View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Since you need another line that is available for upgrade to get the bogo, This would count for the upgrade.
    06-17-09 09:02 PM
    Question - we used asurion to replace a stolen curve. 2 weeks after getting the replacement phone the trackball falls out. We called asurion and they said we would need to pay another $50 to replace the phone. I know I can find another trackball out there and repair it, but obviously they sent us junk. What do you suggest?
    06-18-09 12:39 PM
    I'm sure I saw recently a post where it mentioned after a certian date all the carriers got to gether and agreed all smart phones should only be sold/used with a data plan

wether or not that applies to cdma and gsm I'm not sure
    If they did that would be a violation of the Sherman Anti-Trust Act and I'm sure they all have lawyers that will tell them so.
    06-18-09 03:18 PM
    Question - we used asurion to replace a stolen curve. 2 weeks after getting the replacement phone the trackball falls out. We called asurion and they said we would need to pay another $50 to replace the phone. I know I can find another trackball out there and repair it, but obviously they sent us junk. What do you suggest?
    Welcome to Asurion

You can call back & talk to someone else, but chances are, they will take an attitude along the lines of, "how do we know you didn't break it?"

Another note - pay that second $50 and you have no more insurance.

Again, welcome to the trash they call Asurion

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 08:48 PM
    Ur Assurion device has a warranty from THEM! You don't have to pay another $50. Call them back and ask for a supervisor. I see it all of the time where the insurance device acts up and Assurion has to replace it.
    Last edited by mrsFAB; 06-18-09 at 09:37 PM.
    06-18-09 08:59 PM
    I am new to Crackberry and am hooked on getting my first Blackberry! I appreciate your help with a verizon upgrade question.

If I as the primary number in a family share plan upgraded my phone during a verizon promotion where you got a different phone for free. I put this free phone on one of the secondary lines. Is that a phone upgrade or is that secondary line still able to get a new phone at a promotional price since it has over 2 years since the last time they "purchased" a new phone?

Thanks for your assistance!
    The secondary line would be qualified for an upgrade. All that would've taken place would be an ESN change which does not affect contract or upgrade dates.
    06-18-09 09:05 PM
    False. Both lines would have had to renew their contracts for two years.
    06-18-09 10:55 PM
    Quick question about my options...

I currently have a Pearl 8130 that I started using about 4 months ago. It was previously a work phone, but got taken off my work account so I added it to mine.. About 2-3 months before that (October 08) I had upgraded my personal phone using the New Every 2 option, so I'm not eligible for a phone upgrade until August 2010.

Here's the dilemma... My Pearl has been acting up.. throughout hte day I'll watch the full 4 bar EVDO connection drop to zero bars and 1x, or lost connectivity all together.. It'll come back moments later on its own, but its really annoying. I saw a few other posts about similiar things happening, and it seems like Verzon has fixed these issues for those folks through warranty replacement if eligible.

Since I'm not the original owner, and I'm not eligible for an upgrade, will they still fix or replace my phone or am I SOL for the next 14 months with this? (Aside from buying one retail...)

BTW - I would LOVE to switch to a Pearl Flip now that its out, but at this point just want a consistantly working phone!
    06-19-09 01:00 PM
    Technically the Pearl is not under warranty since you aren't the original owner. That said, if the device is less than 12 months old you could probably get it replaced anyway. There is no chance of a Pearl Flip happening.

If the Pearl cannot get replaced, use the phone you purchased with your upgrade.

06-19-09 01:53 PM
    Quick question about my options...

I currently have a Pearl 8130 that I started using about 4 months ago. It was previously a work phone, but got taken off my work account so I added it to mine.. About 2-3 months before that (October 08) I had upgraded my personal phone using the New Every 2 option, so I'm not eligible for a phone upgrade until August 2010.

Here's the dilemma... My Pearl has been acting up.. throughout hte day I'll watch the full 4 bar EVDO connection drop to zero bars and 1x, or lost connectivity all together.. It'll come back moments later on its own, but its really annoying. I saw a few other posts about similiar things happening, and it seems like Verzon has fixed these issues for those folks through warranty replacement if eligible.

Since I'm not the original owner, and I'm not eligible for an upgrade, will they still fix or replace my phone or am I SOL for the next 14 months with this? (Aside from buying one retail...)

BTW - I would LOVE to switch to a Pearl Flip now that its out, but at this point just want a consistantly working phone!
    You should be able to get it replaced under warranty but since it is not originally your equipment, it came from another account or source, you will have to pay the $50 FRU fee. Of course sometimes policies on these types of issues vary by region but in the Northeast area this would be the case.
    06-19-09 02:08 PM
    OK, so I called AT&T and got the run down on how much it's going to cost me per month for my phone and my daughter's phone compared to our current rate with Verizon. Without writing a history book, here it is in a nut shell; the phones we are using are the Blackberry Curve 8330 and my daughter has a regular phone that she can access the Internet with, I believe it's the LG enV VX9900. Verizon is charging me $160.00/mo for unlimited text, pictures, and video, as well as unlimited access to the Internet for both phones. Also, I did not mention that this is with 1400 minutes.This $160.00 is with a 20% corporate discount already calculated into it. Now, AT&T would offer the exact same plan for around $160.00, minus the 20% corporate discount which would bring me down to around $130.00 and with insurance around $140/mo. Now, I called Verizon and we compared apples to oranges, and I come to find out that I was able to drop my price around $140.00 if I decided to make my daughter's number primary and me secondary. I am hoping that I didn't screw myself somehow by doing this. I am up currently for an early upgrade, and was told that I still can, even though I am now the secondary number. I am still waiting on an email from Verizon confirming all this, and it's been hours, I think I am in trouble. What I am upset about is that Verizon in a way forced me to do something that I didn't want to do or I was going to be charged a hefty monthly bill. Not a good way to develop good customer relations I would say.
    06-19-09 03:15 PM
    I have a new Storm. I live in Utah. I will most likely NEVER travel anywhere interesting in my life. When I boot my Storm it tells me that a SIM card has been detected do I want it to choose the best available network. I tell it no several times and it still keeps asking. So finally I told it YES to shut it up! Is this going to make any additional charges on my account? Does it drain your battery faster? Should I just remove the sim and be done with it?

Thanks for ANY help
    06-19-09 03:24 PM
    I have a new Storm. I live in Utah. I will most likely NEVER travel anywhere interesting in my life. When I boot my Storm it tells me that a SIM card has been detected do I want it to choose the best available network. I tell it no several times and it still keeps asking. So finally I told it YES to shut it up! Is this going to make any additional charges on my account? Does it drain your battery faster? Should I just remove the sim and be done with it?

Thanks for ANY help
    You're fine - it won't pick up AT&T or T-Mobile domestic networks.

Just pay attention to what you have if you do decide to go somewhere interesting.

06-19-09 04:07 PM
    OK, so I called AT&T and got the run down on how much it's going to cost me per month for my phone and my daughter's phone compared to our current rate with Verizon. Without writing a history book, here it is in a nut shell; the phones we are using are the Blackberry Curve 8330 and my daughter has a regular phone that she can access the Internet with, I believe it's the LG enV VX9900. Verizon is charging me $160.00/mo for unlimited text, pictures, and video, as well as unlimited access to the Internet for both phones. Also, I did not mention that this is with 1400 minutes.This $160.00 is with a 20% corporate discount already calculated into it. Now, AT&T would offer the exact same plan for around $160.00, minus the 20% corporate discount which would bring me down to around $130.00 and with insurance around $140/mo. Now, I called Verizon and we compared apples to oranges, and I come to find out that I was able to drop my price around $140.00 if I decided to make my daughter's number primary and me secondary. I am hoping that I didn't screw myself somehow by doing this. I am up currently for an early upgrade, and was told that I still can, even though I am now the secondary number. I am still waiting on an email from Verizon confirming all this, and it's been hours, I think I am in trouble. What I am upset about is that Verizon in a way forced me to do something that I didn't want to do or I was going to be charged a hefty monthly bill. Not a good way to develop good customer relations I would say.
    Changing your primary line to a secondary line, you will lose your early upgrade, unless you upgrade before the change occurs. If it wasn't an early upgrade, but the new every two, you will lose that, but still be able to upgrade.

How did Verizon force you to change your plan? It sounds like you'll be saving $20, did you not want to do that? In order to change your plan, you must, at the very least, verbally agree to the change... Did you agree to the change?
    06-19-09 05:36 PM
    I just switched to a 8830 (vzw) from the Storm. The Storm had visual voicemail and now I'm a little spoiled and the entire process of entering in my passsword is really annoying. I remember that there is a way to save your number in your phonebook as voicemail and add pauses and input your password in there with it. After this is done... you just hold down the 1 key and it calls your voicemail and automatically inputs your password. Anyone know how to do this?
    06-19-09 09:42 PM
    I just switched to a 8830 (vzw) from the Storm. The Storm had visual voicemail and now I'm a little spoiled and the entire process of entering in my passsword is really annoying. I remember that there is a way to save your number in your phonebook as voicemail and add pauses and input your password in there with it. After this is done... you just hold down the 1 key and it calls your voicemail and automatically inputs your password. Anyone know how to do this?

PhoneApp/Menu/Options/Voicemail/Password
    06-19-09 10:04 PM
    Please keep messages on topic - questions to VZW reps, and the replies to questions

Members may have noticed some messages have disappeared with two members taunting and insulting each other, and disparaging other members. The worst posts have been removed but unfortunately one offender has blocked all communication from moderators in a misguided belief it makes him immune to reprimand.

Those who have posts removed should read http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/bas...r-conduct-114/ and http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/pos...uidelines-113/

In particular the offenders should note the following warning:
    Warnings/Ban General Policy
    Forum moderators do not seek to issue warnings or bans to members. It is the aim of CrackBerry.com's founders, owners, administrators and moderators that the Community Forums be a friendly and welcoming environment for all BlackBerry owners and enthusiasts of any skill level. That said, members who do not follow the simple rules above and hurt the environment vs. help it will be warned. We would rather have everyone be an active member of CrackBerry.com, but action will be taken against members who continually break the rules and cause more harm than good. The general policy of the CrackBerry Moderation team is 3 strikes and you're out. Depending on offense, the moderation team reserves the right to act more generously or with greater severity.

THE ADMINISTRATORS AND MODERATORS OF CRACKBERRY.COM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MOVE, REMOVE, EDIT, CLOSE THREADS/POSTS OR BAN MEMBERS (HAVE POSTING PRIVILEGES REVOKED) WHO BREACH THESE RULES OR TERMS OF USE AT OUR SOLE DISCRETION, AND WITH OR WITHOUT PRIOR WARNING OR EXPLANATION.
    In other words, the fact that the forum team cannot communicate with a member will not avoid sanctions. The forums are here for the benefit of all members and we will not allow a tiny minority to spoil the enjoyment of many.
    06-20-09 04:37 AM
    Please keep messages on topic - questions to VZW reps, and the replies to questions

Members may have noticed some messages have disappeared with two members taunting and insulting each other, and disparaging other members. The worst posts have been removed but unfortunately one offender has blocked all communication from moderators in a misguided belief it makes him immune to reprimand.

Those who have posts removed should read http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/bas...r-conduct-114/ and http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/pos...uidelines-113/

In particular the offenders should note the following warning:

In other words, the fact that the forum team cannot communicate with a member will not avoid sanctions. The forums are here for the benefit of all members and we will not allow a tiny minority to spoil the enjoyment of many.
    Hey Branta, I know I come off harsh sometimes, is this message directed at me?

06-20-09 07:23 AM
    I'm also a CSR for Verizon Wirless, in a retail channel rather than a call center.

I would be happy to help with any questions too!!

I got the pearl about 4 months ago when it was free. Now I want to get a storm, can you tell me the cheapest way to do that.

06-20-09 08:16 AM
    Hi, my blackberry doesnt get very good service anywhere, but on my old phone i had great service. just wondering if there was something i could do that could fix this? thanks
    06-20-09 08:53 AM
    Hi, my blackberry doesnt get very good service anywhere, but on my old phone i had great service. just wondering if there was something i could do that could fix this? thanks
    *22899 that should do ya good
    06-20-09 08:58 AM
    I have been dying to ask this question. Who was the genius behind adding a media card to the Blackberries? Wouldn't it have been better to have applications that we need for work that eat up a lot of memory to go on here, and keep the pictures and ringtones on the device memory. Better yet, today you can send your photos up to the internet and keep your phone from being bloated. I left the most important fact out, and that if something happened to the phone that it needs a hard reset that you wouldn't have to reload your programs. I hope that this is something that either is or is being considered.
    Last edited by androdamas; 06-20-09 at 09:47 AM.
    06-20-09 09:45 AM
    I have been dying to ask this question. Who was the genius behind adding a media card to the Blackberries? Wouldn't it have been better to have applications that we need for work that eat up a lot of memory to go on here, and keep the pictures and ringtones on the device memory. Better yet, today you can send your photos up to the internet and keep your phone from being bloated. I left the most important fact out, and that if something happened to the phone that it needs a hard reset that you wouldn't have to reload your programs. I hope that this is something that either is or is being considered.
    The genius would be RIM. It's a limitation for Blackberry's. You can access applications from a media card on WinMO devices....
    06-20-09 11:21 AM
    No. There is no cdma carrier that has wifi. If you search a bit, this has been very well covered and argued already

06-20-09 12:44 PM

Thanks for ANY help
    What are you describing is that you have Global mode enabled. Disable it, as it would only serve you outside of the country anyway, and its been stated in this forum that it drains your battery more (in theory it sounds about right, but I can't say one way or another in my testing). It is found by going to Options>Mobile Network. Under Network, select 1XEV.

No, it makes no changes to your account, at least if you have VZW (quite certain its the same with T-Mo/AT&T) You can remove the SIM, but by just doing the above, it should ignore the SIM on its boot cycle/network routines.
    06-20-09 01:46 PM
5,111 ... 104105106107108 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD