05-14-08 07:13 PM
412 ... 910111213 ...
tools

I was not on a BB data plan prior so I had to add one. She said I had to do the more expensive ($44) plan - she said the cheaper $29 plan was not yet able to work with this device b/c of some firm ware issue. I didn't argue ... once I get it I will call back and lower it to the cheaper plan.
    This quote got me a bit worried. Has anyone else run into this issue... The requiring of the Curve to have the expensive BB plan ($44).

My wife and I just a week ago upgraded to the 8830... THEN we found out the Curve was coming and we were going to trade in the 8830s for Curves. But might rethink if the Curve is going to force the more expensive BB plan
    05-05-08 05:26 PM
    After three tries connected with the Pittsburgh center and they filled my order with no problem. Final price $129 incl tax with another $50 rebate with the phone. Other two centers said phnoe was not available.
    ronnert
    05-05-08 05:27 PM
    Today rep at VZW Circuit City said early release major screw up that might cause problems for official release. Who knows? Has anybody tried Mobitv or Audible on the Curve?
    05-05-08 05:27 PM
    Ya I got mine! 160 after taxes! Yay!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-08 05:45 PM
    got a confirmation and tracking number from verizon today on the curve i ordered off the website on sunday morning... should be here tomorrow... good thing i'll be home anyway
    Ya I got mine! 160 after taxes! Yay!

Congrats yall! I still wanna see proof LOL
    05-05-08 05:55 PM
    Proof? yester18 posted hi resolutions photos of his.
    05-05-08 06:00 PM
    And beautiful high-res shots they were. *drools*
    05-05-08 06:06 PM
    This quote got me a bit worried. Has anyone else run into this issue... The requiring of the Curve to have the expensive BB plan ($44).

My wife and I just a week ago upgraded to the 8830... THEN we found out the Curve was coming and we were going to trade in the 8830s for Curves. But might rethink if the Curve is going to force the more expensive BB plan
    I asked this question in the forum a few times but got no reply. I bought the curve a few months ago and they had the $29.99 BIS plan. I returned it within 30 days because I heard the curve was coming. When trying to price out a BB on the website, I see no $29.99 BIS plan, just the $79.99 plan for unlimited internet and 450 minutes. You get a $5 discount for getting a combined plan. That is what I have had on my Q for the past two years.

Can someone clarify, with actual recent experience, that the $29.99 BIS plan will be available to folks that do not currently have a BB?
    05-05-08 07:03 PM
    Hi Everyone,

Sorry to hear some of you still can not order your curves.

I saw it online yesterday and place my order. I just got confirmation it was shipped today and I should get in the am.

I'm so excited! and I just can't hide it!

05-05-08 07:05 PM
    Congrats yall! I still wanna see proof LOL

well all i can tell you is it was on the site sunday morning.. when it arrives tomorrow i'll be happy to take a pic ... wow people are soooo cynical
    05-05-08 07:55 PM
    i've now called for the third time with no luck. I'm starting to think it may be a function of where people are located. i live in new england. where are the people who have recieved it from? what about the others who have not been available?
    05-05-08 07:59 PM
    i've now called for the third time with no luck. I'm starting to think it may be a function of where people are located. i live in new england. where are the people who have recieved it from? what about the others who have not been available?
    I'm from PA. I was just lucky that the second CSR I talked to placed the order for me.
    05-05-08 08:05 PM
    I live in CT & have had no luck with Verizon customer service (I made 3 calls today) .
    ~Sheri

05-05-08 08:14 PM

When I upgrade they didn't tell me anything like this, but I am going to call and ask them what BB plan I am on...I just looked online and it says I can add the one thats 44.95 a month (at a discounted rate...35.99 a month for some reason) So I am assuming I still have the $29.99 unlimited plan.
    05-05-08 08:16 PM
    i think they just screwed up on the website.. it was on saturday night after like 1am but i couldn't access my account... said it was not in service at the time so i couldn't order.. when i woke up sunday am to walk the dog it was still there and i could order (no pic on the website as others have said.. the red x ) ordered it and then later that day it was gone...
    05-05-08 08:18 PM
    I managed to get mine in the store today.
    05-05-08 08:45 PM
    I managed to get mine in the store today.
    where do you live?
    you just walked in an asked.... haha sick
    05-05-08 08:55 PM
    well all i can tell you is it was on the site sunday morning.. when it arrives tomorrow i'll be happy to take a pic ... wow people are soooo cynical
    Ill be waiting... waiting like you guys did to get the curve
    05-05-08 09:05 PM
    I live in Illinois.

Haha is was great, I walked into a circuit city to get something else. Saw the Verizon rep was free and asked him about the curve.

Lo and behold he said they just got the shipment in (as he was still unpacking all of it) He told me he would check if it was out yet and gave me the dummy demo they had to look at.

I was eligible to upgrade and have a discount through work. There wasn't consumer pricing listed yet but the corporate pricing allowed the sale.

Ended up walking out of the store with mine for 105 + tax. It was awesome haha
    05-05-08 09:06 PM
    which version of the blackberry OS does the new VZW curve have?
    05-05-08 09:18 PM
    I think its 4.3.0.124 but 4.3.0.199 is out.
    05-05-08 09:22 PM
    the OS is 4.3.0.127
    05-05-08 09:22 PM
    Ill be waiting... waiting like you guys did to get the curve
    great, then i'll see you back here tomorrow
    05-05-08 09:27 PM
    i'm new to the whole blackberry thing (don't even have one yet as i'm waiting ont he curve) but how do you get the new OS when they are released? does verizon have to release it, or do you go straight to RIM?
    05-05-08 10:05 PM
    hate to get off topic but im wondering what this plazmic application dose???
    05-05-08 10:40 PM
412 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD