05-14-08 07:13 PM
412 ... 1314151617
tools
    Here is my story:
    Been counting down for the curve to come to verizon forever, like all of you. I am not eligible for an upgrade for way to long, and realized that i would have to pay a lot in order to get it. Enviously i have been watching this forum grow with more and more people being able to get their hands on the curve (knowing that i would not get it for a long while). Then last night happened, call it what you must but i call it destiny: 3 am, im walking upstairs with a cup of chamomille tea cause i cant sleep, bb8703e in the other hand.... i trip on the stairs, the tea goes flying out of the cup, all over the stairs...but also lands straight in my phone that is in the other hand....
    i have had alot of close calls with liquids and dropping of my phone, and have been lucky to that point, but last night i was SOL.
    The phone is on, i can see the screen, but the trackwheel along with all of the other buttons have gone haywire.... sometimes it works, but then it has a spaz attack and presses buttons on its own, at other times i can see the home screen (in today mode so i can luckily see the text messages and calls, and sometimes mark them as read).
    Anyways, i came to a cross road, do i pay 60 dollars to fix this peice of crap/ get a new piece of crap, or do i try and milk verizon and myself for that matter to get what ive been waiting for.
    Its been the big question all day, and then finally i decided to go ahead and give them a call
    Call 1:
    No, the curve does not come out till the ninth, we will not ship it till twelfth, deal with it. No, nobody has it, your friends lied to you when they told you that they have a curve for verizon. No, well then your friends mistook their pearl for a curve, it is impossible, and even theoretically i cannot give you a price. No, the website is incorrect (puts me on hold), well the website is correct but they[U]wont ship out the ones for the website until the 9th[U]
    2nd Call:
    That SKU number is incorrect (i kept telling her to check, and kissing her a**) no way, not gonna happen...she told me to wait, and there was no way it was possible
    3rd Call:
    "I was wondering if i could order something by SKU number"
    "your telling me you know the number of the thing you would like to order, do you know the name of it?"
    " i do not remember the name of it but i have the number, can i give it to you?"
    "i find that hard to believe, but sure"
    "bb833..."
    "are you tryin to order the curve"
    "i dont know what you are talking about maam"
    "okay continue"
    "bb8330c"
    "let me check for you sir... ... that would be the blackberry curve, how would you like to pay?"
    i ended up paying like $276 with tax and adding another 2 years and something else, but it finally worked
    im excited, but annoyed that even if its on the website we had to go through with that process"
    moral of the story- if you really want a curve, then god will make you drop tea into your phone and force you to convince yourself to get a new one...
    according to them, if you order from the website, they will not ship it until friday

that was long
    05-06-08 11:56 PM
    Seems VZW has been a royal pain to some. I like the story above, however. That would be a funny convo to listen to.
    05-07-08 12:09 AM
    Haha, that was a pretty funny story. I might have to haggle with VZW to get the price down to something like $200 and change bc I am not yet eligible. I think I am going to go in on Monday night.
    05-07-08 12:30 AM
    im gonna have to wait because gary flaked on me
    05-07-08 02:49 AM
    I have 8830 that is less than 60 days old with VZW........I can't get cs to let me switch out, trade in, nothing............My contract is not eligible for upgrade yet due to just getting 8830(which I really didn't want) I have to have a camera on my crackberry>>>> ANYBODY
    05-07-08 05:29 AM
    Got my curve last night.........its sweet!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-08 07:28 AM
    My husband ordered mine last night for my Mother's Day gift - whooo hooo! It will be here tomorrow! We didn't do that great on the price ($286 total), but we did get them to give us our renewal early (I wasn't due until mid-June). I'm counting the minutes until that Fed Ex guy arrives!
    05-07-08 07:43 AM
    I have 8830 that is less than 60 days old with VZW........I can't get cs to let me switch out, trade in, nothing............My contract is not eligible for upgrade yet due to just getting 8830(which I really didn't want) I have to have a camera on my crackberry>>>> ANYBODY
    Sorry you are out of luck. The only way would be to pay full retail (like I did..)....479$. ouch! Its all good, its a great device, im an addict and Im happy.
    05-07-08 08:05 AM
    Mine is on its way, to be here nlt 3:00 pm. Come on FedEx man make me your first stop!
    05-07-08 08:25 AM
    mine should be here this afternoon as well. free overnight shipping....can't beat that.
    05-07-08 09:08 AM
    I just ordered my 8330 curve over the phone. The great stated since I have a corporate account, if I wanted to order the Global 8330 for the same price. I ordered that one, but was not aware the 8330 had this (I know the 8830 does.) Has anyone heard about this?
    LOL, enjoy your new 8830. The rep was mistaken.
    05-07-08 09:39 AM
    I have to ask, why doesn't anyone just buy into a new 2 year contract even if you're under one still. Doesn't that end your current contract and put you under a new 2 year one? I know other carriers can do this. I've never had to ask VZW about it... anyone know.
    05-07-08 09:40 AM
    Does anyone really know when the curve will be in stores? I called my local VZW store and they said Monday. I am not sure if I can wait that long
    05-07-08 10:20 AM
    I had seem some sources that indicated "In Stores on the 12th", so your info on Monday sounds right.
    05-07-08 10:26 AM
    Just looked at it online, if I were to upgrade w/out contract its $439.99.
    05-07-08 10:34 AM
    I have to ask, why doesn't anyone just buy into a new 2 year contract even if you're under one still. Doesn't that end your current contract and put you under a new 2 year one? I know other carriers can do this. I've never had to ask VZW about it... anyone know.
    You can end your current contract, but they will charge the Early Termination Fee of 175$ AND you will loose your current phone number and have to get a whole new one.
    05-07-08 10:43 AM
    Yea, thats not a great idea
    05-07-08 10:57 AM
    I just spent an hour on the phone with tech support regarding recieving MMS. They could not figure it out. But somehow she managed to find out that my $10 per month unlimited IN and 500 out of network text plan disappeared when I got the new phone. She gave me another number to call to try to fix the problem. I have to do some work, but i will call later.

Has anyone had any luck with recieving MMS??
    I was on the phone for 2 hours trying to get MMS working. They have no clue. Apparently its just not working yet. Also, i am unable to download VZNavigator. Try it it gives some wack error when you do.
    05-07-08 10:59 AM
    I was wondering if any of you guys were having a problem with the LED notification on your curve? I cant seem to get mine to work. I have checked all the settings within the profile, resent the service books, and even did a whipe on the phone. I just got off the phone with tech support and we still couldnt get it to work so now i have to wait till friday to go into a store and get it replaced.
    05-07-08 11:31 AM
    I was wondering if any of you guys were having a problem with the LED notification on your curve? I cant seem to get mine to work. I have checked all the settings within the profile, resent the service books, and even did a whipe on the phone. I just got off the phone with tech support and we still couldnt get it to work so now i have to wait till friday to go into a store and get it replaced.
    I haven't had any problems with mine. It sounds like its just a problem with your phone.
    05-07-08 01:00 PM
    I ordered a curve off the website, cause they said I would receive more discount than on the phone. Unfortunately I wasn't able to add overnight shipping... Has anybody else ordered on the internet, and if so, how long did the shipping take?
    Last edited by crackhead7; 05-07-08 at 04:30 PM.
    05-07-08 04:26 PM
    You can end your current contract, but they will charge the Early Termination Fee of 175$ AND you will loose your current phone number and have to get a whole new one.
    You misunderstood me. I mean go in and sign a new 2 year contract before your other one expires. With other carriers it simply renews you for another 2 years from the date of signing. For example, when they used to renew your contract for chaning calling plans, this is what would happen. You could change plans at any time, but your contract would renew for 2 years.... why wouldn't the same happen here?
    05-07-08 05:04 PM
    I am in shock......I called again this morning after reading the stories on this forum, Curve is on the way, will have by 10:30 tomorrow with NO CHARGE.(that's right, it was FREE) This was the 3rd call in 3 days, it's all about who answers the phone and what kind of mood the customer service reps are in.......I got an awesome one this morning.
    05-07-08 08:56 PM
    Anyone been able to confirm the earler post about gps might be unlocked on the 8330 or is this just a rummor

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-08 08:56 PM
    I ordered a curve off the website, cause they said I would receive more discount than on the phone. Unfortunately I wasn't able to add overnight shipping... Has anybody else ordered on the internet, and if so, how long did the shipping take?
    ordered sunday morning, arrived tuesday afternoon
    05-07-08 09:42 PM
412 ... 1314151617
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD