05-14-08 07:13 PM
412 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    After at least 6 calls to Verizon since I first saw this post last week, I found a Verizon rep with enough intelligence to help me get this phone ordered! YEAH!!

Will be "curvy" tomorrow.
    05-05-08 10:42 AM
    Since they messed up my shipping, I ended up getting a $100 credit, so total, I paid $100 for mine! I think I may call and have them take the cost of the shipping off too!
    05-05-08 10:44 AM
    Has anyone been able to get the VZ Navigator website to work?
    05-05-08 11:04 AM
    i know all this, what im wondering is can i sign up for the 29.99 package then cancel after i get the phone??? my wife dosent need it i dont even think she knows how to check her email on the desktop, she just wants the phone
    No, you can not. BB's are required to have a data feature/plan to be active on the VZW network.

Any other data devices can have the National Access Block that Greystealth mentioned, but not Blackberries.
    05-05-08 12:01 PM
    No, you can not. BB's are required to have a data feature/plan to be active on the VZW network.

Any other data devices can have the National Access Block that Greystealth mentioned, but not Blackberries.
    This is true. Previously you were able to put a block on the phone, like I did, but RIM came with the agreement to enforce you HAVE to have a data plan with a bb. I still have mine blocked because I have always had it blocked.
    05-05-08 01:03 PM
    Just ordered mine at 11:52am this morning. Will be here tomorrow !! I checked and my card has been charged already.

Took me 4 tries to find a rep who would look it up via SKU, and I had to twist her arm a little bit.

Woo Hoo!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-08 01:43 PM
    Anyone know if well be able to get AIM on this phone? Or do we have to get IM+?
    05-05-08 01:44 PM

you are incorrect sir. You have to have a data plan to activate a blackberry device, however, once it is already active on the account, you can go in there and remove the data feature. I have done it many times myself. The only way it cannot be done is if you have one of those new premium plans which have the data package bundled together with Voice. It that sense you would have to change the calling plan.
    Last edited by greystealth; 05-05-08 at 01:52 PM.
    05-05-08 01:48 PM
    Why would you want a BB without data? Isn't that the whole point of having it?
    05-05-08 01:57 PM
    Why would you want a BB without data? Isn't that the whole point of having it?
    I agree.....Maybe some people wanna look cool i guess....
    05-05-08 01:59 PM
    Ok, just thought I might be missing something! I mean they are def cool...but i wouldnt get one just to talk and text on, that's for sure!
    05-05-08 02:02 PM
    For those of you with MMS issues, if you don't have (2) MMS Service Books listed on the device then your BB is not provisioned for MMS. It must match service books similar to the 8130. It's possible the CSRs don't have the capability to provision these phones through the BB provisioning tools just yet. I hope MMS doesn't become a problem for this phone... it's the same damn thing as an 8130 in terms of how MMS would function.
    I have 2 MMS service books listed: "MMS Transport (RIM) [WPTCP]" and "MMS Client [MMS]"

i can send mms messages but cannot recieve. what can I do to fix this?
    05-05-08 02:21 PM
    you are incorrect sir. You have to have a data plan to activate a blackberry device, however, once it is already active on the account, you can go in there and remove the data feature. I have done it many times myself. The only way it cannot be done is if you have one of those new premium plans which have the data package bundled together with Voice. It that sense you would have to change the calling plan.
    Actually I'm not wrong, this is what I get paid to do on a daily basis. Very specifically VZW's PDA's, BB's and Broadband Access Cards.

I will say it is very possible that you have made those changes, and probably still could depending on who you talk to.

What I am saying is this is NOT the way it should be set up.

BTW - I'm not trying to cause problems, I just want to provide correct information to the person that answered the question since I have it.
    05-05-08 02:55 PM
    Its ok man, believe what you want. I have the same job as you and have been there for over 3 years. This thread is heading a different direction. Lets get back to the Curve, anyone else have pics from their early arrivals? I'm tracking mine on fedex, should be here wed morning...I cant wait!!!!
    05-05-08 03:32 PM
    I'll have pics of mine as soon as it arrives tomorrow.
    05-05-08 03:56 PM
    Still no Curve. Reps apparently don't like looking up by SKU.
    05-05-08 04:04 PM
    For ppl who send a lot of txt msgs, what's the best way to go with bb's? Just use IM's or pay Verizon $10 extra /mo for 500 txt msgs? I'm confused on why Verizon's bb data plan ($79.99) does not include txt msging.
    05-05-08 04:05 PM
    79.99???? which data plan is that? The only 2 I am aware of are 29.99 and 44.99. They are actually both the same, just the 44.99 adds the BES ability. IMO, if you have alot of BB friends, you can use BB messenger which uses PIN messages and NOT text messages. However if you have alot of people using verizon wireless as well, go with the 10$ 500 msgs w/unlim in.
    05-05-08 04:10 PM
    I still can't get the curve either. i've called three times, and have even given them the SKU number. all of the say it won't be available till the ninth.

i also don't get why the "data plan" does not include unlimited text messages. makes no sense at all.
    05-05-08 04:10 PM
    They should totally include unlimited text with the expensive data plans, however it's a money-making opportunity and you know they won't pass that up.
    05-05-08 04:16 PM
    For ppl who send a lot of txt msgs, what's the best way to go with bb's? Just use IM's or pay Verizon $10 extra /mo for 500 txt msgs? I'm confused on why Verizon's bb data plan ($79.99) does not include txt msging.
    I'm on a plan with three lines. I pay an extra $30 for all three lines to have unlimited texting to any network.
    05-05-08 04:18 PM
    Thx for replies on txting.

Why get a Curve over Pearl? Is Pearl significantly smaller? Any functionality differences?
    05-05-08 04:36 PM
    Thats gonna be personal preference. They are both the same devices but the curve has a larger screen and a full qwerty keyboard with 1 letter per key vs. the Pearl has a full qwerty keyboard but some of the keys have 2 letters per key. My advice, go to store and check them both out once the Curve arrives, play with them and see which one would be more practical for what you do daily. They are both excellent devices.
    05-05-08 04:39 PM
    got a confirmation and tracking number from verizon today on the curve i ordered off the website on sunday morning... should be here tomorrow... good thing i'll be home anyway
    05-05-08 05:22 PM
    got a confirmation and tracking number from verizon today on the curve i ordered off the website on sunday morning... should be here tomorrow... good thing i'll be home anyway
    the website? i didnt see the curve on there, and the verizon model is the 8330. may want to change your information.
    05-05-08 05:24 PM
412 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD