View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    No. There is no cdma carrier that has wifi. If you search a bit, this has been very well covered and argued already

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Enter the HTC Ozone next month (hopefully) on VZW. Dun duh ruh dun !!!!
    06-20-09 01:48 PM
    You're fine - it won't pick up AT&T or T-Mobile domestic networks.

Just pay attention to what you have if you do decide to go somewhere interesting.

THX!

What are you describing is that you have Global mode enabled. Disable it, as it would only serve you outside of the country anyway, and its been stated in this forum that it drains your battery more (in theory it sounds about right, but I can't say one way or another in my testing). It is found by going to Options>Mobile Network. Under Network, select 1XEV.

No, it makes no changes to your account, at least if you have VZW (quite certain its the same with T-Mo/AT&T) You can remove the SIM, but by just doing the above, it should ignore the SIM on its boot cycle/network routines.
    Yes it did have Global selected by default so I changed it to 1XEV and saved and it still asks me about the SIM card and choosing a network after a restart. I think I'll just pull the SIM card and keep it someplace safe. Thanks for the advice , much appreciated!!
    06-20-09 02:55 PM
    Hey Branta, I know I come off harsh sometimes, is this message directed at me?
    Not at all. Your profile shows I could contact you by either PM or email but it has not been necessary.
    06-20-09 02:59 PM
    Enter the HTC Ozone next month (hopefully) on VZW. Dun duh ruh dun !!!!
    If you're referring to the wi-fi comment, lastraid meant there are no CDMA wi-fi enabled Blackberry's. Verizon has several wi-fi enabled Windows Mobile devices already ( Samsung Saga, Samsung Omnia, HTC Touch Diamong, HTC Touch Pro, .... ).
    06-20-09 03:56 PM
    I went to Verizon to go ahead and have my plan switched to Verizon from Alltel since one of the lines on my account is due for an upgrade. The rep at the store said it would be no problem. He got ready to port the numbers and uh ohh...problem. I was told that my numbers could not be ported because there is no service in my area, but according to the coverage maps...service and all around me.....service. Why can't my numbers be ported and will I still be able to use them in 3 weeks once the merger is complete in my area? I live in north central NC just south of VA.
    06-20-09 05:25 PM
    Yes no cdma Blackberry devices. Was to early and did not have coffee.

06-20-09 05:30 PM
    My NE2 goes into effect in 2 weeks and i plan to go from my current dumb phone to a smart phone. Like many here I plan to pick up a tour. I have read the FAQ and I just need confirmation of my understanding of how BB billing works.

Since this will be my 1st BB I assume I will have to upgrade my current America's choice 450 vzw plan at $39.99 to one that includes BIS for my Gmail. If I understand the FAQ correctly I would maintain my current plan and add the $29.99 BIS plan bringing my total to $69.98. I would end up with 450 minutes free nights, weekends and unlimited data.

Thanks in advanced for any info.
    06-21-09 02:37 PM
    My NE2 goes into effect in 2 weeks and i plan to go from my current dumb phone to a smart phone. Like many here I plan to pick up a tour. I have read the FAQ and I just need confirmation of my understanding of how BB billing works.

Since this will be my 1st BB I assume I will have to upgrade my current America's choice 450 vzw plan at $39.99 to one that includes BIS for my Gmail. If I understand the FAQ correctly I would maintain my current plan and add the $29.99 BIS plan bringing my total to $69.98. I would end up with 450 minutes free nights, weekends and unlimited data.

Thanks in advanced for any info.
    The BIS plan is an add on feature, it doesn't necessarily require a "new" plan as you stated. But you are correct, it will be 39.99 plus the 29.99 data package.
    06-21-09 03:59 PM
    Sorry if this is a double post but I have a problem with my Storm. On june 3, I switch from my Alltel HTC Touch, to the Storm. I had 100% Rev A all the time at my house with the Alltel phone. But now that I have a Verizon phone, my signal 90 % of the time is on 1X. I cannot make or receive calls when it is like this because it wont connect. Occasionally it will switch to 1XEV and when it does it works as it should. I have called in to VZW 4 times to get support, but everything that I was told to do, such as wiping, pulling battery, etc will not help. My tower is 1.5 miles from my house and according to antennasearch.org it is owned by Verizon. Why can I not get decent service? I also have a data card that is an Alltel card and it is on Rev A 100% right now. I don't get it. Please help me.
    06-21-09 06:10 PM
    Hi, I was wondering if you get charged extra for using the internet or blackberry messenger outside of the US?
    06-21-09 06:24 PM
    Hi, I was wondering if you get charged extra for using the internet or blackberry messenger outside of the US?
    Yes. I believe there is an international data plan but you would have to check the Verizon website or wait for a rep to answer. My brother went to Canada and didn't realize it wasn't included and had about $70 in charges from using data. He paid it and took it as a learning experience.

All the international rates are on the Verizon website.
    06-21-09 06:41 PM
    Hello all. New to CB and BB in general. Well, almost. I hope this isn't a dumb question or been asked before.

I plan on getting out of my father's family plan and going onto my own as I have moved out. We are eligible for NE2 on August 9th, but I was told by a reliable friend (yes, I know, the friend thing. He knows what he is talking about, though.) that he was able to move into his own separate contract and was able to buy a new phone just like a new customer going to a 2 yr contract. However, I went to two different Verizon stores today and was told that I can go on my own contract at any point, but I cannot upgrade my phone until August 9th. I had fully planned on buying a BB Curve 8330 and I was prepared to pay whatever the costs were. Now I am told this by two stores. Everyone I talk to says it shouldn't be an issues, as I am buying the phone and signing a new contract. Am I wrong?

Thanks!
    06-21-09 07:10 PM
    Quick question. I keep seeing people on here refer to an early upgrade after 1 year. Is that only for the VIP customers, or can anyone early upgrade? I just used my NE2 on a Storm and am probably going to return it for the Curve b/c the Curve is on sale for a lot cheaper. But the Tour looks like it might be a good phone, so I was wondering if I could make the switch to the Tour after 1 year...thanks!
    06-21-09 07:21 PM
    Yes no cdma Blackberry devices. Was to early and did not have coffee.

Gotcha. I had read that wrong too. I should have assumed it was BB too, seeing as how I should know what phones come with what features

Guess thats what I get for posting after a long nap
    06-21-09 08:54 PM
    Yes. The roaming data rates depend on the country. If you have the World Edition or the Storm, you can roam in GSM only countries. If you've got the Curve, Pearl, or something even older, you're looking at only CDMA countries for roaming internationally (they are fewer than GSM)

If the plan applies (I would need the specific country/countries, and your phone model), you've got 2 options. 64.99/month covers unlimited data internationally, and 69.99 covers data + Global Value Plan, which reduces the rates for voice calls.

Hope this helps.
    06-21-09 09:00 PM
    Quick question. I keep seeing people on here refer to an early upgrade after 1 year. Is that only for the VIP customers, or can anyone early upgrade? I just used my NE2 on a Storm and am probably going to return it for the Curve b/c the Curve is on sale for a lot cheaper. But the Tour looks like it might be a good phone, so I was wondering if I could make the switch to the Tour after 1 year...thanks!
    Without getting into too much detail, any customer on a $44.99 plan or higher qualifies for an Annual Upgrade. However, there is a $20 fee associated with letting you upgrade early. This fee is waived however, if you're a VIP customer.

The Storm is currently 199.99, no rebate. The Curve is $170 with a $70 MIR. For the amount of phone, I'd go with the Storm. However, you can always just return the Storm, and hold out til next month for the Tour (assuming your old phone can hang for a month). That's what I'd do in your shoes, rather than wait another year.

Hope this helps.
    06-21-09 09:04 PM
    Without getting into too much detail, any customer on a $44.99 plan or higher qualifies for an Annual Upgrade. However, there is a $20 fee associated with letting you upgrade early. This fee is waived however, if you're a VIP customer.

The Storm is currently 199.99, no rebate. The Curve is $170 with a $70 MIR. For the amount of phone, I'd go with the Storm. However, you can always just return the Storm, and hold out til next month for the Tour (assuming your old phone can hang for a month). That's what I'd do in your shoes, rather than wait another year.

Hope this helps.
    Would my NE2 discount ($50) make that even cheaper, or is that not applied since there is a mail in rebate? And is the 44.99 plan a calling plan, data plan, or a combo of both?

One of the reasons I am thinking about returning the Storm is the expense. Soon after I bought it I was telling myself "I can't believe I just payed $200 for a phone!" But I want a BB, so the Curve would give me that at a cheaper price. Thanks for the help!
    06-21-09 09:20 PM
    Quick question. I keep seeing people on here refer to an early upgrade after 1 year. Is that only for the VIP customers, or can anyone early upgrade? !
    Your have to be on a qualifying price plan for 3 months. I am not 100% sure, but I think it is $79.99 before any add on's but I don't know that is the correct number.
    06-21-09 10:21 PM

Hope this helps.
    Sorry to nit pick but your prices are a little dated. As of right now the Curve is $119.99 with a $70 online discount making it $49.99 and the Storm is $219.99 with a $70 online discount making it $149.99. I do agree he should either keep the Storm ( thats what I would do ) or wait for the Tour.

Enter your location
    06-22-09 12:33 AM
    I have been droping calls as of late and am wondering if I can either uprade to a different phone or get out of my contract.
    I have already put in a trouble call or whatever they called it, and the saleman had stated I would be able to change phones depending on the findings.
    I don't want to re-new again though and would much rather cancel due to the service not working to my expectations. I have been droppinog calls alot lately...
    06-22-09 02:44 PM
    Well I went by the corporate store this afternoon and it turns out with all the rebates and NE2 I could get the Curve for free. I just need to make up my mind which is better, a free BB or paying $200 for the Tour.

Edit: They also told me that in order to qualify for the annual upgrade I would have to have a calling plan of 59.99 or higher. Is it possible to get the annual upgrade by just signing a new 2 year contract with the plan I have now?
    Last edited by nhw544; 06-22-09 at 03:36 PM.
    06-22-09 03:19 PM
    I have had friends switch phones before and i was just wondering how this works.

My friend is up for an upgrade, but doesn't want to upgrade their phone. I am not eligible for an upgrade for another 6 months and am interested in upgrading my regular phone to a blackberry. If my friend orders a blackberry online using there upgrade would we be able to switch phones, I would take the blackberry and she would continue using her regular phone. I would obviously upgrade my phone plan to cover the blackberry data plan.

Thanks for your replies
    06-22-09 04:00 PM
    Apparently VZW doesn't feel the need to reply to this forum.... Figures.....
    06-22-09 04:02 PM
    Apparently VZW doesn't feel the need to reply to this forum.... Figures.....
    ahem...let me clear my throat for this one.

First of all, no where in our job description does it say "browse crackberry all day long and help everyone that complains" When you are helped by a Verizon rep on here, be thankful since we dont have to do it.

Second....this thread is 180 pages long. Obviously there has been some help and or advice given by Verizon employees.
    06-22-09 04:44 PM
    That's almost funny....Lol.
    Help and Verizon in the same sentance!
    LMAO.
    06-22-09 04:54 PM
5,111 ... 105106107108109 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD