View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Okay so in the near future I will be forced to Verizon due to my contract my question is I am on a BB storm and pay for the BIS could I hook up a Palm Treo as a second line and what would the cost be for the plan?
    Thanks
    Mark

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    At this time ALL PDA/Smartphone released after Nov 2008 require data plans. They are either 29.99 or 44.99 depending on the needs of the user.
    06-08-09 07:42 PM
    Would thay be in addition to the20 I am currently paying for the second line the is not a smrtphone?

06-08-09 08:03 PM
    Would thay be in addition to the20 I am currently paying for the second line the is not a smrtphone?

Yes, each device must be on its own line and also require a data plan. Yes at miniumum each device on the account would be 29.99 minimum
    06-08-09 08:50 PM
    VZW reps ... I am part of the Alltel move (still waiting) I have 3 lines on a family plan with Alltel. 1 has no contract 2 have 6 months left. If my move occurs soon what is the chance VZW will waive the remainder of the 2 lines under contract if I want to upgrade to new devices at VZW?
    06-09-09 10:33 AM
    Are there any phones with good calenders and to do lists (basic organizers) that are available without the data garbage? I need a phone to organize everything but don't need internet or e-mail.
    Get a Palm.
    06-09-09 01:07 PM
    Are there any phones with good calenders and to do lists (basic organizers) that are available without the data garbage? I need a phone to organize everything but don't need internet or e-mail.
    Get a Palm.
    Any basic PDA will do.

Or an enV or nearly any current phone. They all have calendars.

Maybe a trip over to T-Mobile for a Sidekick?

Nokia has a few phones with reasonable calendars.

How about a DayRunner?

Why does VZW block the automatic popcorn popper on all of my phones? I think I'll will start a class-action suit!

06-09-09 11:23 PM
    Is VZW seriously still sporting .77 as their only official BB OS? It is the worst 4.5 OS, but yet if we use something else, we are violating warranty or something. Isn't that a little strange? I know vzw is slow with OS upgrdes, but come on. Thouhgts?

06-10-09 08:41 AM
    Is VZw getting iPhone? Someone told me that Apple is coming up with an iPhone for VZW. They just won't call it an iPhone. Any truth to this news?
    06-10-09 09:18 AM
    thanks for the tip on the lg env touch

looked at the website $149 on a 2 year cool I thought so went to me local vz store tried it for size seemed perfect went through the contract and then I was told..$340 please!!!!

wtf.. why does it cost $200 more from the shop than online needless to say where they say money please I said no thank you

rep..why is this situation so? a small difference i could understand but over a 100% increase?

anyway another lost contract
    06-10-09 09:44 AM
    Hi - I have Curve and I get my gmail on my BB. When I read the email on my handheld it marks as read on my gmail inbox, but when I read the email on my gmail inbox it will not change to unread on my BB Messages. Can I fix this?
    06-10-09 10:30 AM
    UGAgirlinATL,

Unfortunately, there is no way to do what you are wanting to do with Gmail. If you are on BIS, the only email type that will do the two way "read-sync" is a yahoo address.

06-10-09 11:33 AM
    pretend I have a an old blackberry laying around. My current phone just broke. I want to activate my blackberry as a back up phone. I dont want Data. i dont want any Blackberry features that make it a blackberry. I just want it to send recieve calls and text messages.

Will VZW activate my old BB on their netowrk and block the data plan?
    06-10-09 12:28 PM
    No. Not possible.

06-10-09 02:05 PM
    I'm sure I saw recently a post where it mentioned after a certian date all the carriers got to gether and agreed all smart phones should only be sold/used with a data plan

wether or not that applies to cdma and gsm I'm not sure
    06-10-09 02:09 PM
    My wife and I recently got BB storms. Unfortunately the phone service at our home is not reliable. The signal strength fluctuates between 0 and 3 bars - usually 1 or 2. Yesterday my wife's was on a call that was dropped 3 times. More often than not when one of us is home words or sylables are cut off. We are not in the boondocks but in a suburban area 3 mi west of one verizon store and 4 mi south east of another. Does it do any good to complain to Verizon? If so, to who? Is there a way to determine if it is a service problem or a phone problem?

TIA
    06-10-09 05:24 PM
    <----- vzw rep/sales, I will say this site has been very informative, as every day everyone learns something new, I am willing to help however I can as well
    06-10-09 05:51 PM
    thanks for the tip on the lg env touch

looked at the website $149 on a 2 year cool I thought so went to me local vz store tried it for size seemed perfect went through the contract and then I was told..$340 please!!!!

wtf.. why does it cost $200 more from the shop than online needless to say where they say money please I said no thank you

rep..why is this situation so? a small difference i could understand but over a 100% increase?

anyway another lost contract
    I'm wondering what store you went to. The 2 year price is $149.99 after a $70 rebate. The 1 year price is $219.99 after $70 rebate. And the month to month price is $409.99 with no rebate... Not sure where $340 comes from. Maybe you're not eligible for the 2 year upgrade price and they were cutting you a deal off of the full retail price?
    06-10-09 07:33 PM
    My wife and I recently got BB storms. Unfortunately the phone service at our home is not reliable. The signal strength fluctuates between 0 and 3 bars - usually 1 or 2. Yesterday my wife's was on a call that was dropped 3 times. More often than not when one of us is home words or sylables are cut off. We are not in the boondocks but in a suburban area 3 mi west of one verizon store and 4 mi south east of another. Does it do any good to complain to Verizon? If so, to who? Is there a way to determine if it is a service problem or a phone problem?

TIA
    They will probably tell you they can't gurantee coverage in your home. They may send a network person by to make sure no signal issues in your area. And they will probably recommend you purchase a network extender, if you qualify.
    06-10-09 07:35 PM
    I'm ready to graduate from the 8330 curve. What is the next BB device with a keyboard I should look at and buy that is available in the next 3-4 months?
    Last edited by LS3Nole; 06-10-09 at 08:25 PM.
    06-10-09 08:18 PM
    I'm wondering what store you went to. The 2 year price is $149.99 after a $70 rebate. The 1 year price is $219.99 after $70 rebate. And the month to month price is $409.99 with no rebate... Not sure where $340 comes from. Maybe you're not eligible for the 2 year upgrade price and they were cutting you a deal off of the full retail price?
    My partner is on verizon and was adding me to her plan they asked her also to sign a document that meant they charge us $340 and the difference between this and the phone only was $170 and this if we signed meant they could chase us for that $170 also if we cancelled before the contract end. and the verizon store was in a radio shack in south dakota

when we asked why is it 149 online and 340 in the shop they seemd a bit reluctant to say so we left and ignored the contract
    06-10-09 10:02 PM
    my verizon is working my damn nerves right now
    06-10-09 10:43 PM
    my verizon is working my damn nerves right now
    So what is your questions, I must have missed it?
    06-11-09 12:11 AM
    Okay so here is my question. I am with Alltel and I have my BB Storm as a primary line. I was recently given a Palm Treo. I have discovered through Alltel will cost me basically $20 more than I am currently paying to upgrade from my 2 line plan that gets data to one line to a 2 data line plan. My question is I know the VZW change over is about to be complete, and I am wondering if my wife decides she wants to go back to her non-smartphone once we are with VZW what are the consequences and would we have to sign a new contract to change plans?
    06-11-09 08:34 AM

TIA
    Call and complain. Do it everyday. VZW prioritizes sites by customer complaints. After enough calls the site becomes an apparent hole in the network. Then the site goes to an RF engineer. The RF engineer issues a search ring. The search ring goes to a site acquisition agent who bang on doors and talks to landlords. Eventually they enter a lease agreement with someone and I draw up the engineering documents for zoning/construction of the new tower. Then the site is bid out and constructed.

If you are in a suburban area the chances are good that someone has already called and a search ring has been issued. They may already have a lease agreement and plans for a new tower. The more you calll and complain the better. Your site will climb the priority ladder.

So keep calling!!!!!!!!!!!!

But if you dont feel like doing that then their is a $500 repeater option that would work throughout your house. It amplifies the signal where it is strong and transmitts it throughout your house. It does the same for you phone signal also transmitting it back to the tower.
    06-11-09 08:47 AM
    Filing several tickets for the same phone number won't get you anywhere.

06-11-09 10:47 AM
5,111 ... 101102103104105 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD