I just got my curve and I am having problems with the desktop manager. I had a pearl connected to the computer and tried to just connect my curve and thought everything would be good. Nope! I could not get to the application part where you can select which programs you want to take off and stuff. It says Device Application Selection and under application name it says that I don't have the device software for the desktop software. I am confused! I ran everything off of the disk that came in the box.
    05-07-08 10:38 PM
    How are you guys getting it to work? I have been searching the forums and no one else is having this problem. Was I suppose to get the device software from some place?
    05-07-08 11:14 PM
    You need to have both the Desktop Manager installed on your PC as well as the OS for your phone.
    05-07-08 11:18 PM
    I have uninstalled the desktop manager and then reinstalled it from the blackberry website. I will try to install everything from the disk again. Thank you.
    05-07-08 11:20 PM
    What about selecting switch device on the desktop manager..?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-08 11:34 PM
    I have uninstalled the desktop manager and then reinstalled it from the blackberry website. I will try to install everything from the disk again. Thank you.

Did you install your OS on your PC as sunkast stated? You need to do that!
    05-07-08 11:45 PM
    You need to have two separate pieces of software installed. Once you have Desktop Manager installed, you need to install the phone's OS onto your computer as well.
    05-08-08 12:21 AM
    I got a new laptop last week. Downloaded DM to it today. I have the latest OS now on my pearl...are you saying I have to go back and download the OS to my laptop now too even though I have the latest one on my pearl? Hope I didn't mess anything up. I put music on my BB from my laptop tonight and didn't have any problems.

05-08-08 12:31 AM
    I got a new laptop last week. Downloaded DM to it today. I have the latest OS now on my pearl...are you saying I have to go back and download the OS to my laptop now too even though I have the latest one on my pearl? Hope I didn't mess anything up. I put music on my BB from my laptop tonight and didn't have any problems.

Putting music on your BB does not require your OS to be loaded to your PC. Making updates to your applications such as app loader or completing John Clarks memory thread will require your OS on your PC.
    05-08-08 12:41 AM
    Thanks to you guys I got it figured out! Went to the Verizon site downloaded the device software (it was in a drop down menu) and now I am go to go. Now I am trying to figure out how to get this darn facebook icon off the thing now!
    05-08-08 12:44 AM
    It's best to just hide the facebook icon.
    05-08-08 01:03 AM
    Thanks Garz.

05-08-08 01:12 AM
    It's best to just hide the facebook icon.
    Thanks! Now I can finally go to sleep...as soon as I figure out what is wrong with my external hard drive!
    05-08-08 01:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD