View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    quick question... im new to verizon. i had the bold on at&t before and i had the ability to use the web and be on a voice call simultaneously. now to my understanding the storm (which i have) is a 3G device and in the manual it says that i can use data and voice at the same time. but i am unable to do that. the device shows "1XEV" as the network status... should it show "3G" as the network status? Bc the verizon rep i spoke to is a fuc*ing ***** and i will go back to at&t if i cant do that... i have missed a bunch of important emails and BBMs while on conference calls.
    06-22-09 04:57 PM
    Go back to AT&T trust me stay away from Big Red!!
    06-22-09 04:59 PM
    quick question... im new to verizon. i had the bold on at&t before and i had the ability to use the web and be on a voice call simultaneously. now to my understanding the storm (which i have) is a 3G device and in the manual it says that i can use data and voice at the same time. but i am unable to do that. the device shows "1XEV" as the network status... should it show "3G" as the network status? Bc the verizon rep i spoke to is a fuc*ing ***** and i will go back to at&t if i cant do that... i have missed a bunch of important emails and BBMs while on conference calls.
    Guess you are going back to ATT, voice and data cannot be done on CDMA technology. Once LTE comes out this will change I am sure. 1XEV is the indicator for VZW 3G network.
    06-22-09 05:27 PM
    ahem...let me clear my throat for this one.
    First of all, no where in our job description does it say "browse crackberry all day long and help everyone that complains" When you are helped by a Verizon rep on here, be thankful since we dont have to do it.

Second....this thread is 180 pages long. Obviously there has been some help and or advice given by Verizon employees.
    Also, nobody here represents Verizon Wireless.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 06:17 PM
    Well then there is a lot of people that think they know enough to answer. LOL of course they sound as incompetent as the actual Verizon employees...
    Hard to tell!
    06-22-09 06:32 PM
    Well then there is a lot of people that think they know enough to answer. LOL of course they sound as incompetent as the actual Verizon employees...
    Hard to tell!

It is because of people like you who demand services from people who are OFF the clock and doing this as a courtesy to vzw customers that I do not post much on here. Instead of being thankful that they are taking time from their personal lives to help you, you have nothing but spiteful things to say. As a vzw customer I hope we never are in the same area as could not deal with a person so self absorbed that they cannot be grateful for someone offering help with no personal gain involved.

I am thankful for people like lastraid, weekendbum, and twins (and the others) who take their time to respond to the ignorant people in the world like yourself

06-22-09 08:30 PM
    Sorry to nit pick but your prices are a little dated. As of right now the Curve is $119.99 with a $70 online discount making it $49.99 and the Storm is $219.99 with a $70 online discount making it $149.99. I do agree he should either keep the Storm ( thats what I would do ) or wait for the Tour.

Enter your location
    I stand corrected. These are the correct prices. And yes, you're $50 dollar NE2 knocks that amount off. So $70 plus a $70 MIR. But unless you're really hard up on cash and need a phone, you should wait to use that NE2 for the Tour. It will be worth it, IMHO.
    06-22-09 09:31 PM
    Guess you are going back to ATT, voice and data cannot be done on CDMA technology. Once LTE comes out this will change I am sure. 1XEV is the indicator for VZW 3G network.
    Actually it can. The EVDO Rev-A specification has the protocol built in to support simultaneous voice and data, however, Verizon did not build the ability into their network. AT&T did this with their EDGE (2G) networks. It had the ability to do both, but its disabled by AT&T and T-Mo, respectively. However, obviously it works on AT&T's 3G network.
    Last edited by mexiken; 06-22-09 at 09:39 PM.
    06-22-09 09:36 PM
    Hard to tell!
    Way to get some people to want to help you
    06-22-09 09:37 PM
    Specially those that can resolve the issue. I know the answer. But I see that no one was able to drop what they were doing life to answer this user with in 3 minutes. He can now continue to drop his calls.

I do not take kindly to those that insult those that are here to help.

BTW just has Titos last Friday.
    06-22-09 09:41 PM
    Specially those that can resolve the issue. I know the answer. But I see that no one was able to drop what they were doing life to answer this user with in 3 minutes. He can now continue to drop his calls.

I do not take kindly to those that insult those that are here to help.

BTW just has Titos last Friday.
    Neither do I. Thus while I could have helped him in the same amount of time it took to respond, it was much more fun and deserving of him to respond as such.

Good times. I live literally walking distance from there. There's always a line !!!! You're one out a few thousand that would know what my avatar is, ja ja. Good times.
    06-22-09 09:53 PM
    I stand corrected. These are the correct prices. And yes, you're $50 dollar NE2 knocks that amount off. So $70 plus a $70 MIR. But unless you're really hard up on cash and need a phone, you should wait to use that NE2 for the Tour. It will be worth it, IMHO.
    Thanks for the help and your time. I'm still not sure what I want to do. A free BB compared to the newest BB for $200 is actually a tough decision!
    06-22-09 09:58 PM
    Yep and If you like Pastrami- Johnnies is not bad either. Do not want ot high jack this thread so PM me if you like. Spent the bst part of of life in CC and WLA
    06-22-09 09:59 PM
    OK, I shouldn't have attacked the people on here. I was VERY irratated by some CSR that didn't have a clue to what he was talking about and jumped on this forum for an answer with no patience or tact.
    You have to admit though alot of the CSR's don't know what they are doing!
    I apologize to whomever is on this forum on their own time and answering questions. I am glad there is a website like this for people to exchange ideas and offer help!
    I was out of line...My Bad!
    06-22-09 10:29 PM
    You don't really have an option unfortunately. You can not do it on VzW.

OK, I shouldn't have attacked the people on here. I was VERY irratated by some CSR that didn't have a clue to what he was talking about and jumped on this forum for an answer with no patience or tact.
    You have to admit though alot of the CSR's don't know what they are doing!
    I apologize to whomever is on this forum on their own time and answering questions. I am glad there is a website like this for people to exchange ideas and offer help!
    I was out of line...My Bad!
    Appreciate it.
    06-23-09 03:15 AM
    How much did VZW buy Alltel for?
    06-23-09 08:35 AM
    How much did VZW buy Alltel for?
    $28.1 billion.

06-23-09 08:56 AM
    How much did all that bandwidth they bought cost?
    06-23-09 09:58 AM
    Have a quick question about my plan:

I bought the Storm in November and put it on a 3rd line of a family plan, I have this itch to get the new iPhone 3Gs.

Can I sell the phone and put a dumbphone on that number to remove the data and everything else being charged? It seems to me like that would work, but I am not sure.

So basically I would be paying $10 a month for the phone number and I can let someone else use it.

Also, can I move my phone number over and get a new one on that line?
    06-23-09 09:31 PM
    You can change the phone being used but if you take a number off the account you will incur an ETF if under contract.
    06-23-09 09:33 PM
    Go back to AT&T trust me stay away from Big Red!!
    LOL thanx jcash ... I want to check out the Tour. If i can find an unlocked GSm Tour I might switch back....
    06-24-09 02:03 AM
    Thanx for the info. I find it funny that "normal" blackberry users can answer questions that the "tech" support people @ verizon cant answer... or take an hour and a half to give you a "we will put in a work order" as an answer! maybe it would be in their best interest to employee some of yall.
    06-24-09 02:07 AM
    Thanx for the info. I find it funny that "normal" blackberry users can answer questions that the "tech" support people @ verizon cant answer... or take an hour and a half to give you a "we will put in a work order" as an answer! maybe it would be in their best interest to employee some of yall.
    I find your comment hilarious, as Lastraid IS a VZW tech, while jcash has an axe to grind with VZW.

EVDO trades away the ability to do simultaneous data & voice for speed, security & privacy. GSM SIM cards can be cloned & stolen GSM phones can be easily fenced because you simply need to swap out the SIM. On top of that, the GSM 3G capability is extremely immature in North America and now will never be built out.

LTE, on the other hand, will offer the security & privacy of CDMA, coupled with speed & bandwidth not before seen anywhere, and that includes Clearwire's WiMAX.

You might want to explore the forums before insulting someone who just provided you information you thought was worthy.

06-24-09 08:44 AM
    Why are people on here Bashing Verizon Wireless? If you're happy with them just leave, that's what I do when I'm with a Wireless Carrier and they can't suit my needs anymore. I have had Sprint, T-mobile, At&t and now Verizon, and speaking from experience VZW is the best i've had.
    06-24-09 10:03 AM
    Why are people on here Bashing Verizon Wireless? If you're happy with them just leave, that's what I do when I'm with a Wireless Carrier and they can't suit my needs anymore. I have had Sprint, T-mobile, At&t and now Verizon, and speaking from experience VZW is the best i've had.
    I agree with Jahmezz but believe UN happy was the word. I have had a cell phone since 1983 with the old car phones with Bellsouth. I have been with Nextfail, Sprint, T-Mobile, Cingular and AT&T. Many may complain about VZW but they have you cornered in that they are the most realizable service; anywhere. Ya they have a few issues with customer service but for the love...call any of your major companies and try and get someone in the USA on the phone. I would bet you get India, Philippines (they happen to be very good too) and God knows who. If you want good customer service get off yur can and go to the local VZW store. But I must admit...I get the best information from Crackberry. It was a salesperson at VZW that turned me on to this site.

If you dont like VZW, then for all of us who suffer reading your B & C's, move on to another service.

People who bought their first cell phone ever at VZW are like little jackasses who still live with Mommy and Daddy and get their first big time job. They have never experienced the crap thats out there to appreciate what they have now. Leave VZW and go out in the world and try them all. I would bet you will appreciate VZW a tad bit more with a little more LIFE experience!
    06-24-09 10:32 AM
5,111 ... 106107108109110 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD