05-14-08 08:13 PM
412 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I ordered mine yesterday in a store. Should be here on mon or tues. Had to do some digging to find it but it was well worth it
    05-03-08 02:02 PM
    Ugh. Going to try and order mine today. I want it by Monday or Tuesday (well, now would be amazing too, but we can't get instant gratification always).
    05-03-08 02:24 PM
    Hello everyone - Just FYI that I received 4 new Verizon Curve 8330s yesterday from my corporate account manager. So they are available but going public on the 9th per my Acct Mgr. No GPS so I am still waiting for Sprints version which also let's you have tethered modem for no additional cost unlike VZ.
    05-03-08 03:03 PM
    I just got mine today as well. Everything works except for MMS. I can't receive or send pix messages. Called verizon and they said that phone isn't released yet so they can't turn in a help ticket.

Can anyone else send or receive MMS messages?
    05-03-08 03:18 PM
    I just got mine today as well. Everything works except for MMS. I can't receive or send pix messages. Called verizon and they said that phone isn't released yet so they can't turn in a help ticket.

Try pulling the battery, then re-registering on the network and re-sending service books.
    05-03-08 03:43 PM
    I just spoke to a rep today and I have to wait until Monday to order it because I'm on a business account.
    05-03-08 03:58 PM
    I got two reps that said they couldn't process it until the 9th...I didn't want to keep trying because the 2nd rep said she couldn't let me have my NE2 discount if I place the order early (NE2 date is the 13th)...so I guess I'll be patient for once =(
    05-03-08 05:08 PM

What did you have on your account before the Curve?

It may be that your account is not provisioned for MMS.

Remember the Curve and the Pearl are the first two BB's to have MMS capabilities.
    05-03-08 05:10 PM
    I was successfully able to order a new Curve as a new customer just now. The first rep I talked to sounded like she had been telling people 'no' all day. I asked her if she could look up the sku and as soon as I gave it to her she immediately said it would not be available until mid-month. She didn't even take the time to look it up. I called back 30 minutes later and a nice guy named Dustin hooked me up. Should have it on Tuesday.
    05-03-08 05:16 PM
    Congrats on everyone getting theirs earlier than expected. I to had tried to order ealier about 4 or 5 times and was rejected each time, that is ok rejection over a phone never killed anyone. I still enjoy my 8830 and will order the phone next week. Keep posting the valuable information that all of us crack(berry) heads need. That daily fix keeps me sane. Ciao
    05-03-08 05:27 PM

I can send MMS, but cannot receive them. Someone over at Howard Forums called support and they did fill out a trouble ticket for him. A few hours later he received an email stating that since the release of the phone is not until May 9th that MMS probably will not work until then for some reason. I believe its something to do with the MMS Service Books.

I tried deleting them and resending them to my phone but it did not fix the problem.

When I called Tech Support yesterday I was on the phone with them for 2 hours trying everything imaginable. At the end of the call they decided to send me out a new Curve thinking it was the handset. I don't think it is the handset.

At any rate, Verizon will hopefully have it fixed by the official release date??
    05-03-08 05:45 PM
    Everyone, If you call 611 from your cell phones you can order the Verizon Curve for Tuesday, May 7th Delivery if you are willing to give up the VIP $50 discount! I just spoke to someone and upgraded both mine, and my wife's lines to the Curve.
    05-03-08 06:08 PM
    If my 30 trial period ends on the 10th, and this phone goes public online on the 9th, could I just walk into a store and tell them I'd like another BlackBerry, but order it online or something? Or could they order it for me then? Anyone have any VZW knowledge of the return policy? Thanks..
    05-03-08 06:47 PM
    Yester,

That's a beautiful thing, thanks for the pictures. I'll be curious to know if the ringer is louder than the 8830 ringer.

P.S. I salute you, sir. My nephew is a volunteer firefighter.
    05-03-08 07:38 PM
    If my 30 trial period ends on the 10th, and this phone goes public online on the 9th, could I just walk into a store and tell them I'd like another BlackBerry, but order it online or something? Or could they order it for me then? Anyone have any VZW knowledge of the return policy? Thanks..
    I am not sure how it would work, if they have the Curve in store you will be fine, however if they don't have it they might give you a loaner phone (I have read about this happening somewhere...) Are you a new VZW customer or an existing? If you are an existing it will reset your plan to before you upgraded and you go back to your old phone until the curve comes in...if you are new I am not really sure. I do know that you have the full 30 days because I had an 8830 for exactly 30 days and they let me return it.

They also told me that they weren't getting the curve in May too....I can't wait to get mine to go and show that woman she was wrong.
    05-03-08 07:47 PM
    I can send MMS, but cannot receive them. Someone over at Howard Forums called support and they did fill out a trouble ticket for him. A few hours later he received an email stating that since the release of the phone is not until May 9th that MMS probably will not work until then for some reason. I believe its something to do with the MMS Service Books.

I tried deleting them and resending them to my phone but it did not fix the problem.

When I called Tech Support yesterday I was on the phone with them for 2 hours trying everything imaginable. At the end of the call they decided to send me out a new Curve thinking it was the handset. I don't think it is the handset.

At any rate, Verizon will hopefully have it fixed by the official release date??
    Yeah everything is set correctly...ie service books... provisioning... Still no MMS. Anyway I got the same answer from Verizon, they don't know why but they think it's because it hasn't been released yet. I was also unable to download the VZ Navigator. I think there are some provisioning issues related to the phone not officially being released. We shall see. Regardless I'm happier than a fat kid in a candy store! :-)
    05-03-08 08:00 PM
    I am not sure how it would work, if they have the Curve in store you will be fine, however if they don't have it they might give you a loaner phone (I have read about this happening somewhere...) Are you a new VZW customer or an existing? If you are an existing it will reset your plan to before you upgraded and you go back to your old phone until the curve comes in...if you are new I am not really sure. I do know that you have the full 30 days because I had an 8830 for exactly 30 days and they let me return it.

They also told me that they weren't getting the curve in May too....I can't wait to get mine to go and show that woman she was wrong.

I am an current verizon customer on a family share plan. I guess I was wondering if they'd be able to take back the 8830 and order the curve from in the store for me if I asked?
    05-03-08 08:30 PM
    I just placed my order for my new Curve. I have to thank all of you for the info.
    Here is some more for those who have not been able to order one yet.
    The $50 courtesy/VIP discount only applies to those who have been randomly given a VIP account. Just mention the $50 data credit and they will put a $50 credit on your next bill. It will ship on Monday and arrive on Wednesday. The number of the rep who helped me is 843.566.8600 ext. 2184. Good luck everyone.
    05-03-08 08:43 PM
    I ordered, expected new Curve today.. Got it!! Pls remember that call center agents are overwhelmed, under gun for minutes on line, answer times, etc. so if you can spare a few minutes, if your agent successfully procceses your new curve, ask for supervisor, give a "commendation" its a nice perk for them after what they just did for us and our addiction!! They get recognized by call center staff and we get our BB Curves! Today when I called one question the agent said "you are the ONLY person I've seen get one of these".. I decided to keep the "secret" to myself.. Smile! Many thanks to all or I would be waiting til whenever ND Verizon gets on the wagon!! PS.. MMS not work on mine either.. yet..All for $68.. cuz yet another rebate came in box today w/curve : ) I fully expected (and would have!) to pay $400+ in store.. thanks again all!
    05-03-08 09:25 PM
    hey im new here, ive been browsing this site for quite some time about the 8330 and now have a chance to get one.
    im just wondering where should i get the number to call and is there any specific hours they are open or if they dont answer on sundays
    05-03-08 09:50 PM
    Received mine yesterday (Friday), sent it out to ColorWare to get custom colored two tone and should have it back in 2 weeks. Custom colored BlackBerry 8830 World Edition for Verizon and my spare BlackBerry 8320 UNLOCKED Custom Painted in Metallic Jet Black with Black Keypad (FOR SALE RIGHT NOW) are holding me out for 2 weeks until I get my Verizon Curve baby back.
    05-03-08 10:09 PM
    I am an current verizon customer on a family share plan. I guess I was wondering if they'd be able to take back the 8830 and order the curve from in the store for me if I asked?
    They will take back the 8830 as long as it has been 30 days or less, and you go back to your old phone. When they launch the curve officially you can go and ask them to order if for you and you will get the NE2 discount. I actually upgraded to the 8830 last month and returned it last week and went back to the phone i had before it so I could get the NE2 discount when I upgraded to the curve. I called yesterday and ordered the curve and upgraded with the NE2 so I got it for like 119.00 after all the discounts they applied. But they won't order it in the store until it officially launches, they will say that it doesn't show up in their system yet, I asked about it the other day when I returned my 8830...
    05-03-08 10:22 PM
    Ok thanks for the info. Do you think it would show up in their system between May 9th and 12th (the time when its online but not in stores?) And when you return a phone under 30 days does it have to be to the same store you purchased it from, or can it be any Verizon store? Thanks for the info!
    05-03-08 10:28 PM
    I believe it can be in any store you want to....I am not sure about it being in their system...maybe someone else here knows. They might be able to order it in store when it launches online, but I am not 100% on that...
    05-03-08 10:45 PM
    hey im new here, ive been browsing this site for quite some time about the 8330 and now have a chance to get one.
    im just wondering where should i get the number to call and is there any specific hours they are open or if they dont answer on sundays

Customer Service
    Dial *611 from your (Verizon) cell phone or
    (800) 922-0204
    Monday-Sunday 6am-11pm
    05-03-08 10:47 PM
412 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD