View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 99100101102103 ...
tools
    Did not work...service books didn't work either

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 09:53 PM
    At this point like I stated before, call VZW tech and they wil work with it a bit and then get to RIM.
    06-04-09 10:00 PM
    Why do you use app center? app world is a hundred times better...
    06-04-09 10:13 PM
    Why do you use app center? app world is a hundred times better...

HUH

I when responding to a post that appears to have been posted sometime ago, click on the quote button in that post. This way we all know what are commenting about
    06-04-09 10:21 PM
    Did you resend your service books like suggested?

Yes I did, still didn't work
    06-05-09 05:13 AM
    I have a question, I have two lines, did added the second line for a friend. well long story short looks like I might be suspending the line

There is a deposit on the second line, can I use the deposit to pay the ETF?, I was thinking letting my g/f use the line, but we would have to pay full price for a new phone (she wants a BB now lol cuz she has been playing with mine ). So I was going to use the up grade and give her my current BB. But that's 6 months out still

So I need to know my options on the second line

I have learned a lesson too, so I don't want to do anything to put my account in bad standing

Thank you

06-05-09 05:56 AM
    I travel to and from europe regulary and can't help but notice how much far ahead they are in newer more higher tech phones

many of those phones they take for granted we don't even see in the U.S.

My question is Mr Verizon rep

considering vodafone is your partner why are so many phones from over there not avaliable over here?
    06-05-09 10:29 AM
    I travel to and from europe regulary and can't help but notice how much far ahead they are in newer more higher tech phones

many of those phones they take for granted we don't even see in the U.S.

My question is Mr Verizon rep

considering vodafone is your partner why are so many phones from over there not avaliable over here?
    Simple, europe uses GSM technology. More phone are built for that technology at the current time. USA and some other countries use CDMA. Thisis the main reason. when LTE comes out, this will most likely change
    06-05-09 10:35 AM
    Having just had a discussion with customer service wherein the person either was unable to or refused to answer my questions I am not happy. I asked to speak with someone else twice but was ignored so I gave up. I am not unhappy with Verizon in general but this is the second time -- and the worst incident -- since I switched to a new plan. Support staff needs work!
    06-05-09 10:56 AM
    Having just had a discussion with customer service wherein the person either was unable to or refused to answer my questions I am not happy. I asked to speak with someone else twice but was ignored so I gave up. I am not unhappy with Verizon in general but this is the second time -- and the worst incident -- since I switched to a new plan. Support staff needs work!
    okay so you have noted here that you have had a couple bad interfaces with VZW. Sorry to hear this. Now, if you can expland on what info you need, I am sure we can help.
    06-05-09 11:10 AM
    is a deposit on the second line, can I use the deposit to pay the ETF? [/QUOTE]

Yes - the final bill will show the deposit as long as the final is less than the bill.

I was thinking letting my g/f use the line, but we would have to pay full price for a new phone (she wants a BB now lol cuz she has been playing with mine ). So I was going to use the up grade and give her my current BB. But that's 6 months out still
    Two things here - first, look into a second-hand phone. There are many routes, including here.

Second - a friend seemingly screwed you & now you want to give the girlfriend the same opportunity?

Okay, bad example - but you get the idea.

Taking responsibility for someone else's mobile service is asking for trouble. At the very least, it is asking for a fast (and often overly contentious) trip out of their lives.

Want to be nice to someone? Buy them something. Don't tie them to you.

Want to be nice to the lady in your life? Backrub, cook her dinner, then DO THE DISHES.

06-05-09 11:11 AM
    Can I make my curve vibrate only for sms messages and not for emails? thanks
    06-05-09 11:50 AM
    Yes this done through your profiles ICON. In there scroll to advanded and then hightlight the active profile. Menu>edit and change the settings as desired.
    06-05-09 11:52 AM
    I have a Storm and it works well, updated to .148. My problem is my calls are getting dropped in my house. Signal fluctuate from full bars to nothing, zilch!! Already called 228 and they adjusted roaming. Called CS today and they are going to put a work order in but say it might not be rectifiable because they cannot guarantee reception within a building. I have had several Verizon phones before the Storm and never had a problem in my house before. I am upset! Btw, service in my area is supposedly good. Can anyone help?
    06-05-09 11:56 AM
    If they opened a trouble ticket not really. No carrier will state coverage will be good in a building. If other phones worked in the past then it is a difference of the device. Did this start after the upgrade?

06-05-09 12:13 PM
    No it didn't (start after upgrade). Strangely I call London all the time and those calls never drop...
    06-05-09 12:32 PM
    And thank you for answering!
    06-05-09 12:33 PM
    I have a Storm and it works well, updated to .148. My problem is my calls are getting dropped in my house. Signal fluctuate from full bars to nothing, zilch!! Already called 228 and they adjusted roaming. Called CS today and they are going to put a work order in but say it might not be rectifiable because they cannot guarantee reception within a building. I have had several Verizon phones before the Storm and never had a problem in my house before. I am upset! Btw, service in my area is supposedly good. Can anyone help?
    I see that issue a lot with BlackBerrys. The signal is a bit marginal to begin with and it almost seems like the radio antenna is directional.

I have a secure area within my home that is pretty much a radio-free zone. If it is wireless, it won't work. My daughter's phone loses signal after the first room, while all of the BlackBerrys lose theirs before entering the door.

AM/FM signals are similar, while HD-Radio gives me a little more.

Without an extender, the BlackBerrys are worthless due to building construction.

So, you may have a problem with your individual phone or you may have something being caused by the phone's design. Of corse, the former is usually correctable. The latter is only fixed by moving or getting another device.

06-05-09 12:35 PM
    I called CS found out some other options, the rep told me that I can use the insurance that is on that second line to get a new phone for that line if i want to keep the line.

Yes there is a depoist on the second line, $125, the ETF as of now is at $160, plus the $76 for that line of the bill, so what it would come to is $111 i would have to pay.

Yes i shouldnt have added the line for the person, but I have learned, as for the g/f, yea not sure if i want to do it, not going to get off topic as why I am thinking about it.

So I know my options on what to do, thanks for the reply
    06-05-09 12:41 PM
    why hasnt VZW come out with anything for the 8130 all i want is an all black housing with key board lol and it darn near impossible to get. Any hints or help?
    06-05-09 03:24 PM
    why hasnt VZW come out with anything for the 8130 all i want is an all black housing with key board lol and it darn near impossible to get. Any hints or help?
    The 8130 is at it's end of life. It is being replaced with the Pearl flip phone.
    06-05-09 11:19 PM
    OMG I'm doing everything I can to fix my BB Messenger sounds to work. Vibration dont work, sounds dont work....only on messenger.

anyone has that problem on their Storm????
    06-06-09 11:41 PM
    Verizon CEO recently stated that they have been "Overly protected their brand".

I am an analyst in mobile filed. Something will be changed to keep VZ competitive. This is all I can say for now.
    This came from the Verizon 8830-GPS update thread in the WE forum.

Just wondering can any of the reps expand on this? Twins
    06-07-09 12:16 AM
    how do i delete an app from my bb 8830 ?
    06-07-09 01:09 AM
    Options>Adv options>Applications>Scroll to the App>BB button>Delete

06-07-09 01:12 AM
5,111 ... 99100101102103 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD