05-14-08 08:13 PM
412 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    I am in Ohio and I have tried 6 times and haven't had any luck. I am getting very anxious.
    05-04-08 06:51 PM
    When I called this morning the CSR didn't know it was on the site until I told him. He didn't know the sku either. After He checked the site and I gave him the sku he was able to place the order for me.
    05-04-08 06:54 PM
    Man I just got my hands on one....it is a test unit, but man its soo feakin nice. Best rim device to date. I can't wait to get mine Wednesday.
    05-04-08 07:54 PM
    can someone tell me what mms is? i know what sms is....
    05-04-08 08:07 PM
    can someone tell me what mms is? i know what sms is....
    MMS-Multimedia Messaging Service.....picture/video/sound messages
    05-04-08 08:10 PM
    I was able to order the phone this morning.

$319.99
    - $100 (NE)
    - $100 (ADC)
    $156.29
    - $50 (MIR)

I should get it by Tuesday or Wednesday.
    05-04-08 08:12 PM
    that's odd.. it was there last night and this morning... the picture didn't show but the listing was there.. ordered it around 9 am eastern but now it's gone
    05-04-08 08:16 PM
    All of you wanting to get your new 8330 Curve fix and don't have it yet.

Here are some pictures to drool over
    By yours truly......

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/bla...-thread-33579/
    05-04-08 10:13 PM
    Man I just got my hands on one....it is a test unit, but man its soo feakin nice. Best rim device to date. I can't wait to get mine Wednesday.
    how is it that users get test units?

and soo the cheap price that everyone is getting the curves for is only for pre-orders only?
    05-04-08 10:45 PM
    how is it that users get test units?

and soo the cheap price that everyone is getting the curves for is only for pre-orders only?

um how do we know he is just a user. He may know somebody at vzw or RIM to "look" at it.....

also the cheap prices? pre orders?

if you are up for a renewal you will get a really good deal. if not full retail unfortunately...

Pre orders.. well we called and they ordered them for us, but I wouldn't call them Pre order's..

Preorder's are considered you pay then wait for the device to become available this is not the case...
    05-04-08 11:06 PM
    thinking about getting a bb for my wife, she dont need the data plan but from what ive herd you have to purchase one to get a bb. so what i was wondering is if i get a bb with email plan only can i cancel it right after without having to pay extra????
    05-04-08 11:46 PM
    i think you can get email only i think its $15 but i may be wrong
    05-04-08 11:49 PM
    um how do we know he is just a user. He may know somebody at vzw or RIM to "look" at it.....

also the cheap prices? pre orders?

if you are up for a renewal you will get a really good deal. if not full retail unfortunately...

Pre orders.. well we called and they ordered them for us, but I wouldn't call them Pre order's..

Preorder's are considered you pay then wait for the device to become available this is not the case...
    I'm up for a renewal but when the curve was on the site, it was not such a good deal like the prices said on the thread.

I obviously know the process of what yall went through, but do pardon my mistake, i meant the pre-release order to be correct.
    05-05-08 12:09 AM
    Gah. So I was finally able to call. I gave the SKU for the phone first. The CSR said she couldn't look up phones by the SKU so we told her the name. She couldn't find it. I kept insisting to look to look by SKU and she must have "magically" been able to find it by SKU.

She said it shows up on a list of phones that will be coming out "later this month".

Grrr. Stupid rep. And because I'm not the primary person on the line, I need the primary to give information. So I can't even call back and heckle them.
    05-05-08 12:12 AM
    im not the primary but gave the information lol why dont you call Gary's number and leave a message? thats the only one that worked for me and i should recieve my curve tomorrow or tuesday.
    05-05-08 02:35 AM
    I got mines for $154 I should get it by tuesday or wed.plus a $50 mail in rebate so its more like $104 and then off to colorware it goes!
    Last edited by stayfly; 05-05-08 at 03:10 AM.
    05-05-08 02:41 AM
    Mine was $219 still pretty decent price
    05-05-08 02:47 AM
    The Curve was on the VZ website yesterday, but when I call up the old page from my history - I get this:

The selection you made is unavailable at this timeBrowse one of the options below to choose a different plan or phone, or call (800) 2-JOIN-IN for assistance.
    Oh well - since I'm still in Afghanistan - I can wait a few days! (home soon!)
    Last edited by _Wes; 05-05-08 at 03:03 AM. Reason: added
    05-05-08 02:50 AM
    thinking about getting a bb for my wife, she dont need the data plan but from what ive herd you have to purchase one to get a bb. so what i was wondering is if i get a bb with email plan only can i cancel it right after without having to pay extra????
    BB's on VZW service are required to have some kind of data feature.

The two current basic options are....
    Email & Web for BB - $29.99/ month - this covers data usage on the BB and access to BIS. (Does not cover SMS or MMS)

BB Unlimited - $44.99/ month - this covers data usage on the BB and the ability to put it on a BES if your company uses one. (Does not cover SMS or MMS)

See the VZW web page or call for exact details and prices.
    05-05-08 03:06 AM
    BB's on VZW service are required to have some kind of data feature.

The two current basic options are....
    Email & Web for BB - $29.99/ month - this covers data usage on the BB and access to BIS. (Does not cover SMS or MMS)

BB Unlimited - $44.99/ month - this covers data usage on the BB and the ability to put it on a BES if your company uses one. (Does not cover SMS or MMS)

See the VZW web page or call for exact details and prices.
    i know all this, what im wondering is can i sign up for the 29.99 package then cancel after i get the phone??? my wife dosent need it i dont even think she knows how to check her email on the desktop, she just wants the phone
    05-05-08 07:44 AM
    yes you can cancel it afterwards. after you sign up, call customer service and tell them you want to remove the data feature and add a national access block.
    05-05-08 09:31 AM
    Mine was delivered this morning at 850! I love it. I cannot access Verizon Navigator. Anyone else have this problem?
    05-05-08 10:55 AM
    I called 611 from my phone. At first the customer service rep said it was unavailable. Then she entered the SKU (bb8330c) and bingo - the order went through.

$319.99 minus $100 NE2 minus $100 Adv. Dev. credit minus $50 MIR. Paid taz and $14 for priority overnight shipping. All said and done $78.23 after rebate. Not to shabby!

I was not on a BB data plan prior so I had to add one. She said I had to do the more expensive ($44) plan - she said the cheaper $29 plan was not yet able to work with this device b/c of some firm ware issue. I didn't argue ... once I get it I will call back and lower it to the cheaper plan.

Also she told me that the 8330 is available in the Mid West right now but not in the northeast until May 12th. I'm located in NJ and she was located in the South Carolina call center (they cover the northeast apparently). She said I was really lucky b/c two of her colleagues tried and couldn't order this phone earlier today. Hit or miss I guess.

Called back just now and checked - the order went to the warehouse but had yet to be assigned a FedEx tracking number. Hopefully all goes well and I should have it in my hands tomorrow (05/06/08) before 10:30am. Good luck to all!
    05-05-08 11:30 AM
    Mine was delivered this morning at 850! I love it. I cannot access Verizon Navigator. Anyone else have this problem?

I have my Fedex tracking number and I am waiting for it tomorrow
    05-05-08 11:33 AM
    I am pretty sure I have tried a million times and had no luck at all. This is getting very frustrating.
    05-05-08 11:40 AM
412 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD