T phone because they suck. Their equipment sucks, their construction crews suck, their turn key management companies suck, everything about them sucks.

VZW on the other hand maybe spends too much on a site. Ever wonder why they cost more? Its because each of their sites has an emergency back up generator enclosed in its own little room. Thats on top of the 8 hours of battery backup. AT&T has 4 hours of back up battery then its lights out on the site if they dont get power restored. I wont get started on outdoor cabinets vs indoor equipment. Once again VZW wins.

It is astonishing how far behind VZW, AT&T is. Dont get me started on T-mobile. Its not really fair to pick on Sprint right now either. The fact is their network is superior from top to bottom.
    Absolute genius in your perspective here. I have been trying to relate these same things to many here for the longest time, much to the chagrin of AT&T loyalists & VZW haters. The lack of quality & dedication of AT&T is readily apparent to those of us who work in the field and it shows in the spirit of those who work or contract for the company.

It is funny how VZW is now portrayed the way AT&T used to be and AT&T is portrayed the way MCI used to be.
    Can we please not turn this into a carrier war thread, but keep it for people asking questions regarding VZW?
    Spoken like a true Sprint customer, but okay - I see your point, so let's bring it back on topic with this...

I want to sync Outlook with DM not wireless but DM keeps telling me I can't sync with it because of the wireless sync. I have gone into the Options for Calendar and Address and choose NO for sync wireless but I keep getting the error from DM. Anyone have any ideas?
    Which version of DM are you running? Also, do you have any bluetooth capability activated on your computer?

06-26-09 09:48 AM
    Twins, you do realize I'm a vzw customer right? Every carrier has their flaws, even VZW, but this was neither the time nor place.

06-26-09 09:55 AM
    Twins, you do realize I'm a vzw customer right? Every carrier has their flaws, even VZW, but this was neither the time nor place.
    You know, using mobile view leaves one the ability to stick their foot in their mouth, from time to time.

I wonder why I had it in my mind that you were a Sprint customer?

Apologies for the insult.

06-26-09 09:59 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/ask...ml#post2810798

Still looking for help..anyone? How in the world can Verizon NOT know what areas they are giving up ?
    06-26-09 11:15 AM
    Ok, I have a question about Verizon. First, I have read several posts about Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile. Let me say this then I'll ask my question: Verizon ranks above all carriers consistently in Consumer Reports. Verizon cannot advertise this because Consumer Reports will not allow it. Since I do not work for Verizon I can state this fact. Consumer Reports ranks Verizon above ALL OTHER CARRIERS consistenty nation wide.

Career: I have been informed I could lose my job in a couple weeks. There is a Verizon store very near my house. I love Verizon. I love the service, I love the coverage, I love the customer service, and I love my Storm. What does Verizon pay? If I applied for a job, what should I expect? I am currently a maintenance spvr. Is experience considered for pay scale? I think it would be awesome to work for Verizon.
    06-26-09 11:43 AM

Still looking for help..anyone? How in the world can Verizon NOT know what areas they are giving up ?
    Are you asking about the divested areas resulting from the Alltel purchase? My understanding is thay most of the 105 or whatever markets were pretty much overlapping licences with alltel or other carriers. I don't think any coverage is actually "lost". Ill look into it today and edit this post with a better answer. I'm just waking up and need to get ready for work.

06-26-09 12:06 PM

It seems you misunderstand some points within this forun which are critical to knowing what you're seeing & why.

1) This is NOT a Verizon Wireless site. VZW does not fund it, endorse it, nor do they assign employees here. It is a fansite and there is no guarantee that the person who claims to be a VZW rep actually is. We are all just words in the ether.

2) There are no VZW executives, no movers & shakers, no decision makers, on this site. As such, your best hope will be to get an answer from a front-line rep, or an expert user or a telecom contractor. These people may or may not be deemed in a "need to know" position - it doesn't impact their job. If they do have access to this info, it may be an account flag where you call in and they can see if you are in the area or not. They probably don't have a list of exchanges/towers/areas they are allowed to share online.

3) If the actual areas are that important to you, why don't you take the time (less than 5min) to check it out on the FCC site? It would be a whole lot easier for you to do that, than it would be for one of us to do it, then post the info here.

Verizon Wireless does know, as they were central to the process. You are just asking the wrong people and even the right people may just direct you to the public filing with the FCC. Go there.

06-26-09 01:03 PM
    It seems you misunderstand some points within this forun which are critical to knowing what you're seeing & why.

1) This is NOT a Verizon Wireless site. VZW does not fund it, endorse it, nor do they assign employees here. It is a fansite and there is no guarantee that the person who claims to be a VZW rep actually is. We are all just words in the ether.

2) There are no VZW executives, no movers & shakers, no decision makers, on this site. As such, your best hope will be to get an answer from a front-line rep, or an expert user or a telecom contractor. These people may or may not be deemed in a "need to know" position - it doesn't impact their job. If they do have access to this info, it may be an account flag where you call in and they can see if you are in the area or not. They probably don't have a list of exchanges/towers/areas they are allowed to share online.

3) If the actual areas are that important to you, why don't you take the time (less than 5min) to check it out on the FCC site? It would be a whole lot easier for you to do that, than it would be for one of us to do it, then post the info here.

Verizon Wireless does know, as they were central to the process. You are just asking the wrong people and even the right people may just direct you to the public filing with the FCC. Go there.

... I am being an ***.

Edit: After reading my original post, I can see that I did not pose the intent of my question very clearly, for that I offer apologies. Basically, all I want to know is if I am going to be forced to another provider.
    Last edited by timberdc; 06-26-09 at 01:47 PM.
    06-26-09 01:38 PM
    Are you asking about the divested areas resulting from the Alltel purchase? My understanding is thay most of the 105 or whatever markets were pretty much overlapping licences with alltel or other carriers. I don't think any coverage is actually "lost". Ill look into it today and edit this post with a better answer. I'm just waking up and need to get ready for work.

Thank you for your reply My main concern is not so much coverage, but losing Verizon as a service provider.. if that makes sense. That is all I want to know, if it all possible.
    06-26-09 01:41 PM
    If you are with VZW now, you will not lose the service.
    06-26-09 02:08 PM
    Thank you
    06-26-09 02:58 PM
    Thank you for your reply My main concern is not so much coverage, but losing Verizon as a service provider.. if that makes sense. That is all I want to know, if it all possible.
    Well from what I've found, there are no VZW stores in the areas that are being divested. If a Verizon Wireless STORE is unable to look up your account then you are in one of the markets being sold. Have you been in a store since April and not been directed to customer service because they couldn't see your account ? If so you should be okay.

06-26-09 03:21 PM
    Exactly - the affected ones are those whose carrier was bought by VZW but never transitioned to VZW.

And as far as your original post wording, don't worry about it - we all post things that later we look ak & want to blame someone else for.

For me, I blame lastraid for it.

06-26-09 06:03 PM
    Exactly - the affected ones are those whose carrier was bought by VZW but never transitioned to VZW.

And as far as your original post wording, don't worry about it - we all post things that later we look ak & want to blame someone else for.

For me, I blame lastraid for it.

Not to confuse things but check out my post. I looked at a document today that had guidelines on how to recognize "trust" customers. It did not explicitly say that there were no VZW trust customers. It actually defined how to recognize them. Are there any areas that anyone can think of that is native VZW coverage but there are no corporate retail stores? Because those are the areas that actual VZW customers will be affected in. It used regional designations such as NE-5 and MI-3 or something like that...

06-26-09 06:17 PM
    Verizon offers a download app on their site called "CityID" - which is a great caller ID app. But it is currently not available for any blackberry phones... does anybody know if a blackberry version will be released on a blackberry.
    06-26-09 07:02 PM
5,111 ... 107108109110111 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD