View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    8530 curve for verizon?
    06-07-09 02:42 AM
    Most likely yes as VZW does have a prepaid subscription service. I don't see why they wouldn't add this phone, but I could be wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 02:46 AM
    I am TOTALLY new. How can I know if someone listen to a voice mail I left???
    06-07-09 10:11 AM
    You can't. Sorry.

06-07-09 12:12 PM
    Any vz rep in?

my partner has a lg v100 something? and has it on a basic plan

she want's to add me to her plan to the $69.99 family? for so many minutes and txts etc

Your choice of phones are poor and the only one that caught my eye was the samsung omnia but I saw on here that to have the omnia from you I have to have a data plan also..is this the case

also If by buying from you I have to have a data plan, can I buy one from ebay then ask you to connect the phone to verizon without the data plan and if so what would the cost be?

Failing that get your finger out get the iphones on vzw and I'll sign a full plan the next day
    06-07-09 06:56 PM
    Any vz rep in?

my partner has a lg v100 something? and has it on a basic plan

she want's to add me to her plan to the $69.99 family? for so many minutes and txts etc

Your choice of phones are poor and the only one that caught my eye was the samsung omnia but I saw on here that to have the omnia from you I have to have a data plan also..is this the case

also If by buying from you I have to have a data plan, can I buy one from ebay then ask you to connect the phone to verizon without the data plan and if so what would the cost be?

Failing that get your finger out get the iphones on vzw and I'll sign a full plan the next day
    None of the newer style PDA's or Blackberries will even activate onto our system without the data plan. So even if you buy one from ebay, you'd still need to have the plan.
    06-07-09 07:00 PM
    Thanks get for the speedy reply

I am originally from the u.k. but now in the states and to be honest I am having difficulty in understanding the very restrictive market that cdma operators have

but thanks anyway

ooo quick edit

went into wallmart today and two of the verizon phones..storm and lg dare were cheaper in there on the vzw network than even vzw online and in vzw stores.. how can this be?
    Last edited by just txt and calls mam; 06-07-09 at 07:08 PM.
    06-07-09 07:05 PM
    Verizon allows Walmart, Best Buy, etc to sell their devices.
    The benefit to the consumer is a great price. The down side is that if you need to return or exchange, only that store can help you.
    06-07-09 07:12 PM
    Thanks for that fab

Normally you would expext the carrier to want your money more than the external sellers but hey as you've said, any money in my pocket is better than in verizons
    06-07-09 07:25 PM
    Verizon allows Walmart, Best Buy, etc to sell their devices.
    The benefit to the consumer is a great price. The down side is that if you need to return or exchange, only that store can help you.
    And often times they direct you to a corporate store for those things.
    06-07-09 10:49 PM
    Thanks for that fab

Normally you would expext the carrier to want your money more than the external sellers but hey as you've said, any money in my pocket is better than in verizons
    Verizon is not in the business of selling equipment to make a profit. If you buy a phone from them at the full, unsubsidized cost they make less than 10% profit.

Walmart might even get a better discount on the phones from the distributors and manufacturers than Verizon does due to the volume of ALL their electronics purchases.
    06-07-09 11:55 PM
    Hi: I'm planning a family phones and service upgrade. I want to upgrade to a Curve however my wife and son want the Env3. Think the 700 minute family select plan will give us all we need. Do I have to buy two data plans or will just one cover all three phones?
    06-08-09 09:58 AM
    The Select plan will cover messaging for all 3 lines but you will still need to add a blackberry data plan to your line. The personal plan is $30/month.

06-08-09 10:17 AM
    What about the "Connect" plan. It includes Unlimited Megabytes for Mobile Web and Get It Now/Media Center. Would Blackerrry and non Blackberry data plans still be required? I don't want to buy two data plans.
    06-08-09 10:52 AM
    What about the "Connect" plan. It includes Unlimited Megabytes for Mobile Web and Get It Now/Media Center. Would Blackerrry and non Blackberry data plans still be required? I don't want to buy two data plans.
    Blackberries & all other smarthphones don't use the standard data packages for non-smarthphones, so you would have to have 2 data packages if you got a Blackberry. Hope that helps!
    06-08-09 11:57 AM
    Okay another question

I want a phone that calls and txt..doesn't need the internet or emails (i have a computer for that) but I have hands like shovels so what is the best and newest phone you do without a data plan
    06-08-09 04:02 PM
    My wife and I both have blackberry storms on a share plan. My number is the primary on the account. If I were to leave VZW can I make my wife's phone the primary on the account (still in my name)? That way I can keep that account for her and port my number to another carrier without affecting my VZW account. Not sure If I am going to do it or not, but wanted to see what the options are.
    06-08-09 04:18 PM
    Okay another question

I want a phone that calls and txt..doesn't need the internet or emails (i have a computer for that) but I have hands like shovels so what is the best and newest phone you do without a data plan
    The Voyager, the Env Touch that succeeds the Voyager, and the Versa all have large keyboards. I had a Voyager here until recently, I do occasionally miss the keyboard. The new Alias has a nice keyboard as well.
    06-08-09 04:24 PM
    Are there any phones with good calenders and to do lists (basic organizers) that are available without the data garbage? I need a phone to organize everything but don't need internet or e-mail.
    06-08-09 04:39 PM
    I know if I wasn't stuck on Verizon this wouldn't even be a problem but unfortunately I am stuck for awhile....
    06-08-09 04:42 PM
    Okay so in the near future I will be forced to Verizon due to my contract my question is I am on a BB storm and pay for the BIS could I hook up a Palm Treo as a second line and what would the cost be for the plan?
    Thanks
    Mark

06-08-09 05:13 PM
    I wouldn't go with Verizon!
    06-08-09 05:24 PM
    Wanna take over my contract lol
    06-08-09 05:33 PM
    Verizon CEO recently stated that they have been "Overly protected their brand".

I am an analyst in mobile filed. Something will be changed to keep VZ competitive. This is all I can say for now.
    This came from the Verizon 8830-GPS update thread in the WE forum.

Just wondering can any of the reps expand on this? Twins
    Bump...

10 char
    06-08-09 05:37 PM
    I am confused about the replies I am confused about this reply and I am wondering if I need to add this to my service now or is itbetter to wait for the change over in July?
    I am under A Alltel contract until next year and need to know what my options are.

06-08-09 07:51 PM
5,111 ... 100101102103104 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD