View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 9899100101102 ...
tools
    well obviously the first storm didnt so i guess that would be a good question.
    there arent any rumors that the storm2 will have push to talk.
    06-02-09 08:24 PM
    Got a pair of storms for my girlfriend and I 2 weeks ago. Came from AT&T. She hates the storm and is returning it tomorrow and going back to at&t. If I return my storm, will I be able to come back to Verizon when Niagra is released? (and be eligible for discount with a new 2 year plan)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 10:02 PM
    Why does she hate the storm? Did you install the OS update? Yes you have 30days and can come back.
    06-02-09 10:07 PM
    Got a pair of storms for my girlfriend and I 2 weeks ago. Came from AT&T. She hates the storm and is returning it tomorrow and going back to at&t. If I return my storm, will I be able to come back to Verizon when Niagra is released? (and be eligible for discount with a new 2 year plan)

before you return try the new os it great and yes you have 30 days to return what you have think of it as a test drive
    06-02-09 10:17 PM
    She prefers the intuitive UI of the iphone (she's a Girl...). Plus she didn't realize her contract hadn't expired and AT&T will waive the fee. I love the BB but in this situation I think I'd like to go hang with AT&T until that new device comes out. Just wanted to make sure that was possible. Thank you!

Last edited by boobah204; 06-03-09 at 05:22 AM.
    06-02-09 10:19 PM
    OK so I want to know straight from a VZW rep does it or does it not void your warranty to load a leaked OS onto your storm. There are many threads on this topic but there are various opinions so I want to hear something straight from VZW. Thanks!!
    06-03-09 12:10 AM
    well obviously the first storm didnt so i guess that would be a good question.
    My point was that no one knows, until the device is released.
    06-03-09 01:05 AM
    OK so I want to know straight from a VZW rep does it or does it not void your warranty to load a leaked OS onto your storm. There are many threads on this topic but there are various opinions so I want to hear something straight from VZW. Thanks!!
    In a black and white world yes it would, but if anything happens all you would need to do is load the old one back on. In reality, if you called your carrier for support and they found your device has another OS on it, they may not support the issue. Also, if the deivce needed to be replaced - the carrier would not replace it.
    06-03-09 06:55 AM
    In a black and white world yes it would, but if anything happens all you would need to do is load the old one back on. In reality, if you called your carrier for support and they found your device has another OS on it, they may not support the issue. Also, if the deivce needed to be replaced - the carrier would not replace it.
    so does that mean that verizon cant tell what OS im running unless i bring it in the store with the leaked OS on it? Or would I be ok as long as i put the latest official on before i took it in for service? Thanks!
    06-03-09 09:20 AM
    I'm a newbie and on the fence about purchasing a BB and concerned about the plan costs.

I cannot find anywhere on the VZW site the $29.99 BIS plan or the $44.99 BES plan mentioned in the Sticky on this forum or in many other posts.

Do these plans only appear when one goes to activate the device?

The lowest cost plan I can find is the $49.99 BB Solution plan. This plan has no voice call allowance.

I would like a plan where I can access my POP3 email, occasionally surf the web, receive and send SMS and also use the device as a phone. I would be using the BB as a voice device perhaps 60-70% of the time.

Other posts also mention an "email and web plan" but the VZW site does not show this plan.

What plan would I need to select? I need a plan that offers "email and web" plus a voice allowance.

In a related matter, if I got a hand-me-down Curve from someone who got a Storm, can I activate the Curve on my account (my current account has only phones on it right now - no PDA or BB)? And will this require a contract? Can I activate the BB online?

The hand-me-down would be a test drive until the Niagara comes out and so I'm concerned about any contract requirements.

Thanks for any help!
    06-03-09 11:54 AM
    i used to hate Verizon but now with my blackberry im not having issues like i did with other phones so its all good
    06-03-09 02:50 PM
    I'm a newbie and on the fence about purchasing a BB and concerned about the plan costs.

I cannot find anywhere on the VZW site the $29.99 BIS plan or the $44.99 BES plan mentioned in the Sticky on this forum or in many other posts.

Do these plans only appear when one goes to activate the device?

The lowest cost plan I can find is the $49.99 BB Solution plan. This plan has no voice call allowance.

I would like a plan where I can access my POP3 email, occasionally surf the web, receive and send SMS and also use the device as a phone. I would be using the BB as a voice device perhaps 60-70% of the time.

Other posts also mention an "email and web plan" but the VZW site does not show this plan.

What plan would I need to select? I need a plan that offers "email and web" plus a voice allowance.

In a related matter, if I got a hand-me-down Curve from someone who got a Storm, can I activate the Curve on my account (my current account has only phones on it right now - no PDA or BB)? And will this require a contract? Can I activate the BB online?

The hand-me-down would be a test drive until the Niagara comes out and so I'm concerned about any contract requirements.

Thanks for any help!
    You already asked this in another thread and it was answered:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/faq...e-read-238075/

But going further into what weekendbum was saying, the $49.99 plan you're looking at is just for Blackberry Enterprise Service, and no minutes. There are other plans, if you get a Nationwide Email plan, it starts at $79.99, which includes 450 anytime minutes and BES. Or you can get $39.99 450 minute plan with the $29.99 data feature for BIS. Or you can get the $59.99 450 select plan with the $29.99 data feature for BIS, the select plan having unlimited messaging.... Depends on how many minutes you want as well as if you need BES.

If a friend gives you a phone, no, there's no contract extension to have it activated on your account. Sometimes activating online works, sometimes it doesn't. Try it out, if it doesn't work, call customer service to have it activated.
    06-03-09 06:08 PM
    Here's a question for a Verizon Wireless Representive...I'm on my 5th blackberry storm with all the problems I've had with it, now with my 5th phone I just upgraded to the new official software .148 from .75 when I run the application center it shows a solid white line on top of the screen..When I spoke with Blackberry Rim & Verizon Tech Support they keep blamming each other how can I get the application center fixed? With out dealing with the blame warms?
    06-04-09 07:32 AM
    This definatly I do not believe is not a RIM problem. Can you browse to other sites?

Try resending the service books agian. options>adv options> host routing table> menu>register now.
    06-04-09 08:03 AM
    I can browse other website's its only happens when I go in the application center

This definatly I do not believe is not a RIM problem. Can you browse to other sites?

Try resending the service books agian. options>adv options> host routing table> menu>register now.
    06-04-09 11:38 AM
    I need to know the unlock code for my blackberry storm, first generation. And I don't have verizon wireless. SO what do I do I bought the phone off of somebody and about to go out to over seas.
    06-04-09 11:42 AM
    Find a website sells unlock codes.

06-04-09 03:38 PM
    Here's a question for you VZW folks.

Had call drop issues on my 8330. Got a replacement.

I got HTML emails with my old curve (v.4.5.77)

New curve has HTML email enabled on the device (v.4.5.77)and on the BIS. However, new curve isn't properly receiving the HTML emails. I still get all the fun codes in the body of the email. I've resent service books, done multiple battery pulls, deleted and re-added the email addresses, deleted and readded and then resent service books. Why am I not getting HTML emails?
    06-04-09 05:13 PM
    I'm having problems setting up a new email......I don't remember my bis usermame or password. Can some one bbm me. Pin is. 305fa797

06-04-09 06:59 PM
    I'm having problems setting up a new email......I don't remember my bis usermame or password. Can some one bbm me. Pin is. 305fa797

06-04-09 06:59 PM
    I can browse other website's its only happens when I go in the application center
    Did you resend your service books like suggested?
    06-04-09 08:09 PM
    Here's a question for you VZW folks.

Had call drop issues on my 8330. Got a replacement.

I got HTML emails with my old curve (v.4.5.77)

New curve has HTML email enabled on the device (v.4.5.77)and on the BIS. However, new curve isn't properly receiving the HTML emails. I still get all the fun codes in the body of the email. I've resent service books, done multiple battery pulls, deleted and re-added the email addresses, deleted and readded and then resent service books. Why am I not getting HTML emails?
    Since youhave done all this, I would call VZW tech and let them know. This the second occurence I have seen here. Not sure I saw a resolution. This sounds like something that RIM might need to look at. Tech will get you there.
    06-04-09 08:12 PM

If you do not remember this infomration the only folks that can help you is tech person at VZW. Give them a call, this should not be very long to fix. You can get the password, but username will need to be provided form them
    06-04-09 08:14 PM
    If you delete your email account and recreate it, that should fix the HTML email issue.
    06-04-09 08:47 PM
    If you delete your email account and recreate it, that should fix the HTML email issue.
    I do believe that the person that posted about the HTML email issue stated they did do what you suggested.
    06-04-09 09:41 PM
5,111 ... 9899100101102 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD