View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    What else can b done
    06-13-09 02:15 PM
    HI,

I want to start out by saying this is a very helpful forum for the verizon wireless users. I have learned, and will continue to learn much from it.

I have a question about international rates. I will be going to iraq again in a few months. I know I can unlock my phone and use a local sim card, but I don't honestly like giving the locals there money.

Is there a way to avoid paying the insane amount for international calls. The reps on the phone say i have to have the interational data plan as well. I really just want voice communication with people back in the states.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    06-14-09 03:00 AM
    HI,

I want to start out by saying this is a very helpful forum for the verizon wireless users. I have learned, and will continue to learn much from it.

I have a question about international rates. I will be going to iraq again in a few months. I know I can unlock my phone and use a local sim card, but I don't honestly like giving the locals there money.

Is there a way to avoid paying the insane amount for international calls. The reps on the phone say i have to have the interational data plan as well. I really just want voice communication with people back in the states.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    sciddl,

You could add the Global Value Plan for I think it is 4.99$ monthly, not able to get the correct amount as so much info to remember and I'm not at work right now. But it would discount the voice calls from Iraq from 2.89$ per minute to 2.29$ per minute, not much of a savings, but after about 25 minutes you would still be saving some money for calls. This info is available at the Verizon Wireless website under International Services, if you want to look at the info yourself.

00smurf, VZW customer care rep as well
    06-14-09 12:23 PM
    Hi everybody,

I want to be able to activate a Verizon Blackberry Pearl 8130 without paying the $30/month fee, because i dont really need to use the data. It is my dad's old pearl, and he has had it for over a year. I thought that only if the phone was launched after 11/14/08 would it be required to use a dataplan, but everytime i try to activate it on the Verizon website, it tells me that i must choose a dataplan.

I'm really just wondering if there is any way i can call up a customer service guy and get my blackberry activated without putting the extra $30/month on my family's plan.

thanks,
    imax32

P.S. I know there is a contract between Verizon and RIM, and I know it is partially pointless to have a blackberry without data

P.S.S My dad has a blackberry storm and has the $44/month plan for his phone. Is there any chance that could cover my phone as well?
    06-14-09 12:39 PM
    I'm really just wondering if there is any way i can call up a customer service guy and get my blackberry activated without putting the extra $30/month on my family's plan
    No, you must have a data plan with a BB.

My dad has a blackberry storm and has the $44/month plan for his phone. Is there any chance that could cover my phone as well?
    No Verizon doe not offer a family data plan for BB. Each one needs their own data plan.
    06-14-09 03:38 PM
    Hi everybody,

I want to be able to activate a Verizon Blackberry Pearl 8130 without paying the $30/month fee, because i dont really need to use the data. It is my dad's old pearl, and he has had it for over a year. I thought that only if the phone was launched after 11/14/08 would it be required to use a dataplan, but everytime i try to activate it on the Verizon website, it tells me that i must choose a dataplan.

I'm really just wondering if there is any way i can call up a customer service guy and get my blackberry activated without putting the extra $30/month on my family's plan.

thanks,
    imax32

P.S. I know there is a contract between Verizon and RIM, and I know it is partially pointless to have a blackberry without data

P.S.S My dad has a blackberry storm and has the $44/month plan for his phone. Is there any chance that could cover my phone as well?
    Any PDA that Verizon releases after November 2008 is required to have a data plan. But Blackberry's have always required a data plan.
    06-14-09 05:28 PM
    Ok, I am a little frustrated. Hopefully I can get the real scoop here. I am a former Alltel user that has been migrated over to a Verizon account. I was told that my Alltel plan would stay in place until it expires in 18 months. I have a BB Storm and I am going out of town, so I would like to tether my Storm to my laptop. I have called the 800 number and spoken to CSR in stores on two separate occasions. I have been told every time that there is no data cap on tethering. I ask about the 5Gb that I keep reading about, and they to a one all say no that is only on the cards. There is no cap for tethering. Why is there such a disconnect between what I am reading online and what I am being told over the phone and in the stores. I have the personal BIS plan for my blackberry. I have also asked if the no cap had to do with my having the Alltel plan transfered over, and I have been told no. Finally, if there is a cap what stops people from using a third party tethering program besides the fact that it may conflict with their morals?

I look forward to receiving feedback.
    06-14-09 07:38 PM
    While you are still on an Alltel plan this makes it difficult for VZW reps right now. Normally I can tell you, there is 5 GB soft cap for tethering. With this in mind, there is a whole team devoted to handling Alltel customers. I would call VZW tech and ask to be xfered over to this team. This is only cause you are still on an Alltel plan
    06-14-09 07:46 PM
    If I purchase a BB off of ebay, and pay for an insurance through verizon, will verizon cover it if the phone is damaged lost?
    06-15-09 01:44 AM
    No. You can only insure a brand new phone or one transferred within the same account.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 01:56 AM
    Hey I have an 8330 and was wondering what would b previewed in the tour will it b the storm2 I was considering going to a storm or going down to the pearl flip when it comes out
    06-15-09 02:04 AM
    Uhhh what? Can you rewrite that in a complete and coherent sentence? Thank you.

06-15-09 02:07 AM
    No. You can only insure a brand new phone or one transferred within the same account.

Ok thanks

I'll have to make sure I have my insurance canceled once I switch phones.
    06-15-09 02:15 AM
    What will be included in the tour what models and will the storm2 be in there and what colors will b offered with the pearl flip when it comes out
    06-15-09 02:28 AM
    If I purchase a BB off of ebay, and pay for an insurance through verizon, will verizon cover it if the phone is damaged lost?
    Ok thanks

I'll have to make sure I have my insurance canceled once I switch phones.
    If you already have insurance, do the ESN change on line, and your insurance will stay on the account. Have done it many times.

Heck I bought a phone of craigslist and had to call 611 due to programing issues, and they offered and put insurance on my sons account to cover the phone.
    06-15-09 02:48 AM
    This is a common error though. Verizon's system does not drop your insurance when you activate used equipment. Asurion does not properly research equipment history when they validate the insurance coverage.
    Combined, this usually ends up with people able to get insurance replacements on ineligible equipment.

Counting on this happening though is probably not a sound "insurance" plan.

06-15-09 03:59 AM
    If you already have insurance, do the ESN change on line, and your insurance will stay on the account. Have done it many times.

Heck I bought a phone of craigslist and had to call 611 due to programing issues, and they offered and put insurance on my sons account to cover the phone.
    That is what I was originally thinking of doing, but wasn't sure if it would work...

This is a common error though. Verizon's system does not drop your insurance when you activate used equipment. Asurion does not properly research equipment history when they validate the insurance coverage.
    Combined, this usually ends up with people able to get insurance replacements on ineligible equipment.

Counting on this happening though is probably not a sound "insurance" plan.

I haven't bought the phone yet, so I have plenty of time to figure out what I'm going to do. I really want the tour, but since it's going to be new, I'm sure the retail price is going to be relatively high... Decisions, decisions
    06-15-09 10:39 AM
    What will be included in the tour what models and will the storm2 be in there and what colors will b offered with the pearl flip when it comes out
    The Tour is its own model, just like the Storm. The Storm isn't going to include the Tour and the Tour isn't going to include the Storm. Is that your question? Still not sure if I understand your question.

And the pictures I have seen of the Pearl Flip are silver/gray. Haven't seen any other colors.

Last edited by scurvydlicious; 06-15-09 at 12:58 PM.
    06-15-09 12:56 PM
    Okay, so it has been recently announced that Verizon will be required to sell off certain assets in my state (Utah). I am wondering whom I should contact to find out if my particular area will be affected by this sell off. I have tried contacting both the *611 option and my local Verizon company store and they have no clue that there was even going to be a sell off Could someone point me in a direction where I might be able to find more information? Thanks in advance!
    06-15-09 01:02 PM
    While you are still on an Alltel plan this makes it difficult for VZW reps right now. Normally I can tell you, there is 5 GB soft cap for tethering. With this in mind, there is a whole team devoted to handling Alltel customers. I would call VZW tech and ask to be xfered over to this team. This is only cause you are still on an Alltel plan
    I called Verizon today. I was told that seeing that Verizon did not have the equivalent of Alltel's unlimited data plan with tethering that there was no way to offer this service the way I was informed it would. The CSR seemed very knowledgeable, unfortunately the information that I received prior to the Alltel switch does not seem to lineup with what I am being told now. Specifically, that I could add the tethering without a 5 GB cap at any point during my Alltel contract and that Verizon would honor that option. Did the CSR miss something, or is there truly no way for this to be done.

I will say that the CSR said for me to use the plan as I wish and that he would refund the overage if any once the bill has been printed. The problem is that I will be in the middle of nowhere for two weeks. I do website design and could blow the cap away in a few days. Will the CSR really be able to refund the overage as he says he will? I have to go on his word. I have nothing in writing. I did add the tethering to my account today, but honestly I am afraid to use it for my intended purpose. I know I could use an illegal software to hide the use of tethering and skip the $30 a month fee, but I am trying to be above board on everything. Any thoughts?
    06-15-09 04:08 PM
    Any new Black Berries coming to Verizon in the next month and a half? I'm able to upgrade my current BB (8830) to a new model, and just curious if there is anything new on the horizon. I have heard rumors of a new BB at the end of June/July (not sure which) but was wondering how much truth there is to this.

Or would it be safer just getting a 'phone'

I have never been happy with this 8830 but I was unable to do anything, unless I wanted to drop 500 for a new Curve. I don't want to pick up a new (old) device, that is going to be outdated once the 30 return policy is expired.
    06-16-09 02:35 PM
    Any new Black Berries coming to Verizon in the next month and a half? I'm able to upgrade my current BB (8830) to a new model, and just curious if there is anything new on the horizon. I have heard rumors of a new BB at the end of June/July (not sure which) but was wondering how much truth there is to this.

Or would it be safer just getting a 'phone'

I have never been happy with this 8830 but I was unable to do anything, unless I wanted to drop 500 for a new Curve. I don't want to pick up a new (old) device, that is going to be outdated once the 30 return policy is expired.
    The 9630 just got announced, so it should come out in the next few weeks....the rumored release date is July 13.
    06-16-09 02:41 PM
    Can I please get a rep to hit me up on bbm. I'm an upset customer in need of clarification

06-17-09 12:46 PM
    If no one has responded, PM me.
    06-17-09 04:58 PM
    I am new to Crackberry and am hooked on getting my first Blackberry! I appreciate your help with a verizon upgrade question.

If I as the primary number in a family share plan upgraded my phone during a verizon promotion where you got a different phone for free. I put this free phone on one of the secondary lines. Is that a phone upgrade or is that secondary line still able to get a new phone at a promotional price since it has over 2 years since the last time they "purchased" a new phone?

Thanks for your assistance!
    06-17-09 08:50 PM
5,111 ... 103104105106107 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD