05-14-08 08:13 PM
412 ... 34567 ...
tools
    OK, so for those of you that got this phone, please test out the following. REPORT BACK ASAP!!!!

1) YouTube streaming.
    2) Web Radio Streaming.
    3) Memory
    4) Rintone Volume w/MP3 (is it low like the 8830)
    5) Can you use a regular pair of headphones with it (for music and video listening). (i.e. not the headphoens that came with it!!!)
    Just got my shipment notification email. Picked up today @ 1:23pm, says it will be here by tues. Since i'm in LA and it's coming from Ontario, I'm guessing Monday

And JR, if no one else posts info about the phones' attributes, I'll give you the info. I know about how good the At&t's ringtone volume so I understand what you want to know.

As for the memory hope this helps...He's legit he even has photos of his phone in this forum

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - View Single Post - The Official Blackberry 8330 "Curve" Pre-Release Thread
    05-02-08 05:35 PM
    i got the tracking number and getting it by noon tomorrow,
    now i have a question. will my pin number change once i activate my new curve? i had the pearl before. and will the phone change affect my @vzw.blackberry.net email?
    Yes your pin will change, but I'm not sure about the email setup...
    05-02-08 05:38 PM
    i got the tracking number and getting it by noon tomorrow,
    now i have a question. will my pin number change once i activate my new curve? i had the pearl before. and will the phone change affect my @vzw.blackberry.net email?
    Your email address won't change, you will just have to go to the BIS website and change the ESN and PIN for the device on there in order to get email on your phone.
    Last edited by mthomas1987; 05-02-08 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Typo
    05-02-08 05:44 PM
    And JR, if no one else posts info about the phones' attributes, I'll give you the info. I know about how good the At&t's ringtone volume so I understand what you want to know.

As for the memory hope this helps...He's legit he even has photos of his phone in this forum

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - View Single Post - The Official Blackberry 8330 "Curve" Pre-Release Thread
    Cool bro, thx! And 44MB Free is noice. Now I'll just wait on the answers to my questions.
    05-02-08 05:48 PM
    I just called Verizon to check on the status of my order, and it has been placed and processed by the online team, but the order hasn't reached the warehouse. They haven't even charged my account for it yet. They rep told me to call back tomorrow to see if it gets a tracking number by tomorrow and I might get it by 3pm.
    I was told that it would be processed today and possibly shipout tomorrow when I ordered it at 4:00. So I might not get my phone until Monday or at the lastest Tuesday even though I paid the extra fees for overnight delivery. It's better than waiting another week or two but it's so much worse knowing its ordered and I have to wait....the anticipation is killing me already!
    05-02-08 06:14 PM
    I called back to make sure they charged me for the saturday shipping, not next business day. turns out it was just next business day. i was told they could fix it, and id still have it tomorrow. i called fed ex once i got the tracking # and they said it was scheduled for monday and only verizon could fix it, but there was time for them to call now and i could still have it. so now i'm on hold with verizon while they are talking to fed ex. she seemed to think it would be OK, but well see when i get off of hold. i can't be too mad, they have been very helpful. i just dont think the girl who took my order understood she needed to select saturday. I'll let you guys know the final result...
    05-02-08 06:19 PM
    Finally got mine ordered. My rep called me back and said she got approval to order the phone for me. YAY.

Finally..... Bunch of free goodies as well
    05-02-08 06:26 PM
    Ok, they tell me it was "re-routed" and will be to me tomorrow morning by 10:30 a.m. We will see. It is at a fed-ex shipment "place" about 20 miles away...so there is NO reason why I cannot have it tomorrow! I will let you all know if I get it in the AM!
    05-02-08 06:26 PM

Finally..... Bunch of free goodies as well
    Everyone else got lots of free goodies....I only got 1000 overage protection minutes...I feel like I kinda got ripped off...LOL

Does anyone know if phone orders follow a different policy than online orders? It says online that any order placed before 5pm (Monday-Friday) will be shipped overnight. I was just wondering. Thanks!
    05-02-08 06:34 PM
    Still waiting to see if anyone has valid pictures or info of their own personal vzw 8330

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-08 07:31 PM
    Still waiting to see if anyone has valid pictures or info of their own personal vzw 8330

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If you look back through the posts you will see where people have posted pictures of the phone they got.
    05-02-08 07:41 PM
    check out HOFO they got pictures on there. I'm sure we will all soon have pictures on here but everyone is still playing I guess.
    05-02-08 07:41 PM
    Had to call *611 with some questions about my bill. After she got everything straightened out, I asked if I could order an 8330 Curve while still on the phone. After doing some looking, she told me that I could order one and on a new 2 yr. with a $50 rebate, $100 advance device discount, it would be $319.96 I asked if that was the correct price, she said yes and I left it at that.
    05-02-08 07:44 PM
    lol 319 is with a two year agreement, but they didn't seem to minus off the other discount..... lowest we have seen them is under $100.

Mine is this break down.

Unit Price: 319.00
    My Price 169.00

free shipping Sat delivery

oh and there is a MIR coming for $50 off...

so for me around $100
    Last edited by yester18; 05-02-08 at 07:50 PM.
    05-02-08 07:47 PM
    lol 319 is with a two year agreement, but they didn't seem to minus off the other discount..... lowest we have seen them is under $100.
    I spent 40 mins on the phone with her, really grew tired of the yapping. Anyway, I decided to hold off anyway. I have only had my Pearl for 2 months, and it has grown on me. I have just about mastered the SureType!
    05-02-08 07:51 PM
    Nice bro.

I am dropping the sale on my pearl as we speak. I like full keys better and I have been waiting for this since AT&T came out with it.... but there network is terrible......
    05-02-08 07:54 PM
    Just got my confirmation email from Verizon, it shipped out at 6:22 from Memphis, TN and says standard overnight, but the deliver by date is May 5th by 3pm....
    05-02-08 08:04 PM
    Yes...that IS cheap. And some are getting it even LOWER.
    How can these folks get it at such a low price??
    05-02-08 09:16 PM
    called in..... chick was cool, says, "ok, the blackberry curve." (that was after I told her the SKU). anyway. she gave me NE2 (more than I was supposed to get), data discount, and I will get it Tuesday by 10:30 for $129.99. Now is it true that there's still a $50 mail-in rebate with the box sku? Cuz that would be crazy lucky for me. So now I guess I'm a crackhead, or at least I'm headed that way. I hope this works out.

I hope everyone posts once they get theirs out of the box.
    05-02-08 09:44 PM
    Unbelievable. I called 4-5 times & talked to 4 ******* who said no such thing exists and then the 5th guy is the smartest guy in the world and processed it in 3 minutes. Of course, I am leaving town for a week and will return Friday to start playing with it. Sheees!
    05-02-08 10:35 PM
    Wow, 3rd time is a charm... I got the coolest rep ever. Here is the break down of my charges.

319.99\ Phone
    -100.00\ NE2
    -50.00\ Data plan credit
    -50.00\ Courtesy credit because phone is so popular and everyone wants it.

= 119.99
    + 34.07\ Tax
    =154.06\ Grand Total shipped to arrive on Tuesday
    05-03-08 12:00 AM
    is it true you cant get ne2 if you have a 9.99 line on the family plan
    05-03-08 12:19 AM
    I just talked to a VZ rep. She said: "it's not out yet". I didn't argue with her, because I didn't feel like spending my evening on the phone with her. Oh well, I may try again, or just wait until it hits the stores.

BTW, I just saw one listed on EBay for $600! Yikes! Of course, the picture shown was a stock photo, with no VZ logo on the phone.

I hope all of you who already have it are enjoying!
    05-03-08 12:38 AM
    ordered mine about 12 pm today and was told i could only get new every 2 and 50 mail in rebate, no rebate for upgrading to bb plan because i have a secondary line......so i called my local vzw and told them i was thinking of getting a pearl and was told that i can get 50 dollars off by upgrading to bb plan, and if i was primary line i could get 100. is there anyway after receiving my curve to get the additional 50 dollars off for upgrading to bb plan????
    05-03-08 12:38 AM
    thats wat they did to me said i couldnt get a ne2 because im i secondary line i was like wtf? then i could on get $50 for data plane and 50MIR = $219 i wanted $169 or less lol
    05-03-08 12:44 AM
412 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD